COLLABORATION WITH WARHAMMER 40,000!

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 14 August 2017 - 05:01 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
World of Tanks Blitz will soon be visited by monstrous and unforgettable inhabitants of the Warhammer 40,000 universe, and the rage of battles will heat up!

Full news text

Colmain595 #2 Posted 14 August 2017 - 05:30 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 39188 battles
  • [KRH]
Non information with no detail.  I fear the worst.  To think WOTB might be invested with more fantasy crap saddens me.  Or, I'd like to think teams of blitz players could face off war hammer players, now that would be fun.

BarbierDeTvils #3 Posted 14 August 2017 - 05:49 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 51272 battles
  • [BOLD]
I fear about a new stupid and irrealist tank ......

Amicalement

BarbierDeTVils

Topic sur la rentabilité des Chars : http://forum.wotblit...alisee/#topmost (les tableaux de résultats sont dans le 3eme post du topic en page 1)

Verblonde #4 Posted 14 August 2017 - 06:06 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 4701 battles
  • [9TH]
Leman Russ, Predator, and Land Raiders all round...

Things like Baneblade would be just taking the pi$$.

Quite apart from having more unrealistic stuff in the game (which I can almost forgive, if it's sufficiently fun and balanced), it's going to make the game files even bigger - this will reduce further the number of devices the game will work on...

VonPottypoop #5 Posted 14 August 2017 - 07:23 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 16931 battles
  • [FTC-1]
Autumn is approaching fast so I believe that this will be the October event for Halloween. Hopefully they keep it in the already broken tier 7.

​Very proud leader of the Fun-Tan-Clan 

RRBuilderYT #6 Posted 14 August 2017 - 09:27 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 12207 battles
  • [ALBAC]
Oh noes i hope we wont be bombarded with fantasy tanks again... i was in a good mood after seeing the 4.1 update and better dmg indicators nvm... nothing can stay perfect in a universe run by RNG and the money cantered WG

"Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” -George Carlin    my server: https://discord.gg/5HngsZB

romsitsa #7 Posted 14 August 2017 - 09:29 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 41500 battles
  • [VG]

WH40k? Hope they add an Imperator class Titan.

A

Chairman_merpug #8 Posted 14 August 2017 - 09:29 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 36785 battles
  • [AFK]
I refer the honourable dev to my previous suggestion of a "hardcore" version of the app to keep us old gits who don't want the fantasy tanks happy. It's a simple fork, I think.

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

Tijgerhaai_XIV #9 Posted 14 August 2017 - 11:09 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 9415 battles
  • [ALBA]
No glowing outline, no fantasy tanks, friendly fire, no mini map, minimal UI…

Makes me scared even thinking about it ;)

Oberst_Leutnant1 #10 Posted 15 August 2017 - 09:27 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 44944 battles
  • [CDTD]

I really hope not that the WH40k tanks meet our WW2 tanks. It would ruining the historical aspects of this game.

WG.net should develop better camo's based on WW2 tanks instead of developing sci-if tanks. 

But if they do introduce more sci-if tanks, and they will, why don't' they give them their own queue like they did with the MarkI?

This way we can choose what we want to play.

The majority only wants to play with WW2 tanks otherwise we would have installed an other tank game.

Fingers crossed I say or maybe start to search for an other game.......

jylpah #11 Posted 15 August 2017 - 12:55 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 14087 battles
  • [AFK]

One step forward to ruin a great game. When developers loose focus and vision, there is no end for useless distractions. Game companies destroy their great games on their own.

WG, your arrogance is Simply Amazing. Someday consumers will be offered an promising alternative and instead of cultivating brand love you will just plant the seeds to accelerate your core customer base's departure. You could at least gives us an option not to see the fantasy tanks in game or make it a separate game mode. 

Edited by jylpah, 15 August 2017 - 05:26 PM.

Placeholder for some catchy slogan

Jylpah @EU  Jylpah @Asia  Tier V-X Tank Ranking   Blitz-tools   

Verblonde #12 Posted 15 August 2017 - 12:55 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 4701 battles
  • [9TH]
My feeling: a separate game mode, with only 40K vehicles in it would be fine; putting 40K vehicles in the regular game would be rather less so....

Arth_Vader #13 Posted 15 August 2017 - 01:29 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 12900 battles
  • [VG]

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

....make this WH/fantasy stuff an option like supremacy.

Some people might not mind it, but many will.

And put lupus, helsing, Dracula, nameless, gnome tank in the fantasy battles too.

i have them all, but they shouldn't be in the mix with Panthers, Comets and Tigers.

