• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

Bada__Bing #41 Posted 21 August 2017 - 01:50 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 6122 battles
  • [B-B-B]

View PostMark_Collins, on 21 August 2017 - 01:28 PM, said:

Then I would say that you should feel free to spend your own hard earned cash in any manner you like, even buying something like that.

I would then promptly ignore the tellytubby army as it doesn't fit MY idea of what 40k is about.

I would not however have a tantrum, threaten to quit playing and look for a way to make life difficult for those that did choose to play such an army.

I like the idea of 40k vehicles. Others don't. Each to their own.

You're missing the point, in 40k the tabletop game you are free to choose your army and fight against opponents of your choice. You have no such option when you hit the battle button in blitz unless ( and it's already been said this is not possible ) there's an opt out button like supremacy.

Mark_Collins #42 Posted 22 August 2017 - 12:47 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 14828 battles
  • [GRAVE]

View PostBada__Bing, on 21 August 2017 - 01:50 PM, said:

You're missing the point, in 40k the tabletop game you are free to choose your army and fight against opponents of your choice. You have no such option when you hit the battle button in blitz unless ( and it's already been said this is not possible ) there's an opt out button like supremacy.

Not really. You asked about a tellytubby army in 40k. You didn't say anything about blitz :-p

I understand your point and think that an opt-out, or opt-in as the case may be, button would solve the perceived problem here.

However, since they have, as you just pointed out, said that this is not an option then you either have to just put up with it or else stop playing.

Either way it is certainly not fair to penalise those that choose to take advantage of a new feature in the game simply because you are unhappy with WG choices.

And if, as I suspect, you have to pay a fair wodge of dosh to actually get the 40k vehicles I would imagine that the game will not be inundated with them. Perhaps an initial rush, as with the French TDs when they came out, then a gradual dropping off until only hard core fans are left driving them......

Alea Iacta Est

Bada__Bing #43 Posted 22 August 2017 - 02:01 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 6122 battles
  • [B-B-B]

View PostMark_Collins, on 22 August 2017 - 12:47 PM, said:

Not really. You asked about a tellytubby army in 40k. You didn't say anything about blitz :-p

I understand your point and think that an opt-out, or opt-in as the case may be, button would solve the perceived problem here.

However, since they have, as you just pointed out, said that this is not an option then you either have to just put up with it or else stop playing.

Either way it is certainly not fair to penalise those that choose to take advantage of a new feature in the game simply because you are unhappy with WG choices.

And if, as I suspect, you have to pay a fair wodge of dosh to actually get the 40k vehicles I would imagine that the game will not be inundated with them. Perhaps an initial rush, as with the French TDs when they came out, then a gradual dropping off until only hard core fans are left driving them......

Finally something we agree on. There's no need for anyone else to penalise anyone who takes up the 40k vehicles, a WG / GW collaboration will ensure the price for these tanks will be harsh enough.

Birdistheword15 #44 Posted 22 August 2017 - 06:35 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 36061 battles
  • [BRIT6]

My point exactly. Its does not make sense to keep marketing and pumping out loss leaders like fantasy tanks.

Verblonde #45 Posted 22 August 2017 - 07:20 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 4619 battles
  • [9TH]
For the 40K fans: introducing 40K tanks to Blitz is the approximate equivalent (for fans of semi-realistic AFVs) of adding a bit in the Space Marine codex requiring all Imperial Armies to field a Q T McWhiskers in their legions...

There really is a massive difference between things like E50Ms, Tiger Is with long 88s, and a soddin' Land Raider!

LordStyphon #46 Posted 15 September 2017 - 07:51 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 11149 battles
  • [H0S]

View PostColmain595, on 14 August 2017 - 06:30 PM, said:

Non information with no detail.  I fear the worst.  To think WOTB might be invested with more fantasy crap saddens me.  Or, I'd like to think teams of blitz players could face off war hammer players, now that would be fun.

