new suggestion for ingame play

R+R

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Player_0702692383 #1 Posted 07 August 2017 - 11:32 AM

Private

• Player
  • 31244 battles
As a first time poster this may have been a suggestion that has been covered but as most users will take hols at certain times of the year there should be a facility to have R+R breaks on their player accounts just as tankers should this way they will not lose out on lost days on a prem account if they have one 

Bada__Bing #2 Posted 07 August 2017 - 02:26 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 8797 battles
  • [B-B-B]

Ahh, in an ideal world.

VonPottypoop #3 Posted 07 August 2017 - 03:39 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 21164 battles
  • [FTC-1]

Good idea young man but as Bada__Bing said above.

You obviously just play the game and haven't got the foggiest what Wargamings agenda is. Please let me explain, They give you an above average gaming product and in return you give them cash, globally speaking that's hoodles of cash in the bank, now why would they let you save some premium time when they are fully aware that as soon as it ends you will lose countless battles and after a few days the realisation sets in that without splashing the cash you are at a real disadvantage, hence the need to buy premium again.

​Very proud leader of the Fun-Tan-Clan 

Tijgerhaai_XIV #4 Posted 07 August 2017 - 06:53 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 11679 battles
  • [ALBA]
What?

Did not realise this was tin foil hat territory.

VonPottypoop #5 Posted 07 August 2017 - 07:12 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 21164 battles
  • [FTC-1]

View PostTijgerhaai_XIV, on 07 August 2017 - 06:53 PM, said:

What?

Did not realise this was tin foil hat territory.

Not tin foil hat territory but a multi billion Dollar business that knows how to manipulate. If you are in denial of this then you sir are the victim of corporate manipulation.

Tijgerhaai_XIV #6 Posted 07 August 2017 - 08:40 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 11679 battles
  • [ALBA]
Despite that there is no evidence that premium time effects WR? And lots of evidence that it certainly does not work in the way you posit here - that there is a huge difference immediately notable. When i bought premium time my WR went down, not up.

It is demonstrably false, yet you claim any disagreement comes from manipulation and does not ever question your highly subjective interpretation of the facts.

VonPottypoop #7 Posted 08 August 2017 - 05:38 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 21164 battles
  • [FTC-1]
Show me the facts!

Tijgerhaai_XIV #8 Posted 08 August 2017 - 06:21 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 11679 battles
  • [ALBA]
Sigh. Your conspiracy theory, your burden of proof.

Just stating such rubbish and then demanding any one that questions you to disprove it is dumb.

Anyway the OPs idea is nice, but it seems unlikely to be implemented.

VonPottypoop #9 Posted 08 August 2017 - 06:32 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 21164 battles
  • [FTC-1]

View PostTijgerhaai_XIV, on 07 August 2017 - 08:40 PM, said:

Despite that there is no evidence that premium time effects WR? And lots of evidence that it certainly does not work in the way you posit here - that there is a huge difference immediately notable. When i bought premium time my WR went down, not up.

It is demonstrably false, yet you claim any disagreement comes from manipulation and does not ever question your highly subjective interpretation of the facts.

Your suggestion is that there are facts to prove otherwise, you tried to lord it but you are unable to support your post. 

Blue_Snail #10 Posted 08 August 2017 - 07:21 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 4519 battles
  • [ALBAB]

I have purchased 1 year premium time in WoT in the past, as its the cheapest way to get premium time.

And it does greatly increase your rate of progress in the game, which is what giving money to WG does.

I don't buy much anymore, since it does not really contribute to the FUN of the game.

However, I did find something I really liked in Blitz, which is the 1 hour premium time goodies.

This way, I can active them 1 at a time, when I can focus on a particular goal.

When the hour is up, I can take a break.

Tijgerhaai_XIV #11 Posted 08 August 2017 - 07:41 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 11679 battles
  • [ALBA]

View PostVonPottypoop, on 08 August 2017 - 07:32 AM, said:

Your suggestion is that there are facts to prove otherwise, you tried to lord it but you are unable to support your post. 

It is impossible not to lord it over people that spout nonsense. It goes with the territory. 

There are plenty of free players with great WR. My own experience shows your claim to be false. And let's predict something.  Many forumers have been reporting that since 3.8 they will not renew their premium time. So, that would mean by your completely unsubstantiated hypothesis that soon the forum will be awash with people raging about their WR dropping like a stone as soon as they don't. Are you confident this will happen?

Plus the most vocal proponent of this hypothesis, supports it primarily to explain why he doesn't have the >90% that he so obviously deserves. This is the true base of all these claims; jealousy, bitterness and a unwillingness to accept facts.

Edited by Tijgerhaai_XIV, 08 August 2017 - 07:42 AM.

VonPottypoop #12 Posted 08 August 2017 - 07:52 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 21164 battles
  • [FTC-1]
Still no facts but more lording, produce hard facts which you keep banging on about or just admit you have non but merely an opinion. I think you need to watch Silicone valley on the BBC I player and then form an opinion on real facts. If you are willing to watch this you may wish to wear your tin foil hat as to not have experts at the very top ruining your glass house. 

