• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

HughDomfok #21 Posted 29 May 2017 - 08:55 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 27832 battles
  • [VG]

View Postsnagglepuss, on 28 May 2017 - 07:00 PM, said:

On a serious note, every soldier knows the risk of this occupation when they apply to the army... Most of them do not join the army in the idealistic "I defend my country" thought, they simply join the army for the money/adventure.

"apply"...?

Chairman_merpug #22 Posted 29 May 2017 - 10:22 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 44797 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostHughDomfok, on 29 May 2017 - 08:55 AM, said:

"apply"...?

In the UK, soldiers volunteer. YMMV.

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

stevewindow79 #23 Posted 30 May 2017 - 12:02 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 32591 battles
  • [OLD]

View Postsnagglepuss, on 28 May 2017 - 05:00 PM, said:

I'm Dutch we don't have an active military, we only have "soldiers" shouting "pang" and "boom" to each other cause we're to cheap to buy bullits. These so called soldiers still get payed from my taxes though...

On a serious note, every soldier knows the risk of this occupation when they apply to the army... Most of them do not join the army in the idealistic "I defend my country" thought, they simply join the army for the money/adventure. I do some charity, but I rather give to the real unfortunate or sick people, who didn't get into a nasty situation knowing at forehand that could happen.

Sorry if anyone read my first post this is the edited one

Edited by stevewindow79, 30 May 2017 - 12:07 AM.

Y4533N #24 Posted 03 June 2017 - 02:26 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 25638 battles
  • [RIOT-]

Please dont take this the wrong way but being from Manchester and quite possibly the closest person then anyone on the forums (not really a positive thing), what has help4heroes got to do with the children killed at Ariana Grande's concert in Manchester Arena? It was children not veterans. Im all for charity 100% but if you really want to help those affected by this serious and shocking attack there are plenty of charities with ties with The Royal Manchester Childrens Hospital etc.

Thats all im going to say about this.

**I know** your intentions are positive but I have seen some pretty sickening stuff and I dont really want to dwell on the negative side of this attack and dont really want to start mentioning about how some rightwing people (usually britain first and other small mided people) have used this tragic event and the fact that its mothers and fathers daughters and son's death being used as an advertisement for spreading hate.

Edited by Y4533N, 03 June 2017 - 02:34 AM.

Clan Leader of RIOT      Several WOTB clans use our clan bot and we have 2 clan servers - so we are very active. Join the public Discord Server WITH discord link:-  https://discord.gg/uwSNe5T & WE HAVE OUR OWN Discord bot with over 4000 users!   "When I die, I want WG to lower me in the Grave so they can let me down one last time"  - Y4533N.  :teethhappy:

Y4533N #25 Posted 03 June 2017 - 02:30 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 25638 battles
  • [RIOT-]

View PostHughDomfok, on 29 May 2017 - 08:55 AM, said:

"apply"...?

like apply for a job or apply for a clan, send in an application etc. :)

Clan Leader of RIOT      Several WOTB clans use our clan bot and we have 2 clan servers - so we are very active. Join the public Discord Server WITH discord link:-  https://discord.gg/uwSNe5T & WE HAVE OUR OWN Discord bot with over 4000 users!   "When I die, I want WG to lower me in the Grave so they can let me down one last time"  - Y4533N.  :teethhappy:

bladefury_1 #26 Posted 03 June 2017 - 08:42 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 2495 battles

View PostY4533N, on 03 June 2017 - 02:26 AM, said:

Please dont take this the wrong way but being from Manchester and quite possibly the closest person then anyone on the forums (not really a positive thing), what has help4heroes got to do with the children killed at Ariana Grande's concert in Manchester Arena? It was children not veterans. Im all for charity 100% but if you really want to help those affected by this serious and shocking attack there are plenty of charities with ties with The Royal Manchester Childrens Hospital etc.

Thats all im going to say about this.

**I know** your intentions are positive but I have seen some pretty sickening stuff and I dont really want to dwell on the negative side of this attack and dont really want to start mentioning about how some rightwing people (usually britain first and other small mided people) have used this tragic event and the fact that its mothers and fathers daughters and son's death being used as an advertisement for spreading hate.

You've lost me fella,I haven't seen anything about that tragic event mentioned... (I'm sure I would have living in Stockport and my friends wife and daughter missed disaster only by the time it takes for a lift door to close),,,,

Y4533N #27 Posted 03 June 2017 - 09:33 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 25638 battles
  • [RIOT-]

View Postbladefury_1, on 03 June 2017 - 08:42 PM, said:

You've lost me fella,I haven't seen anything about that tragic event mentioned... (I'm sure I would have living in Stockport and my friends wife and daughter missed disaster only by the time it takes for a lift door to close),,,,

you didnt hear about Manchester Arena?

bladefury_1 #28 Posted 04 June 2017 - 02:48 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 2495 battles

View PostY4533N, on 03 June 2017 - 09:33 PM, said:

you didnt hear about Manchester Arena?

Don't think there is anybody in our country that doesn't know about that... like I said... a m8's wife and daughter only just escaped with their lives....

No what I meant in the above post is that I hadn't seen it mentioned in this thread about "the hero's",,,,hence why I didn't get the meaning of your post bud....

Whilst we're on the subject... thoughts and prayers to the victims and families of tonight's attack in london......

Also tagged with update, 3.8, money, WG, Charity, heroes

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users