Please, please don't destroy the game, just consentrate on new maps and realistic tanks.

The most will be happy.

Lord Styphon ~ Founder of House Of Styphon [H0S]  "If you are going through Hell, keep going."

^^PREMIUM TANKS IN GARAGE *Tier II: T7 Car ~ Tetrarch *Tier III: Großtraktor ~ M3 Light ~ BT-7 Artillery ~ SU-76I Ice Clow ~  *Tier IV: Valentine II ~ A-32 ~ AC 1 Sentinel ~ Hetzer Kame SP *Tier V: M4A2E4 ~ T14 ~ Pz. V/IV ~ Matilda BP ~ Angry Connor ~ Pz. IV Anko SP *Tier VI: Fury ~ Pz. IV S. ~ Dicker Max ~ T-34-85 Victory ~ Cromwell B ~ Kuro Mori Mine *Tier VII: E 25 "#1" ~ T-34-85 Rudy ~ Edelweiss ~ T6 Dracula *Tier VIII: Löwe ~ JgTig.8.8 cm (2015) ~ AMX CDC *Tier X: M60 ^^^ ELITE TANKS IN GARAGE U.S.A. All Tier I-VIIGERMANY All Tier I-VII: U.S.S.RAll Tier I-VII+VIII: KV-4 ~ IS-3 +IX: ST-1 +X: IS-4 U.K. All Tier I-VII: JAPAN All Tier I-VII FRANCE All Tier I-VII:

Forsaken__ #47 Posted 17 September 2017 - 12:34 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 12205 battles
  • [_RES_]
Can't be worse then Lupus...

YouTube channel : https://www.youtube....

"Pleased to meet you, hope you guessed my name" - Mick Jagger

17ares #48 Posted 17 September 2017 - 12:58 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 23132 battles
  • [101]

View Postsaulroberts, on 17 September 2017 - 12:34 PM, said:

Can't be worse then Lupus...

Are yo sure after t49a rockets plague? I hope you are right.

_AdrianT_ #49 Posted 21 September 2017 - 04:15 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 21414 battles
  • [-BRT-]

It is coming, but in a new map - does that mean the war hammer tanks will not get in the way in the normal ww2 blitz? Or will ck it up like the other ridiculous fantasy tanks?

Bada__Bing #50 Posted 21 September 2017 - 04:23 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 6122 battles
  • [B-B-B]

View Post_AdrianT_, on 21 September 2017 - 04:15 PM, said:

It is coming, but in a new map - does that mean the war hammer tanks will not get in the way in the normal ww2 blitz? Or will ck it up like the other ridiculous fantasy tanks?

I'm guessing that just to make the historical fans feel even less welcome they literally throw us into an alien environment with these silly new tanks

VonPottypoop #51 Posted 21 September 2017 - 04:28 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 10880 battles
  • [FTC-1]

Well the two tanks in the video are for the next update which will coincide with Halloween so my bet is them two tanks are for that event. Will there be more? Who knows?

​Very proud leader of the Fun-Tan-Clan 

17ares #52 Posted 21 September 2017 - 04:38 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 23132 battles
  • [101]
After atgm 49 plague we will have hammer plague. Thanks WG.

Mjr_Eazy #53 Posted 21 September 2017 - 06:10 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 8075 battles
  • [BT_SV]

Fingers crossed the new map means they get to play on another planet and just against other WarHammer 40k tanks

Altho I know that is a forlorn hope :angry:

He who stops being better stops being good.  Oliver Cromwell I was soundly beaten, and i am the better for it.  Monty

I keep getting beaten but getting better so its all good man :harp:. Major Eazy

_FATZKE_ #54 Posted 21 September 2017 - 06:47 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 2165 battles
http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Imperial_Tanks

Forsaken__ #55 Posted 21 September 2017 - 07:00 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 12205 battles
  • [_RES_]

Here they are :

https://tof.cx/image/DPEow
https://tof.cx/image/DPrbU

YouTube channel : https://www.youtube....

