Haters gonna hate

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

TonySpoons #1 Posted 07 September 2017 - 10:39 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 3554 battles
  • [BBB_]

So I just had a good battle in my KV-1 (for me) - 1911 dmg, 4 kills, Mastery Class I, Top Gun, High Caliber and Steel Wall, and won the battle.  No gold ammo used, just playing the tank to its strengths.

Some douchebag on the other team started hurling abuse towards the end of the battle, calling us camping noobs and some such.  He then continued this abuse in the post-game chat and saying that I was 'worthless' and should just delete the game because my stats are so bad.

Now granted, I'm relatively new to the game and I've stepped back down from my rush-acquired Tiger I (which had an ~1500 WN8 after 90 battles, even if I feel I was a bit poor in it) to try and re-learn how to approach the game.  However, this idiots stats are far from stellar and he wouldn't accept this, just continuously hurling abuse saying I was worse than him (lol) seemingly claiming that 19000 battles makes him some sort of god.

Now I know haters are gonna hate, but what motivates such idiots to behave in this manner?  I've blocked him and reported him, but it can't be good for WG's business model to have idiots like that trolling?

I thought it was all quite funny.  He plays more battles in 30 days than I've ever played yet is still mediocre, I think he needs to take a look in the mirror!

Edited by TonySpoons, 07 September 2017 - 03:16 PM.

mrpgilbert #2 Posted 07 September 2017 - 11:04 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 29074 battles
  • [AFK]
Like you say, haters gonna hate. Players like that can't accept their own inability, and blame everyone else. I'd rather have you on the team...

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it.

Be nice to me..

http://www.blitzstar...r/eu/mrpgilbert

Bada__Bing #3 Posted 07 September 2017 - 12:04 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 6266 battles
  • [B-B-B]

I'm afraid you're going to encounter this from time to time, just roll with it and don't be put off. I had one the other day harassing me for not firing ( he obviously had no idea of the reload time on some of the auto loaders ). Congratulations on the class 1, you're doing just fine.

sixty_three #4 Posted 07 September 2017 - 12:47 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 8287 battles

Yes, congratulations on your great game.  You just had the misfortune to meet an envious opponent. Stay classy.

If you do find it all getting too dispiriting though, think about playing for fun at a lower tier, or take a temporary break from the game.

Tier V recently became particularly toxic.  I do wonder if the recent T49 mission had anything to do with this unhappy state of affairs.

Edited by sixty_three, 07 September 2017 - 12:48 PM.

For my military knowledge, though I'm plucky and adventury,
Has only been brought down to the beginning of the century;
But still in matters vegetable, animal, and mineral,
I am the very model of a modern Major-General.

TonySpoons #5 Posted 07 September 2017 - 02:15 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 3554 battles
  • [BBB_]

View Postsixty_three, on 07 September 2017 - 12:47 PM, said:

Yes, congratulations on your great game.  You just had the misfortune to meet an envious opponent. Stay classy.

If you do find it all getting too dispiriting though, think about playing for fun at a lower tier, or take a temporary break from the game.

Tier V recently became particularly toxic.  I do wonder if the recent T49 mission had anything to do with this unhappy state of affairs.

Didn't really find it dispiriting, more funny than anything!  Didn't realise how worked up someone could get over one game that they feel the need to trash talk to such an extent.  He didn't even have that bad a game, I seem to remember he punched above his weight in a DW2 in a tier v/iv battle.  Very strange.

Edited by TonySpoons, 07 September 2017 - 02:15 PM.

Tijgerhaai_XIV #6 Posted 07 September 2017 - 02:51 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 6965 battles
  • [ALBA]
I have had very few people get salty with me, but when they have it is always some weird thing like you flanking in a medium that annoys them. Mess up a 1vs1 and people seem ok with that.

StrikeFIN #7 Posted 07 September 2017 - 02:53 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 6725 battles
  • [AOF]
KV-1 doesn't need camping, if you did so you personally failed to get max usage from it.

Matilda BP needs more ammo, increase amount from 55 -> 60

Add 76mm L-11U upgraded gun for A-32 premium tank!

sixty_three #8 Posted 07 September 2017 - 03:49 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 8287 battles

View PostTonySpoons, on 07 September 2017 - 02:15 PM, said:

Didn't really find it dispiriting, more funny than anything!  Didn't realise how worked up someone could get over one game that they feel the need to trash talk to such an extent.  He didn't even have that bad a game, I seem to remember he punched above his weight in a DW2 in a tier v/iv battle.  Very strange.

Ah, a DW2.  That's a tank that is popular with a sub-group of very experienced tankers.  One that they use with the prime intention of winning a greater no. of games, to boost their WR % statistic.  

Edit: As your DW2 opponent lost, they probably blamed you most for reducing their WR. And hence the insults. All very childish, and yet your opponent could be of any age.  

Edited by sixty_three, 07 September 2017 - 04:00 PM.

For my military knowledge, though I'm plucky and adventury,
Has only been brought down to the beginning of the century;
But still in matters vegetable, animal, and mineral,
I am the very model of a modern Major-General.

