Update 4.1 General Feedback

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

MarkAurellien #21 Posted 17 August 2017 - 06:44 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 1841 battles
  • [DUDES]

Nota Bene : I don't speak english very well, sorry.

Good evening,

I would like an option to desactivate the chat for the two teams in random mode.

The chat for the two teams is almost useless. Players use this chat to say :

"[edited]noob teams", "omg morons", "[edited]", spamming "noob".

I dont think than seeing that in the middle of our smartphone is very fun :

Player 1(IS-3) : noob

So thanks to the Community Managers to say to Wargaming than the global chat (for the 2 teams) is almost useless.

Thanks,

MarkAurellien

Post Scriptum : I don't know where is the "Suggestions" post, so thanks for telling me...

Edited by MarkAurellien, 17 August 2017 - 06:46 PM.

La phrase ci-dessous est vraie

La phrase ci-dessus est fausse

Tanya_Fluffy_SheDevil #22 Posted 17 August 2017 - 09:33 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 32656 battles
  • [UKWAR]

New markers are crap, absolute garbage which make the game look like a cheap arcade game. But worse; they distract, and obscure aiming and view when in battle. I accept that some may find them useful, but many experienced players feel as I do. 

we wouldnt have to resort to bloody forums to complain if WG would stick to a game format, and stop feeling the ever persistent need to [edited]us over with unnecessary crapon every upgrade. If WG really want to force these dumb-[edited]changes on players, then it could be turned off in settings with a simple button. Easy, then we choose what we like. But no - we've all been fucked over again by IT nerds who have to justify their position by introducing craplike this that wasn't wanted or needed.

Will they introduce such an option button in the settings to give players the option to customise marker displays on/off? WILL THEY [edited]. 

Barkey596 #23 Posted 17 August 2017 - 09:52 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12084 battles
Crap! Half the vehicles are uncontrollable, angle of shell fire is about as much use as a chocolate teapot. Don't even mention the lag and i have to sit on my router to stop the ping rate going up like a korean rocket. Leave it alone, its a good game until you morons keep messing around with it!

The_Mighty_Wombat #24 Posted 17 August 2017 - 09:52 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 39772 battles
  • [-GNA-]

The battle damage indicators are different. At the moment I dont mind them.

For those that dont like it, they cant be turned off. This is not good. Where is the third option for "none"?

Also the platoon member indicator looks ok but I havent tested it much to see good or bad points.

Missions and Spare Parts. Sigh, another failure at executing a good idea.

Being multi tier is good as you have more options for the tank to complete the mission.

This is also helpful for poorer players as they have more chance of completing missions.

The BAD part is that the reward does not seem to increase as you increase tiers.

So complting missions at a harder level gives no extra benefits.

This has also DECREASED spare parts earnings.

Seriously, they are rare enough as it is without you decreasing the possible amounts earned.

The spare parts issue still hasent "resolved itself with time" so we are stuck waiting for them, so who needs to pay to speed up timers when it takes DAYS to earn enough spare parts for the next piece.

Barkey596 #25 Posted 17 August 2017 - 10:08 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12084 battles
Ok, just deleted the game. I've had enough. You can't control the tank because every time your finger slipps out of the circle it [edited]stops. Useless. The camera won't follow the tank or gun direction so you turn the tank and end up looking off at 90 degrees! Useless. Swihching to radial doesn't do anything, i want to get rit of the useless numbers that block my view when i'm hit. Useless. A game that has a bunch of overpaid IT weenies trying to justify their massive paycheck by [edited]things up? Useless. Fire some of them and then leave the bloody game alone. Its bad enough you took all the upgrades i EARNT and replaced them with a stupid system that lets a halfwit with a big wallet outfight you now you' ve made the game unplayable.

Xlaserdot #26 Posted 17 August 2017 - 11:55 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8177 battles
Lost for new ideas?  MARKERS!!!!! to the left of them MARKERS!!!! to the right of them MARKERS!!!! Ahead of them, now can you see how superfluous and distracting they are?!!!! (Alf Lord Tennyson spare me the enemy guns, with poor communications and poorly led, ring any bells team leaders?) Bloody red nightmare only a spamming crackthief illicit patcher would be proud of. So it's a big no to RAY markers from me.

