R+R

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Mjr_Eazy #21 Posted 09 August 2017 - 05:30 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 28780 battles
  • [BT_SV]
Sixty_three: are you sure you're just not a better player now?  What were your stats like when you got those 30% WRs?
Has this new improved WR made you spend real money?  If so I'm getting the bacofoil out!

Back to the original idea on thread, i think it's a good idea for those who have bought 30 day or 1 year premium but can't see it happening as you get time back from missions and crates.

547146227.png

VonPottypoop #22 Posted 09 August 2017 - 05:45 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 21164 battles
  • [FTC-1]

View PostMjr_Eazy, on 09 August 2017 - 05:30 AM, said:

Sixty_three: are you sure you're just not a better player now? What were your stats like when you got those 30% WRs?
Has this new improved WR made you spend real money? If so I'm getting the bacofoil out!

Back to the original idea on thread, i think it's a good idea for those who have bought 30 day or 1 year premium but can't see it happening as you get time back from missions and crates.

Your question and then your immediate reply is trying to lead him rather than just asking a question and letting him answer. 

​Very proud leader of the Fun-Tan-Clan 

sixty_three #23 Posted 09 August 2017 - 06:17 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 12321 battles

View PostMjr_Eazy, on 09 August 2017 - 05:30 AM, said:

Sixty_three: are you sure you're just not a better player now? What were your stats like when you got those 30% WRs?
Has this new improved WR made you spend real money? If so I'm getting the bacofoil out!

Yes, back to the original idea, I think WG won't do this, as they are instead handing out, via the bonus containers, lots of 1-hr premium packages (over 100 in my case). The game feels more awash with them than it did when I started playing.  

On the question of tank skills.  When you're really rubbish, any slight improvement will leapfrog you over rather a lot of other players (think of the bell curve graph of WR distribution). In my case, it was enough to actually make me enjoy playing this category of tank.

However my overall stats for tier IV heavies, which can't benefit from the luxury provisions, have actually fallen somewhat.  On the whole therefore I think I'm "buying" a modest level of success and rather more fun thanks to the premium giveaway.

Edited by sixty_three, 09 August 2017 - 06:17 AM.

One of life’s challenges — knowing enough to think you are right, but not enough to know that you are wrong.

petes85 #24 Posted 09 August 2017 - 07:39 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 41536 battles
Potty has a point there but does Not have proof and never will. All Wargaming games are P2W games and they who pay have higher changes to win. The equitment and timers is perfect example: you pay for equitment and gold to skip timers. Result getting Better tank than non paying customer.

Chairman_merpug #25 Posted 09 August 2017 - 08:17 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 47367 battles
  • [AFK]

View Postpetes85, on 09 August 2017 - 07:39 AM, said:

Potty has a point there but does Not have proof and never will. All Wargaming games are P2W games and they who pay have higher changes to win. The equitment and timers is perfect example: you pay for equitment and gold to skip timers. Result getting Better tank than non paying customer.

A "better" tank with all nine equipment slots filled driven by someone with premium time who is a bad player will still be useless in a battle. There's no magic bullet. Personal skill and ability is the determining factor, albeit tempered by a healthy dose of psychology - if you are in the right frame of mind, you will perform better.

VonPottypoop #26 Posted 09 August 2017 - 09:24 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 21164 battles
  • [FTC-1]

View Postmrpgilbert, on 09 August 2017 - 08:17 AM, said:

A "better" tank with all nine equipment slots filled driven by someone with premium time who is a bad player will still be useless in a battle. There's no magic bullet. Personal skill and ability is the determining factor, albeit tempered by a healthy dose of psychology - if you are in the right frame of mind, you will perform better.

OK take two players with 60% WR and are both on 10,000 games,  both have ground to the T54 and bought it at the exact same time. One has no spare parts and no premium account and refuses to spam gold for training however player 2 has all the above. Who has the pay to win advantage? 

sixty_three #27 Posted 09 August 2017 - 10:22 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 12321 battles

View Postmrpgilbert, on 09 August 2017 - 08:17 AM, said:

Yes, if you are in the right frame of mind, you will perform better.  The converse is perhaps an even stronger correlation. (I just thought then of the Greg Norman v Nick Faldo final round match at the 1996 Masters.)

I can believe that it f I drove a Sherman Jumbo with all nine equipment slots open, I'd still get PM's advising me to play with Lego.  

I can also verify that my D1, with the "Engine Accelerator" slot enabled, gave me the means to win a battle that otherwise would have been drawn.  Mind you, that was just 1 battle out of about 50 I played when lots of people were clowning around in their new Combat Cars.  So I'm being pedantic... ;)

Edited by sixty_three, 09 August 2017 - 10:23 AM.

One of life’s challenges — knowing enough to think you are right, but not enough to know that you are wrong.

petes85 #28 Posted 09 August 2017 - 12:22 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 41536 battles

View Postmrpgilbert, on 09 August 2017 - 10:17 AM, said:

Even 0.1 second reload is advantage or 10 horsepowers on engine is advantage, yea true Team is important cause it's teamplay game. Why do all pros buy repair kits etc... And oh consumables then ??? And noobs don't. They give advantage over another like adreline gives faster reload.

Mjr_Eazy #29 Posted 09 August 2017 - 02:18 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 28780 battles
  • [BT_SV]
Is the theory then that everything else being equal - tank, equipment; WR etc but I had free credits I used for prammo and free premium time from crates but the other player had paid cash they would always win?

547146227.png

VonPottypoop #30 Posted 09 August 2017 - 03:17 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 21164 battles
  • [FTC-1]

View PostMjr_Eazy, on 09 August 2017 - 02:18 PM, said:

Is the theory then that everything else being equal - tank, equipment; WR etc but I had free credits I used for prammo and free premium time from crates but the other player had paid cash they would always win?

It is what I call clever marketing, let's just say the average WR for the T34-85 is lower and not as consistent as the T34-85 Victory this is because one is already fully functional apart from spare parts, the T34-85 although once fully ground is superior but has a lower WR because of the grind but here is the catch spend gold and max it straight away and it then is superior to the Victory. 

Perfect example of pay to win and Clever disruption  marketing. 

Edited by VonPottypoop, 09 August 2017 - 03:19 PM.

Chairman_merpug #31 Posted 09 August 2017 - 04:58 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 47367 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostVonPottypoop, on 09 August 2017 - 09:24 AM, said:

OK take two players with 60% WR and are both on 10,000 games,  both have ground to the T54 and bought it at the exact same time. One has no spare parts and no premium account and refuses to spam gold for training however player 2 has all the above. Who has the pay to win advantage? 

Depends on the player and the decisions made during the game. 60% winrate across the same tanks, I assume you mean, rather than stat padder versus pukka 60%. Equipment will make some difference, premium account none, refusing to use gold ammo would make me prefer that player, if s/he has got that wr without it. Think about it.

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

petes85 #32 Posted 09 August 2017 - 05:50 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 41536 battles
Prerium time/days does Not effect WR, it's More for financial & experience advantage. But More prammo is used when you Make need to Make More damage to Make credit profit. Prammo pens More So it May effect on result of The game.

Also tagged with R+R

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users