Jump to content


Update 4.2 Feedback - New French LTs


  • Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Zloydd #1 Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:01 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Administrator
  • 425 battles
  • 44
  • [WG]
  • Member since:
    06-12-2013

Commanders,

 

Please leave your feedback regarding the new French LTs below in this topic.



VarpusenI #2 Posted 13 September 2017 - 07:22 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 13627 battles
  • 241
  • [S1917]
  • Member since:
    08-21-2016

No wonder French won the last big war.

 

Hey, where did that 1st user post (rant) disappeared?


Edited by VarpusenI, 14 September 2017 - 02:18 PM.


paladero2 #3 Posted 14 September 2017 - 08:12 AM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 25322 battles
  • 101
  • [1RTR]
  • Member since:
    12-17-2014
Remember the times when new german lights came in. So the french heavies. As WG said (not) once, everything will settle as time passes. Until then... mobilize!

Sznyper #4 Posted 14 September 2017 - 02:51 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 442 battles
  • 2
  • Member since:
    02-03-2012
AMX 38 rear and sides armour is 40 mm thick. Driving T-26 with 45 mm gun (Standard Shell Penetration 38-64) almost every shot is not penetrating. At close range, almost not angled enemy. How is it possible?

JKKpractise #5 Posted 14 September 2017 - 03:30 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 16441 battles
  • 5
  • [C13]
  • Member since:
    01-07-2017

Amx 38 and Amx 40 are ruing the fun of lower tiers. Those tanks are too strong to destroy for the most tanks between tier 3-4 ( or its extremely difficult ). This means that players will start playing more and more with those new french tanks. 

 

Those new french tanks are extremey slow and at least i think, that those slow tanks are less fun to play than faster tanks. If you cant destroy those tanks with lighter tanks, the only possible way to you is start to play with those not so fun tanks and try to enjoy decreasing fun factor. Not good at all.


Edited by JKKpractise, 17 September 2017 - 10:06 PM.


Sznyper #6 Posted 14 September 2017 - 08:35 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 442 battles
  • 2
  • Member since:
    02-03-2012

View PostJKKpractise, on 14 September 2017 - 03:30 PM, said:

If you cant destroy those tanks with lighter tanks, 

 

In theory I should be able to pentrate, even destroy (if play wisely) AMX-38 with tier lower T-26 equipped with 45 mm gun. I have enough penetration for its sides and rear. The thing is, it doesn't work!! It feels like it were 60 mm armor all-around, not only front.



Mellitro #7 Posted 14 September 2017 - 10:19 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 2922 battles
  • 14
  • [RZCG]
  • Member since:
    07-15-2017
Tier 6 could have better acceleration, didnt test 7tier or higher

Edited by Mellitro, 15 September 2017 - 01:16 AM.


sk8xtrm #8 Posted 15 September 2017 - 10:01 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Community Contributor
  • 32638 battles
  • 1,595
  • [REQ]
  • Member since:
    07-10-2014

I wish I wasn't saying this as I was so excited for this tank, like uber excited. It actually pains me to be negative on the tank as I was looking forward to it so badly. The bat chat sadly I think is under powered for its tier, It just feels like it has to many restrictions with it. It provides no fear factor, quite the opposite, its a game of kill the soft squishy tank because it is easy to kill with HE and Ram and the enemy can take out an entire tank for the sake of loosing some HP as lets be fair you will only get one clip off by the time you are rammed and smashed with HE.  

 

Gun depression and elevation are poor - I expected I am fine with


poor ammo capacity - I expected I am fine with


Poor Armour - I expected I am fine with

 

Making it a light tank I did not expect but I do like that touch as it helps the tank.  Light tanks in blitz need more medium characteristics than they do in PC as they need to be more involved in blitz.

 

The draw backs with this tank are in my head the:

 

- 3 seconds reload


- 310 alpha


- poor Pen - low ammo capacity is a characteristic of the line and a flaw of the tank so I am fine with that but considering how low its ammo capacity is, every shell needs to count - yes you can fit Calibrated shells to help counter this but that defeats the object of equipment improving tanks, rather it just about makes it acceptable, in my head should be more inline with the 155mm of pen the leo 1 gets

 

MOBILITY is very good but not really that when you compare it to a leo 1, it needs a touch more. One example: Both myself and a leo 1 had engine boost and I could not overtake the leo, it may have better power per ton than a leo but it has less effective power per ton due to worse terrain resistances.