Edited by Xlaserdot, 18 August 2017 - 12:09 AM.

jylpah #27 Posted 18 August 2017 - 07:19 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 27772 battles
  • [AFK]

Hi, This update was bit an disappointment from quality and content perspective, but I guess this always happens after summer holidays. You guys need to also have time to sail your shiny new yachts. Specific feedback: 

1. UI/Controls settings were reset on the update. I can't recall that every update resets the UI/Control settings. Please try to remember next time.
  2. The new markers are too distracting. I am going to disable those. 
  3. The platoon indicator is too distracting too. I like the idea of the both, but the implementation is too grand. 
  4. It was great news that Missions can be accomplished at any tier (well, V-X), but the reward does not change with the tier. This a major issues and may lead all the experienced folks to return to Tier V to complete missions and make the game a hell for new players in the process. Please scale the Mission awards according to tier. 
  5. In general there seems to be a reduction of Spare Parts yield rate from Missions and this was a BIG negative. This might related to #4 above
  6. I have experienced weird camera behavior close to a building and once behind a ridge. It feels "something" has changed there. The camera zoomed in/out in rapid manner and appeared confused what to do. 

BlitzAnalysiz.com  In-depth analysis of WoT Blitz game statistics

Jylpah @EU  Jylpah @Asia  Blitz-tools  

__K__Q__ #28 Posted 18 August 2017 - 07:42 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 37354 battles
  • [-KRU-]

View Posttheachy, on 17 August 2017 - 07:37 PM, said:

The only way to make me pay over 2k of gold for premium camo is a pink unicorn rainbow one.
I would run all my german heavys with it.

Yessssss totally agree, you have taste lmao

Pink Fluffy Unicorns

ColBerserki #29 Posted 18 August 2017 - 07:48 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 30576 battles
  • [SWEBA]

View PostDans79Vet, on 17 August 2017 - 09:52 PM, said:

For those that dont like it, they cant be turned off. This is not good. Where is the third option for "none"?

I set the switch to the old type, but nothing in the game actually change - the new big red/black blobs still appear.

I don't think the orange "where is my platoon mate" indicatod adds much (anything?) either - that should also be possible to disable.

Poliarny #30 Posted 18 August 2017 - 08:57 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 64589 battles
  • [BOLD]
Thanks for markers ! Best Wargaming bad idea of the year !

ancien client (15/11/2014 - 12/05/2017)

Calisota #31 Posted 18 August 2017 - 09:33 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 26692 battles
  • [SW4RM]

As many asked for camos...

I have some suggestions for other camos:

404 Ping not found

Razer Chroma

Now for real: 

Asian Tigerstripe

Woodland

Anyone who want's the camos for themselves as mod, feel free to PM me. I can give em as .pvr , .dds or .dx11 :popcorn:

And btw. I have tons of other camos like several Dazzle camos, several chinese camo, digital camo like Mil-Tec AT-Digital or A-Tacs and so on... Make suggestions and I mod them :D

Edited by Calisota, 18 August 2017 - 09:39 AM.

jylpah #32 Posted 18 August 2017 - 11:30 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 27772 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostCalisota, on 18 August 2017 - 05:33 PM, said:

404 Ping not found

Anyone who want's the camos for themselves as mod, feel free to PM me. I can give em as .pvr , .dds or .dx11 :popcorn:

And btw. I have tons of other camos like several Dazzle camos, several chinese camo, digital camo like Mil-Tec AT-Digital or A-Tacs and so on... Make suggestions and I mod them :D

If the Modded Camos would work on an non-jailbroken iPad I would definitely install the TV-calibration-screen camo to Löwe! 

Your serious camos are seriously good

Edited by jylpah, 18 August 2017 - 11:31 AM.

BlitzAnalysiz.com  In-depth analysis of WoT Blitz game statistics

Jylpah @EU  Jylpah @Asia  Blitz-tools  

__K__Q__ #33 Posted 18 August 2017 - 12:23 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 37354 battles
  • [-KRU-]

View PostCalisota, on 18 August 2017 - 10:33 AM, said:

404 Ping not found

Razer Chroma

Now for real: 

Asian Tigerstripe

Woodland

Wouw Razer Chroma looks so gorgeousssssss <3 

Pink Fluffy Unicorns

Peddy_tanj_it #34 Posted 19 August 2017 - 06:52 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 64689 battles
  • [EU]

I will try to put this very simply.

NO FANTASY TANKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hates them. 

If you have to add them due to idiocy then please create an option that allows players to opt out of battles with fantasy tanks. Or change the description of the game from world to tanks blitz to something like world of fantasy tank battles. 

I like the the game I really really do but you have been testing my resolve for a long time. Please stop now. 

There Ain't No Justice = TANJ 

ost4pops #35 Posted 19 August 2017 - 08:04 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 17934 battles
  • [IRMA]

Would be nice if you could turn off those stupid camo names..

