Jump to content


Spare parts spending tactics

spare parts equipment

  • Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Jukkis74 #1 Posted 27 May 2017 - 09:22 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 33065 battles
  • 729
  • [AFK]
  • Member since:
    06-29-2014

First of all, I do not like spare parts system, and I loathe the timers. That being said, I would like to get views on how you spend your spare parts.

 

My current approach

- never drive tank without first three slots unlocked (and never pay gold)

- if using spare parts, only for slots 4-7 (second tier and first of the third tier slots)

- I skip tanks I have already aced (still many to go in ace-chasing)

- t10 tanks get slots 1-7

- t6-8 premiums get slots 1-7

- few tanks in t9 have got 1-5 or 1-6 

 

I could spend more, but where would it make most sense? T5 premiums? T9?



Pururut #2 Posted 27 May 2017 - 09:33 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 23562 battles
  • 1,750
  • [1RTR_]
  • Member since:
    07-29-2013

Spend it all on low tier premium tanks,especially kmm and anko

#Weebpower

Realize that you dont have enough sp to equip a single tier 10

#Regrettinglifedecisions

Embrace the loooong sp grind via missions

...

 

Or do as our op did, use your mind.If you still have enough sp then equip the tanks you like to drive the most.

 

 


Democracy is dead. Long live the republic.

nikolaykarageorgiev #3 Posted 27 May 2017 - 06:35 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 65056 battles
  • 35
  • [W4RO]
  • Member since:
    01-01-2015
Ive used my spare parts to upgrade all my tier10 tanks to max-currently around15(i play mostly tier 10 and also i use some of them in CW). With the leftovers i did same with all my tier 8 prem( to have some variaty when making credits) and also maxed 2 of my favorite tier 7 tank-Rudy and M10. Other tank are all on tier 3 equipment because i dont bother much playing them! 

MarsIsBrightTonight #4 Posted 27 May 2017 - 08:26 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 30273 battles
  • 562
  • [OBB]
  • Member since:
    11-03-2016
Because I'm running full provisions to make up for the disappearance of vents, i don't make many credits. So the first to be equipped were my premiums above tier v - I'm going to need them often. Then I equipped my favorite tanks with GLD. Still have 250k  reserve. Not feeling the need for much else ATM, or rather, I do, but I also don't want to waste my stash either. Mostly waiting for anything to change in this ****ed-up system.

"Gambling: The sure way of getting nothing for something." (Wilson Mizner, US playwriter, 1876-1933)


Broadsword_ #5 Posted 28 May 2017 - 10:51 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 37351 battles
  • 345
  • [1RTR_]
  • Member since:
    04-03-2015

It's not really spending tactic's I need. More earning tactics.

 

Sadly we are all in the same situation when it comes to getting hold of these blinkin things!

 

Regards

Broadsword


In war it is the man that counts, and not only the machine. A good tank is useless unless the team inside it are well trained, and the men in the team have stout hearts and enthusiasm for the fight. Montgomery Nov 1944

 


Colmain595 #6 Posted 28 May 2017 - 07:12 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 43360 battles
  • 982
  • [KRH]
  • Member since:
    12-15-2014

No fear, WarGreedy will make spare parts available at some future point, for real money, in some way.  No matter that many thousands of customers spent real money equipping tanks and on other features in game, only for WarGreedy to rob us all in update 3.8.

 

Never spend money on this game as WarGreedy will just change the goal posts again.  Credits are worthless and Premium tanks are not worth buying.

 

 



Broadsword_ #7 Posted 28 May 2017 - 08:50 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 37351 battles
  • 345
  • [1RTR_]
  • Member since:
    04-03-2015

View PostColmain595, on 28 May 2017 - 07:12 PM, said:

No fear, WarGreedy will make spare parts available at some future point, for real money, in some way.  No matter that many thousands of customers spent real money equipping tanks and on other features in game, only for WarGreedy to rob us all in update 3.8.

 

Never spend money on this game as WarGreedy will just change the goal posts again.  Credits are worthless and Premium tanks are not worth buying.

 

 

 

sadly... very sadly I concur

 

Regards

Broadsword


In war it is the man that counts, and not only the machine. A good tank is useless unless the team inside it are well trained, and the men in the team have stout hearts and enthusiasm for the fight. Montgomery Nov 1944

 


Tijgerhaai_XIV #8 Posted 28 May 2017 - 09:45 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 11679 battles
  • 2,094
  • [ALBA]
  • Member since:
    06-08-2016
I've partially equipped my favorite premium, the VK 45.03, my highest tier, Glacial 112 (terrible mistake, enabled me to take it drunk joy riding), and my favorite tank, VK 30.01 P. 6 or 7 slots, a few fourth slots and that was all my SP.

 


DieJagdkatze #9 Posted 03 June 2017 - 07:49 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 29649 battles
  • 571
  • Member since:
    12-13-2014

70.000 spare parts for tier 1 tank !!!???

