• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

Elmo_Chipshop #41 Posted 20 August 2017 - 10:00 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 23402 battles
  • [FTC-1]

View PostCalisota, on 20 August 2017 - 09:47 PM, said:

There are, but the porblem is that they have to cover the other games first - WG community staff may act where they want, but they have priorities too. Blitz is set at the very last position except for those few russian Administrators. That's all. I can even tell you a bit why: 

World of Warships:_Blitz is now entering a critical phase of release and they need to finish the servers and forums before it actually gets it's full release later this year.

Total War: Arena has now entered Closed Alpha 10 and is now free of the NDA; However everything before Closed Alpha 10 is still under NDA and WG needs to keep an eye on the streamers and communites who are now free to use Total War: Arena in the public. 

Also the Gamescom is this week and many are needed there. 

World of Warplanes got a very critical Update which mustn't fail or otherwise u could call Warplanes dead. That would be a casuality with probably more problems then you might see from now on.

Twister Cup 2 is rolling in for World of Tanks:_Blitz and this is also critical if you remember the disaster of Pingspikes, connection errors and how many times the stream had crashed. This year it needs to work properly and fine without any problems or you can be sure the community will turn this into a cringe party...

You see?

Wargaming has a lot of stuff to do at this moment and they need every man they have at the moment.

Oh, and while we are talking about staff:

All Freelancers didn't got their contract elongated which means that over half of the moderator staff is now missing. They opened an additional workplace in Sofia for the new incoming moderation and forum team.

Hope I could help you guys to understand the issues going around right now. I expect that little time of heavy complications to be gone around october and by december the situation should be all good again. - But that's just my expectation as I trust many people working for wargaming or who have worked until recently for wargaming. 

Cheers :bajan:

Oh and as an example:

Think of Wargaming like Rockstar -

There is not just Rockstar but Rockstar North, Rockstar San Diego, Rockstar Seattle, Rockstar New York, Rockstar Lincoln, Rockstar London etc. BUT(!) there is just one community. If they need a good CAD graphic engineer in Lincoln, they can ask for help from Rockstar San Diego for example but that's not as easy as you would expect from a (on first look) single company.

Same here: Wargaming EU, Wargaming Russia, Wargaming ASIA/Oceania, Wargaming NA, Wargaming Labs, etc behave like multiple studios even tho we know it as Wargaming.net and are ONE big community. Also I don'T think it was an easy step for Zloydd to work now on the other servers too. I actually don't wanna know if he even gets paid more for this extra work. So better be patient and try to understand that this unfortunate situation may not be uncomfortable for just you but also the staff and company itself. There are always two sides of a medal :great:

I think with the amount of money Wargaming make they could easily provide a better service. We are talking about a company that make Hundreds of millions in Dollars every year. Sorry but your reply just doesn't wash with me! In 2015 they made $550 million on WOT alone!

Edited by VonPottypoop, 20 August 2017 - 10:03 PM.

Tanya_Fluffy_SheDevil #42 Posted 20 August 2017 - 11:44 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 32810 battles
  • [UKWAR]

Please, please, please, please. Just give us the option to switch these new radial/ray markers off. This will not predudice any player, give anyone any advantage, impact the players who do. But please give us the choice, may even be to our disadvantage, but at least it would be our choice. HATE THEM!

Calisota #43 Posted 21 August 2017 - 05:12 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 26803 battles
  • [SW4RM]

View PostVonPottypoop, on 20 August 2017 - 10:00 PM, said:

I think with the amount of money Wargaming make they could easily provide a better service. We are talking about a company that make Hundreds of millions in Dollars every year. Sorry but your reply just doesn't wash with me! In 2015 they made $550 million on WOT alone!

I don't wanna know the costs of the servers and the maintenance. Staff cost, programming, etc. 

If they would do such an amount of profit above all costs, then why arent the staffs all millionaires yet? 

Again Rockstar example: GTA V without any addons in production had a cost of over $260M; an income of $1B in just 3 days but Rockstar is still not as wealthy as EA. Look at Mafia 3 - It's not even with GTA V in terms of graphics, engine, gameplay, drive-feeling, shooting-feels etc. It's looking boring against GTA V and now I ask you why is that so? Looks like Mafia 3 had not as much of a budget even tho Rockstar got a huge amount of money from the profit of GTA V. 

So there are costs we can't see or understand and I belive that's the same reason with any other big publisher/producer. Think of failed games. Think of maybe something like Warthunder from wargaming, with all three main titles of Wargaming combined and a production of over 4 years. It could've been in a later stage and could already be in some alpha tests and then it got canceled due to unforseen problems. The whole money input to this point would be lost - vanished - erased!(example!)