Calisota #36 Posted 19 August 2017 - 09:23 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 26692 battles
  • [SW4RM]

View Postost4pops, on 19 August 2017 - 08:04 PM, said:

Would be nice if you could turn off those stupid camo names..

So you would want the legendary camo as a camo and not also a namechanger?  

Interesting... I'm slightly pissed as the 5€ Camo for O-47 would be called ''Gundam'' and it would usually feature also an iconchange like Battle-Hardened, Iceclaw, Footballer etc. in the garage -But nouthin! 5€ for a more or less rare like camo :sceptic:

There are several others but I think I could better open an own Camoflage thread:hiding:

Let me just finish some camoflages and make some screenshots :child: I will add the file link for the camoflage then :honoring: 

romsitsa #37 Posted 20 August 2017 - 04:45 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 52653 battles
  • [VG]

Hit markers are annoying, covering up 1/4 of the screen. Also useless, who cares how much damage a hit caused when there is a HP bar? Arrow design is more annoying than radial.

At least there should be an option to switch it off.

A

Zawisiak #38 Posted 20 August 2017 - 06:13 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 10625 battles
Hello everyone.
I'M from Polish forum, our mods left and still we dont have anybody. We still have old 4.1 news.
WG STUFF If YOU READ THIS MOBILIZE OUR LOVELY POLISH MODS
thank you

Just_merpug #39 Posted 20 August 2017 - 08:39 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 59466 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostZawisiak, on 20 August 2017 - 06:13 PM, said:

Hello everyone.
I'M from Polish forum, our mods left and still we dont have anybody. We still have old 4.1 news.
WG STUFF If YOU READ THIS MOBILIZE OUR LOVELY POLISH MODS
thank you

Hy! All we have now are a couple of Russian Devs covering the world with Google Translate. AFAICT. So there aren't really any mods here either.

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

Calisota #40 Posted 20 August 2017 - 09:47 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 26692 battles
  • [SW4RM]

View Postmrpgilbert, on 20 August 2017 - 08:39 PM, said:

Hy! All we have now are a couple of Russian Devs covering the world with Google Translate. AFAICT. So there aren't really any mods here either.

There are, but the porblem is that they have to cover the other games first - WG community staff may act where they want, but they have priorities too. Blitz is set at the very last position except for those few russian Administrators. That's all. I can even tell you a bit why: 

World of Warships:_Blitz is now entering a critical phase of release and they need to finish the servers and forums before it actually gets it's full release later this year.

Total War: Arena has now entered Closed Alpha 10 and is now free of the NDA; However everything before Closed Alpha 10 is still under NDA and WG needs to keep an eye on the streamers and communites who are now free to use Total War: Arena in the public. 

Also the Gamescom is this week and many are needed there. 

World of Warplanes got a very critical Update which mustn't fail or otherwise u could call Warplanes dead. That would be a casuality with probably more problems then you might see from now on.

Twister Cup 2 is rolling in for World of Tanks:_Blitz and this is also critical if you remember the disaster of Pingspikes, connection errors and how many times the stream had crashed. This year it needs to work properly and fine without any problems or you can be sure the community will turn this into a cringe party...

You see?

Wargaming has a lot of stuff to do at this moment and they need every man they have at the moment.

Oh, and while we are talking about staff:

All Freelancers didn't got their contract elongated which means that over half of the moderator staff is now missing. They opened an additional workplace in Sofia for the new incoming moderation and forum team.

Hope I could help you guys to understand the issues going around right now. I expect that little time of heavy complications to be gone around october and by december the situation should be all good again. - But that's just my expectation as I trust many people working for wargaming or who have worked until recently for wargaming. 

Cheers :bajan:

Oh and as an example:

Think of Wargaming like Rockstar -

There is not just Rockstar but Rockstar North, Rockstar San Diego, Rockstar Seattle, Rockstar New York, Rockstar Lincoln, Rockstar London etc. BUT(!) there is just one community. If they need a good CAD graphic engineer in Lincoln, they can ask for help from Rockstar San Diego for example but that's not as easy as you would expect from a (on first look) single company.

Same here: Wargaming EU, Wargaming Russia, Wargaming ASIA/Oceania, Wargaming NA, Wargaming Labs, etc behave like multiple studios even tho we know it as Wargaming.net and are ONE big community. Also I don'T think it was an easy step for Zloydd to work now on the other servers too. I actually don't wanna know if he even gets paid more for this extra work. So better be patient and try to understand that this unfortunate situation may not be uncomfortable for just you but also the staff and company itself. There are always two sides of a medal :great:

Edited by Calisota, 20 August 2017 - 09:57 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users