Blue_Snail #9 Posted 07 September 2017 - 09:35 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 4433 battles

TonySpoons, in my opinion, you are doing quite well.

1) You've had a good battle;

2) You are learning how to deal with folks who like to rant.

Personally, I've learned to ignore them.  I don't even notice them anymore.

And there is the great "block" feature for the post-game chat.  Just click on their name and block them.

3) Remember, no one is your BOSS here.  Lots of people will try to tell you how to play, but they have no power to coerce you.

We all get to play this silly game however we want.

_AlbaGandalf_ #10 Posted 08 September 2017 - 05:43 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 4375 battles
  • [ALBAB]

OP

As our good friend Blue Snail has pointed out, no one is your boss here.

Haters will hate, that's life, unfortunately.

Although I had a similar experience yesterday when driving around in a Kuro. A great game for me in a Kuro, 2k+ damage and 6 kills.

Apparently I wasn't supposed to shoot the red team!

As I destroyed an ARL V39, I was told that I was being reported as I had been bouncing most shots. While the final kill of the battle was still burning the same player informed me that I was a noob.

up until that battle I had no complaints against me, afterwards I had an inactivity in battle strike.

Im still learning, I still noob, I fall victim to better players and the dreaded wolf pack tactics.

Don't worry about the keyboard warriors, this is a game, enjoy it.

Carry hard, have fun.

We all started as noobs, it's just taking me longer to grow out of it.

StinkySausage #11 Posted 08 September 2017 - 12:36 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 16089 battles
  • [STORM]

Tonyspoons it is what it is, just block and move on. Dont waste any time responding to the idiots.

one thing I did want to mention amd you may already know this but you dont just need gold to use the "gold ammo". If you press the 'shell cost' button next to it then you can pay for your ammo in credits as opposed to gold! As credits are so easily come by now with containers and the like then it makes that special ammo more within every players reach and allows you to penetrate almost any tank on the battlefield.  

Good look and good hunting my brother

JC2324 #12 Posted 08 September 2017 - 05:08 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10101 battles
  • [NCONF]
I reply only once, to idiots with the words... "Don't  be a knob-head all your life, have at least one day off!" ;) Then block em!

mrpgilbert #13 Posted 08 September 2017 - 11:23 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 29074 battles
  • [AFK]

View Postsixty_three, on 07 September 2017 - 03:49 PM, said:

Ah, a DW2.  That's a tank that is popular with a sub-group of very experienced tankers.  One that they use with the prime intention of winning a greater no. of games, to boost their WR % statistic.  

Edit: As your DW2 opponent lost, they probably blamed you most for reducing their WR. And hence the insults. All very childish, and yet your opponent could be of any age.  

Deathwagen is love. 

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it.

Be nice to me..

http://www.blitzstar...r/eu/mrpgilbert

Ellistiger #14 Posted 29 September 2017 - 12:50 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 24966 battles
  • [AFK]

View Postmrpgilbert, on 08 September 2017 - 11:23 PM, said:

Deathwagen is love. 

deathwagon is life ! :justwait:

AFK   And proud of it ! 

stevewindow79 #15 Posted 01 October 2017 - 08:00 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 25991 battles
  • [OLD]

View PostEllistiger, on 29 September 2017 - 12:50 PM, said:

deathwagon is life ! :justwait:

((((Dumpywumpy)))) 

Ellistiger #16 Posted 01 October 2017 - 08:24 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 24966 battles
  • [AFK]

View Poststevewindow79, on 01 October 2017 - 08:00 PM, said:

((((Dumpywumpy)))) 

Aww ......gotta love it ? 

AFK   And proud of it ! 

philholt101b #17 Posted 07 October 2017 - 11:24 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 4514 battles
  • [ALBA]

View PostBlue_Snail, on 07 September 2017 - 09:35 PM, said:

TonySpoons, in my opinion, you are doing quite well.

1) You've had a good battle;

2) You are learning how to deal with folks who like to rant.

Personally, I've learned to ignore them.  I don't even notice them anymore.

And there is the great "block" feature for the post-game chat.  Just click on their name and block them.

3) Remember, no one is your BOSS here.  Lots of people will try to tell you how to play, but they have no power to coerce you.

We all get to play this silly game however we want.

Got to agree with blue_snail on this one (I always seem to anyway) Some players just cannot stand to loose and will look for an excuse to blame/rant at anybody they think helped to make them loose. 

ive had plenty of abuse on here today I was a noob for rushing around in my E25 and killing 5 of them lol the kuro I killed told me that's not how you drive a TD I pointed out that if I had camped I would be an easy kill his rant got worse and got nastier ( funnier too lol) and he really didn't appreciate it when I told him that he was an easy kill lol (maybe not the best move but then hey ho) and finally he told me what he was going to do to my mother (he didn't get the you'll have to buy yourself a shovel comment hehe). The point is some in the game cannot accept somebody can and will play better than them and will always go into hate mode. I find the best way to deal with it is don't take it too seriously and try come up with a good (not nasty) reply. If they continue screen shot then convo and raise a ticket.

Good tanking OP

Edited by philholt101b, 07 October 2017 - 11:25 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users