Poll: Should you be able to rebuy sold Premium tanks?

Premium

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Poll: Repurchasing Premium Tanks (40 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Do you think that WarGaming should allow you to rebuy a sold premium tank?

1. Yes with a 50% Gold Discount (7 votes [17.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.50%

2. Yes with a 50% Credit Discount (28 votes [70.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 70.00%

3. No (5 votes [12.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

Vote Hide poll

TangoAlpha1 #1 Posted 06 October 2017 - 10:25 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 36699 battles
  • [UKWAR]

Earlier, this week I enquired whether it would be possible to rebuy some of the premium tanks I've sold.

I've sold them to make room for new tech lines and a couple of times out of naivety or frustration. On the tech lines, I often revisit tanks previously owned as my understanding of the game improves and it seems odd that I cannot do the same with Prems.

Given that some were event tanks or gifts, and others bought with gold, it should be entirely possible for me to rebuy them for credits or gold (at a discounted rate).

I'd like to think if there's a demonstration of support for this, along with the prospect of positive player response and income generation, then WarGaming could introduce this to the game.

What are your thoughts and what prem tanks would you repurchase if you could?

For me, I would love to go again with the LTP, Rudy, Angry Connor and the Mk.1 Heavy. 

Look forward to seeing your views.

Birdistheword15 #2 Posted 06 October 2017 - 11:12 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 32486 battles
  • [BRIT6]
One re-buy of a premium tank only for your account ever is a bit tight of wg. Inflexible and very poor customer service.

reekoiler #3 Posted 07 October 2017 - 01:11 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 9246 battles
  • [VEGE]
I would like to rebuy Helsing but probably only to sell it again when I find I still suck in it.
Knickerson, my apologies.

minitelrose #4 Posted 07 October 2017 - 02:24 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 45355 battles
  • [AFK]

I think it’s a brilliant idea. One of the most brilliant I have heard in this game in a long time,

I would go as far as to say they should be available for their cost in credits, like any regular tank. But I could also settle for half of their cost in gold. 

Many people sell tanks when noobs, only to find out the tank was ok, and you can’t get it back.

It could even make an additional revenue for WG

And it wuold get get me my T127 back. 

Read my guides there

"I want the game to be just how it was launched, no MM limitations for platoons, some unbalanced match once in a while, and friendly fire should come back as well. The only thing they should remove is statistics." -phony1907, 08 July 2016, 05:45pm - 

I want just that, and replay files.

sixty_three #5 Posted 07 October 2017 - 06:10 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 5194 battles

I recently sold a Super Pershing that I'd been gifted, by WG, from a huge container. My reason for selling was that I thought I'd never use this tank.  Then other people told me on this forum that this was a mistake, so I ended up buying it back for the 1.44 million credits I'd sold it for.  Noting that you can repurchase a sold premium tank just once, I now know I couldn't perform this transaction again. 

In summary, IMO the current arrangements are fair in that they allow you to correct a mistake you've made on one occasion.  It's then up to you to learn from that mistake and not repeat it again!

I'd imagine WG have this "repurchase only once" policy to reduce the number of fixes their support staff would otherwise have to perform.

For my military knowledge, though I'm plucky and adventury,
Has only been brought down to the beginning of the century;
But still in matters vegetable, animal, and mineral,
I am the very model of a modern Major-General.

Acids_Burn #6 Posted 07 October 2017 - 06:17 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 25513 battles
  • [EMRS]
This "one time only" restore thing is existing only on EU server. AFAIK on NA server you can restore up to 4 prem tanks per year. I personally find that unfair.

I do know that the way i express myself to some, if not most, people sound a bit too...aggressive? salty? rude?... but this is the way i speak and the way my thought train rolls...so...yeah...i'm not trying to insult anyone or pick up any fights.

">http://www.blitzstar...u/532956899.png[/img][/url]                    

aodhog2 #7 Posted 07 October 2017 - 08:28 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 22844 battles
  • [PFI]

View Postsixty_three, on 07 October 2017 - 06:10 AM, said:

I recently sold a Super Pershing that I'd been gifted, by WG, from a huge container. My reason for selling was that I thought I'd never use this tank.  Then other people told me on this forum that this was a mistake, so I ended up buying it back for the 1.44 million credits I'd sold it for.  Noting that you can repurchase a sold premium tank just once, I now know I couldn't perform this transaction again. 

In summary, IMO the current arrangements are fair in that they allow you to correct a mistake you've made on one occasion.  It's then up to you to learn from that mistake and not repeat it again!

I'd imagine WG have this "repurchase only once" policy to reduce the number of fixes their support staff would otherwise have to perform.