It takes around 20 battles to unlock tier 2 tank.

How will new players earn 70.000 spare parts in tier 1 ???

Non sense !!!



reekoiler #10 Posted 03 June 2017 - 08:15 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 43519 battles
  • 1,858
  • [FTC-1]
  • Member since:
    05-02-2017

I re-rolled after 3.8 so my tactics may be differ from those who already had a garage.   I am aiming for a small number of tanks I like and plan to keep and those tanks will eventually have all 9 equipment slots ticked.   On the way, transit tanks will just have the first three, no spare parts will be used on them.

 

Like Broadsword, I wish it were easier to earn the damn things but their rarity has the effect of getting me salivating like Pavlov's dog once I amass enough to open another slot.   Today I expect to unlock a 7th slot on the KV1 (a keeper) and the thrill is palpable.   So, well done WarGreedy (I like that) - I think I like the new equipment system (with reservations) but not enough to give you any money.



17ares #11 Posted 03 June 2017 - 08:45 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 34739 battles
  • 286
  • [101]
  • Member since:
    04-19-2016

View PostColmain595, on 28 May 2017 - 07:12 PM, said:

No fear, WarGreedy will make spare parts available at some future point, for real money, in some way.  No matter that many thousands of customers spent real money equipping tanks and on other features in game, only for WarGreedy to rob us all in update 3.8.

 

Never spend money on this game as WarGreedy will just change the goal posts again.  Credits are worthless and Premium tanks are not worth buying.

 

 

Actually SP are available for gold. I f you have an easy mission, you can restart it for gold and you can get your sp. It is not a reliable way but you can. Sad story. All our gameplay is changed after sp. For example I want to get my Kuro Mori Mine ( GUP contest) but the greatest problem will be grabbing some crap spare parts. 



DieJagdkatze #12 Posted 03 June 2017 - 09:40 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 29649 battles
  • 571
  • Member since:
    12-13-2014

I was lucky. I have small number of tanks, basicaly one favorite tank for each tier, this was my strategy from begining of the game. This was I can become master of a tank by playing it many battles. I got 1x tank for tier 1 2 3 4 5 7 and 2x tanks for tier 6 8 9 10. That is 14 tanks. I received around 1.700.000 spare parts on update and that plus what I played until now, was enough to fully upgrade all my tanks. But this was because of my inital strategy, of having one strong tank in each tier. But when apply this to general population it will result in less tank variety, because all will use strongest tanks in each tier. Also I can feel the pain for those that had many tanks and especialy premium tanks.... they cant play them anymore at full performance. I find it unfair even when buying a new premium tank, you can basicaly play it at full performance after 2 weeks... that sucks. Somebody who buy a premium tank is eager to play it right then and take full advantage of it, but not anymore.

...and again, 70.000 spare parts for a tier 1 tank ???!!! Really ???



Huwie_ #13 Posted 03 June 2017 - 09:41 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 36760 battles
  • 4,352
  • [AFK]
  • Member since:
    11-16-2014

7/9

 

 


Do not go gentle into that good night.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Hy! From Active Frontline Klan


Blue_Snail #14 Posted 03 June 2017 - 10:23 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 4519 battles
  • 375
  • [ALBAB]
  • Member since:
    05-21-2017

View PostDieJagdkatze, on 03 June 2017 - 04:40 AM, said:

I was lucky. I have small number of tanks, basicaly one favorite tank for each tier, this was my strategy from begining of the game. This was I can become master of a tank by playing it many battles. I got 1x tank for tier 1 2 3 4 5 7 and 2x tanks for tier 6 8 9 10. That is 14 tanks. I received around 1.700.000 spare parts on update and that plus what I played until now, was enough to fully upgrade all my tanks. But this was because of my inital strategy, of having one strong tank in each tier. But when apply this to general population it will result in less tank variety, because all will use strongest tanks in each tier. Also I can feel the pain for those that had many tanks and especialy premium tanks.... they cant play them anymore at full performance. I find it unfair even when buying a new premium tank, you can basicaly play it at full performance after 2 weeks... that sucks. Somebody who buy a premium tank is eager to play it right then and take full advantage of it, but not anymore.

...and again, 70.000 spare parts for a tier 1 tank ???!!! Really ???

 

Best post I have seen in a long time.  You and I are kindred spirits.  I am a re-roll from WoT.  I have 60+ tanks over there, and that's after weeding a bunch out.  Here in Blitz, I plan to have a few really good tanks, and at least 1 at each tier.  This equipment process is quite slow.

I really feel for the old-timers who got so badly scr.ewed.  :angry:

There are lots of good reasons to complain about WoT, but none come close to matching what WG Blitz did. 

However, I'm really enjoying the play style in Blitz and the interesting maps.  There are a lot of significant differences in Blitz.  Fortunately I found a good clan, and the guys are mentoring me in mastering the different interface.  I did spend a little to get garage slots and a BTSV.  Now my wallet is closed.  I'm here to Play4Fun, not to establish a second career. 



