My take on Good clans and one that is beyond rude.

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

VonPottypoop #1 Posted 15 June 2017 - 06:00 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 21873 battles
  • [FTC-1]

In my relatively short time on Blitz myself and my clan members discuss when we meet decent friendly clans and some that are unfriendly.

I have had some good chats with many members from AFK who set the bar in my eyes on just how a clan should communicate. Good in game advice and willing to give praise if you have done well. Even when I come unstuck by repeating the same silly mistakes I have asked players advice on why I went wrong and more than often get a more than welcome response. This is not just limited to AFK but IRMA,1RTR and Alba are very good role models for any clan in the game ( I know there are more but these English speaking clans stand out for me).

Now myself and a few in my clan have come across an unnamed famous clan which post on here from Spain to be all of the opposite of the above. We have faced them in Tournament and lost and myself and the Deputy's have messaged them to say good luck but had insults then thrown at us.

The same said clan must get mentioned twice monthly about their in game behaviour on how rude they are and how they lord it in the game, they get noticed because we haven't forgotten your behaviour in tournament. But twice this week I have come across this clan and their in game insults are appalling. Even if the team wins 1-7 everybody hasn't done exactly what the Spanish clan member said.

In tournament our second team put a team of tier 9 in the old system and met a German team in all tier 10. Result 7-0 to them. We got a message from them and our team told them we only had tier 9 and so the Germans fielded a team of tier 9 too. We clawed one game back but the Germans stuck to tier 9 even though they could have bullied us and with the greatest respect beat us and then went on all the way to win the final. Good of them and they got the respect from us as they truly had deserved it.

All I am saying is, been a top Clan comes with great team play, a friendly  way in which to communicate and an aura created that everyone looks upto and says now they are a perfect clan. Unfortunately that famous clan from Spain may be brilliant in battle but they have a very very long way to become a good clan before they can even come near the above mentioned clans.

Edited by VonPottypoop, 24 September 2017 - 03:50 PM.

​Very proud leader of the Fun-Tan-Clan 

RRBuilderYT #2 Posted 15 June 2017 - 06:46 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 12267 battles
  • [ALBAC]
A great example of the difference between unicum clans there is the chill type ALBA, IRMA AFK ect ect ect that are nice and i have the privilege of knowing a few members :P but there are clans that i wont mention that are a pain in the *insert more extreme way of saying butt* and that have to respect whatsoever !

"Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” -George Carlin    my server: https://discord.gg/5HngsZB

Broadsword_ #3 Posted 15 June 2017 - 06:55 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 37351 battles
  • [1RTR_]

We are honoured and humbled in your recommendation of our little Clan.

At 1RTR we are not a clan, we are nothing more than a group of friends enjoying ourselves. We endeavour to treat our fellow player's as we ourselves would like to be treated. After all it's just a game... not a lifestyle!

Warmest regards

Broadsword

Edited by Broadsword_, 15 June 2017 - 07:28 PM.

In war it is the man that counts, and not only the machine. A good tank is useless unless the team inside it are well trained, and the men in the team have stout hearts and enthusiasm for the fight. Montgomery Nov 1944

philholt101b #4 Posted 15 June 2017 - 09:01 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 5168 battles
  • [ALBA]

Totally agree with Broadsword and everything that's been said by RRbuilder and vontypop. Thanks for the kind words about Alba we don't take ourselves too seriously and yes if I've had a game where somebody has played well I messsage them and say well played some (like broadsword) answer we have a chat it's what blitz should be about. 

Good tanking all

_NormanP_ #5 Posted 16 June 2017 - 05:40 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 31115 battles
  • [ALBA]

I'm humbled that we have been grouped with clans such as AFK, IRMA and 1RTR for our attitude and appreciate your kind words.

Like most of them we play to have fun, of course we like to win but, improving is our main aim. We all started as noobs (I still consider myself as one when I see some of my clan in battle) If we can help with constructive advice we will offer it.

As Broadsword has said it's a game, not a lifestyle even though some think they are above being killed by others (hearing them whine is hilarious)

ALBA - Carry harder

Play for team, play hard

Everyone started out as a Noob, just taking me longer to grow up :)

Skullcandy #6 Posted 16 June 2017 - 07:44 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 22744 battles
  • [1RTR]

Good day to you, sir.

I thank you for mentioning 1RTR.

We don't really see ourselves as a clan, but more of a little gaming family, we are friends first, gamers second. It's important that we have fun and that everybody treats others with the same level of respect that you want to be treated with, because respect is earned, not given.

