gameplay French tank autoloader game mechanics French AMX 50 B

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Omnidroide #1 Posted 13 June 2017 - 11:25 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 11538 battles
  • [ALBA]

Hello everyone, i would like to introduce my issue or struggle with the tier X french Heavy tank AMX 50 B.

Now i won't talk about the tank line to much, for almost everyone agrees its average yet well armored in low tiers, very dangerous in tier 5 and 6, totally forgettable in tier 7, and starts to be complicated beyond that.

Tier 8 AMX 50 100, combines mobility, hight deal of pain with its 4 shell clip, low armored, much Life points, if you handle your reload time, and play well with your team, you should do miracles sometimes...

Tier 9 AMX 50 120, incredibly mobile and so paper thin, what i regret is the near same reload time and one less shell, to me that is where things go tough for such big explosive target... but as long as it faces tier 9 and is supported, its possible to do brilliant actions.

Comes the AMX 50 B... first thing i noticed, since latest update, is that if you enjoy clip game play, well you probably should have take 57 heavy... because right now, 57 is better in many aspects, most concerns its gun, sure 3 shells per magazines, but shorter reload time, slightly better aim, damages tiny better witch for me that try hard to use my shots the most effectively is the prime stats  since i know i cant frontline with these.

Now ill might not be too good with 50B, but first, where is its ramming move? because it seriously could help when you have such reload time...

Second, 3 shells per clip in tier X? Ok but its stats are merely the same than the 50 120... whats the point to go there then?

3rd, 3.3 seconds between shells? not any more 2.5 witch was the only advantage it has compared to 57 when we talk about gun aspect...

Will it be buffed a bit? Its not because it had 2100 Hit point that its working well, my biggest struggle is when i have to face a tier X medium in duel, mobility cant get me out of it, 3 shells with some that fail to pen don't help either, and Russians mediums rate of fire is enough to kill me as soon as i try to run away when i reload... Frustrating to play like a support tank when everyone below 1100 life point should fear you...

Any experience to share?  Will there be some changes? Should i simply git gud and try harder?  How do you do with yours?                                     Thanks in advance for the time spent here :).

DeputyDawg_1 #2 Posted 13 June 2017 - 11:45 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 11851 battles
  • [LNDN]

The AMX 50 120 is a great tank. I love it but it hovers around the 52% win rate and I can't improve that. I've found that "bang, bang, bang, hide" works for me. It's deadly against tier 8 and 9 opponents if you can get three shots in quick succession. You have to pick your spots so it's a great back up tank and I usually try to accompany a heavy or two so I get time to reload.

I didn't like the 50B at all. The gun is only marginally better than the 50 120, if at all. 

Edited by DeputyDawg_1, 13 June 2017 - 11:46 AM.

Next comes the dip........ watch this space.

Omnidroide #3 Posted 13 June 2017 - 11:51 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 11538 battles
  • [ALBA]
Agree DeputyDawg_1, my win rate is the same, but i don't platoon enough ... tier 9 is brutal with 50 120, i enjoyed it, and though 50B would be a monster as it is in world of tanks PC, but got frustrated and sad... Yes cheapest Tier X... still cost 6.100.000 credits tho... Should be worth the grind, i try hard to play it like its meant to be played but the 3 shots lets you hit 2 times by a medium, where he should only have time to shoot once, cant say its unfair, until you reload and he keep shooting at you...

cervena_karkulka #4 Posted 13 June 2017 - 12:30 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 21434 battles
  • [PINK_]

tier 9 and 10 are perfectly fine. 50B with 2,5s between shells was way too strong, there was no reason to play T57.

now with 3,33s delay between shots they are finally quite comparable but i still prefer 50B over 57- because its mobility and gun depression. armor is irrelevant on both (50B hull armor in hull down position is impenetrable, but only this way), gun capabilities are identical.  

Omnidroide #5 Posted 13 June 2017 - 12:43 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 11538 battles
  • [ALBA]

I mostly agree with you cervena_karkulka, its really strong when in good situations but hose 3.33 seconds i don't agree of still.

Made me lose to much opportunities of victory or simply of hit.