 

All in all, its fantastic fun to play and I do like it but its not strong enough and if you want a really good strong tier X with light tank characteristics...get a leo 1
I am willing to place any bet that this tank will NEED a buff in the future, I hope it gets one.

 


Edited by sk8xtrm, 15 September 2017 - 10:02 AM.


17ares #9 Posted 15 September 2017 - 10:31 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 20730 battles
  • 267
  • [101]
  • Member since:
    04-19-2016
Tier 5 without a turret is a pain. You cannot COD slower tank. For a light and fast tank this a great mistake and a bigger problem. Tier 6 is a fast tank but with a poor acceleration, it is too easy to be rammed and has no depression at all. Against vk 28.01, for example, you can just cry and die. I stopped here my grind. I don't want to compare it whit a cromwell b..

MikiNisSrb #10 Posted 15 September 2017 - 11:11 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 2276 battles
  • 5
  • [BGD]
  • Member since:
    06-07-2017
     Please stop this nonsense. This french lights low tier are WRONG idea. Erase them, eject them, nerf them, do whatever you want, I don't wanna play against them any more, or with them. This is horrific, ridiculus, broken. I am struggling to win the low - tier game with my Pz II, killing half of their team, and opposite team wins only because they have one AMX 38. He just bounces every hit, kills everyone just because no one can kill him, just comes into base and invites the only left player (me) to engage him. I spend my credits on APCR, trying to circle him, doing almost no damage at all, taking shots and die eventually. And at the end, I see chat: "Gg". Sorry, it was not good game at all. It was farce. Who so smart came to idea to create something like this? This ruins the game. Do something. 

sk8xtrm #11 Posted 15 September 2017 - 11:19 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Community Contributor
  • 32638 battles
  • 1,595
  • [REQ]
  • Member since:
    07-10-2014

View Post17ares, on 15 September 2017 - 10:31 AM, said:

Tier 5 without a turret is a pain. You cannot COD slower tank. For a light and fast tank this a great mistake and a bigger problem

 

ELC has never had a fully rotating turret and with one it would be completely broken OP with a fully rotating turret. Personal recommendation, rather than circle is to sit along side the tank you want to attack and try hug it so the side of your tank is next to the tank you want to shoot and drive back and forth under their gun, pulling out a little more when you need to shoot.

Titus_Scato #12 Posted 15 September 2017 - 11:38 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 32169 battles
  • 5,245
  • [1RTR]
  • Member since:
    10-18-2014

View PostMikiNisSrb, on 15 September 2017 - 11:11 AM, said:

     Please stop this nonsense. This french lights low tier are WRONG idea. Erase them, eject them, nerf them, do whatever you want, I don't wanna play against them any more, or with them. This is horrific, ridiculus, broken. I am struggling to win the low - tier game with my Pz II, killing half of their team, and opposite team wins only because they have one AMX 38. He just bounces every hit, kills everyone just because no one can kill him, just comes into base and invites the only left player (me) to engage him. I spend my credits on APCR, trying to circle him, doing almost no damage at all, taking shots and die eventually. And at the end, I see chat: "Gg". Sorry, it was not good game at all. It was farce. Who so smart came to idea to create something like this? This ruins the game. Do something. 

 

You have to be directly behind an AMX 38 to penetrate it with a Pzkpfw II, and you do need to use APCR.

 

Basically, the R-35, AMX 38 and AMX 40 aren't really light tanks - they are miniature heavy tanks, because of their slow speed and very strong armour.  Just like the Valentine II isn't really a light tank, and the Matilda isn't really a medium tank - they are both small heavy tanks.

 

A bottom tier light tank should expect to struggle to penetrate a top tier heavy tank.  It wasn't really your job to deal with that AMX 38 in your Pzkpfw II, your Tier 3 teammates should have done it.  Not your fault you lost the game, you can't expect to be able to do everything yourself.



the_ferret_in_black #13 Posted 15 September 2017 - 12:58 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 563 battles
  • 3
  • Member since:
    12-07-2013
Hi I'm not as experienced as some who play this game but I'm kinda of average - I win every 3rd game. But these new French light tanks (r35 amx38 ) are sucking the joy out of the game for me. I agree with others who have posted. They are too heavily armoured, suprisingly nippy and moderately well armed. At times I can be bit obsessed with destroying these things pumping round after round off apcr into supposedly weaker parts of the tank with very little affect. Eventually one of the other amx/r35 will get me. Once I'm gone I hang around watching the amx/r35 slugfest take place, looking like a boxing match that goes all 12 rounds.
It's rubbish ! If you have to keep them as the are at least reduce the rate of fire. The 2 man turrets (or even 1 man in the r35) would have seriously hampered the reload rate.

