Enjoying blitz again?

Spare parts

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Poll: Enjoying blitz again? (45 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battle in order to participate this poll.

Do you enjoy blitz?

1. Yes (30 votes [66.67%])

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

2. No (15 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

What should be changed if you dont enjoy it?

1. Spare parts (29 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

2. Russian tanks (6 votes [6.90%])

Percentage of vote: 6.90%

3. Tournaments (4 votes [4.60%])

Percentage of vote: 4.60%

4. Matchmaking (14 votes [16.09%])

Percentage of vote: 16.09%

5. Timers... (32 votes [36.78%])

Percentage of vote: 36.78%

6. I like it the way it is (2 votes [2.30%])

Percentage of vote: 2.30%

Are you planing to play blitz in future?

1. Yes (40 votes [88.89%])

Percentage of vote: 88.89%

2. No (5 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

Vote Hide poll

janovski12 #1 Posted 25 July 2017 - 07:00 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 14191 battles
  • [EXYU]

1. Bonus chests - they give nice boost to spare parts so yeah thats welcome.

2. Ranked battles - battles without noobs, I think its one of the best moves they did atm.

3. Earning spare parts - I find it a lot easier these days i earn around 15k spare parts a day. So yeah Its not fixed but now its survivable (feel bad for those with lots of tanks, that is pain do)

I think the game is enjoyable again I dont play tournaments so idc about them. Got T49 and its apsolutely not OP. I hope you found this article to somewhat interesting. 

Edited by janovski12, 25 July 2017 - 03:37 PM.

reekoiler #2 Posted 25 July 2017 - 07:10 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 43695 battles
  • [FTC-1]

Yes, the spare parts seem to be mounting up a bit quicker than before.   Free silver is nice too.   Just gotta fix (= remove) the timers.

um ... what does 'getton' mean?

Edited by reekoiler, 25 July 2017 - 07:11 AM.

romsitsa #3 Posted 25 July 2017 - 07:11 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 47680 battles
  • [VG]

Did you also realise the major complaint is timers?

A

reekoiler #4 Posted 25 July 2017 - 07:12 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 43695 battles
  • [FTC-1]

View Postromsitsa, on 25 July 2017 - 07:11 AM, said:

Did you also realise the major complaint is timers?

A

Quite

1OOJA #5 Posted 25 July 2017 - 07:13 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 18528 battles
Allow us to select multiple answers at question no.2 and add timers.

janovski12 #6 Posted 25 July 2017 - 07:15 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 14191 battles
  • [EXYU]

View Postreekoiler, on 25 July 2017 - 07:10 AM, said:

Yes, the spare parts seem to be mounting up a bit quicker than before.   Free silver is nice too.   Just gotta fix (= remove) the timers.

um ... what does 'getton' mean?

Yeah, mistake I didnt finished the post and post it on accident. I dont find timers so bad because they give you time to grind spare parts. But I wouldnt mind if they remove them because they are sometimes so frustrating on lower tiers mostly.

Edited by janovski12, 25 July 2017 - 07:18 AM.

1OOJA #7 Posted 25 July 2017 - 07:24 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 18528 battles

View Postjanovski12, on 25 July 2017 - 08:15 AM, said:

Yeah, mistake I didnt finished the post and post it on accident. I dont find timers so bad because they give you time to grind spare parts. But I wouldnt mind if they remove them because they are sometimes so frustrating on lower tiers mostly.

Lower tiers mostly? You like waiting 4 [edited]days for a single tier X module to unlock? Weird. :P

janovski12 #8 Posted 25 July 2017 - 07:35 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 14191 battles
  • [EXYU]

View Post1OOJA, on 25 July 2017 - 07:24 AM, said:

Lower tiers mostly? You like waiting 4 [edited]days for a single tier X module to unlock? Weird. :P

Yeah, they are annoying as .... when you are on higher tiers. But now I have so little spare parts just when timer finishes I have grinded out enough spare parts so I can unlock next equipment that I wanted. 

Edited by janovski12, 25 July 2017 - 07:38 AM.

