suggestion

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Pururut #1 Posted 02 June 2017 - 09:46 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 23693 battles
  • [1RTR_]

Since Wargaming has taken the path of making the game more complex with the revised equipment system, I  think it is high time they look at the repair prices and crew/module damage percentages based upon the armor design of the tank.Had the old equipment system in the play, it would have also encouraged a wider selection of equipment but I digress.

In the proposed new system, there will be three kinds of armor types;Riveted/Bolted, Welded and Cast. To keep it simple,

Riveted Armor=Higher chance of crew/module damage, lower tank repair costs

Welded Armor=Average chance of crew/module damage, average tank repair costs

Cast Armor=Lower chance of crew/module damage, higher tank repair costs

The revised system will add color and a little needed complexity into the game without taxing the player base with visible complexity.Constructions of all tanks weren't equal and I see no reason for them to have equal percentages for receiving module/crew damage or having repair prices solely dictated by Wargaming just because they say so.

To keep it simple I think it is better to discard the quality of work force, while the armor of a 1942 T-34/76 is not equal to a Pz IV F of the same year, it will be bad to make the game too complex.

All kinds of feedback and comments are appreciated.

Edited by Pururut, 02 June 2017 - 09:57 AM.

I am retired you hola vass!

Hippopotamaus #2 Posted 02 June 2017 - 10:14 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 19545 battles
  • [LAGER]
Hilarious - good effort!

Personally, I think you should go the whole hog.

My DW2 was welded - but the guy doing the welding was going through a messy divorce, drank a whole bottle of peach Schnapps on the Thursday night - and still had a massive hangover when he got to my tank on the Friday afternoon.

That's got to be -5% armour, surely?

Edited by Hippopotamaus, 02 June 2017 - 10:40 AM.

LordNibs9 #3 Posted 03 June 2017 - 11:28 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 10148 battles
  • [AFK]
I'd expect initially this would be a hit but I feel most people would end up doing whichever one turns out to be the best, so if it turns out riveted works the best in practice we'd end up seeing very little of the other choices 
Proud Member of IRMA :honoring:

jylpah #4 Posted 03 June 2017 - 12:47 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 20818 battles
  • [AFK]

Great idea! Other opportunity to add _much needed_ complexity is to vary ammo penetration per nation-nation pairs. For example, German AP shells could penetrate +10% better against Russian armor and -7% less to French armor, where as with prammo the differences could be opposite. On top of these, the penetration multiplier could be tier or even tank specific and subject to frequent changes in every update.

This change could be justified for example as "being an exciting change bringing new dynamics to the game".

minitelrose #5 Posted 04 June 2017 - 08:21 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 76333 battles
  • [AFK]

Excellent proposal.

we have main armor and spaced armor. Why wouldn't we have bolted, welded and cast armor ?

View PostPururut, on 02 June 2017 - 10:46 AM, said:

In the proposed new system, there will be three kinds of armor types;Riveted/Bolted, Welded and Cast. To keep it simple,

Riveted Armor=Higher chance of crew/module damage, lower tank repair costs

Welded Armor=Average chance of crew/module damage, average tank repair costs

Cast Armor=Lower chance of crew/module damage, higher tank repair costs

[...]

To keep it simple I think it is better to discard the quality of work force, while the armor of a 1942 T-34/76 is not equal to a Pz IV F of the same year, it will be bad to make the game too complex.

Russian armor were notoriously poorly made. They seemed to have sometimes used regular steel instead of rolled armored steel to satisfy with the demands of Stalin (that was better than visiting the gulag, the front, or a trial for treason, three things that could happen for mush less.

also the welding was so poorly done sometime you could see through the cracks between plates, and it would rain inside as well. 

Well ll overall it made a big difference when compared to the interleaved German armorplates. I don't know the English proper name but plates have fingers that go into each other before being welded.

last word though, the Russians were right eventually. The T-34 became the most produced tank ever, they outnumbered the Germans greatly and got the job done. 

"Quantity is a quality of its own" - Stalin

Edited by minitelrose, 04 June 2017 - 08:23 PM.

Read my guides there

"I want the game to be just how it was launched, no MM limitations for platoons, some unbalanced match once in a while, and friendly fire should come back as well. The only thing they should remove is statistics." -phony1907, 08 July 2016, 05:45pm - 

I want just that, and replay files.

minitelrose #6 Posted 04 June 2017 - 08:23 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 76333 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostLordNibs9, on 03 June 2017 - 12:28 PM, said:

I'd expect initially this would be a hit but I feel most people would end up doing whichever one turns out to be the best, so if it turns out riveted works the best in practice we'd end up seeing very little of the other choices 

it's not a choice, it's historical

and many tanks had welded hull and cast turret for instance.

Read my guides there

"I want the game to be just how it was launched, no MM limitations for platoons, some unbalanced match once in a while, and friendly fire should come back as well. The only thing they should remove is statistics." -phony1907, 08 July 2016, 05:45pm - 

I want just that, and replay files.

jonty_2014 #7 Posted 04 June 2017 - 10:05 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 69702 battles
  • [EMRS]
Nice idea, with historical merit and a logic all of its own.

Empros is recruiting! Message me in game to apply.

Also tagged with suggestion

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users