I agree that AFK, IRMA and ALBA are in the same boat. There are of course some other clans in the same boat too, such as OLD, for example, which some of us have joked before is "1RTR's unofficial retirement home".

It is a shame there are some clans out there that are recognised as being unclassy. I believe I know the Spanish clan you are speaking of there. However the above mentioned clans are setting an example to others in this game and are looked up to by many. Even if just one person in every five games is inspired by and looks up to them as an example, it makes a difference.

May all your battles be victories. Unless you're on the reds. :teethhappy:

Keep calm and stay classy! :honoring:

Leader of 1RTR. | 1RTR on Discord "Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." – Winston Churchill

Chairman_merpug #7 Posted 16 June 2017 - 08:24 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 48985 battles
  • [AFK]
We're all noobs

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

VonPottypoop #8 Posted 16 June 2017 - 12:54 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 21873 battles
  • [FTC-1]

View Postmrpgilbert, on 16 June 2017 - 08:24 AM, said:

We're all noobs

There is some truth in that. Sometimes game fatigue can play a big factor and knowing when your good luck has run out.

We all make mistakes at some point or the control of your team are out of our hands but some factors are not your fault and are out of your hands, here's one that I can highlight ,You have a team made up of Mediums, lights and you are the only KV3 the only ultra slow heavy. Your whole team shoot off in one large bunch and no one has the sense to say lights spot rest stay as a group and give the heavy support until he gets to the frontline, next thing you know their meds have traversed the battlefield 180o and your team have done the same and you are well and truly stuck with 4 tanks taking liberties because you are caught at the back trying to crawl against 4 Usaine Bolts running a mock, you hit the help button but before your team reads the message the dull yank is screaming GET OUT.

The post is not pointing out who is a noob and who isn't but rather a Cavalier attitude by a certain clan that seems to think that lording it is clearly acceptable, this is however of no surprise as the clan leader comes on here and behaves in a totally contemptible manner parading his superiority complex and try's to make all others feel like we are something brown he has just stood in.

We as a clan as I say haven't forgot them and we have never had as many other clan members insult anybody to even a degree that they have been noticed 

We as a custom always offer the winning team in tournaments our best wishes and losing teams best wishes for their next tournament.

I am not going to say that this behaviour is been polarised as a Spanish thing as my good friend Carlos in my clan is the most supportive and friendly guy you could wish to meet..hell he even asked me and the family if we wanted to go out to Madrid to stay with them.

I know the problem laments from the clan leader and I know that when he sees these posts on here he will probably not bat an eyelid but rather be brimming with pride that his vile clan get talked about for all the wrong reasons when they are really that good and aud to be a beacon for other clans to emulate for the right reasons.

Edited by VonPottypoop, 16 June 2017 - 01:03 PM.

​Very proud leader of the Fun-Tan-Clan 

Psychovadge #9 Posted 20 June 2017 - 07:20 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 47849 battles
  • [VG]
I've had the same thing with them on many occasions and a certain Hungarian clan too (I'm of Hungarian extraction myself so pretty disappointed by them). Two of the worst offenders. But mehhhh it's just a game and sometimes those morons turn out to be decent guys when you get chatting to them. The best response to these guys (with thanks to Penix) is....."nobody cares"

Gentleman_l8astard #10 Posted 20 June 2017 - 08:25 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 10814 battles
  • [ALBA]

View PostVonPottypoop, on 15 June 2017 - 07:00 PM, said:

In my relatively short time on Blitz myself and my clan members discuss when we meet decent friendly clans and some that are unfriendly.

I have had some good chats with many members from AFK who set the bar in my eyes on just how a clan should communicate. Good in game advice and willing to give praise if you have done well. Even when I come unstuck by repeating the same silly mistakes I have asked players advice on why I went wrong and more than often get a more than welcome response. This is not just limited to AFK but IRMA,1RTR and Alba are very good role models for any clan in the game ( I know there are more but these English speaking clans stand out for me).

Now myself and a few in my clan have come across an unnamed famous clan which post on here from Spain to be all of the opposite of the above. We have faced them in Tournament and lost and myself and the Deputy's have messaged them to say good luck but had insults then thrown at us.

The same said clan must get mentioned twice monthly about their in game behaviour on how rude they are and how they lord it in the game, they get noticed because we haven't forgotten your behaviour in tournament. But twice this week I have come across this clan and their in game insults are appalling. Even if the team wins 1-7 everybody hasn't done exactly what the Spanish clan member said.

