Wotbstars and blitzstars

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Mjr_Eazy #1 Posted 09 August 2017 - 07:13 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 23839 battles
  • [BT_SV]

Hi apologies if this has been covered already, I did do a search and didn't see anything...

ive looked at both wotbstars and blitzstars sites and found them interesting and informative if pretty bad reading, lol I am soooo bad in some tanks and just bad in the rest :-)

at least things are getting better.

has anyone got a good explanation of why they are so different?

Blitzstars  looks like I'm rated less of a tomato but wbotstars is painful to look at;  so obviously I prefer Blitzstars even tho I know the other is probably more accurate reflection of my performance.

He who stops being better stops being good.  Oliver Cromwell I was soundly beaten, and i am the better for it.  Monty

I keep getting beaten but getting better so its all good man :harp:. Major Eazy

Chairman_merpug #2 Posted 09 August 2017 - 07:42 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 39660 battles
  • [AFK]
Different samples - neither uses the whole playerbase. There's also maxra.de, which is much clunkier even than wotbstars, but gives different information. I think wotbstars is less random and more self-selecting, so biased towards higher stat players, but ICBW. I prefer blitzstars, because the UI is nicer and it's responsive. 

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

VonPottypoop #3 Posted 09 August 2017 - 07:59 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 17745 battles
  • [FTC-1]
Yes I prefer Blitz stars for its ease of reading. Wotblitzstars just seams way too complicated. All I need to now is if I'm improving and what I need to work on.

​Very proud leader of the Fun-Tan-Clan 

Chairman_merpug #4 Posted 09 August 2017 - 08:03 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 39660 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostVonPottypoop, on 09 August 2017 - 07:59 PM, said:

Yes I prefer Blitz stars for its ease of reading. Wotblitzstars just seams way too complicated. All I need to now is if I'm improving and what I need to work on.

Exactly.

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

Chairman_merpug #5 Posted 09 August 2017 - 08:06 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 39660 battles
  • [AFK]
Mind you, it all goes to pot when WG break the API, as they have at the minute...

IrmaBecx #6 Posted 09 August 2017 - 10:53 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 23637 battles
  • [IRMA]
After a while you kind of get used to one or the other, because you find the numbers you are interested in more easily. It doesn't really matter, because you'll be able to track your performance over time on either one. Personally, I prefer Blitzstars; the layout looks better, and I just find it easier to use. Also it has tank-compare, which I use almost daily working on my research projects.

Edited by IrmaBecx, 09 August 2017 - 10:54 PM.

https://twitter.com/IrmaBecx

Wat? OMG! IrmaDrivesTanks on Youtube!

The IrmaBecx School of Tank Philosophy

"Allez, bande de singes! Vous voulez vivre pour l'éternité?" - Ferdinand Foch, 8 Sep. 1914

Mjr_Eazy #7 Posted 10 August 2017 - 05:22 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 23839 battles
  • [BT_SV]
Thanks all, good to know my stats are bad cos the api is broken, not my skill :-)
Only joking, as you say they're extremely helpful and have helped my natural urge to just go steaming in although it still gets the better of me too often still.  

He who stops being better stops being good.  Oliver Cromwell I was soundly beaten, and i am the better for it.  Monty

I keep getting beaten but getting better so its all good man :harp:. Major Eazy

The_Mighty_Wombat #8 Posted 10 August 2017 - 12:42 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 35153 battles
  • [-GPA-]

Blitzstars has the intro area mainly based on recent 30days.

Then some "fun facts"

The graphs are the best part of that site.

I hate reading the tank stats on the grey area. Just not nice for reading its weird for me.

The only better part is you can break it down to more recent play periods for everything.

I prefer wotbstars.

The first area is more about the career overall.

Then you have the different stat breakdowns into tiers, classes, lines etc.

The individual tank stats I find alot easier on the eyes and nicer to read. I prefer the white and grey stripes.

The stats are the lifetime of the tank, so it can be difficult to compare new tanks vs ones you had for a very long time.

Both give similar stats, just layed out different. 

The "snapshot" on wotbstars is often overlooked, it gives groups of play periods or playperiods as a day. 

Here you can see what tanks you drove and to the standard you drove them.

Either way both sites are good with personal preference being the decider. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users