Ferret

the_ferret_in_black #14 Posted 15 September 2017 - 12:58 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 563 battles
  • 3
  • Member since:
    12-07-2013
Hi I'm not as experienced as some who play this game but I'm kinda of average - I win every 3rd game. But these new French light tanks (r35 amx38 ) are sucking the joy out of the game for me. I agree with others who have posted. They are too heavily armoured, suprisingly nippy and moderately well armed. At times I can be bit obsessed with destroying these things pumping round after round off apcr into supposedly weaker parts of the tank with very little affect. Eventually one of the other amx/r35 will get me. Once I'm gone I hang around watching the amx/r35 slugfest take place, looking like a boxing match that goes all 12 rounds.
It's rubbish ! If you have to keep them as the are at least reduce the rate of fire. The 2 man turrets (or even 1 man in the r35) would have seriously hampered the reload rate.

Ferret

the_ferret_in_black #15 Posted 15 September 2017 - 01:00 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 563 battles
  • 3
  • Member since:
    12-07-2013

Posted twice Sorry

 

Ferret



kinghades42 #16 Posted 16 September 2017 - 02:35 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 17499 battles
  • 303
  • [IRMA]
  • Member since:
    07-02-2014

Today I went mad and free XPed the Bat Chat. 

There is an issue with the repair costs and credit earning co efficient

if you get destroyed in the Bat Chat, the repair costs are almost 25,000 credits which is ridiculous. The Obj 140 doesnt even have a 10,000 credit repair cost. As well, the credit earning co-efficient doesnt seem to have been rebalanced for Blitz either. I really dont understand how the Bat Chat 25T AP at tier IX was tested for months by supertesters, and the tier X Bat Chat 25T is added with a basic and obvious problem such as this. The super high cost of using the tank takes away much of the appeal of playing the tank.

 

Why is the burst damage the same on the tier X as on the tier IX despite having to research a gun for 45k xp?

The tier IX's 100mm does 310 damage 3 times in 6 seconds. The tier X does the exact same despite having a 105mm, which has to be researched. An Obj 140 does 310 damage in under 6 seconds.

 

In my opinion, on the tier X Bat Chat 25T:

1) It needs 350 alpha damage. To compensate for this nerf the full clip reload by 1 or seconds.

 

or

 

2) reduce the reload between shells from 3 seconds to 2.5 seconds.

 

It struggles with doing damage compared to the STB1 or T62a etc. As it is, it is quite challenging to play but I think by increasing the alpha to what it should be, which is 350 damage, it will solve that problem.

 

Mobility

It doesnt feel that much like a light tank. A Leopard 1 accelerates noticeably faster. It doesnt make much sense to make a light tank slower than a medium tank of the same tier. 

 

Camo

It doesnt have the very important light tank statistic of the same camo value on the move as stationary. Why? Whats the bloody point of making it a light tank if it doesnt have the one feature which is unique to light tanks? The camo on the move being worse is noticabke in battle, and it should be considered to maybe increase the camo value on the move and maybe reduce the camo value for sitting still.

 

Modules and Crew

the modules and crew seem to be very weak. Especially the engine/fuel tanks. The tank gets set on fire quite often.

 


Proud Deputy Leader of IRMA!

 

 


JoyV #17 Posted 16 September 2017 - 08:36 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 8268 battles
  • 78
  • [301ST]
  • Member since:
    12-06-2015

Well... i think the french line is a bit overpowered at the tiers 2-4, balanced in the tiers 5-9 and a bit underpowered at tier 10. I am only at tier 7 right now but i can tell you all i know about the tiers 2-7.

 

Tier 2

I think the r35 needs to be adjusted: i own the pz. 38h and played it a lot. On the PC version of the game there is a trade off between the r35 and pz. 38h. The r35 did not have the weakspots the pz. 38h but in exchange it lost much of its agility. On blitz however they are equally mobile, but the r35 does not have the weakspots this means that when i fight an r35 with my pz. 38h he can pen me all the time but i can't do anything against him. Only thing i can do is spam the gold and that will be very costly. This problem is not only for the 38h but also for all other low pen tier 2 tanks. I suggest to make it even slower and less agile. Maybe give it a weakspot. It is just too op for its tier and will destroy the new players.