 


Motorhead4Ever #15 Posted 04 June 2017 - 10:01 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 66686 battles
  • 80
  • [NOM4D]
  • Member since:
    02-13-2016

I used to have over 60 tanks in my garage, all fully equipped. I kept them all with 3.8 coming, to get as many spare parts as possible. After the update I reduced the amount of tanks to 15 favourite ones, which I fully equipped. My stats are steadily improving, and it made me realize something: it doesn't make sense to have an abundance of tanks in your garage.

 

Equipment is not a magic stick which turns a 50% player into a 60% player. I think it is also a mental thing: you THINK you are losing because you are lacking (all) equipment. And playing (too) many different tanks at the same time (in the garage), it makes you lose focus. My best and favourite type of tank is the heavy one, so almost all of my current tanks are heavy ones. Focus on one type, full equipment and playjng more with the same tank really made the difference for me. From a 55-60% player, I'm now mving in the direction of 65-70%



Blue_Snail #16 Posted 05 June 2017 - 07:54 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 4519 battles
  • 375
  • [ALBAB]
  • Member since:
    05-21-2017

View PostACEofSPADES1972, on 04 June 2017 - 05:01 AM, said:

I used to have over 60 tanks in my garage, all fully equipped. I kept them all with 3.8 coming, to get as many spare parts as possible. After the update I reduced the amount of tanks to 15 favourite ones, which I fully equipped. My stats are steadily improving, and it made me realize something: it doesn't make sense to have an abundance of tanks in your garage.

 

Equipment is not a magic stick which turns a 50% player into a 60% player. I think it is also a mental thing: you THINK you are losing because you are lacking (all) equipment. And playing (too) many different tanks at the same time (in the garage), it makes you lose focus. My best and favourite type of tank is the heavy one, so almost all of my current tanks are heavy ones. Focus on one type, full equipment and playjng more with the same tank really made the difference for me. From a 55-60% player, I'm now mving in the direction of 65-70%

Wow !  This is a really good post.  You took a lousy situation and turned it around.

I'm still experimenting in the Blitz environment.  I did best with TD's in WoT, but these maps do not seem to favor them.

 



 


jylpah #17 Posted 05 June 2017 - 10:51 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 19781 battles
  • 4,736
  • [AFK]
  • Member since:
    08-05-2014
While I agree with Mr Motorhead, I still feel upset about WG nerfing 95% of my tanks. I like to play many different tanks including (or mostly) very challenging (underpowered) ones. I feel less interested in playing non-equipped tanks. Especially VertStab is critical for meds and lights, but it is level 3 Equipment meaning I can get one more tank with VertStab in 2019. I don't find all the equipment so important, but anything related to gun handling is. 

Just a little buff for Panther II, please 

Jylpah @EU  Jylpah @Asia  Tier V-X Tank Ranking   Blitz-tools   


Peter_Moosey #18 Posted 05 June 2017 - 11:16 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 24990 battles
  • 1,035
  • [OLD]
  • Member since:
    05-31-2015

View PostTijgerhaai_XIV, on 28 May 2017 - 09:45 PM, said:

I've partially equipped my favorite premium, the VK 45.03

 

I would like to platoon with you please !

 

I have VK 45.03 too but i am CRAP in it.......

Are you Dutch too ? Your name is a Dutch word for Tiger Shark :)   (Zo ja dan is het nog makkelijker met toonen)

 

Peter

 

 



Tijgerhaai_XIV #19 Posted 05 June 2017 - 03:17 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 11679 battles
  • 2,094
  • [ALBA]
  • Member since:
    06-08-2016
I did not say I was any good in it :)

It is just a bully of a tank, just picture Corporal Jones saying "they don't like it up them" and you will do fine :)

I play pretty casually but sure add me and we'll see if we can arrange something.

And no not Dutch, maar ik heb hier gewoondt elf jaar. Ik kan praten beetje beter dan schrijven. Which even I can see how hilariously bad it is. Stomme taal, eigenlijk ;P

 


Peter_Moosey #20 Posted 05 June 2017 - 03:24 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 24990 battles
  • 1,035
  • [OLD]
  • Member since:
    05-31-2015

View PostTijgerhaai_XIV, on 05 June 2017 - 03:17 PM, said:

I did not say I was any good in it :)

It is just a bully of a tank, just picture Corporal Jones saying "they don't like it up them" and you will do fine :)

I play pretty casually but sure add me and we'll see if we can arrange something.

And no not Dutch, maar ik heb hier gewoondt elf jaar. Ik kan praten beetje beter dan schrijven. Which even I can see how hilariously bad it is. Stomme taal, eigenlijk ;P

 

Ok, i will make a friend request :)

Every language is stupid in regard that it is often hard to express your thoughts perfectly.......

Regards,

Peter







Also tagged with spare parts, equipment

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users