Jump to content


Ways to Mend Military Honour

MH Millitary Honour Suggestions Proposals

  • Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Guard_Of_Justitia #1 Posted 31 May 2017 - 09:02 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 18184 battles
  • 644
  • [HIALL]
  • Member since:
    03-10-2016

From what we all know, there is a significant minority that feel annoyed being defeated, abuse the MH system by reporting various AFKs, and while I really cant complain now (I am 'trustworthy' now from 'undisciplined'  There should be ways this 'good' idea can be salvaged

 

Since all the penalties available in the game are not really important nor hindering to the enemy team those should not be available, but the only one important is provocative communication, and WG should offer a transcript of all the dialogues and  the player asked to point out, and if need be, sent for reporting and review by WG (note that before MH was introduced, the only way to punish offensive behaviour was tickets so this should be little to no different) 

 

Mine's may be hopelessly complicated but suggest yours


Edited by ERWINROMMEL1915, 31 May 2017 - 09:03 AM.

 

 


Precariat #2 Posted 31 May 2017 - 09:49 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 15012 battles
  • 725
  • [B-B-B]
  • Member since:
    03-06-2017

But that's the problem, isn't it?

WG wanted to bring back global chat, as did many players. The honour system gave players an easy way to report any abuses but the amount of reports was likely overwhelming and the reason why global chat was suspended. In terms of workload it didn't deliver any payoff on the business side.

 

What is now available is a feel good button, you can let the battle play out while getting more and more annoyed and then vent by pressing that button with no further action required from WG staff. Of course they then thought to expand it and so we have the honour system, positive honour can be manipulated but gives no real payoff to the player.

 

I rarely get any votes, maybe 6 since the system started, it's nice to get a positive rating (I currently have 2 worthy opponent ratings and 1 inactive player*) I do give out positive/negative ratings but usually I don't see the point. It's not why I play. i enjoy seeing good team play so it's nice I can hit a button once in a while to say well done, I appreciated what you did there. If I get killed early because somebody did something (either by design or accident) is it really worth sitting through another 5 minutes just to hit a button that let's face it doesn't really do anything. Better to jump into another tank to take out my irritation on some other reds.

 

* I was afk for part of 1 battle where I had to deal with a phone call, that wasn't the battle I got the inactive for though


When you can't walk, you crawl and when you can't crawl anymore somebody will carry you

 


LoadAimFireRun #3 Posted 31 May 2017 - 02:44 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 28424 battles
  • 391
  • [-ROP-]
  • Member since:
    12-22-2015
My impression is you only get a positive vote if you pull the stuff of legends in game. Otherwise no one bothers.

lockbreak_1812 #4 Posted 03 June 2017 - 10:19 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 13875 battles
  • 1
  • [N7]
  • Member since:
    08-24-2014

I'm grinding a 50% amx.....barely moves, 30 second reload......

building a nice collection of inactivity thumbs down, not much I can do about it.

 

I think overall the MH is not doing what it was intended for!



MustaKustaa #5 Posted 03 June 2017 - 01:03 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 24889 battles
  • 750
  • [MK]
  • Member since:
    04-07-2014

Well, yes. Slower tanks do suffer from this, I had my rating dropped by playing TOG, which is an OP machine as people do not appreciate it being dangerous. The one game without me being the top damage player, boo, 3 votes for inactivity.

I personally still dont find this problematic, at least yet. Untill my rating drops for bad reasons, like the OPs seem to have and receive penalty for that. 

But I do see the problem here, in worst case scenario. And I do need to think twice before rolling out with my beloved TOG..


MolotovKoktail rules of engagement:

1.Have fun

2.Let others have fun, so behave yourself

3.Have fun together, so NO political, religious, etc discussion.


MarsIsBrightTonight #6 Posted 03 June 2017 - 01:23 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 22341 battles
  • 498
  • [OBB]
  • Member since:
    11-03-2016

View Postlockbreak_1812, on 03 June 2017 - 10:19 AM, said:

I'm grinding a 50% amx.....barely moves, 30 second reload......

building a nice collection of inactivity thumbs down, not much I can do about it.