Psychovadge #9 Posted 25 July 2017 - 07:42 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 46791 battles
  • [VG]

Enjoying it more than ever but a few suggestions to devs:

Add button to allow you to change tier on your missions after you get them

Add 'in platoon/busy' status light

Remove ability for reds to make military honour comments

Add increased spare parts attribution to premium tanks

Add 'marks of honour' or 'mastery' rings on the gun barrel to show ability

Add levels of training, i.e. As you unlock your first TD you have to complete a dedicated TD training course showing you how to play that particular line.

Add dedicated training for inidividual lines, i.e. The different play styles to use

jylpah #10 Posted 25 July 2017 - 08:03 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 19865 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostPsychovadge, on 25 July 2017 - 03:42 PM, said:

Add levels of training, i.e. As you unlock your first TD you have to complete a dedicated TD training course showing you how to play that particular line.

Add dedicated training for inidividual lines, i.e. The different play styles to use

Great list, Siko. I would amend the Military Honor part so that the reds are allowed to make Positive MH comments and negative comments on provocative communications. Also, and more importantly, add an AI checker for MH comments and punish for ill-intended MH feedback.  

I played few days ago a tier X game where we fought from 4-7 underdog position and I topped the list with 3.5 dmg, few kills, spotting damage, but the game ended draw. After the battle an angry platoon thought "I lost the game" despite all my spotting, kills and damage. I as a one-shot tank I should have rushed a waiting Jgpz E100 with plenty of health left over a large open area. So their theory went. Instead I was sniping from cover and resetting my camo after each shot. Yes I jerked one shot when I to spotted earlier than I expected, but still.

After listening their (or actually one's) abuse and cry after the battle, I just laughed. I also feel that draw is 2x loss, but their comments were so out of the scale. And I went to check my MH. The plat gave me negative votes "for inactivity"... Fair play!

Edited by jylpah, 25 July 2017 - 09:25 AM.

Just a little buff for Panther II, please 

Jylpah @EU  Jylpah @Asia  Tier V-X Tank Ranking   Blitz-tools   

Knickerson #11 Posted 25 July 2017 - 08:44 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 32580 battles
  • [ICN]

I'm actually enjoying the game again. 

As for the timers, I'm over it. I figure out that when grinding for a 3 million credit tank, I usually grind for 5-7 million credits to pay for 75% crew xp, ammo, consumables, provisions, and camo. Now I just grind for 3.5 million or so to cover the ammo and crew xp. Then start the equipment timers. It's just a redistribution of grinding.

Lack of spare parts grinding, that's tough. It definitely needs improvement, but you know, everyone's in the same boat, newcomers have it the worst, because it's yet another component of the experience gap among players in tiers, so whatever.

I've taken to ignoring the events. I don't think they are targeted at me, instead they're targeted at the player who loves to grind/can't stop grinding toward the possibility of getting a tank for free. It's like rowing a boat on the sea toward the only island in sight, fighting leeway the entire way. Is that me? It doesn't sound like me. 

The old days are gone. Even some of the old forumers whose posts I enjoy reading hardly come around anymore. It happens.

Cry "Havoc,"
And let slip the dogs of war.

William Shakespeare
Julius Caesar – Act 3, scene 1

janovski12 #12 Posted 25 July 2017 - 09:26 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 14191 battles
  • [EXYU]

View PostPsychovadge, on 25 July 2017 - 07:42 AM, said:

Yeah Marks of excellence would be nice, but I dont think that they will introduce them because of lower end mobile devices. As far as training goes better they put somekind of a youtube video about every tech tree and then give them 25 gold for watching it, Its more cost effective. But I think we can look forward to many things like temporary missions and that kind of stuff and who knows what else. But this creative director is going in right direction and I like what I see. Im glad they got him because he is doing some good work. 

jylpah #13 Posted 25 July 2017 - 09:50 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 19865 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostKnickerson, on 25 July 2017 - 04:44 PM, said:

It's like rowing a boat on the sea toward the only island in sight, fighting leeway the entire way. Is that me? It doesn't sound like me. 

What's wrong with rowing? Are you more into kayaking? How about motorboats?

Just a little buff for Panther II, please 

Jylpah @EU  Jylpah @Asia  Tier V-X Tank Ranking   Blitz-tools   

17ares #14 Posted 25 July 2017 - 10:00 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 34813 battles
  • [101]

View PostPsychovadge, on 25 July 2017 - 07:42 AM, said:

I f you were a WG contributor. Totally agree.