Cant you see that??????

Acids_Burn #14 Posted 15 August 2017 - 03:25 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 34536 battles
  • [EMRS]
Guys there is absolutely no point in begging and pleading, nor in threatening. And here is why:

"Community Manager Zloydd on "non-historical" issue:

A small note to clear misunderstandings.

No doubts, such partnerships are not gonna be liked by everyone (although we haven't yet announced what will it be in the case of Warhammer). Traditionally, most of our forum regulars love historical theme, and that is fine. However, in this situation it is necessary to understand that the historical tanks were being added, are being added and will be added in the game as new branches and a new nations, and introduction of Sega tanks or others in no way would affect the production of new historical vehicles and even more so would not affect the other features being developed.

Therefore, do not be so critical to collaborations like that. Yes, we are World of Tanks, but in the case of Blitz - it has been for quite some time not only the tanks of the World War II. I fully understand why it can cause dissatisfaction, but the industry is not standing still and we chose this path to go with our game. From one hand all that are experiments, from another - necessity for a mobile game.

I understand that this post will be criticized in all possible ways. But in that case, the discussion would be over very soon, because no one is going to cancel anything. Yes, you might be dissatisfied (some might even decide to threaten), but if that would be fine and understandable in case of new equipment, for example, and we are still working hard on changes for the better. But in case of collaborations, dissatisfaction is simply your personal perception of fantasy vehicles which can not possibly lead to any changes.

Peace out and good night."

Edited by Acids_Burn, 15 August 2017 - 03:25 PM.

I do know that the way i express myself to some, if not most, people sound a bit too...aggressive? salty? rude?... but this is the way i speak and the way my thought train rolls...so...yeah...i'm not trying to insult anyone or pick up any fights.

">http://www.blitzstar...u/532956899.png[/img][/url]                    

Colmain595 #15 Posted 15 August 2017 - 03:50 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 39188 battles
  • [KRH]
It's a shame because I'd just started spending again after 3.8.  Personally, for me at least, no more spending on WG.  I always knew that they don't really listen to the player/customer base.  This attitude (and it is an attitude), which clearly comes through in the message  from Zloydd, is for me the tipping point.  I won't leave simply because I've bought a lot of tanks over the years and can still play them.  But I won't be spending any more money (shame because I liked the look of the new 183 camo).  I might even set myself a new challenge once the fantasy tanks cone in, see how long it takes to get my WR down to 0 and keep it there, every game with a fantasy tank in it, trash/throw or subvert the match sone how, could be fun.  I could even try and become a seal clubber of fantasy tanks. 

Edited by Colmain595, 15 August 2017 - 03:52 PM.

Verblonde #16 Posted 15 August 2017 - 06:41 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 4701 battles
  • [9TH]

This Zloydd person is clearly the most enthusiastic emulator of Onan under the known sky; however, he has done us a favour in that we now can have no allusions as to how WG view their customers i.e. utter contempt.

Colmain's idea sounds fun - as well as not spending any money, let's do our utmost to royally muck up any game where we see any of these new fantasy tanks. If *everyone* tries to slaughter them at the first opportunity, and at the expense of all else (including winning, missions etc), I suspect the experiment is unlikely to be repeated...

Also, does the reputation thing in game do anything? I would suggest a down-vote for anyone who fields a 40K tank...?

Colmain595 #17 Posted 15 August 2017 - 07:19 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 39188 battles
  • [KRH]
I'm up for that.  In any match where a fantasy tank(s) appear, forget the game.  Just go all out to kill them.  Hell if they are on your team, throw the match.  

Verblonde #18 Posted 15 August 2017 - 07:25 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 4701 battles
  • [9TH]

I think the best chance for an effective message is to target 40K vehicles in this way; I would guess that the bulk of players are used to the older ones (Tankenstein etc), so something that clearly says 'enough is enough' might get enough support to be noticeable....?

hson_hson #19 Posted 15 August 2017 - 07:29 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 30339 battles
  • [VLNT]

View PostVerblonde, on 15 August 2017 - 07:43 PM, said:

Also, does the reputation thing in game do anything?

Get enough of them and you get a ban ( seen people I have reported get bans)

Verblonde #20 Posted 15 August 2017 - 08:55 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 4701 battles
  • [9TH]

View Posthson_hson, on 15 August 2017 - 02:29 PM, said:

Get enough of them and you get a ban ( seen people I have reported get bans)

So, if we report everyone we see in a 40K vehicle (until we run out of negatives to assign), WG will have to waste time (and so money) sorting out who should really be banned, and who is just being trolled for WG's stupid decision?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users