• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Birdistheword15 #21 Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:29 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 36704 battles
  • [BRIT6]

View Postmrpgilbert, on 10 October 2017 - 07:34 AM, said:

The thing is, if it was harder, people would give up quicker, not spend money, and the game would die rapidly. New players churning through are essential. Long term players who care about anything other than driving tanks around and going boom are a tiny minority. 

Kind of makes this forum redundant then if only a tiny minority read and use it.

Timsinsal #22 Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:18 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 20578 battles
  • [TANG]

View PostBirdistheword15, on 01 October 2017 - 03:48 PM, said:

1) NEVER drive out with a stock tank. Your doing yourself and your team a disservice. Make sure you are fully upgraded before rolling out.

Great list but I think its ok to go out in a stock tank. As has been said before, you usually have to earn the XP to upgrade it anyway, especially if you're a newbie.

EDIT - Changing your for you're (really!)

Edited by Timsinsal, 12 October 2017 - 10:20 AM.

Timsinsal #23 Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:19 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 20578 battles
  • [TANG]

View PostFury_733, on 10 October 2017 - 10:49 AM, said:

And never sell tanks in your garage to buy the next tier. Most common and critical mistake a new player could make. Has the possibility to end your career unless you choose to take the very long and annoying way

Ok.. I'm showing my n00bness.. why not?

Precariat #24 Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:40 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 9032 battles
  • [B-B-B]

View PostTimsinsal, on 12 October 2017 - 10:19 AM, said:

Ok.. I'm showing my n00bness.. why not?

Early on you can find you run out of credits (sold tanks give a fraction of their purchase cost) which restricts your choice of tank quickly. Also elite tanks now have a purpose and each one gets a first win bonus, so more tanks more exp?

I would (and did) sell tanks when garage space is a problem. I just wish the filtering was better, customise-able? Like a list of favourites

When you can't walk, you crawl and when you can't crawl anymore somebody will carry you

Timsinsal #25 Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:09 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 20578 battles
  • [TANG]

View PostPrecariat, on 12 October 2017 - 10:40 AM, said:

Early on you can find you run out of credits (sold tanks give a fraction of their purchase cost) which restricts your choice of tank quickly. Also elite tanks now have a purpose and each one gets a first win bonus, so more tanks more exp?

I would (and did) sell tanks when garage space is a problem. I just wish the filtering was better, customise-able? Like a list of favourites

Ok, I see your point. Although with hindsight I'd probably suggest you only hold on to the tanks you really like and sell the ones that you didn't enjoy playing. I don't think there's any great harm in selling tanks you didn't enjoy grinding.

Also, is it possible to run out of credits now with the crate drops every day? It feels like I've had more silver than ever since they introduced those.

Precariat #26 Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:28 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 9032 battles
  • [B-B-B]

View PostTimsinsal, on 12 October 2017 - 11:09 AM, said:

Ok, I see your point. Although with hindsight I'd probably suggest you only hold on to the tanks you really like and sell the ones that you didn't enjoy playing. I don't think there's any great harm in selling tanks you didn't enjoy grinding.

Also, is it possible to run out of credits now with the crate drops every day? It feels like I've had more silver than ever since they introduced those.

Well at first you get new tanks very quickly (tiers I-III) and if you buy all the level 1 equipment you could run out of credits even with the chests (I would estimate you get 80-100k per day from those) so if you went down just one line/nation you could have problems around tier IV in the first few days. Especially if you are not getting much from battles (possible if you are using a lot of consumables/prammo), a new player learning the game could have this problem. I couldn't hit a barn door and died very quickly at first (sometimes it's still true). I was losing credits on battles at low tier (sometimes 10-20k).

If you are getting all the tier I-III tanks then it probably isn't too much of a problem, but say you are going straight to the KV-1 it could take a lot of credits

When you can't walk, you crawl and when you can't crawl anymore somebody will carry you

Birdistheword15 #27 Posted 12 October 2017 - 01:34 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 36704 battles
  • [BRIT6]

View PostTimsinsal, on 12 October 2017 - 10:18 AM, said:

Great list but I think its ok to go out in a stock tank. As has been said before, you usually have to earn the XP to upgrade it anyway, especially if you're a newbie.

Its not good when your top tier teammate is sporting the stock gun and turret especially in a tier vi match and above. You roll out stock at tier viii your teammates are going to really like you. In tier vi and above if you go out stock your putting yourself at an immediate disadvantage in the armour, gun and speed stakes. Surely you get enough xp in the previous tank/tier beforehand so you can fully upgrade the next tank in the line.