 

I think overall the MH is not doing what it was intended for!

 

Why do you hurt yourself? Train your crew to at least 75% and stock on provisions to make up for the gap.

I have a feeling that a bad start will guarantee you weeks of lousy teams, courtesy of the matchmaking algorhytm. It's a vicious circle. My T29 is in one such situation ATM...


"Gambling: The sure way of getting nothing for something." (Wilson Mizner, US playwriter, 1876-1933)


Tvich #7 Posted 03 June 2017 - 03:44 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 7192 battles
  • 2
  • Member since:
    04-28-2011

I don't know if we are playing the same game.

I sometimes take the time to explain my teammates, why they are bad.

I might even tell them what I think about their skill and general intelligence.

 

I still have absolutely no problems with Military Honor reporting.

I also think, you people are taking it way to serious. If you get 100x complaints for inactivity, your account will get disabled for a day or two (as it should). But for 5-10 complaints? No one cares.

Also people give out those praises all the time. Try covering someone for once (when full hp) and try to not be useless and you will get your precious praises :)



MustaKustaa #8 Posted 03 June 2017 - 03:51 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 24889 battles
  • 750
  • [MK]
  • Member since:
    04-07-2014
I do so, and I dont care, except to keep it on a level where I do not get banned etc. I need to be able to chat and log in atall times, as I lead a clan of around a 100 people in 3 groups. Lots and lots of work..

MolotovKoktail rules of engagement:

1.Have fun

2.Let others have fun, so behave yourself

3.Have fun together, so NO political, religious, etc discussion.


aaaandy #9 Posted 03 June 2017 - 05:53 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 15457 battles
  • 43
  • [GRMP]
  • Member since:
    08-30-2012
Seriously I don't see the point in this system. I have played well sometimes 2 to 4 kills with good damage (not every game) I wish. And get complaints for my troubles. Not sure if it's jealous players or what. And another thing I have noticed after the honour reset the pos reset but the neg don't?????. Someone pls enlighten me.

llo1 #10 Posted 03 June 2017 - 06:16 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 25769 battles
  • 4,912
  • [1RTR]
  • Member since:
    06-27-2014

I was under the impression that all these were reset weekly, but to date those I have, haven't yet been reset, either plus or minus ones!

Also please can anyone cornfirm the numbers which will have a detrimental effect on my ability to play.

Someone please confirm the correct way these are working!


 
Certified member, Save the Littlepard Foundation

jonty_2014 #11 Posted 03 June 2017 - 06:36 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 59899 battles
  • 4,608
  • [EMRS]
  • Member since:
    09-23-2014

View Postllo1, on 03 June 2017 - 06:16 PM, said:

I was under the impression that all these were reset weekly, but to date those I have, haven't yet been reset, either plus or minus ones!

Also please can anyone cornfirm the numbers which will have a detrimental effect on my ability to play.

Someone please confirm the correct way these are working!

 

 

I wouldn't worry until you have a 0 star rating, which must take some work; I haven't changed what I do, apart from resisting the temptation to rage and I'm on 5 stars...

I do give feedback and reserve the 'inactive' downvote for anyone with 0 damage. It happens to us all, but some more than others. I've seen way less abusive chat, so it works as intended. I really don't lose sleep over false reports, I may have had 2. 

 

TL:DR - don't be a d/ck and all will be well. 


 


llo1 #12 Posted 03 June 2017 - 08:16 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 25769 battles
  • 4,912
  • [1RTR]
  • Member since:
    06-27-2014

Thanks Jonty,

However, since this stupid MH has been implemented driving a slow tank, with slow reload is the way to collect these adverse points from all the noob players who immediately rush away from the team and die for minimal effect!

Just taken out my beloved KV2 for a bit of fun, and had two losses where the other greens ran away from me and died. On both occasions I was last man standing, highest scorer, and received 2 "inactive comments" ..........

Yet another tank retired to the garage on a semi permanent basis!

Yet another WG failure on all accounts, as well as a broken system!


