WR fun

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Precariat #1 Posted 04 August 2017 - 11:59 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 14785 battles
  • [B-B-B]

What tank do you go to at the lower tiers, knowing you are seemingly always low tiered. Happens to us all imo. And if you are driving something with low pen what to drive to show the MM who is boss.

i.e. I'm low tier but this tank is fun or up to the job. Doesn't have to be a TD of course, although TD should be able to cope with being low tier due to higher pen.

Tier I: FT & Medium I

Tier II tbd

Tier III: Marder II & T-46 (with the 76mm gun)

Tier IV: Matilda

When you can't walk, you crawl and when you can't crawl anymore somebody will carry you

Blue_Snail #2 Posted 04 August 2017 - 03:02 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 4495 battles

OK, no one really likes a long streak of being low tier.

But I have noticed that sometimes being low tier will pull out some of my best "game play".

Especially, if you have a fast tank, so you can take advantage of "relocating"

and showing up on the rear of red tanks.

It helps if I am platooned with a buddy with the same tank, so we can cooperate with each other.

Precariat #3 Posted 04 August 2017 - 03:33 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 14785 battles
  • [B-B-B]

View PostBlue_Snail, on 04 August 2017 - 03:02 PM, said:

OK, no one really likes a long streak of being low tier.

But I have noticed that sometimes being low tier will pull out some of my best "game play".

Especially, if you have a fast tank, so you can take advantage of "relocating"

and showing up on the rear of red tanks.

It helps if I am platooned with a buddy with the same tank, so we can cooperate with each other.

Yes I noticed the same thing, did much better when low tiered, but gun pen can be a problem on some tanks if the reds have a bunch of heavies for example.

There was something in the MM thread that suggested WR in the tank you are driving is a factor which could mean you are being matched against less skilled opponents in higher tiered tanks, so that could be a factor. Best discussed in the MM thread, just mentioned it as it could be relevant.

When you can't walk, you crawl and when you can't crawl anymore somebody will carry you

sixty_three #4 Posted 05 August 2017 - 08:44 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 12321 battles

View PostPrecariat, on 04 August 2017 - 11:59 AM, said:

What tank do you go to at the lower tiers, knowing you are seemingly always low tiered. Happens to us all imo. And if you are driving something with low pen what to drive to show the MM who is boss.

i.e. I'm low tier but this tank is fun or up to the job. Doesn't have to be a TD of course, although TD should be able to cope with being low tier due to higher pen.

Tier II tbd

For Tier II I'd suggest a Ha-Go with the top turret and 57mm gun.  Load up with HE and HEAT and fight in hilly terrain.  

One of life’s challenges — knowing enough to think you are right, but not enough to know that you are wrong.

Peter_Moosey #5 Posted 06 August 2017 - 01:07 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 22828 battles
  • [EMRS]

View Postsixty_three, on 05 August 2017 - 08:44 PM, said:

For Tier II I'd suggest a Ha-Go with the top turret and 57mm gun.  Load up with HE and HEAT and fight in hilly terrain.  

I use the stock turret, it has less armor but is MUCH smaller, so you will be hit less.

Tier II tbd

What is a tbd ???? :unsure:

Precariat #6 Posted 06 August 2017 - 02:09 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 14785 battles
  • [B-B-B]

View PostPeter_Moosey, on 06 August 2017 - 01:08 PM, said:

What is a tbd ???? :unsure:

to be decided

sixty_three #7 Posted 06 August 2017 - 02:20 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 12321 battles

View PostPeter_Moosey, on 06 August 2017 - 01:07 PM, said:

I use the stock turret, it has less armor but is MUCH smaller, so you will be hit less.

Thanks Peter, just tried it with that configuration, plus a camo net.  Felt like a ninja warrior and had a top gun assassination battle. Yes!

:)

One of life’s challenges — knowing enough to think you are right, but not enough to know that you are wrong.

jylpah #8 Posted 16 August 2017 - 03:41 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 13279 battles
  • [AFK]

The reason why you are more often low-tier than not is the fact that there are far more players on higher tiers. The MM does not care whether you are 15 games low-tier or not, it simply does not consider this as a factor in decision making. I agree that it could or when it comes to low tiers (I-IV) it even should balance the low-tier/top-tier balance per player. At the moment MM expects the issue sort out itself (somehow) thanks by it randomly picking up the players for the teams. Every extra parameter makes the MM algorithm more complex and can introduce weird situations / extra waiting time when there are not enough players on some tiers. I have plotted the data of the number games played per tier earlier. 70% of the battles are played with Tier VII-X tanks. 