You should be able to do something against a medium, to many times i was take down or couldn't help my team  because that pesky 3rd shot would never come and i could not fall back either...

T57 gameplay seems more based on hiding and hit with its lower profile, when 50B has some medium blood in it... So obviously have to adapt to it, but still, when i made my way to tier X i expected it to be a little more aggressive for such a tank.

So i keep pushing with 50B but maybe im doing it wrong...

Sir_Bobby #6 Posted 13 June 2017 - 01:03 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 49481 battles
  • [49DIV]

Agree with CK that the 9 and 10 are fine.  Such a relief to finally get the gun depression back when you get to the 50B.  Hated the 50 100 - too long between shells I think, gun handling not good enough and the DPM is horrible.

But unlike the OP I loved the tier 7 M4, best in the line IMHO.

Omnidroide #7 Posted 13 June 2017 - 01:30 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 11538 battles
  • [ALBA]

Maybe i don't have enough experience in it, but yeah gun depression is very good for 50B's size, but is it right  to play it like a big medium? Or i should play more hide and seek? i kinda knew it can't be very efficient alone, it was never a duelist, but still feels very tight when you end up alone and your fellow teammates have died before you...

I try to maximize the amount of damage dealt, leading meat to around 2000 damage per battles, but that is the most i can do, still feeling like a Conqueror, playing support for i have so little armor.

ninererollfive #8 Posted 13 June 2017 - 01:45 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 250 battles

First of we have to admit that T57 is trash.

Second, only reason why 50B came out with 2.5 S is so that at least somebody would grind it. And even spend money, after they drained this cash cow they nerfed it to doo-doo level. 

Typical WG, if you don't like the stats, add 0.3 to reload and monitor the difference but no, "F$%^ IT!" + ALMOST 1 SECOND to reload. That's like putting a 9mm to brain and letting it rip. 

+Edit

This line is dead. Get ARL and forget about buying next tier tanks. 

Edited by ninererollfive, 13 June 2017 - 01:47 PM.

eliasdepelias #9 Posted 13 June 2017 - 01:47 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 32616 battles
  • [EMRS]
I cant play it anymore. Its probably still kinda OK and balanced, difference is just to big. I die while waiting for my second and third shot.

Omnidroide #10 Posted 13 June 2017 - 01:56 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 11538 battles
  • [ALBA]

Elias i feel that exact same way, and wonder how to compensate that awful reload time, have to manage it, its like KV-2, once used to it, its a rekt machine.

But 50B is not an artillery mounted in a heavy tank, its supposed to be a quick shooter fast withdraw and king rammer.

I don't see that in game yet, and to me even if it sounds unfair, 212k experience is to low for such a tank... Almost like it reflects its capabilities, when it can do so much more.

Maybe not in my hands yet, but just wish the risks i take would reward me more when i do my moves, works with good players on my side and the right combination, impossible with TDs, i cover them then.

Impossible alone at all, and cant say i can go with other heavies, they have armor when im lucky to bounce a shot.

IrmaBecx #11 Posted 13 June 2017 - 04:22 PM

First Sergeant

• Community Contributor
  • 17478 battles
  • [IRMA]

I still think the AMX 50 100 is a great tank, easily the most interesting in the French line. The four shot autoloader makes it unique, and gives you more gameplay options than other autoloaders do. It is extremely challenging to drive, I'll admit, but it's also one of those tanks where successful gameplay can have a huge impact, leading to some fantastic games. High ceiling, high risk, high reward.

But yeah, that is more or less agreeing with many criticisms against it.

As so often, the problem here is other players. The reason you can't buff the French autoloaders is the same reason you can't seem to ace your T-54 or Object 140; there are players out there who manage to realise those high ceilings, and in their hands they would be too powerful.

One of the reasons I was so adamant the NGL were fine the way they were was I didn't have enough experience to really understand this. In retrospect, I have to agree some of the lower tiers were too powerful, and they would have become massive sealclubbers, upsetting lower tier balance. (Well, what little "balance" there is in the chaos of the lower tiers.)