Just to name some reasons why those big numbers of $550M doesn't mean Wargaming had this as end-profit on the bankaccount and is not using a tiny bit for their customers.:coin:

Edited by Calisota, 21 August 2017 - 05:16 AM.

ZIoydd #44 Posted 21 August 2017 - 08:42 AM

Lance-corporal

• Administrator
  • 2993 battles
  • [WG]
Thanks for your feedback.

I see, many of you don't like new markers. We will discuss, how we can make markers better.

javifcrm #45 Posted 21 August 2017 - 09:56 AM

Private

• Player
  • 8534 battles
  • [DA501]
Hello, since the last update 4.1 World of tanks Blitz has stopped working. My computer is a Mac OS version El Capitan. I appreciate any help in solving it. Thank you

llo1 #46 Posted 21 August 2017 - 10:16 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 32356 battles
  • [1RTR]

Sorry Zloydd, update is same as every other one with respect to lag.

When are you going to fix it, or at least improve It significantly?

I am still driving in circles, keep moving with no control, shoot blanks, or miss totally a tank at 90 degrees, and within a couple of meters.

Edited by llo1, 21 August 2017 - 10:18 PM.

ZIoydd #47 Posted 22 August 2017 - 01:26 PM

Lance-corporal

• Administrator
  • 2993 battles
  • [WG]

View Postllo1, on 21 August 2017 - 10:16 PM, said:

Sorry Zloydd, update is same as every other one with respect to lag.

When are you going to fix it, or at least improve It significantly?

I am still driving in circles, keep moving with no control, shoot blanks, or miss totally a tank at 90 degrees, and within a couple of meters.

Hi. I think you have problem with internet connection, because we don't see massive problems.

Just_merpug #48 Posted 22 August 2017 - 03:15 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 59655 battles
  • [AFK]
Before it drops, can I ask if Android Oreo will cause problems?

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

Extra_Salty #49 Posted 22 August 2017 - 08:44 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 22795 battles
  • [C-F]

Any chances to improve boosters related UI? e.g. installed booster indicator in main garage screen or tank specific installed boosters (to install XP boosters only for tanks under research)?

I don't understand complains about ray hit indicator since you can switch to "original" arc type.

SparkVeryShuai #50 Posted 22 August 2017 - 08:46 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10546 battles
I have played around 2 years of World of Tanks Blitz. I have a few suggestion to Wargaming.net to improve the experience of this game.

1st. Enlarge the size of the map. Usually the battle of tanks is 'Melee Combat' due to the map is too small, which cannot shot enemy from bunkers. 'Melee Combat' is not always real in the real world. So that's is the reason to enlarge the map size. I would suggest enlarge x1.5 of current one.

2nd. Increasing the number of players in one battle. I would to suggest 10 vs 10. The current battle is 7 vs 7. 

For example, if 2 players go to right side at the begin of a battle and another 5 go to left, besides enemies all got to 2 players' side, then the right side 2 player was killed by enemies. At this point, this game is 5vs7, the 5 players' team has higher possibility to lose.

Another example is, if 3 players go to left side, and 4 players go to right side, which is too few tanks to defend the front.

These are my all suggestions.

Kind Regards,
Spark

llo1 #51 Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:17 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 32356 battles
  • [1RTR]

View PostZloydd, on 22 August 2017 - 01:26 PM, said:

Hi. I think you have problem with internet connection, because we don't see massive problems.

True, but the pingplotter reports always say it is NOT my side of the connection and only makes an appearance as it gets towards WG servers!

ZIoydd #52 Posted 23 August 2017 - 07:18 AM

Lance-corporal

• Administrator
  • 2993 battles
  • [WG]

View PostVarpusenI, on 22 August 2017 - 08:44 PM, said:

Any chances to improve boosters related UI? e.g. installed booster indicator in main garage screen or tank specific installed boosters (to install XP boosters only for tanks under research)?

I don't understand complains about ray hit indicator since you can switch to "original" arc type.

We plan to remake boosters UI.

ColBerserki #53 Posted 23 August 2017 - 12:04 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 30664 battles
  • [SWEBA]

View PostZloydd, on 21 August 2017 - 08:42 AM, said:

Thanks for your feedback.

I see, many of you don't like new markers. We will discuss, how we can make markers better.

And while you are doing this, an option to turn them off completely would be nice as well.

BigMac60 #54 Posted 23 August 2017 - 01:21 PM

Private

• Player
  • 21365 battles
  • [NMSYS]
I think the mission change in the latest update is a massive improvement , less emphasis on buying larger tanks more about playing the game. 