 
Certified member, Save the Littlepard Foundation

LordNibs9 #13 Posted 03 June 2017 - 09:28 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 9136 battles
  • 1,164
  • [IRMA]
  • Member since:
    04-16-2016

I think the term 'provocative communication' is misleading, I think it should be called 'offensive communication' so that players don't use it when someone gets annoyed for being abandoned, or have the team do nothing all game. 

 

That being said, if you were top 3 performers in the team you should not be allowed to be given an inactive player vote and if you didn't speak at all, no provocative communication. 

 

My take on unsportsmanlike behaviour is blocking/kill-stealing/calling people noobs. I reckon people have used it when someone has gone in a different direction to their plan in a battle or something trivial like that. 
 

Lastly, someone with 2 stars or less should have their down votes mean less as they're perceived to be untrustworthy, rude or unsportsmanlike. 


"Odi et amo. quare id faciam fortasse requiris.
nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.'" Catullus 85 
 
Proud Member of IRMA :honoring:
 
 

llo1 #14 Posted 04 June 2017 - 06:20 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 25769 battles
  • 4,912
  • [1RTR]
  • Member since:
    06-27-2014
Agreed mostly with LordNibs9, but most of the players when I have actually checked the MH following poor play, ALL seem to be 4 or 5 star rated players! Wtf! System being abused of what!
 
Certified member, Save the Littlepard Foundation

harrier_77 #15 Posted 04 June 2017 - 06:47 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 42020 battles
  • 1,504
  • [49DIV]
  • Member since:
    06-13-2016

The system is massively flawed. A large number of brainless numpties have now been given the opportunity to downgrade a decent performance with one big jealousy thumb press. It seems in many cases, the better you do, the more likely you are to get a thumbs down. I've personally had more than a few 'inactive in battles', and I've topped out in all of them....one particular effort sticks in the craw..... tiger1, 3.2kdmg, 6 kills and mastery.... for this team carrying effort I was awarded an inactive in battle complaint!!! 

Truly awesome:(


And when I reach the gates of heaven, Saint Peter I will tell..."one more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell".

verse found among possessions of dead american GI on omaha beach. Normandy 1944.


MikkelTJ #16 Posted 04 June 2017 - 08:52 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 36962 battles
  • 319
  • [AFK]
  • Member since:
    06-20-2014

View Postharrier_77, on 04 June 2017 - 07:47 PM, said:

The system is massively flawed. A large number of brainless numpties have now been given the opportunity to downgrade a decent performance with one big jealousy thumb press. It seems in many cases, the better you do, the more likely you are to get a thumbs down. I've personally had more than a few 'inactive in battles', and I've topped out in all of them....one particular effort sticks in the craw..... tiger1, 3.2kdmg, 6 kills and mastery.... for this team carrying effort I was awarded an inactive in battle complaint!!! 

Truly awesome:(

 

The abuse of the "inactive" button should be really easy to fix for WG. Set up a few criteria and only enable the "inactive" vote on a player if he fulfills those. Criteria could include distance travelled, damage dealt, assisted damage, periods of inactivity from the controller.

 

The abuse of the "provocative communication", is harder, but not impossible. Clearly the button should only be enabled on players who were active in chat. Further, a whitelist of clearly inoffensive communication can be made (existing chat logs is a good starting point). If the list is long enough, it can be brought to cover the vast majority of inoffensive chat (I am talking about a list of sentences here - a whitelist of words will not do). "Provocative communication" votes which make it through this filter will have to be handled by WG staff. But if they expand the whitelist while working, their task will gradually get smaller.

 

The third negative vote option "unsporting conduct" is very hard to handle in this way. The best thing could be to remove it, since the trolls will just start using that when the other options don't suit their purpose.


Yay! HESH is back.:justwait:


llo1 #17 Posted 04 June 2017 - 09:28 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 25769 battles
  • 4,912
  • [1RTR]
  • Member since:
    06-27-2014

View PostMikkelTJ, on 04 June 2017 - 08:52 PM, said:

 

The abuse of the "inactive" button should be really easy to fix for WG. Set up a few criteria and only enable the "inactive" vote on a player if he fulfills those. Criteria could include distance travelled, damage dealt, assisted damage, periods of inactivity from the controller.