"All game mechanics work equally for all the players." , WarGaming

Jylpah @EU  Jylpah @Asia  Tier V-X Tank Ranking     

Precariat #9 Posted 16 August 2017 - 04:52 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 14785 battles
  • [B-B-B]

View Postjylpah, on 16 August 2017 - 03:41 PM, said:

The reason why you are more often low-tier than not is the fact that there are far more players on higher tiers. The MM does not care whether you are 15 games low-tier or not, it simply does not consider this as a factor in decision making. I agree that it could or when it comes to low tiers (I-IV) it even should balance the low-tier/top-tier balance per player. At the moment MM expects the issue sort out itself (somehow) thanks by it randomly picking up the players for the teams. Every extra parameter makes the MM algorithm more complex and can introduce weird situations / extra waiting time when there are not enough players on some tiers. I have plotted the data of the number games played per tier earlier. 70% of the battles are played with Tier VII-X tanks. 

Not really what this topic is about. It's not a MM thread, but what tanks do you play when you get a string of low tier battles.

IrmaBecx #10 Posted 16 August 2017 - 06:03 PM

First Sergeant

• Community Contributor
  • 22148 battles
  • [IRMA]

I go for familiarity rather than strength in these situations. Trying to move to a "stronger" vehicle out of frustration always seems to land me in even worse trouble than I was.

There are of course exceptions. Playing the Baby Foch and Foch, I care nothing about being bottom tier, because they are perfectly able to deal with that. The key, in that case, it think is two things: penetration and armour. Both Foches have tier X guns, so they don't struggle to pen a lot. They also have enough frontal armour to get a bounce or two off higher tier weapons.

Penetration is crucial, because it means you have more options; you don't have to get at sides or hit weak spots to be effective, and so you spend less time aiming and exposing yourself. Armour as well, you don't need a lot of it, but it has to be useful. Like a strong gun mantlet, thick enough sides for sidescraping, or a good turret or front plate.

Dealing with losing streaks or bad matchups is part of the game, and often you just have to grin and bear it. But there are tanks out there that deal with being bottom tier better than others. Speed is good. High penetration is good. And a few bits of solid armour always helps.

Solid gun handling means you can engage enemies at longer ranges, good gun depression allows you to hide the hull; there are all kinds of little things that help when bottom tier. But the number one thing I think is being comfortable with your vehicle, knowing what it can do and what it can't do, because that will allow you to make better decisions in game and, ultimately, carry harder.

Best of luck! :)

https://twitter.com/IrmaBecx

Wat? OMG! IrmaDrivesTanks on Youtube!

The IrmaBecx School of Tank Philosophy

"Allez, bande de singes! Vous voulez vivre pour l'éternité?" - Ferdinand Foch, 8 Sep. 1914

jylpah #11 Posted 17 August 2017 - 07:31 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 13279 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostPrecariat, on 17 August 2017 - 12:52 AM, said:

Not really what this topic is about. It's not a MM thread, but what tanks do you play when you get a string of low tier battles.

Well, it is based on the same false assumptions than the MM-thread... And as if you can know for that your next battle will be low-tier. Your thinking is called Gambler's Fallacy

"All game mechanics work equally for all the players." , WarGaming

Jylpah @EU  Jylpah @Asia  Tier V-X Tank Ranking     

Precariat #12 Posted 17 August 2017 - 09:31 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 14785 battles
  • [B-B-B]

View Postjylpah, on 17 August 2017 - 07:31 AM, said:

Well, it is based on the same false assumptions than the MM-thread... And as if you can know for that your next battle will be low-tier. Your thinking is called Gambler's Fallacy

No it's called hedging your bets. So if I am low tiered in the next battle what tank gives me a better chance of being successful. And still not what this thread is about!

Precariat #13 Posted 30 August 2017 - 10:56 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 14785 battles
  • [B-B-B]

Tier II tbd

I'm going to put the Panzerjäger I at tier II simply because it has a good reload time, I can play this as close support or as a flanker depending on the situation. Recently got a Mastery and has become something I go to when teams are getting me down. Tempted to waste some spare parts on it (to improve the traverse)

IrmaBecx #14 Posted 01 September 2017 - 04:51 AM

First Sergeant

• Community Contributor
  • 22148 battles
  • [IRMA]

View PostPrecariat, on 30 August 2017 - 12:56 PM, said:

I'm going to put the Panzerjäger I at tier II simply because it has a good reload time, I can play this as close support or as a flanker depending on the situation. Recently got a Mastery and has become something I go to when teams are getting me down. Tempted to waste some spare parts on it (to improve the traverse)

I cried when I had to sell my Panzerjäger I... :/

I hope you are running the Czech 4,7 cm Kw.K. (t) L/43 and not the 5 cm? The 4,7 has the same DPM with slightly lower penetration, but better aimtime and accuracy, and it reloads half a second faster. Also it's more than half a ton lighter, which makes quite a difference for the mobility on a 9 ton tank. Titus swears by it, and I have to agree with him on this one; the Czech gun works much better.

https://twitter.com/IrmaBecx

Wat? OMG! IrmaDrivesTanks on Youtube!

