GuP Event - One for the newbies

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Precariat #1 Posted 06 June 2017 - 09:31 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 15257 battles
  • [B-B-B]

Finally an event that new players can complete, relatively painlessly.

There seems little reason to do this at tier higher than II/III (possible with even tier I depending on mission rewards). You get just over 1k banners for a win and around 25% of that for a loss. By my estimate if you average 18 battles per day and have a WR of 50% or better you will complete this in the time limit. I try to do the missions (tier II-IV) each day anyway as they aren't too awful at these tiers and I'm already at stage IV (I did pay 1 gold to complete that stage).

Complete this and you will have a new tank at tiers IV-VI (fully unlocked? Save for equipment and I still run around with only the basic slots unlocked on most of my tanks at tiers -IV. Even got around 40k spare parts in the bank.

I forced my missions to tier III by playing 10 tier III battles but that only means completing that grind even quicker as I get over 2k cases for the 3 missions, with just over 10k cases to get.

When you can't walk, you crawl and when you can't crawl anymore somebody will carry you

Pururut #2 Posted 06 June 2017 - 10:34 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 23179 battles
  • [1RTR_]

At stage v with anko, v with hetzer and vi with Kuromorimine

This is the problem, it is too easy.It hasnt been two complete days and the grind is about to finish.Make people choose, add mission requirement for all of them.I dont understand why people are happy when they dont even feel a sense of accomplishment to get an award, it is literally thrown at them.

Another thing to add, banners.Appereantly scoring 800 damage in T2 Light brings the same amount of banners as doing 4000 damage in a AMX 50 100.Hopefully wargaming can set a balance in the upcoming events now that they are also experimenting with making stuff easy. 

Edited by Pururut, 06 June 2017 - 10:35 AM.

Pururuts Guide to Hentai for Initiatives Day 1

Vanilla: 274162, 242544, 174036, 250401 Lewd: 239976

Precariat #3 Posted 06 June 2017 - 10:55 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 15257 battles
  • [B-B-B]

View PostPururut, on 06 June 2017 - 10:34 AM, said:

At stage v with anko, v with hetzer and vi with Kuromorimine

This is the problem, it is too easy.It hasnt been two complete days and the grind is about to finish.Make people choose, add mission requirement for all of them.I dont understand why people are happy when they dont even feel a sense of accomplishment to get an award, it is literally thrown at them.

Another thing to add, banners.Appereantly scoring 800 damage in T2 Light brings the same amount of banners as doing 4000 damage in a AMX 50 100.Hopefully wargaming can set a balance in the upcoming events now that they are also experimenting with making stuff easy. 

It's set by tier level only afaik. It's the same for me regardless of performance. And the difference between tier II & IV was tiny. It is possible they just wanted to toss players a bone after equipment / military honour.

Nice for new players, I expect most of you "old timers" only need the Hetzer. First event where I could actually grind towards completion, I just took the rewards from the others (boosters etc.)

If you have the other two tanks and complete it do you get at least a free garage?

When you can't walk, you crawl and when you can't crawl anymore somebody will carry you

Chairman_merpug #4 Posted 06 June 2017 - 12:24 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 42209 battles
  • [AFK]
Tanks come with garage slots, so happy to have the extra.

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

Winston_Smith84 #5 Posted 06 June 2017 - 12:35 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 38728 battles
  • [BRIT6]
For any newbies, before jumping in your brand new Anko and Kuro - put alot of time in first the pz iv d, dw2 and vk30.01h. They are good training tanks for the german style of medium and heavy tank play at tier v and vi. Otherwise your doing yourself and your team a disservice.

albin747 #6 Posted 06 June 2017 - 04:59 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 13770 battles

View PostBirdistheword15, on 06 June 2017 - 01:35 PM, said:

For any newbies, before jumping in your brand new Anko and Kuro - put alot of time in first the pz iv d, dw2 and vk30.01h. They are good training tanks for the german style of medium and heavy tank play at tier v and vi. Otherwise your doing yourself and your team a disservice.

The pz IV d and dw2 I can agree with, but the VK 30.01h plays differently compared to the kuro. While the kuro actually gets a relevant armor profile for t6 (with a bit of angling) the t5 VK is more of a second line supporter with its relatively good gun at t5. The VK doesn't have nearly as good armor tier for tier.

Tijgerhaai_XIV #7 Posted 06 June 2017 - 05:17 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 10470 battles
  • [ALBA]

The VK does sidescrape well (if I remember correctly) and it does teach you to try and get the most out of the armour - the fact that it is not that thick only makes the lessons more challenging. If you can make the armour work for you in a VK, you should have little issues with those at higher tiers. 

That's my theory anyway :) Just bought Tiger (P) and Tiger I, and as I did pretty good (relatively for me) in the VK, I'll find out I suppose once I get them kitted out.

Blue_Snail #8 Posted 06 June 2017 - 10:49 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 4519 battles
  • [ALBAB]

Wow !   I really lucked out by coming to Blitz at this time.

I missed out on the crushing equipment nerf.

Been here a month, and I am given 3 decent tanks.

The other misc goodies will help, also.

Fortunately, have the experience of years in WoT, so I can handle these tanks well.

_NormanP_ #9 Posted 07 June 2017 - 05:04 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 30966 battles
  • [ALBA]

I reached the dizzy heights of the Anko, again.

I have had this tank previously but during my momentous noob fest (pre clan)

Reached the tank and I have all my old xp and stats back for it.

I kind of like the tank, it's not a world beater but can help a team and make a significant difference if played second line.

The result? First battle, no equipment stages added, three kills!

One thing though, turn the sound off when playing!! Unless you like Hentai commentary.

ALBA - Carry harder

Play for team, play hard

Everyone started out as a Noob, just taking me longer to grow up :)

philholt101b #10 Posted 15 June 2017 - 05:31 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 5168 battles
  • [ALBA]

View Post_NormanP_, on 07 June 2017 - 05:04 AM, said:

I reached the dizzy heights of the Anko, again.

I have had this tank previously but during my momentous noob fest (pre clan)

Reached the tank and I have all my old xp and stats back for it.

I kind of like the tank, it's not a world beater but can help a team and make a significant difference if played second line.

The result? First battle, no equipment stages added, three kills!

One thing though, turn the sound off when playing!! Unless you like Hentai commentary.

Couldn't agree more pal with the sound I got told to turn it offAlready got kuro so went for anko and likening it so far 4 kills first battle shows promise. But and it's a big but since the gup competition so many noobs at t5 and 6 lol

Broadsword_ #11 Posted 15 June 2017 - 07:33 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 37351 battles
  • [1RTR_]

In my humble opinion the only tank that stands out is the KMM. A tiger armour at tier 6 is something to appreciate.

None of the Gup tanks are fabulous credit earners unfortunately

Regards

Broadsword

In war it is the man that counts, and not only the machine. A good tank is useless unless the team inside it are well trained, and the men in the team have stout hearts and enthusiasm for the fight. Montgomery Nov 1944

philholt101b #12 Posted 15 June 2017 - 08:49 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 5168 battles
  • [ALBA]

View PostBroadsword_, on 15 June 2017 - 07:33 PM, said:

In my humble opinion the only tank that stands out is the KMM. A tiger armour at tier 6 is something to appreciate.

None of the Gup tanks are fabulous credit earners unfortunately

Regards

Broadsword

Love the kuro but for some reason I'm better in tiger 1 even with the shorter 88 took far longer to get used to the kuro even after tiger 1. Still not great stats in it but then playing is more fun than worrying about stats lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users