Knickerson #15 Posted 25 July 2017 - 10:42 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 32580 battles
  • [ICN]

View Postjylpah, on 25 July 2017 - 11:50 AM, said:

View PostKnickerson, on 25 July 2017 - 04:44 PM, said:

It's like rowing a boat on the sea toward the only island in sight, fighting leeway the entire way. Is that me? It doesn't sound like me. 

What's wrong with rowing? Are you more into kayaking? How about motorboats?

None, but if I had to choose—sailing. Gi' me a tall ship an' a compass ta steer her by.

sixty_three #16 Posted 25 July 2017 - 10:42 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 12321 battles

Can you add a "not applicable" option please for your second poll question, or make this question optional.

(I don't care for spare parts or timers but they don't stop me enjoying the game)

One of life’s challenges — knowing enough to think you are right, but not enough to know that you are wrong.

scaramax #17 Posted 25 July 2017 - 11:56 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 24599 battles
  • [AFK]

WG is just softening you up for the final blow which Will be selling SP.

But Yes, so far I Still enjoy it, but No, I'm Still Not spending

killerkiller777 #18 Posted 25 July 2017 - 01:06 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 34575 battles
  • [TNG]

View Postjylpah, on 25 July 2017 - 08:03 AM, said:

After listening their (or actually one's) abuse and cry after the battle, I just laughed. I also feel that draw is 2x loss, but their comments were so out of the scale. And I went to check my MH. The plat gave me negative votes "for inactivity"... Fair play!

Off topic: I think I met the same platoon on Friday night. Anyway, reported them to customer support, of course, was just waste of time even I reported their bad language in-chat game and not actually the down votes received.

On topic:

1. MH - to allow you report "provocative language" in chat (in-game as it is now but also local chat). Some "smart" guys are waiting 5 minutes after the battle to expire the time for voting. Remove the voting option for people who use it wrongly.

2. Ranting battles to reduce the range from 1500 points to 500 points, this will be much more balanced. Personal rating to be calculated based on tier 9/10 battles (damage, survival, spot, etc) because knapsack algorithm used now is not working well with old "personal rating". I still got very unbalanced battles. Maybe this will be fixed by itself after some time once the people will have more ranting battles.

3. Limit access in superior tiers (8, 9, 10) based on experience and / or number of battles, some milestones achieved (like OP says a kind of training you passed by).

Thank you for removing timers and spare parts, now please do the same with Military Honor !

Verblonde #19 Posted 25 July 2017 - 01:59 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 4706 battles
  • [9TH]

I feel the first question lacks a bit of nuance; for example, I do still enjoy the game *but* I enjoy it less than I used to. Crucially, from WG's perspective, I've completely stopped spending money on it.

In terms of what annoys people about the recent changes, I suspect it may vary depending on where one is in one's development. In my specific case, the massive ongoing annoyance is Spare Parts, and their lack; I have a lot of vehicles in my garage, so nowhere near enough SPs to even begin to equip them properly (I think I have only one tank with VStab, for instance). Having a large number of vehicles makes timers less annoying for me personally though - no tank in Blitz is sufficiently exciting that I *must* play it immediately, so I'm not bothered having to wait at least until the first row of equipment is completed - Blitz is basically like Clash of Clans now i.e. not something I spend a lot of time on in one go (probably not what WG want, but tough tits - it's what they get for their stupidity).

So, as it stands the game is still fun, but less than it used to be; crucially, WG have significantly discouraged people from spending money. And that isn't even touching on the massive amounts of ill-will they generated with the established players...

llo1 #20 Posted 25 July 2017 - 03:24 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 28829 battles
  • [1RTR]
Still enjoying the game, not enjoying the timers, but definitely don't want the option for anyone to 'buy' their way through the tiers without actually achieving enough experience to actually play the game.
MH is a missed opportunity to provide something worthwhile. Simply being abused by certain people.
Really object to the server lag/ping and other problems that simply kill the battle before it is started, being unable to influence the battle is a total downer, because when the lag/ping suddenly corrects I can influence and carry if needed.
Like the current freebies, which gold noobs can buy if they don't have the ability to wait for.

Also tagged with Spare parts

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users