Edited by Birdistheword15, 12 October 2017 - 01:40 PM.

Timsinsal #28 Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:03 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 20578 battles
  • [TANG]

View PostBirdistheword15, on 12 October 2017 - 01:34 PM, said:

Its not good when your top tier teammate is sporting the stock gun and turret especially in a tier vi match and above. You roll out stock at tier viii your teammates are going to really like you. In tier vi and above if you go out stock your putting yourself at an immediate disadvantage in the armour, gun and speed stakes. Surely you get enough xp in the previous tank/tier beforehand so you can fully upgrade the next tank in the line.

I understand that the list isn't in any particular order and I always try and free XP the top gun which is certainly much easier in the lower tiers but... If it were in order of importance, "NEVER drive out with a stock tank" might be 27th on the list. How is it any worse than rolling a tank out with 50% crew training?

VonPottypoop #29 Posted 12 October 2017 - 06:09 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 13559 battles
  • [FTC-1]
Patience is your best friend, if you find yourself in a situation where you are stuck in cover but four enemy are right in front use it to your advantage they know if you peek out they are going to hit you four times but if you have equal numbers no need to get frustrated and jump out and fire, to take a snap shot which may miss or bounce, you will get tracked and the other three tanks will kill you. A tank dead gives them the edge but keeping them frustrated and spotted gives your team huge opportunities. 

​Very proud leader of the Fun-Tan-Clan 

Birdistheword15 #30 Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:53 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 36704 battles
  • [BRIT6]

View PostTimsinsal, on 12 October 2017 - 03:03 PM, said:

How is it any worse than rolling a tank out with 50% crew training?

Because you rolling out in an underpowered tank. Your shooting the enemy with the stock gun causing little or no damage (obviously the kv2 and su152 can be excluded here). You have the stock engine, you can't relocate  or turn to face an enemy fast enough etc etc.

Edited by Birdistheword15, 12 October 2017 - 09:58 PM.

mrpgilbert #31 Posted 13 October 2017 - 12:47 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 31198 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostBirdistheword15, on 12 October 2017 - 09:53 PM, said:

Because you rolling out in an underpowered tank. Your shooting the enemy with the stock gun causing little or no damage (obviously the kv2 and su152 can be excluded here). You have the stock engine, you can't relocate  or turn to face an enemy fast enough etc etc.

Most players can't magically or financially upgrade tanks straight away. They have to play them stock to grind the XP for the upgrades. If they're good, or have premium time, it's easier than for the average bod. 

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it.

Be nice to me..

http://www.blitzstar...r/eu/mrpgilbert

Birdistheword15 #32 Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:01 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 36704 battles
  • [BRIT6]

View Postmrpgilbert, on 13 October 2017 - 12:47 AM, said:

Most players can't magically or financially upgrade tanks straight away. They have to play them stock to grind the XP for the upgrades. If they're good, or have premium time, it's easier than for the average bod. 

Like i mentioned earlier then you play your existing tanks for a little longer to build up the sufficient xp etc in order to fully upgrade your recently purchased tank. Nothing magic in that. Seems like common sense to me but unfortunately this is not emphasised in any in game tutorial as far as I recall.  So the newbies roll out stock and get punished and your team is at a disadvantage from the start. 

DerpyMcderp #33 Posted 13 October 2017 - 10:38 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 15791 battles
  • [VG]

View PostBirdistheword15, on 13 October 2017 - 09:01 AM, said:

Like i mentioned earlier then you play your existing tanks for a little longer to build up the sufficient xp etc in order to fully upgrade your recently purchased tank. Nothing magic in that. Seems like common sense to me but unfortunately this is not emphasised in any in game tutorial as far as I recall.  So the newbies roll out stock and get punished and your team is at a disadvantage from the start. 

this becomes tedious at higher tiers, for example I just ground out the D-10T and LB-1 for the T-44, along with the turret this takes a total of about 60k XP, in addition to engine upgrades (I don’t know how much they cost because I already had them due to 263 grind) in order to get the tank fully upgraded it would probably take over 100k xp, now you cannot get 100k XP from grinding out free XP within the next month (maybe even two months), so I would just throw boosters on my tank, throw an hour of premium time and get the guns as quickly as possible. This is much easier than playing for 2 months straight and/or paying money to convert.

The only reason that you lost... is that you p***ed me off. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users