Jump to content


The Uncatchable Cromwell B Bundle


  • Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 11 August 2017 - 01:59 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 0 battles
  • 6,540
  • Member since:
    11-09-2011
Available for sale till 9:55 a.m. (UTC) on August 18.

Full news text

mrpgilbert #2 Posted 11 August 2017 - 02:08 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 28194 battles
  • 5,937
  • [AFK]
  • Member since:
    03-05-2013
Seems like a decent offer for one of the most fun tanks in the game

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it.

Be nice to me..

http://www.blitzstar...r/eu/mrpgilbert


Warren5 #3 Posted 11 August 2017 - 02:18 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 30596 battles
  • 1,055
  • [VG]
  • Member since:
    12-06-2014

View Postmrpgilbert, on 11 August 2017 - 02:08 PM, said:

Seems like a decent offer for one of the most fun tanks in the game

 

 

Except that you'll have no spare parts for it.



 


Blue_Snail #4 Posted 11 August 2017 - 02:43 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 4433 battles
  • 359
  • Member since:
    05-21-2017

View PostWarren5, on 11 August 2017 - 09:18 AM, said:

 

 

Except that you'll have no spare parts for it.

 

I agree with this.  Someone suggested that premium tanks should be offered fully equipped to make them more attractive.

Looking at BlitzStars, the Cromwell has a 50% winrate, the Cromwell B has a 60% winrate.  I wonder why.

The Blitz global wiki does not have a post for the Cromwell B, but the tank stats should be close to identical.

I guess the winrate difference would be that generally more experienced players run the Cromwell B.

I have it in WoT, where most folks call the Cromwell B the "Bromwell".  Its quite good in experienced hands.

In my early days, I did horribly in the Cromwell.  :child:


Edited by Blue_Snail, 11 August 2017 - 02:57 PM.


 


Tijgerhaai_XIV #5 Posted 11 August 2017 - 02:52 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 6158 battles
  • 1,108
  • [ALBA]
  • Member since:
    06-08-2016
The difference between the two does not seem that big to me. I guess people grind the Bromwell more should be able to se that from average number of games.

For me, I noobed out in the premium barely managing to break 50% for the first hundred battles. Things went much smoother with the vanilla flavour. But I suppose more credits is the point, regardless of which is better.

 


sk8xtrm #6 Posted 11 August 2017 - 03:13 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Community Contributor
  • 35497 battles
  • 1,630
  • [REQ]
  • Member since:
    07-10-2014

View PostTijgerhaai_XIV, on 11 August 2017 - 02:52 PM, said:

The difference between the two does not seem that big to me. I guess people grind the Bromwell more should be able to se that from average number of games.

 

 

I think the Cromwell B is considerably better than the normal Cromwell.  The differences seem minor but do amount to a much better tank. The Cromwell B runs the Mk V gun except on the Cromwell B it has 145mm pen and on the Cromwell it has 91 Pen so nobody uses this gun on the Cromwell due to the lack of the pen. This makes a huge difference because the top gun on the Cromwell has 8 degrees of gun depression but the Cromwell B has 13 degrees of gun depression, The B is devastating of ridge lines. Other differences worth noting would include 43mm of side armour on the B instead of 32 that the Cromwell has, this stops certain gun auto penning regardless of angle etc

 

If your in the market for a tier 6 premium medium you really cannot go wrong with these, great little tank.

All the differences are outlined in this vid I did a while ago



mrpgilbert #7 Posted 11 August 2017 - 03:24 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 28194 battles
  • 5,937
  • [AFK]
  • Member since:
    03-05-2013

View PostWarren5, on 11 August 2017 - 02:18 PM, said:

 

 

Except that you'll have no spare parts for it.

 

One of the tanks I kitted out straight away.

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it.

Be nice to me..

http://www.blitzstar...r/eu/mrpgilbert


Verblonde #8 Posted 11 August 2017 - 06:27 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 4619 battles
  • 277
  • [9TH]
  • Member since:
    02-02-2015
Sorely tempted, but then I remember: I don't have any &^%$@@! spare parts to equip it with!

That'll be a 'no' then...

I can't believe WG really aren't going to fix the spare parts/timers rat-f*ck; it's unbelievable!

Verblonde #9 Posted 11 August 2017 - 06:30 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 4619 battles
  • 277
  • [9TH]
  • Member since:
    02-02-2015

Extra: even if I was content to play the thing with only the first row of equipment unlocked, I would *still* have to wait ages (at Tier 6 - three days +/-?) for the sodding timers to count down.

