BlitzHangar.com – Hidden stats, 3D models and more!

stats update armor models ratings compare 3d viewer

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

Brawling_Bomber #21 Posted 20 July 2017 - 10:02 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 47197 battles
  • [VG]

View PostIrmaBecx, on 20 July 2017 - 09:17 AM, said:

I have the T1E6 on the press account, but I can't remember where it came from. Did it use to be a gift tank?

I have never heard of it - I thought it may be an up coming gift tank ??

Precariat #22 Posted 20 July 2017 - 10:05 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 19532 battles
  • [B-B-B]

Observation on the tier III Pz.IVa

It seems to be unsuitable for all the types of tactics :confused:

When you can't walk, you crawl and when you can't crawl anymore somebody will carry you

IrmaBecx #23 Posted 20 July 2017 - 10:12 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 34485 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostWarren5, on 20 July 2017 - 12:02 PM, said:

think it's been on the press acc ever since I've had it - about a year or so, but I don't pay a lot of attention to tier II Premiums... 

https://twitter.com/IrmaBecx

Wat? OMG! IrmaDrivesTanks on Youtube!

The IrmaBecx School of Tank Philosophy

"Allez, bande de singes! Vous voulez vivre pour l'éternité?" - Ferdinand Foch, 8 Sep. 1914

lltwox #24 Posted 20 July 2017 - 10:19 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 252 battles

View PostWarren5, on 20 July 2017 - 10:02 AM, said:

I did little search on it and it seems that it was in the game since 2015, but never used. Developers keeping it for the future.

View PostPrecariat, on 20 July 2017 - 10:05 AM, said:

It's not a comprehensive list of all possible tactics, so there are more ways to play the tank :)

Looking at tank's parameters it seems like it's average pretty much in everything. Not good enough armor, not mobile enough, poor dpm, long aiming time, bad dispersion. Just high one-shot damage. Any ideas what tactics is good for it?

View PostTitus_Scato, on 20 July 2017

Tips: Don't shoot while moving, stop to shoot.  Don't shoot at moving targets unless very close.  Use the -10 degrees of gun depression if you can, use those slopes.  Try to stay in hard cover while reloading.  Use your teammates as meat shields, try to save your full hitpoints until near the end of the game.

Seems like a general tactic for every possible tank.

Little update

• Traverse speed was off a lot. Fixed now. Traverse speed on hard terrain should match traverse speed seen in game client.
  • Added "Burst Damage" — how much damage tank with autoloader can deal in one clip.

BlitzHangar.com – knowledge database for WoT Blitz. Tanks stats, equipment, provisions, 3D armor and more

Brawling_Bomber #25 Posted 20 July 2017 - 10:35 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 47197 battles
  • [VG]

View Postlltwox, on 20 July 2017 - 10:19 AM, said:

I did little search on it and it seems that it was in the game since 2015, but never used. Developers keeping it for the future.

I hope they do release it - was watching some youtube vids about it and it looks like a great little tank

Titus_Scato #26 Posted 20 July 2017 - 11:11 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 42260 battles

View PostPrecariat, on 20 July 2017 - 10:05 AM, said:

The earliest Panzer IV, the Ausf A was designed to be a support tank, lobbing in shells from long range.  Bear that in mind.  Don't go up front even when top tier.

Tips: Don't shoot while moving, stop to shoot.  Don't shoot at moving targets unless very close.  Use the -10 degrees of gun depression if you can, use those slopes.  Try to stay in hard cover while reloading.  Use your teammates as meat shields, try to save your full hitpoints until near the end of the game.

IrmaBecx #27 Posted 20 July 2017 - 12:57 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 34485 battles
  • [AFK]

Used the site for the first time today to look at the armour profile on my new ARL V39.

Found it right away; easy to navigate and told me all I needed to know. It's nice to be able to see my actual numbers with 75% crew. As far as I can tell, all numbers are correct.

https://twitter.com/IrmaBecx

Wat? OMG! IrmaDrivesTanks on Youtube!

The IrmaBecx School of Tank Philosophy

"Allez, bande de singes! Vous voulez vivre pour l'éternité?" - Ferdinand Foch, 8 Sep. 1914

Precariat #28 Posted 20 July 2017 - 01:18 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 19532 battles
  • [B-B-B]

View PostTitus_Scato, on 20 July 2017 - 11:11 AM, said:

The earliest Panzer IV, the Ausf A was designed to be a support tank, lobbing in shells from long range.  Bear that in mind.  Don't go up front even when top tier.

Wouldn't that mean it should be "recommended" for "Long range sniping"

As it stands it's not recommended for any tactics

When you can't walk, you crawl and when you can't crawl anymore somebody will carry you

N00basaurus #29 Posted 20 July 2017 - 01:27 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 5533 battles
  • [ALBA]

It's a bad sniper due to awful dispersion. The real-life tank was used as a self-propelled turreted light howitzer.

The way you're supposed to use it in game is either as a meat tenderiser - taking a large chunk of red tank hp before the rest of the team finish them off - or a finisher - dealing the final blow to badly damaged enemy tanks. At any rate, you need to play it opportunistically and keep away from the slugging; your thickest armor is only 30 mm and is found only on your turret face.