I do however still maintain the Littlepard was fine, it's still fine, it's going to remain fine, and I was right about that all along.   :)

"Save The Littlepard" Foundation Forever!

https://twitter.com/IrmaBecx

Wat? OMG! IrmaDrivesTanks on Youtube!

"Allez, bande de singes! Vous voulez vivre pour l'éternité?" - Ferdinand Foch, 8 Sep. 1914

Winters_2014 #12 Posted 13 June 2017 - 04:44 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 9579 battles
  • [SPRTA]
50 100 is a hard tank because of the 4 shots, the 50 120 does the same burst damage but in a shot less making it more effective. The GD makes it easier to drive as well. The 50B isn't a huge upgrade but eh, good enough, but they might have put the reload to 3ish.

Proud member of SPARTA-phalanx!!!

https://www.youtube....mEKPx_G42XzDOlg

Supers_JC #13 Posted 13 June 2017 - 04:51 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 14032 battles
  • [CHAI]
WG bs to make 50B have much longer reload time. How the hell this tank can play with 3.33 reload time, others will just shoot HE to you.

Omnidroide #14 Posted 13 June 2017 - 05:06 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 11538 battles
  • [ALBA]
i agree with Supers_JC, if we don't get the 4 shot clip like in WOT PC, at least make the reload time possible to handle,3.00 rather than 3.33 would make a difference, could deal all damage in 9 secs, not 11, where you get shot twice by a medium, how do you want to do the  health trade well if you loose as much as you inflict?:(...

jakobrygaard #15 Posted 13 June 2017 - 05:41 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 16911 battles
  • [-OD-]

View PostOmnidroide, on 13 June 2017 - 05:06 PM, said:

i agree with Supers_JC, if we don't get the 4 shot clip like in WOT PC, at least make the reload time possible to handle,3.00 rather than 3.33 would make a difference, could deal all damage in 9 secs, not 11, where you get shot twice by a medium, how do you want to do the  health trade well if you loose as much as you inflict?:(...

Your math is way off :)

You do all your damage in 6.66 seconds (theoretically at least)..

You are not supposed to health trade in the tank tho, unless.. conditions.. :) To be fair, I haven't touched the 120 since the update, think the 3.33 is too steep too - 3 would be reasonable - or give it an extra round like you mentioned..

Omnidroide #16 Posted 13 June 2017 - 08:50 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 11538 battles
  • [ALBA]

Sorry forgot the first shot that is free after the 22 second reload... strange tho, 22 seconds is what 50 100 needs for 4 shells... i asked wargaming, through the customer service and they said, "ask in forum, we aren't the developers" :confused:

witch is true but... the secund gun on 50 120 is exactly the same as on the 50 100, reloads in 21 secs, but has one less shell... wonder why lol if its too strong in tier 9.. why not tier 10? that's what i thought...

niohnet #17 Posted 14 June 2017 - 07:29 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 20395 battles
  • [NIOH]
AMX series is not struggling according to me. Those are very good tanks.  

ninererollfive #18 Posted 14 June 2017 - 08:47 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 250 battles

View Postniohnet, on 14 June 2017 - 07:29 AM, said:

AMX series is not struggling according to me. Those are very good tanks.  

Mate according to you... SHHH....tranquilo 905, tranquilo :trollface:

Noaharanha2003 #19 Posted 19 June 2017 - 08:17 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 16605 battles
  • [ALBAC]
I find the tank can still do well with the longer shell reload times. I too would like it to go back to 2.5 but im not as mad now about the nerf. I often get games of 4k dmg and im loving a lot still. The T57 has worse depression and mobility. Again, stats dont just mean the tank is worse than the T57. The best tactic in it will be to not take the shots from enemies. When they are out of cover, dont let them hit you. Once theyve fired at an ally go out and put your shots into them. Also use your allies as a 'shield'. When theyve taken the shot from an enemy, go out and unload into the enemy. It has good accuracy so you can hit your shots

Omnidroide #20 Posted 19 June 2017 - 08:22 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 11538 battles
  • [ALBA]
I kinda agree, now i just tried harder, still feel bad with meds, but with a team mate on my side and others to take shots, its not so bad, specially with the calibrated shells, pens better with standard ammo.
I shall keep trying hard and git gud :p

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users