This sort of thing is an 'instant gratification' thing: you buy, you play. WG: why would I make a purchase like that if I have to wait days for the thing to be even remotely competitive i.e. first row only?!

 

Edit: I have no moral fibre - I can wait 24 hours to equip the first row. Dammit, I wasn't going to give WG my money. Dammit. I feel dirty now...


Edited by Verblonde, 11 August 2017 - 07:25 PM.


mrpgilbert #10 Posted 11 August 2017 - 07:45 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 28194 battles
  • 5,937
  • [AFK]
  • Member since:
    03-05-2013
It's going to be perfectly competitive without the equipment, because you're a decent player. Head games. It's a great tank.

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it.

Be nice to me..

http://www.blitzstar...r/eu/mrpgilbert


MarsIsBrightTonight #11 Posted 12 August 2017 - 12:05 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 14090 battles
  • 333
  • [OBB]
  • Member since:
    11-03-2016

See, now this is how you make them. A tank that's worth driving, its garage slot, an appetizing side serving of gold - not some lame boosters that are of no use as my tanks are all fulled (and I can find them in a chest for free anyway).

I'm still on the sideline as I have the tech tree Cromwell but if you see me driving a Berlin in the next days you'll know i've fallen for it.


"So the game is now unbalanced since it's not you and your overpowered Soviet TD against a bunch of inexperienced players anymore.
That totally explains why you're leaving... the thrill has gone." (#BYEWG!THX4FUN)


Dans79Vet #12 Posted 12 August 2017 - 08:17 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 30498 battles
  • 1,389
  • [-GNA-]
  • Member since:
    11-07-2014

This is a good tank.

Great gun depression, quick and is better then the standard cromwell.

As a premium tank it makes good credits too.

Bundle is good with gold and premium time, not boosters. [Edited] hate seeing boosters in bundles.

This is worth it.


2017 Blitz Fair is on par with Patch3.8 equipment change.... Fking Broken.  2017 has been the worst year for Blitz, fire who ever has these stupid ideas. Due to this WoW Blitz will never see a $ of mine.


sixty_three #13 Posted 12 August 2017 - 11:44 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 7619 battles
  • 601
  • Member since:
    04-29-2017

Very recently I started playing at tier VI; I'm currently using a T-34/85 to learn the ropes.

I don't have any light tanks at tier V, but I am enjoying the A20 and Covenanter at tier IV.  

Question: is this a rare offer, i.e. when did the Cromwell B last go on sale?

If it is rare, I'd be tempted to buy one now, and then wait until I could play it without embarrassing myself or the tank.  But if it's likely to be on offer again in six or so months, I'd wait.

 

 

 

 


Edited by sixty_three, 12 August 2017 - 11:44 AM.

For my military knowledge, though I'm plucky and adventury,
Has only been brought down to the beginning of the century;
But still in matters vegetable, animal, and mineral,
I am the very model of a modern Major-General.

MarsIsBrightTonight #14 Posted 12 August 2017 - 01:17 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 14090 battles
  • 333
  • [OBB]
  • Member since:
    11-03-2016

View Postsixty_three, on 12 August 2017 - 11:44 AM, s

Question: is this a rare offer, i.e. when did the Cromwell B last go on sale?

To "learn the ropes" with the Crommie I don't know if the T-34-85 is any good... different drive, gun handling, the works.

IIRC the Bromwell has been on sale twice in the last year (bundled with the IS.2 in november for 50€, and it could be found in crates in the january Blitz Fair). This seems the fairest deal so far... if you're okay with the price.


"So the game is now unbalanced since it's not you and your overpowered Soviet TD against a bunch of inexperienced players anymore.
That totally explains why you're leaving... the thrill has gone." (#BYEWG!THX4FUN)


sixty_three #15 Posted 12 August 2017 - 02:34 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 7619 battles
  • 601
  • Member since:
    04-29-2017

View PostMarsIsBrightTonight, on 12 August 2017 - 01:17 PM, said:

To "learn the ropes" with the Crommie I don't know if the T-34-85 is any good... different drive, gun handling, the works.

IIRC the Bromwell has been on sale twice in the last year (bundled with the IS.2 in november for 50€, and it could be found in crates in the january Blitz Fair). This seems the fairest deal so far... if you're okay with the price.

 

Well it would easily be the single most expensive tank I've bought (only had the Valentine II and Matilda IV (on sale)). However I would like a tier VI tank as my final premium purchase, and nothing that is always available at tier VI is of interest to me.

 

I'll sleep on it...and thanks for your prompt and helpful reply.