Edited by N00basaurus, 20 July 2017 - 01:32 PM.

Female crew voicepacks please.

(Re)classify the AMX CDC as a Tank Destroyer.

Just_merpug #30 Posted 20 July 2017 - 01:29 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 66253 battles
  • [AFK]
I had huge fun in the Ausf A, and rank at 600/1000 on Blitzstars and 707/100 on wotbstars. However, this isn't an indication of my skill, rather that it's not a tank many people play...

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..

Precariat #31 Posted 20 July 2017 - 02:06 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 19532 battles
  • [B-B-B]

View Postmrpgilbert, on 20 July 2017 - 01:29 PM, said:

I had huge fun in the Ausf A, and rank at 600/1000 on Blitzstars and 707/100 on wotbstars. However, this isn't an indication of my skill, rather that it's not a tank many people play...

I remember seeing a lot of them about a month back, badly driven in so much as they always seemed to drive into me at the spawn point.

I think my point is that there should be a tactic listed on the site for every tank, maybe a new category needs to be added?

Huwie_ #32 Posted 20 July 2017 - 05:22 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 37027 battles
  • [AFK]

View Postlltwox, on 20 July 2017 - 08:31 AM, said:

I don't think a little bit of controversy is a bad thing. We can learn from how other players use their tanks.

I give tactics ratings based on tank's stats. In some cases using absolute values (for example 0.38 is a good dispersion for sniping) and in some relative to the others in the tier (comparing dpm for 1vs1). These values I got from common knowledge, videos from youtube, personal experience and just statistics of all tanks on the tier. They are not final and will probably be adjusted multiple times if project goes forward. For now it is just something to begin with.

As for example of Tortoise. I think I give a bit different definition of peekaboo. For me it's sneaking for shortest amount of time possible, so that even if somebody is aiming at you, you still get away not being hit. On Tortoise you can bounce a lot (being angled and with good armor) and not show your side and hit enemies, but that's just effectively using cover, not "peekabooing", in my opinion.

Peek-a-boom is peeking out of cover, taking a shot and then retreating. This can happen lateraly vertically or at whatever angle you desire, even under #CGC. 

What you are describing is a hull down variant. 

What Im describing is a front-scrape variant. 

But the Tortoise can Peek very well. As can most other tank destroyers with excellent gun traverse like Angry Connor which can peekaboom around and over terrain like a boss. 

Do not go gentle into that good night.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Hy! From Active Frontline Klan

Tanklikes #33 Posted 22 July 2017 - 09:52 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 14208 battles

Nice website, basically a mini-review for each tank in the game. Do like what is on the front of the page with all the tanks that are in the game, cannot believe there are as many as there are right now. It is something unique when looking/comparing with tank compare as it focuses on individual tanks with their strengths and weaknesses instead of just numbers and statistics, although got to ask what your future plans are with the website? nevermind found it.

I can understand that this is just a starter and is only the first few steps but still going to point out a few things...

Pros

- The fact that you can see how the vehicle stats change with mastery % and upgrades.

- Change in stats with equipment, provisions and consumables

- Shows rating (3/10 or 2/5) for each category such as DPM, speed etc.

Cons

- The tactics tab in general is a bit messed up here and there, I mean E25 is not recommended for long range sniping and FV 183 not recommended for peeka-boo?

- The armour section is kind of clunky seeing as you cannot view armour thickness from different angles. Though I saw in the FAQ your were going to make an armour inspector to improve it.

Also can I get into contact with you guys through Discord or anything else for feedback or suggestions?

"I'll guarantee all players on here get called a noob, get told to delete the game, etc. etc. even when carrying the team because some people just expect you to be mind readers and to support their yolo charge, their side on defensive position and need someone else to blame for their poor performance." -Stubbo66

Black Swan appreciates being part of

Precariat #34 Posted 23 July 2017 - 06:46 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 19532 battles
  • [B-B-B]

Tactics could be improved so there is at least one recommended for each tank. It's useful when a tank is new to a player to get some indication as to what approach to take.

Currently that would require searching the forums/google and possibly watching a few videos (many are map dependent)

I know that is a big ask with so many tanks (and variations)

. If I was a better player across all tiers I would offer some advice but I'm a newbie

View Postmrpgilbert, on 20 July 2017 - 01:29 PM, said:

I couldn't get the derp gun to work for me, long aim / reload time?

Went much better once I reverted to the stock gun, maybe people thinking I had the other gun getting caught out?

Edited by Precariat, 23 July 2017 - 06:46 AM.

lltwox #35 Posted 23 July 2017 - 07:17 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 252 battles

View PostHuwie_, on 20 July 2017 - 05:22 PM, said:

Peek-a-boom is peeking out of cover, taking a shot and then retreating. This can happen lateraly vertically or at whatever angle you desire, even under #CGC. 

What you are describing is a hull down variant. 

What Im describing is a front-scrape variant. 