 

The abuse of the "provocative communication", is harder, but not impossible. Clearly the button should only be enabled on players who were active in chat. Further, a whitelist of clearly inoffensive communication can be made (existing chat logs is a good starting point). If the list is long enough, it can be brought to cover the vast majority of inoffensive chat (I am talking about a list of sentences here - a whitelist of words will not do). "Provocative communication" votes which make it through this filter will have to be handled by WG staff. But if they expand the whitelist while working, their task will gradually get smaller.

 

The third negative vote option "unsporting conduct" is very hard to handle in this way. The best thing could be to remove it, since the trolls will just start using that when the other options don't suit their purpose.

 

Your second point clearly doesn't meet The criteria used by certain people in the game, and I have been downgraded by people for trying to exhort the idle, useless, camping, afk green team members to actually move and help teammates! Or even actually behave like a team, and not simply yolo.

If that is its whole meaning in life then I am guilty as charged!

Otherwise WG staff need to get of their (edited) high horses, look into the actual information and start out by handing out correct points to those who abuse the MH system, as well as removing those downgraded point that are incorrect!

 


 
Certified member, Save the Littlepard Foundation

MikkelTJ #18 Posted 04 June 2017 - 09:51 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 36962 battles
  • 319
  • [AFK]
  • Member since:
    06-20-2014

View Postllo1, on 04 June 2017 - 10:28 PM, said:

 

Your second point clearly doesn't meet The criteria used by certain people in the game, and I have been downgraded by people for trying to exhort the idle, useless, camping, afk green team members to actually move and help teammates! Or even actually behave like a team, and not simply yolo.

If that is its whole meaning in life then I am guilty as charged!

Otherwise WG staff need to get of their (edited) high horses, look into the actual information and start out by handing out correct points to those who abuse the MH system, as well as removing those downgraded point that are incorrect!

 

 

But that is the point is it not? The criteria used by some people when handing out these downvotes defy any logic or reasonability. I have gotten downvotes like the ones you describe, even when being extremely. How can "t28 pls go help team" be provocative? In the same way, I have been voted inactive in games where I scored highest in dmg and xp.

 

We need a system that will make it impossible for these people to abuse.

 

I like the idea of this system, but the player base in too immature for it in its current state.


Yay! HESH is back.:justwait:


Huwie_ #19 Posted 04 June 2017 - 10:29 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 36760 battles
  • 4,352
  • [AFK]
  • Member since:
    11-16-2014

I think it works ok. Yes you get the odd abuse here and there and I see these 'salty votes' as generally quite funny by now and I wear them with pride.. Its funny how some players know where downvote button is but not the fire button. 

Anyway, if you are collecting a lot of them then its probably because you are actually inactive in battle. Best way to get a more positive MH is to be more involved in the battle. 

Of course everyone has bad battles and get shot to bits at the start of the battle and you might get a downvote for this. But so what. 

Reality is that this system is harmless, the rating counts for nothing currently so why worry. 

 


Do not go gentle into that good night.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Hy! From Active Frontline Klan


Chairman_merpug #20 Posted 04 June 2017 - 11:13 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 36796 battles
  • 8,125
  • [AFK]
  • Member since:
    03-05-2013

View PostHuwie_, on 04 June 2017 - 10:29 PM, said:

I think it works ok. Yes you get the odd abuse here and there and I see these 'salty votes' as generally quite funny by now and I wear them with pride.. Its funny how some players know where downvote button is but not the fire button. 

Anyway, if you are collecting a lot of them then its probably because you are actually inactive in battle. Best way to get a more positive MH is to be more involved in the battle. 

Of course everyone has bad battles and get shot to bits at the start of the battle and you might get a downvote for this. But so what. 

Reality is that this system is harmless, the rating counts for nothing currently so why worry. 

 

What he said. I have five votes for being inactive. As someone who tends to be over hasty, and who hasn't played a turretless TD for ages, I know these are nonsense, so I don't care. I'm sure one of them was from an IS-5 who overstretched himself on Fort base C and allowed my T-20 to take his arse away whilst sitting in the nice sniping site on that raised bit. At least, he typed "******* camper T-20 noob" after I killed him. 


Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users