• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

reekoiler #21 Posted 05 June 2017 - 03:43 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 27479 battles
  • [FTC-1]

View Postsk8xtrm, on 05 June 2017 - 01:27 PM, said:

As far as I am concerned stats are irrelevant from the topic, I never talk about my stats in my videos (except one where I commented that I don’t talk about them haha) but I really really enjoy making the videos I do, I have a laugh doing it and I love sharing the results good or bad, I enjoy showing what I think a tank is good at and I enjoy showing my complete screw ups at the same time. I have a leo video on the channel where I died in a matter of seconds after getting shot at by a grille + a few other tanks but it is a nice example of my own screw up so I included it for giggles.  Basically what I am trying to get at is unless someone went looking for my stats or to look at my account etc etc then the video is taking by most people who view it by its face value and what is said/showing in the video.

Go for it, have fun, that is what it is all about at the end of the day. I didn’t and still don’t make videos for money or “fame” or whatever there are except quite simply I enjoy making them, sharing what I can and I enjoy having fun as part of the community talking about something we all actively enjoy playing. Truth be told I never expected to get many subs at all, I am still chuffed to bits and bemused that the channel has gone the way it has and I never expected it.  I cannot reply to all comments but I read every single one and reply to many of them as that is a huge part of the videos for me, its interacting with people.

My opinion is simply do what you are comfortable doing, if you having fun doing it and your enjoying sharing it with others who have a passion in the same game then you’re doing it right regardless of the views! Relax and have fun with it!  You will without a doubt get trolls, haters and keyboard warriors because…it’s the internet! I found it hard to ignore them at first and would end up biting, then I went through a stage of deleting the comments, now I just have fun with them:

*credit goes to Ben from The Beard Guys for giving me the response

Short hand answer to all the above is go for it and do it for you and for the fun because you want to and no other reason.

Well, if it IS for fun, then fine, but Sk8, while it is true you don't go on about your stats and I am sure it is also true that you have a blast with your channel, the fact is, no one will watch a weak player's footage because why would they?   There is plenty of unwatchable rubbish on YT and no need to add to it.   Erwin needs an angle.   Maybe he's funny or an exceptionally skilful editor.   In that case, cool. If he doesn't have an edge somewhere, what is the point?

Jakovlev_BHBP #22 Posted 05 June 2017 - 03:47 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 51627 battles
  • [R-2-K]
Yeah, do it, everybody below 3000 wn8 should make a yt channel :)

Samsung Tab s 8.4 #30fps

Cancracker #23 Posted 06 June 2017 - 01:10 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 58776 battles
  • [COBRA]

View PostHuwie_, on 04 June 2017 - 04:46 PM, said:

Can you start a YT channel? 

The question that needs to be asked first is whether it will be successful or fun. I have my doubts it will be any of them. So I keep to screenshots for the time being.

View PostJakovlev9, on 05 June 2017 - 03:47 PM, said:

Yeah, do it, everybody below 3000 wn8 should make a yt channel :)

OMG, what a sacrilege, players below 50% having YT channels. Is it a privilege reserved to unicums? The same must go for RNG and good team mates, right?

"X 5 weekend, 10 games 9 losses ...
Some seals will be getting sooooo clubbed in the next couple of weeks."
                                                                                                             jonty_2014

Also tagged with YT, Youtube

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users