Col_Foster #55 Posted 23 August 2017 - 10:46 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 71890 battles
  • [WASP-]
I agree about the Fantasy tanks, please give them their own game at least with a real tank you know where to hit. Also bigger maps would be better and say 10 minutes long.

Clan leader.

Tijgerhaai_XIV #56 Posted 24 August 2017 - 05:29 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 12554 battles
  • [ALBA]

View Postllo1, on 22 August 2017 - 11:17 PM, said:

True, but the pingplotter reports always say it is NOT my side of the connection and only makes an appearance as it gets towards WG servers!

That does not make sense. The whole connection is controlled by your ISP. For it to be WG's fault, the routing  should show no lag. If it does, that is proof that it is not a server issue but one with the connection.

Titus_Scato #57 Posted 24 August 2017 - 02:47 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 42260 battles
  • [RTR]

There are a lot of complaints about the T49 being OP, and also a lot of replies about it not being OP because of the poor armour.

I had an idea for making the T49 a lot more fun to play, but also a lot easier to kill if you know what you are doing. More OP, and more UP, at the same time. (And, it's an historically-based idea, as I'm that kind of person.)

The idea was -

• BUFF the T49's alpha damage so it's in line with the Russian 152mm guns, which is where it should be, given the calibre of the gun.
  • NERF the T49's DPM by cutting its rate of fire by 50%.  That would give it lower RoF and DPM than the KV-2.
  • NERF the T49's ammo rack damage resistance to almost zero. Making it extremely, EXTREMELY prone to being ammo-racked! One penetrating hit in an ammo rack - JUST ONE HIT - by any type of shell - in either the small rack in the left side of the turret, or the big rack in the right front of the hull - and the T49 immediately blows up! (With a chance for survival if the ammo racks are protected by consumable and equipment choices.)

So the T49 becomes a terrifying, damage-dealing, game-winning monster in the right hands - but also the most fragile, absolute glassiest of all glass cannons to an intelligent enemy with an accurate gun, or a lucky enemy!

(This is based on the real history of the Sheridan, which used highly combustible caseless 152mm shells - any sparks in the vicinity of the ammo racks, and the Sheridan was extremely liable to catch fire and blow up. The Sheridan crews would actually bail out immediately if the crew compartment took a hit from a shell or an RPG, just in case.)

Edited by Titus_Scato, 28 August 2017 - 08:31 AM.

romsitsa #58 Posted 24 August 2017 - 03:54 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 52653 battles
  • [VG]

It's an M41 hull with a M551 turret, why would you modify its data?

A

Calisota #59 Posted 24 August 2017 - 04:43 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 26803 battles
  • [SW4RM]

Because it can't be the standart for a T49 toon to dominate the enemy team by speeding in, giving ammorecks and disappearing before anyone can turn their turret towards them.

There is usually at least one ammoreck from a T49 in a game a T49 joins the fight. It's so deeply annoying that I completely ignore Tier VII and VIII - It's broken with the tank as it is right now. 

I drove with a friend and he said via Discord "Oh, another T49.. I'll ammoreck him" and then he even posted it in the global gamechat and what happened? they met on the medlane and Boom the other T49 went up like polish new years cracker. 

I call it gamebreaking when a light tank with 50+kph just shoots a HE on my 280mm T34 turretfront and kills my driver, my commander, my 2 loader and wounds the gunner and recks the turret control, critically hits the gastanks and ammostorage and sets me on fire... That's just EDITED , nothing more! I've not seen anyone driving this light as a spotter - all yolo into the reds and ammorecks them or rams accidentaly an enemy and dies with 0dmg. There is just 5000dmg in Tier VIII light or 0; Never seen a good balance of this tank...

Edit: Plus they have an extreme advantage to the PC version as the maps are CQB Stylish and the ''Horrible'' aim doesnt really affect the gun as you run&gun into the reds, dealing ur dmg and run away afterwards...

On PC the unbelieveable T49 ammorecks usually are something special so they often appear in the RNG videos where a T49 'snipes' godly over the whole map and kills a tank. - On Blitz it's just the normal thing to ammoreck since the longest distance to snipe would be Oasis Palms from spawn to spawn and this is yet a joke in comparison to PC

This post has been edited by the moderation team due to swearing. 

Edited by HanZZ6, 01 September 2017 - 01:22 PM.
swearing

romsitsa #60 Posted 24 August 2017 - 06:12 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 52653 battles
  • [VG]

The same as the BT-7 Arty in tier III. But no one complains about it.

A

Edited by romsitsa, 24 August 2017 - 06:12 PM.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users