"Pleased to meet you, hope you guessed my name" - Mick Jagger

VonPottypoop #56 Posted 21 September 2017 - 08:32 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 10880 battles
  • [FTC-1]

View PostMjr_Eazy, on 21 September 2017 - 06:10 PM, said:

Fingers crossed the new map means they get to play on another planet and just against other WarHammer 40k tanks

Altho I know that is a forlorn hope :angry:

let's not forget that for Halloween last year they had a new map for just the event, it was Rockfield in a kind of dark way with electric beams going into the sky with other strange and spooky futuristic things. I kind of liked that map.:ohmy:

​Very proud leader of the Fun-Tan-Clan 

mrpgilbert #57 Posted 22 September 2017 - 08:34 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 28287 battles
  • [AFK]
All looks good; separate map, separate MM, just like the MkI last year. Solves any balancing issues for the devs, means the tanks aren't in the main game. Cross fertilisation between the two platforms is no doubt intended to increase the playerbase of both.

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it.

Be nice to me..

http://www.blitzstar...r/eu/mrpgilbert

sixty_three #58 Posted 22 September 2017 - 09:09 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 7638 battles

View PostVonPottypoop, on 21 September 2017 - 08:32 PM, said:

let's not forget that for Halloween last year they had a new map for just the event, it was Rockfield in a kind of dark way with electric beams going into the sky with other strange and spooky futuristic things. I kind of liked that map.:ohmy:

View Postmrpgilbert, on 22 September 2017 - 08:34 AM, said:

All looks good; separate map, separate MM, just like the MkI last year. Solves any balancing issues for the devs, means the tanks aren't in the main game. Cross fertilisation between the two platforms is no doubt intended to increase the playerbase of both.

I haven't played the game long enough to experience any event where special vehicles/maps are kept separate.  Just to clarify then please, after these events were completed, did the special tanks just vanish? Or at least remained unplayable in the standard game? (I could understand it if somebody wanted to keep them in their garage and just use them in a training room).

Cheers

For my military knowledge, though I'm plucky and adventury,
Has only been brought down to the beginning of the century;
But still in matters vegetable, animal, and mineral,
I am the very model of a modern Major-General.

romsitsa #59 Posted 22 September 2017 - 09:25 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 34602 battles
  • [VG]

Hello,

there was one special vehicle event till today, the Mk I (ww1 tank lookalike). It was available till the event lasted, it had a seperate MM (facing only other Mk I-s) and could be played only on one specific map. After the event all Mk I-s were withdrawn from players.

The Halloween map was playable for all vehicles during the Halloween event, then the map was withdrawn.

The WH40k event will most likely happen on a seperate map and only between WH40k vehicles. After the event the map and vehicles will dissapear (imho), maybe we can keep the garage slots.

A

Edited by romsitsa, 22 September 2017 - 09:25 AM.

mrpgilbert #60 Posted 22 September 2017 - 09:42 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 28287 battles
  • [AFK]

View Postromsitsa, on 22 September 2017 - 09:25 AM, said:

Hello,

there was one special vehicle event till today, the Mk I (ww1 tank lookalike). It was available till the event lasted, it had a seperate MM (facing only other Mk I-s) and could be played only on one specific map. After the event all Mk I-s were withdrawn from players.

The Halloween map was playable for all vehicles during the Halloween event, then the map was withdrawn.

The WH40k event will most likely happen on a seperate map and only between WH40k vehicles. After the event the map and vehicles will dissapear (imho), maybe we can keep the garage slots.

A

That's what I was thinking. If they have rockets, then everyone has rockets and it's going to be fun.

They do seem to change Rockfield on a regular basis. Maybe Mayan Temple will get the treatment this year, with lots of skulls and heart operations with stone knives and no anaesthetic...

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it.

Be nice to me..

http://www.blitzstar...r/eu/mrpgilbert

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users