 

Tier 3

Here is the real problem: 60mm of frontal armour with a very hard to hit weakspot is just too op for its tier, comparable with the infamous SU-76I  It is hard to destroy an amx 38 with almost any gun. This would not be a problem if the amx 38 was slow and not agile, but the amx 38 sadly has enough agility to counter flanking opponents. Also tier 2 tanks can forge tto pen this thing even from the sides. I suggest that the speed and agility should be lowered a bit. Or make it penetrate less armour as it can pen almost anything with its gun.

 

Tier 4

I don't think this needs a lot of changes. The armour and gun are good but luckily this tank can be flanked with ease. It can even be bad in the wrong hands. I think this tank is a great tank for its tier but not too op to be changed. However for new players it can be a bit hard to destroy. Maybe change the stats of its top gun a bit because i often see heat spamming amx 40s. 

 

Tier 5

this tank is the first true light tank of the line. Luckily it does not have the 90mm gun! This tank is completely not overpowered and i even think it is not that good for its tier. It has a slow reloading 75mm hun that hurts the dpm a lot. It does not have an fully rotating turret that makes it very hard to circle your opponents. However the fun of this tanks agility makes it one of my favourites. This is a tank that is very fun to play but is not too good for its tier. This is a keeper.

 

Tier 6

this tank is an example of how the rest of this line plays like. Here you get your first autoloader: a 75mm gun with 3 shells in the magazine. It has a top speed of 65 kph but is not as agile as the tier 5 elc amx bis. In exchange of some agility you get a very fun autoloder. This makes this tank more powerful then the elc amx. The complete reload fully upgraded is about 15 seconds and between each shell you have a 2 second reload. I did not play well in the tier 6 american autoloader the t37 because of the horrible reload between each shell of 2.5 seconds. 0.5 seconds less then the t37 makes this a more capable tank for surprosing the enemy.

 

Tier 7

while the amx 13 75 shares its gun with the amx 12 t at tier 6 and even has worse armour then the 12t it has 3 very big advantages over the 12t. When fully upgraded the gun has a short 12 second reload and between shells it has a very quick 1.3 second reload. It is also very agile when the engine and suspension are fully upgraded. For its tier the 13 75 is much mor capable of taking kn opponents then the 12t can. Also a keeper for me


Proud owner of: T7 Car, Locust, M6A2E1, Pz. 38H, T-15, Pz. S35, Pz. V/IV, Pz. B2, Tetrarch, M3 Light, BT-7 art, Valentine II, A-32, SU-76I, Pz. IV Anko SP, Kuro Mori Mine, Hetzer Kame SP, FCM 36 Pak 40, M5 Stuart, Pz. III, D.W. 2, KV-2, IS-3, Covenanter, Crusader and the UE 57. Grinding the cromwell line.

 


Johan_Q_Irenicus #18 Posted 16 September 2017 - 09:54 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 38612 battles
  • 11
  • [AXI]
  • Member since:
    10-05-2014

View Postsk8xtrm, on 15 September 2017 - 10:01 AM, said:

I wish I wasn't saying this as I was so excited for this tank, like uber excited. It actually pains me to be negative on the tank as I was looking forward to it so badly. The bat chat sadly I think is under powered for its tier, It just feels like it has to many restrictions with it. It provides no fear factor, quite the opposite, its a game of kill the soft squishy tank because it is easy to kill with HE and Ram and the enemy can take out an entire tank for the sake of loosing some HP as lets be fair you will only get one clip off by the time you are rammed and smashed with HE.  

 

Gun depression and elevation are poor - I expected I am fine with


poor ammo capacity - I expected I am fine with


Poor Armour - I expected I am fine with

 

Making it a light tank I did not expect but I do like that touch as it helps the tank.  Light tanks in blitz need more medium characteristics than they do in PC as they need to be more involved in blitz.

 

The draw backs with this tank are in my head the:

 

- 3 seconds reload


- 310 alpha


- poor Pen - low ammo capacity is a characteristic of the line and a flaw of the tank so I am fine with that but considering how low its ammo capacity is, every shell needs to count - yes you can fit Calibrated shells to help counter this but that defeats the object of equipment improving tanks, rather it just about makes it acceptable, in my head should be more inline with the 155mm of pen the leo 1 gets

 

MOBILITY is very good but not really that when you compare it to a leo 1, it needs a touch more. One example: Both myself and a leo 1 had engine boost and I could not overtake the leo, it may have better power per ton than a leo but it has less effective power per ton due to worse terrain resistances.