In tournament our second team put a team of tier 8 in the old system and met a German team in all tier 10. Result 7-0 to them. We got a message from them and our team told them we only had tier 8 and so the Germans fielded a team of tier 8 too. We clawed one game back but the Germans stuck to tier 8 even though they could have bullied us and with the greatest respect beat us and then went on all the way to win the final. Good of them and they got the respect from us as they truly had deserved it.

All I am saying is, been a top Clan comes with great team play, a friendly  way in which to communicate and an aura created that everyone looks upto and says now they are a perfect clan. Unfortunately that famous clan from Spain may be brilliant in battle but they have a very very long way to become a good clan before they can even come near the above mentioned clans.

From my perspective:

ALBA is a great clan.  It's not the snotty "I am better than you" group in that we want players that are active and willing to be a part of a community.  I am happy to be be a part of a group that is in such a short list.

IMO we need Clans that are less focused on WR and WN8, but more on sharing the meta game knowledge and making the game more enjoyable for all of us (0-7 and 7-0 games ring a bell?).  I thank you on behalf of our members.  We do our best!

The_Lone_Hunterz #11 Posted 20 June 2017 - 09:23 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 27793 battles

At AFK/IRMA we will always strive to be a clan that lets people come together to spend their time in an enjoyable way, and survive independent of the game because you can grow into a group of friends within a clan. 

It's good to see some clans are like us, maybe be even better.

So I salute you vonPoppypoop, for a great topic

Current Lead for the AFK clan, Irmalite, Comet enthusiast and proud owner of the one and only HMS Immobile

First person to trademark a banhammer: TheBanHammer™

Blue_Snail #12 Posted 30 June 2017 - 06:28 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 4519 battles
  • [ALBAB]

Well, I was pleasantly surprised that we have a reputation as a "nice" clan.

On day one in Blitz, I simply looked on the Forum and sent a PM to someone who seemed to have a balanced, reasonable view.  I told him who I was and what I was looking for in a clan.  I was lucky and got into a clan suited to me by the end of my first day in Blitz..

So I guess the same principle holds true here.  Its pretty easy to identify the intelligent, reasonable people based on their posts.  I tend to assume they belong to clans they are comfortable in.  I will periodically send a "Hello" PM to someone I think I would like.

Funny story from WoT.  The #1 clan in the world is FAME.  A few of them are nice, but mostly, they have a reputation for arrogance.  There is a price they pay.  If ever a FAME person shows up in a random battle, they are automatically targeted by everyone else.  Kind of tough, working so hard to become so good, only to find you have a big "bull's eye" painted on you.

icedpenguin #13 Posted 02 July 2017 - 07:21 AM

Private

• Player
  • 21821 battles
  • [HFORC]

Hello from HELL, 

Having undertaken the rather unpleasant, unpopular but very necessary take over of HELL, myself and deputy Tracklever found solice in the comforting arms of ALBA! ( metaphorically speaking!). Ian gave us support and sage advice on stabilising the clan. We were also invited onto their discord server to meet the guys and gals, see how they roll and copy their format.

We were made to feel most welcome. This is a marked difference to the reported obtuseness of some other clans. I hope to make the acquaintance of the other aforementioned clans, such as AFK etc; good work and forge the way ahead in great clan relations! Top drawer , chaps!

Blue_Snail #14 Posted 03 July 2017 - 07:49 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 4519 battles
  • [ALBAB]

I recently met a good guy, CradleOfDeath.

He noticed me in battle, and reached out.  We have been exchanging PM's, along with some platooning.

He just joined [49DIV].  Knowing Death, my guess is that they will be a nice clan, also.

RollingSwarm #15 Posted 24 September 2017 - 03:43 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 43361 battles
  • [SW4RM]

Don’t think competitive and nice can go hand in hand :/ ...

Doesnt excuse a lack of professionalism though.

Somewhere between Rage & Serenity'

THE_SOUL_TAKER #16 Posted 12 November 2017 - 09:38 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 15840 battles
  • [CYMRU]
Nice to see some players are good don't bother with _EFF_ such a self centred bunch of rude players

Chairman_merpug #17 Posted 13 November 2017 - 12:09 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 48985 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostTHE_SOUL_TAKER, on 12 November 2017 - 09:38 AM, said:

Nice to see some players are good don't bother with _EFF_ such a self centred bunch of rude players

Never heard of them, myself.

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users