Tijgerhaai_XIV #13 Posted 08 August 2017 - 08:03 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 11679 battles
  • [ALBA]
Great, so discussion so far, you claim premium time boosts your WR. Which apparently needs no proof. I say that is blatantly not true. You refute my refutation as I have not empirically proven it. I give up because it's impossible to discuss with some one that does not answer the points in question, and appears to be, let's be frank, stupid.

So sure, you're right. Sorry for trying to inject some objectivity. Wargaming evil, all that jazz.

Chairman_merpug #14 Posted 08 August 2017 - 08:10 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 47367 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostVonPottypoop, on 08 August 2017 - 06:32 AM, said:

Premium time has no impact on your winrate, other than the increase in credit income enables you to spam more prammo and cope with higher damage per game without going in the red. The number of useless goldnoobs is a prime indicator of this. From my own personal experience, nothing happened to my WR when my premium time expired, my skill level didn't change and nor did team composition. YMMV.

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

VonPottypoop #15 Posted 08 August 2017 - 09:24 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 21164 battles
  • [FTC-1]
You sir kept on about facts and provided non and then have a play on words injecting insults. Wow you must be right because that's your opinion. 

VonPottypoop #16 Posted 08 August 2017 - 09:44 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 21164 battles
  • [FTC-1]

View Postmrpgilbert, on 08 August 2017 - 08:10 AM, said:

Premium time has no impact on your winrate, other than the increase in credit income enables you to spam more prammo and cope with higher damage per game without going in the red. The number of useless goldnoobs is a prime indicator of this. From my own personal experience, nothing happened to my WR when my premium time expired, my skill level didn't change and nor did team composition. YMMV.

I totally agree with that statement but a company that openly states it can double its profits in two years are doing a lot more than selling UP tank packages. People need to look at disruption and sales techniques in the tech industry and form an opinion based on that. I think that if there hadn't been such an outcry over 3.8 spare parts would now be on sale. This is a manufactured disruption that makes an immediate impact on tanks ability to compete from no equipment to full equipment. 

Mjr_Eazy #17 Posted 08 August 2017 - 05:07 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 28780 battles
  • [BT_SV]

I know it's more anecdotal evidence but...
When I 1st started playing I paid real cash for premium time, my WR was bad, I was a potato

i stopped paying cash my WR went up, I was a smaller potato

ive now got loads of premium certificates from crates but WR still up and down like proverbial working ladies undies

having said that do. big companies rip you off - hoo yah! Do WG?  Maybe but I think if they do it is much more subtle than pay cash do better, i give them the benefit of the doubt

YMMV

Edited by Mjr_Eazy, 08 August 2017 - 05:10 PM.

547146227.png

VonPottypoop #18 Posted 08 August 2017 - 05:51 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 21164 battles
  • [FTC-1]

IMHO I believe that not all people are targeted as some people use Premium and Non Premium accounts and do very well and some pretty badly regardless. Now this is not in anyway suggesting that MM is rigged on a daily basis as that I feel is random on the whole.

You have though the middle ground players which depending on their spending patterns become more vulnerable to a disruptive sales pattern. If say a said player has been a regular premium player and consistently spends then say this lapses the computer/server is fully aware that his spending has ceased and depending on the amount of games played the computer then throws in lots of ways to make the player lose, bounced shots, not spotting team until the whole red team is around you, shots from the sky and so on.... Then and this is just theory may I add as there are no facts to prove this! Your win rate has dropped and you may go down 1-2% WR but then here it comes you win 24hr Premium and you use it and hey presto your WR has recovered. This may trigger the person to spend again on another stretch of premium time and again stability is restored.

Which ever way you look at it you may feel that what I say is rubbish and you may well shout out " Grab yer tinfoil hat Noob!"  But the one thing that you can't dismiss is that any company only going a few years that are so globally huge making hundreds of millions of dollars haven't done this game out of goodwill but are ruthless and will use any sales method to increase their profits or as Wargaming said last year that they were aiming to double their profits in the next two years! 

How?

Tijgerhaai_XIV #19 Posted 08 August 2017 - 06:35 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 11679 battles
  • [ALBA]

View PostVonPottypoop, on 08 August 2017 - 06:51 PM, said:

How?

Voodoo and human sacrifice.

sixty_three #20 Posted 08 August 2017 - 11:19 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 12321 battles

I hadn't bought any premium time certificates before bonus containers were introduced.  Since then I've been fighting mostly with premium time running.  Rather than increase prammo usage though, I started using the surplus credits to fund the running of my tier V heavy tanks with the more expensive (+10%) instead of the (+3%) fuel and food bonus provisions. And this is the vehicle subset where I've noticed a marked improvement in my performance recently.  From an abysmal c.30% to a near average 40-50% WR. 

But I honestly haven't noticed any other group of tanks improve that much.

The improvement is so significant with the heavies that it doesn't seem plausible to me to just put it down to a better performing tank.

I think it may be a confidence thing that just goes along with believing you're now driving a pimped tank!

Has anybody from WG ever categorically ruled out that premium time = better WR, as Mr. Conway did when he said the MM wasn't rigged?  

Edited by sixty_three, 08 August 2017 - 11:24 PM.

One of life’s challenges — knowing enough to think you are right, but not enough to know that you are wrong.

Also tagged with R+R

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users