But the Tortoise can Peek very well. As can most other tank destroyers with excellent gun traverse like Angry Connor which can peekaboom around and over terrain like a boss. 

Ok. But then which tanks can't peek-a-boom? T95? It can peek, take no damage and retreat. Having a tactic apply to all tanks just makes it useless as an advice. So, in my opinion, there should be some range of tanks for which tactic works really good.

One more example can be T49. It has dispersion factors so bad, that when you move just a little out of cover, you aiming circle is doubled. If you move turret to aim it increases again. And of course T49 has no armor. So peek-a-boom seems like a bad tactic. Yet it's possible to do it at close range. So should it apply?

Same goes for sniping. No one should snipe in T49. Yet I'm sure there are people who do and will defend it, because they've killed somebody like that.

Maybe "not recommended" is too harsh? I can just leave "good" and "average". Or just show tactics, that are good and hide the rest :)

P.S to me peek-a-boom is all about gameplay like that: https://youtu.be/Ai1ecoPAsWo?t=187

View PostPrecariat, on 23 July 2017 - 06:46 AM, said:

Tactics could be improved so there is at least one recommended for each tank. It's useful when a tank is new to a player to get some indication as to what approach to take.

Currently that would require searching the forums/google and possibly watching a few videos (many are map dependent)

I know that is a big ask with so many tanks (and variations)

. If I was a better player across all tiers I would offer some advice but I'm a newbie

I couldn't get the derp gun to work for me, long aim / reload time?

Went much better once I reverted to the stock gun, maybe people thinking I had the other gun getting caught out?

I am working to bringing more tactics, Hopefully each tank will get one at least one recommended in the end. I'm trying not to input my personal opinion and just keep all recommendations to the stats so that each tank can get score without bias.

View PostEpicone1999, on 22 July 2017 - 09:52 PM, said:

Nice website, basically a mini-review for each tank in the game. Do like what is on the front of the page with all the tanks that are in the game, cannot believe there are as many as there are right now. It is something unique when looking/comparing with tank compare as it focuses on individual tanks with their strengths and weaknesses instead of just numbers and statistics, although got to ask what your future plans are with the website? nevermind found it.

I can understand that this is just a starter and is only the first few steps but still going to point out a few things...

Pros

- The fact that you can see how the vehicle stats change with mastery % and upgrades.

- Change in stats with equipment, provisions and consumables

- Shows rating (3/10 or 2/5) for each category such as DPM, speed etc.

Cons

- The tactics tab in general is a bit messed up here and there, I mean E25 is not recommended for long range sniping and FV 183 not recommended for peeka-boo?

- The armour section is kind of clunky seeing as you cannot view armour thickness from different angles. Though I saw in the FAQ your were going to make an armour inspector to improve it.

Also can I get into contact with you guys through Discord or anything else for feedback or suggestions?

Sure, I'll send you a PM

BlitzHangar.com – knowledge database for WoT Blitz. Tanks stats, equipment, provisions, 3D armor and more

Knickerson #36 Posted 25 July 2017 - 08:20 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 41243 battles
  • [ICN]

I've been taking a look at a few of my favorite tanks on the site, and it's looking good. The tactics section was a bit tough for me to understand. It took me a moment to realize that you were defining the categories and not offering insight as why a particular tank is good/average/not recommended. And I understand that you want the recommendations to be stat-driven. But I think it's useful to integrate common tank tactics like wiggling or angling, taking advantage of gun depression, side-scraping, and remaining hull down into your definitions, because it seems a bit too generic. 

But I think, once the tactics section has a little more depth to it, the site is a solid tool.

Sound trumpets! Let our colours wave!
And either victory, or else a grave.

William Shakespeare
Henry VI Part 3 – Act 2, scene 2

__Shayba__ #37 Posted 29 July 2017 - 10:19 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 37144 battles
  • [REDS_]
Wow, I am just scrolling through the forum and I see Blitzhangar.com... Well, let's take a look at that. And since that moment, I have new favorite site! Good looking page with many features which I was looking was. Thank you for this project!

lltwox #38 Posted 18 August 2017 - 12:25 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 252 battles

Latest update — 4.1

Database was updated with 4.1 data from the client. New event & test tanks, HESH is back and surprising big changes to FV215b's collision model:

Posted Image

Watch out for HEs going through your hatch!

Edited by lltwox, 18 August 2017 - 12:25 PM.

petes85 #39 Posted 18 August 2017 - 03:29 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 44552 battles
Nice work, very useful information and well explained. Tanks details are very specific and nicely made. Keep up The good work or gods work

minitelrose #40 Posted 18 August 2017 - 09:12 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 85089 battles
  • [AFK]

View Postlltwox, on 18 August 2017 - 01:25 PM, said:

Latest update — 4.1

Database was updated with 4.1 data from the client. New event & test tanks, HESH is back and surprising big changes to FV215b's collision model:

Posted Image

Watch out for HEs going through your hatch!

great work. 

Why WG does such changes unannounced (and most probably glitchy like the zero armor roof plate) is beyond me. 

I will concede nothing : the WR needs to be re-counted - by hand.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users