The IrmaBecx School of Tank Philosophy

"Allez, bande de singes! Vous voulez vivre pour l'éternité?" - Ferdinand Foch, 8 Sep. 1914

Precariat #15 Posted 01 September 2017 - 06:09 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 14785 battles
  • [B-B-B]

View PostIrmaBecx, on 01 September 2017 - 04:51 AM, said:

I cried when I had to sell my Panzerjäger I... :/

I hope you are running the Czech 4,7 cm Kw.K. (t) L/43 and not the 5 cm? The 4,7 has the same DPM with slightly lower penetration, but better aimtime and accuracy, and it reloads half a second faster. Also it's more than half a ton lighter, which makes quite a difference for the mobility on a 9 ton tank. Titus swears by it, and I have to agree with him on this one; the Czech gun works much better.

Thank you for the tip. I have to admit I researched and upgraded the gun when I was new to Blitz so I'll try the other gun. I can see why it would be better as it plays to the things I like most about it. There are a few tanks where this is true, strange isn't it.

Nastypasty1123 #16 Posted 02 February 2018 - 11:20 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 41780 battles
  • [CHT]
Again packed to the rafters with the deniers and WG pet trolls. It makes no difference in 90% plus of the battles you are in because the MM is not random as it has a copyrighted algorithm that pre determines if you are going to win or lose. The reason for this is money in the form of micro transactions, you spend to get 100% crew, you spend to get the top mods, you may even spend to skip the tank completely to get to the next tier and it all starts again. You will have a win rate cap and you will bounce that win rate until you have reached the magic number ( what ever that is ) again the MM algorithm controls this , and then your cap is increased so you then climb up to that cap. To facilitate this predetermination there are “ protected “ players, these are put in the same team and are usually in fully equipped capable tanks op like the Helsing , Is6 etc and probably map specific and spawn specific. Sometimes you get a bit of luck and beat the MM but it is rare, the odd ammo rack on a key red, one of the decided losing team playing the game of his life etc. So the bottom line is it mostly makes no difference just be aware Wargreed are trying to manipulate you into spending money 

Mockney_piers #17 Posted 02 February 2018 - 02:56 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 8504 battles

it's +1/-1 here. Being low tier isn't really much of a problem is it.

Prammo effectively up tiers your gun, so if you are constantly bottom tier just load up some of that juicy silver :)

seriously, the old "algorithm" nosense. jaysus wept.....

“There was a man who sat each day looking out through a narrow vertical opening where a single board had been removed from a tall wooden fence. Each day a wild donkey of the desert passed outside the fence and across the narrow opening—first the nose, then the head, the forelegs, the long brown back, the hindlegs, and lastly the tail. One day, the man leaped to his feet with the light of discovery in his eyes and he shouted for all who could hear him: “It is obvious! The nose causes the tail!” 

Edited by Mockney_piers, 02 February 2018 - 02:59 PM.

Nastypasty1123 #18 Posted 02 February 2018 - 05:01 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 41780 battles
  • [CHT]

If it’s “ the ol algorithm thing again “ what did Wargreed patient , thin air ? It’s another denier who hasn’t played in a very long while I believe. Just comes on here to chelp !

Mjr_Eazy #19 Posted 02 February 2018 - 05:21 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 19970 battles
  • [BT_SV]

Personally I found your use of the term denier for someone who disagrees with you offensive, theres no way your crackpot theories abut rigging against you should be equated in anyway with something like holocaust denial; but I guess it gives an indication of the level of your intellect...

Good news is, you’re right, everyone hates you and we have created this game specifically to pick on your win rate.  That reminds me i need to put my invoice in to WG for my posts supporting them this month...

There you go, all the proof you needed, the truth is out there, no need to call Mulder & Scully...

He who stops being better stops being good.  Oliver Cromwell I was soundly beaten, and i am the better for it.  Monty

I keep getting beaten but getting better so its all good man :harp:. Major Eazy

Nastypasty1123 #20 Posted 02 February 2018 - 05:39 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 41780 battles
  • [CHT]

Well if you find the use of the word “ denier “ offensive then you want to get out more often. I thought it only fair to give a name back to the crowd who call people with my point of view “ tin foil hat wearing etc etc “ 

Secondly I have not stated that the MM is out to get me personally, its out to get the vast % of players on the server to make money for Wargreed. There is good news and you don’t need the FBI to find it. It has been discussed for years and can easily be found with a Google search. There is also the patent , why would a company patent something that did nothing ? I wonder if they did it to create and fuel a conspiracy theory for all us foil hat brigade :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users