 


For my military knowledge, though I'm plucky and adventury,
Has only been brought down to the beginning of the century;
But still in matters vegetable, animal, and mineral,
I am the very model of a modern Major-General.

Blue_Snail #16 Posted 13 August 2017 - 12:00 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 4433 battles
  • 359
  • Member since:
    05-21-2017

View PostVerblonde, on 11 August 2017 - 01:30 PM, said:

Extra: even if I was content to play the thing with only the first row of equipment unlocked, I would *still* have to wait ages (at Tier 6 - three days +/-?) for the sodding timers to count down.

This sort of thing is an 'instant gratification' thing: you buy, you play. WG: why would I make a purchase like that if I have to wait days for the thing to be even remotely competitive i.e. first row only?!

 

Edit: I have no moral fibre - I can wait 24 hours to equip the first row. Dammit, I wasn't going to give WG my money. Dammit. I feel dirty now...

 

Hehe,  you gave in good buddy.  .:D

Well, I can understand.  I spend a lot on WoT NA, then not quite so much on WoT EU.:coin:

Thus, by the time I got to Blitz, I had grown very frugal. Ebeneezer Scrooge is my uncle.

I have spent a bit on Blitz, also, though I really restrain myself.

The Bromwell looks like a good buy, but I have learned that I already have more tanks than I can run.

Plus I pay close attention to what I kind of play I really enjoy.

The T1 Cunningham and Cruiser III are still two of my favorite tanks.

I am putting in a bit of effort to climb the tiers, but its not a high priority.:child:


Edited by Blue_Snail, 13 August 2017 - 12:01 AM.


 


Bada__Bing #17 Posted 13 August 2017 - 08:17 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 6095 battles
  • 253
  • [B-B-B]
  • Member since:
    09-22-2016

View Postsixty_three, on 12 August 2017 - 11:44 AM, said:

Very recently I started playing at tier VI; I'm currently using a T-34/85 to learn the ropes.

I don't have any light tanks at tier V, but I am enjoying the A20 and Covenanter at tier IV.  

Question: is this a rare offer, i.e. when did the Cromwell B last go on sale?

If it is rare, I'd be tempted to buy one now, and then wait until I could play it without embarrassing myself or the tank.  But if it's likely to be on offer again in six or so months, I'd wait.

 

 

 

 

 

The Cromwell B will probably go on sale again at some point but it could be as the Berlin quartet and that will be expensive. Buy it now , let it sit until you're ready for it and throw some spare parts at it over the next few months. If you like the Covenanter you'll love the Cromwell B. It's guaranteed to put a smile on your face.

Tijgerhaai_XIV #18 Posted 14 August 2017 - 11:05 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 6158 battles
  • 1,108
  • [ALBA]
  • Member since:
    06-08-2016
I think they will keep selling it, price now is quite good at least of you want the camo. I paid the same for the naked tank with the camo costing five euros more , iirc.

Good tank, even for those of us that tend to like slow armoured tanks. Just great fun to drive.

 


BarbierDeTvils #19 Posted 14 August 2017 - 11:32 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 40768 battles
  • 2,932
  • [7CIE]
  • Member since:
    05-02-2015
This news is only available in French on the French forum ..... since yesterday... 4 days later ....

Better to close french Forum, it is only moderate and French community isn't a preoccupation for WG ....

Amicalement

BarbierDeTVils

 

Topic sur la rentabilité des Chars : http://forum.wotblit...alisee/#topmost (les tableaux de résultats sont dans le 3eme post du topic en page 1)


sixty_three #20 Posted 15 August 2017 - 04:54 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 7619 battles
  • 601
  • Member since:
    04-29-2017

View PostBada__Bing, on 13 August 2017 - 08:17 AM, said:

 

The Cromwell B will probably go on sale again at some point but it could be as the Berlin quartet and that will be expensive. Buy it now , let it sit until you're ready for it and throw some spare parts at it over the next few months. If you like the Covenanter you'll love the Cromwell B. It's guaranteed to put a smile on your face.

 

View PostTijgerhaai_XIV, on 14 August 2017 - 11:05 PM, said:

I think they will keep selling it, price now is quite good at least of you want the camo. I paid the same for the naked tank with the camo costing five euros more , iirc.

Good tank, even for those of us that tend to like slow armoured tanks. Just great fun to drive.

 

I am now the proud owner of a very good looking tank :)

 

 

 


For my military knowledge, though I'm plucky and adventury,
Has only been brought down to the beginning of the century;
But still in matters vegetable, animal, and mineral,
I am the very model of a modern Major-General.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users