• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Zloydd #1 Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:02 AM

Lance-corporal

• Administrator
  • 425 battles
  • [WG]

Commanders,

Please leave your feedback regarding the balance below in this topic.

scharny #2 Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:29 AM

Private

• Player
  • 18935 battles
  • [RDRD]
It seems to me that the gun traverse on the Grille hasn't changed at all? It feels the same as before, and I compared it to the FV183 (which has 45 deg L/R) and the Grille's gun traverse still looks larger. Is it my illusion or inaccurate patch notes by WG?
<a href='http://wotbstars.com/?usr=scharny&geo=EU&lng=eng' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>http://wotbstars.com...&geo=EU&lng=eng</a>

AkaFeloN #3 Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:46 AM

Private

• Player
  • 9762 battles
  • [CMS]

Grille is crap now sold it... 

and why the hell wargaming pushes the french tanks?

in every tier the french is top on the list.... why??? 

From now i dedicate to kill french tanks first and give them hard time in enemy team and aswell my team.

im mad and disipointed.

cervena_karkulka #4 Posted 13 September 2017 - 12:12 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 19544 battles
  • [PINK_]
thumbs up for this update, appreciated.

_Khorny_ #5 Posted 13 September 2017 - 01:33 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 40564 battles
  • [FZ]

Looking at the Balance changes I can understand the buff of the T54E1 (I just grinded it myself and the pen is/was horrible). I don't fully crasp the fact that the german light TD's got a big nerf like that (second time), T49 module damage was too high true, but was it necessary to nerf the HE pen? It's hard against any armoured vehicle to pen at all ...

... I don't know the data on which these changes are based on so I can't really tell!

_FATZKE_ #6 Posted 13 September 2017 - 01:51 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 2157 battles
All good ..

Titus_Scato #7 Posted 13 September 2017 - 03:48 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 32169 battles
  • [1RTR]

View PostZloydd, on 13 September 2017 - 10:02 AM, said:

Commanders,

Jagdtiger 8,8

Not overjoyed with WG giving the Jagdtiger 8,8 a new 10.5 cm gun that it never had historically.

It would have been better to buff its base rate of fire by 2 rounds per minute, taking it to 14.77 RoF without any equipment or provisions - and secondly to give it the same 230% credit coefficient as the Angry Connor.

Then the Jagdtiger 8,8 would have fired shells almost as fast as an AT15A, and with the credit earning boost, it could have fired a lot of premium APCR ammo without losing many credits, thus solving its penetration problem.  With an extra 2 rounds per minute, the Jagdtiger 8,8 would have the same DPM with APCR that it had before APCR alpha damage was reduced by 15%.  And its DPM with AP would be only 261 below the Tier 9 Jagdtiger.

Granted, with the 8,8 cm gun and low penetration, the Jagdtiger 8,8 would still struggle against Tier IX heavies and some TD's.  But the 440 buff to DPM would have made it devastating to Tier VII tanks in a 1 vs 1 shootout.

Edited by Titus_Scato, 13 September 2017 - 03:49 PM.

Titus_Scato #8 Posted 13 September 2017 - 04:01 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 32169 battles
  • [1RTR]

View PostZloydd, on 13 September 2017 - 10:02 AM, said:

Commanders,

T95:

Completely disagree with the armour nerfs to the T95.  Armour is what the T95 is all about.  It's supposed to be extremely difficult to penetrate its frontal armour.

If the T95 needed to be nerfed, the correct solution was to undo the last buff made to it - which gave it a modest increase in top speed, and a large increase in hull traverse.  WG want dynamic gameplay - and flanking the T95 to shoot it in the sides and rear is a lot more dynamic than penetrating its frontal armour.

_Khorny_ #9 Posted 13 September 2017 - 04:50 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 40564 battles
  • [FZ]

Grille

It got hit too hard with that "balance" ... its too much at once.

• hull points
  • gun traverse
  • forward speed
  • reverse speed
  • and engine power

I think if you feel it is too strong then it would have been enough to nerf one part of it. But with even less mobility, hull points and gun handling ... !?

MistakeNot66 #10 Posted 13 September 2017 - 07:40 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 12678 battles

As far as the update is concerned I'm fine with it generally. My main suggestion is regards the various nerfs that haven't gone down too well with other players. I have the waffle tractor and I've been investing a fair amount of time grinding for the Grille only for it to get nerfed when I'm nearly there.

You must surely know quite soon after each new patch what the next one is going to bring, so how about an earlier warning about what may be getting nerfed next time around? The guys who already own the tanks aren't going to complain any less and those of us who may be considering grinding a particular vehicle can make a decision based on the facts. Myself I tend to watch the various reviews by Martin Dogger, Bushka, Sk8 and Hughbert Jass before I decide if I'll give a tank a go. Their videos are useless if the tank's going to get nerfed in the near future. 

I doubt anyone would would stop playing the game if you gave more notice of possible changes to come: I certainly wouldn't. I'd just focus on another line.

Ricky1965ish #11 Posted 14 September 2017 - 10:01 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 30595 battles
  • [IWD]

View PostTitus_Scato, on 13 September 2017 - 03:48 PM, said:

Jagdtiger 8,8

Not overjoyed with WG giving the Jagdtiger 8,8 a new 10.5 cm gun that it never had historically.

It would have been better to buff its base rate of fire by 2 rounds per minute, taking it to 14.77 RoF without any equipment or provisions - and secondly to give it the same 230% credit coefficient as the Angry Connor.