 

All in all, its fantastic fun to play and I do like it but its not strong enough and if you want a really good strong tier X with light tank characteristics...get a leo 1
I am willing to place any bet that this tank will NEED a buff in the future, I hope it gets one.

 

 

You are very polite, after more than 100 games this tank is from far the WORST tier x I ever had in near 40.000 games (and have all the lines of game developed).

 

No armour, tho you get some bounces, cammo is not a light cammo wearing the net cammo you are spotted like if u were a heavy, it has a ridiculous dpm, ordenance is a joke, you'll get lots of bounces sometimes the entire clip (I have 5 upgrades researched ATM) despite running increased pen... and the 3 secs between each shell is you death sentence at tier X...

 

You can't play as sniper, cause nad cammo and gun trolling nor brawl nor hull down nor nothing like run like frenzy an try to cod everybody... any t54 outclasses you on effective dpm...

 

This remembers me first 183 before buff but its worse much worse... after Fog line this is utterly annoying at top tiers..

 

Tank needs really light cammo and a 3 x 350 clip with 1.8 secs or so between shells..

 

I'm for fist time very disappointed with a Tier X

 

Kimd regards



Johan_Q_Irenicus #19 Posted 16 September 2017 - 09:58 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 38612 battles
  • 11
  • [AXI]
  • Member since:
    10-05-2014

View Postkinghades42, on 16 September 2017 - 02:35 AM, said:

Today I went mad and free XPed the Bat Chat. 

There is an issue with the repair costs and credit earning co efficient

if you get destroyed in the Bat Chat, the repair costs are almost 25,000 credits which is ridiculous. The Obj 140 doesnt even have a 10,000 credit repair cost. As well, the credit earning co-efficient doesnt seem to have been rebalanced for Blitz either. I really dont understand how the Bat Chat 25T AP at tier IX was tested for months by supertesters, and the tier X Bat Chat 25T is added with a basic and obvious problem such as this. The super high cost of using the tank takes away much of the appeal of playing the tank.

 

Why is the burst damage the same on the tier X as on the tier IX despite having to research a gun for 45k xp?

The tier IX's 100mm does 310 damage 3 times in 6 seconds. The tier X does the exact same despite having a 105mm, which has to be researched. An Obj 140 does 310 damage in under 6 seconds.

 

In my opinion, on the tier X Bat Chat 25T:

1) It needs 350 alpha damage. To compensate for this nerf the full clip reload by 1 or seconds.

 

or

 

2) reduce the reload between shells from 3 seconds to 2.5 seconds.

 

It struggles with doing damage compared to the STB1 or T62a etc. As it is, it is quite challenging to play but I think by increasing the alpha to what it should be, which is 350 damage, it will solve that problem.

 

Mobility

It doesnt feel that much like a light tank. A Leopard 1 accelerates noticeably faster. It doesnt make much sense to make a light tank slower than a medium tank of the same tier. 

 

Camo

It doesnt have the very important light tank statistic of the same camo value on the move as stationary. Why? Whats the bloody point of making it a light tank if it doesnt have the one feature which is unique to light tanks? The camo on the move being worse is noticabke in battle, and it should be considered to maybe increase the camo value on the move and maybe reduce the camo value for sitting still.

 

Modules and Crew

the modules and crew seem to be very weak. Especially the engine/fuel tanks. The tank gets set on fire quite often.

 

 

I got mad and enriched it... best game was 30k netto and keep losing 15k in some games enriched!

 

I put a ticket on this... seems unreal...



RRBuilderYT #20 Posted 17 September 2017 - 12:29 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 7529 battles
  • 206
  • [ALBAC]
  • Member since:
    03-12-2017

I was exited to have light tank camo at tier 9-10 but then WG hit me with `no light tank camo for them` -.-

 

Plus the batchats need more dpm and pen as sk8 said... I am fully positive about a buff on both of the batchats !


                                                                                                                        WERE ARE NOT LEAVING WITHOUT COMPENSATION FOR 3.8                                             

        Mentor at the Legion Academy       -=Not paying for the game anymore=-      -=Not paying for the game anymore=-     Mentor at the Legion Academy





4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users