Then the Jagdtiger 8,8 would have fired shells almost as fast as an AT15A, and with the credit earning boost, it could have fired a lot of premium APCR ammo without losing many credits, thus solving its penetration problem.  With an extra 2 rounds per minute, the Jagdtiger 8,8 would have the same DPM with APCR that it had before APCR alpha damage was reduced by 15%.  And its DPM with AP would be only 261 below the Tier 9 Jagdtiger.

Granted, with the 8,8 cm gun and low penetration, the Jagdtiger 8,8 would still struggle against Tier IX heavies and some TD's.  But the 440 buff to DPM would have made it devastating to Tier VII tanks in a 1 vs 1 shootout.

While you are technically perfectly correct Titus, do you not agree that the historically accurate boat set sail long ago?

Just look at the Tiger 1, Tiger 2, Panther, Jpanther to name but a few, that all have historically inaccurate top guns on them just so they have a chance of competing at their respective tiers.

I like the new gun on my Snowstorm, it finally feels like it can compete at tier 8 even when bottom of the pile.

Titus_Scato #12 Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:14 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 32169 battles
  • [1RTR]

View PostRicky1965ish, on 14 September 2017 - 10:01 AM, said:

While you are technically perfectly correct Titus, do you not agree that the historically accurate boat set sail long ago?

Just look at the Tiger 1, Tiger 2, Panther, Jpanther to name but a few, that all have historically inaccurate top guns on them just so they have a chance of competing at their respective tiers.

I like the new gun on my Snowstorm, it finally feels like it can compete at tier 8 even when bottom of the pile.

Indeed - but it's not the Jagdtiger 8,8 anymore.  The character of the tank has changed with the new gun, it plays more like the Tier 9 Jagdtiger.

Perhaps WG should have renamed the tank the Jagdtiger 10,5 and removed the 8.8 cm L\71 gun entirely.

Ricky1965ish #13 Posted 14 September 2017 - 05:29 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 30595 battles
  • [IWD]

View PostTitus_Scato, on 14 September 2017 - 01:14 PM, said:

Indeed - but it's not the Jagdtiger 8,8 anymore.  The character of the tank has changed with the new gun, it plays more like the Tier 9 Jagdtiger.

Perhaps WG should have renamed the tank the Jagdtiger 10,5 and removed the 8.8 cm L\71 gun entirely.

Fair point, WG could alter its in game name like it does with the star chaser Pz4 so it becomes Jadtiger 10.5 when the alternative gun is fitted, or Snowstorm 10.5 for mine.

IrmaBecx #14 Posted 14 September 2017 - 11:08 PM

First Sergeant

• Community Contributor
  • 15764 battles
  • [IRMA]

I just want to state for the record I am extremely disappointed the AMX 50 100 had one shell removed from its clip. The four shot autoloader was the only reason I considered this tank a "keeper" and spent spare parts and a gold camouflage on it. Being the only four shot autoloader top gun in the game gave it a completely unique playstyle, and offered more opportunities in terms of gameplay. That was the whole appeal of the tank for me.

I don't care the tank was nerfed, that's part of the game. But I do care the tank was made completely different by the nerf; there are any number of ways the tank could have been rebalanced while still retaining its four shot clip.

With a three shot autoloader, the tank is nothing special. Had it been thus equipped from the beginning, I would have just ground through it and not given it a second glance. As it is, I've parked it, and won't be driving it again.

I am already extremely reluctant to spend spare parts on my vehicles; even on tanks I like, have owned for a long time, and enjoy playing. I couldn't imagine a vehicle would be changed in this manner; completely altering its basic function, and I will now be even more reluctant to equip the tanks I already have and grind for new ones. That's not a good direction for the game.

Again, extremely disappointed.

Edited by IrmaBecx, 14 September 2017 - 11:12 PM.

https://twitter.com/IrmaBecx

Wat? OMG! IrmaDrivesTanks on Youtube!

"Mon centre cède, ma droite recule. Situation excellente, j'attaque." - Ferdinand Foch, 8 Sep. 1914

oyemeLife #15 Posted 15 September 2017 - 11:28 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 14897 battles
  • [LORDS]

View PostIrmaBecx, on 14 September 2017 - 11:08 PM, said:

I just want to state for the record I am extremely disappointed the AMX 50 100 had one shell removed from its clip. The four shot autoloader was the only reason I considered this tank a "keeper" and spent spare parts and a gold camouflage on it. Being the only four shot autoloader top gun in the game gave it a completely unique playstyle, and offered more opportunities in terms of gameplay. That was the whole appeal of the tank for me.

I don't care the tank was nerfed, that's part of the game. But I do care the tank was made completely different by the nerf; there are any number of ways the tank could have been rebalanced while still retaining its four shot clip.

With a three shot autoloader, the tank is nothing special. Had it been thus equipped from the beginning, I would have just ground through it and not given it a second glance. As it is, I've parked it, and won't be driving it again.

I am already extremely reluctant to spend spare parts on my vehicles; even on tanks I like, have owned for a long time, and enjoy playing. I couldn't imagine a vehicle would be changed in this manner; completely altering its basic function, and I will now be even more reluctant to equip the tanks I already have and grind for new ones. That's not a good direction for the game.

Again, extremely disappointed.

In that case, no one wanted to play T57 comparing with Amx 50 100. 3 shells or 4 shells, such a hard question.

Grill has 1700hp now, I have no words at all. R.I.P

Obj 268 has been improved in a good way. Really thanks for doing it.

Odin will be happy.

The_Prophecy98 #16 Posted 20 September 2017 - 12:08 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 32340 battles
  • [PINK]

I like that patch, completely overpowered Grille got nerfed from light-medium-heavy-TD-arty to just TD, thx for that.

Also the autoloader rework was just necessary, most players played T57 too campy now it's possible to push with it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users