If software was changed so that the sold tank showed available in your garage for silver or gold -this way we each could have our own individual tech trees.Then no staff need bother their head about it.

sixty_three #8 Posted 07 October 2017 - 08:36 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 5194 battles

View PostAcids_Burn, on 07 October 2017 - 06:17 AM, said:

This "one time only" restore thing is existing only on EU server. AFAIK on NA server you can restore up to 4 prem tanks per year. I personally find that unfair.

Really? I didn't know that.  I wonder why there is a policy difference between the EU and NA servers?  It might be unfair, but I'd want to know the answer to the policy question before agreeing with you.

InternetEntity #9 Posted 07 October 2017 - 08:54 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 25869 battles
  • [AFK]

View Postsixty_three, on 07 October 2017 - 08:36 AM, said:

Really? I didn't know that.  I wonder why there is a policy difference between the EU and NA servers?  It might be unfair, but I'd want to know the answer to the policy question before agreeing with you.

Fochgate was essentally one massive miscomunication between WG’s regional offices. 

The Mighty Jingles left the PC CC program because he could no longer trust the NA department to not screw up EU CC’s business. 

The different regions all have different policy on game mods. EU only rescantly (last year or so) made an effort to clarify which mods they would ban if used on their server. NA snd RU had had clear guidelines for years before.

Patch updates usually come to NA first. Then sometimes even RU before EU.

The above examples are all PC related issues, I can’t remember any big Blitz related upsets. 

However, regional differences in store offers and special events are common place.

Edited by InternetEntity, 07 October 2017 - 08:55 AM.

Huwie_LGN #10 Posted 07 October 2017 - 09:07 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 495 battles
  • [IGNOM]
No

sixty_three #11 Posted 07 October 2017 - 09:14 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 5194 battles

View PostInternetEntity, on 07 October 2017 - 08:54 AM, said:

Fochgate was essentally one massive miscomunication between WG’s regional offices. 

The Mighty Jingles left the PC CC program because he could no longer trust the NA department to not screw up EU CC’s business. 

The different regions all have different policy on game mods. EU only rescantly (last year or so) made an effort to clarify which mods they would ban if used on their server. NA snd RU had had clear guidelines for years before.

Patch updates usually come to NA first. Then sometimes even RU before EU.

The above examples are all PC related issues, I can’t remember any big Blitz related upsets. 

However, regional differences in store offers and special events are common place.

And here's me, naively thinking it's just one company, so everything should be the same regardless of your geographic location.

Thanks, I've learnt something new today (I'm a relative newcomer!)

Edited by sixty_three, 07 October 2017 - 09:14 AM.

Bada__Bing #12 Posted 07 October 2017 - 09:30 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 5091 battles
  • [B-B-B]
I didn't even realise you could buy even one premium tank back! Thanks for the info

sixty_three #13 Posted 07 October 2017 - 10:19 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 5194 battles

View Postaodhog2, on 07 October 2017 - 08:28 AM, said:

If software was changed so that the sold tank showed available in your garage for silver or gold -this way we each could have our own individual tech trees.Then no staff need bother their head about it.

True.  But is it important enough to be worth the development effort?  Do many EU server players repeatedly sell by mistake two or more non-tech tree premium tanks?  

Huwie_LGN #14 Posted 07 October 2017 - 10:23 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 495 battles
  • [IGNOM]

View Postsixty_three, on 07 October 2017 - 10:19 AM, said:

Do many EU server players repeatedly sell by THEIR OWN mistake two or more non-tech tree premium tanks?  

Edited.

TangoAlpha1 #15 Posted 07 October 2017 - 11:26 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 36699 battles
  • [UKWAR]

Picking up on some of the points made and thank you all for your contributions thus far, the repurchase should be with credits.  When you sell, you receive credits not gold for the transaction but as you gain a garage slot then you ought to have one clear.

I think it needs to be clearer when selling a prem tank that it can't be repurchased that might have alerted players to the consequences of the action, particularly considering that some form of financial transaction may have taken place to get the tank. I wonder, given the litigious nature of our North American friends, if that is the reason why they get the better deal on rebuying prems.

Additionally, it's not just about ones accidentally sold, as stated the likelihood of that being a recurring issue seems remote but ones deliberately sold due to garage constraints, frustration, lack of understanding of how to play the tank, etc. If it's something that you've owned and your game garage shows all the ones you've had, then if you can click on a tech line one and rebuy it, the mechanism for a prem should be straight forward enough. 

Obviously, if like me, you weren't fortunate enough to secure a Drac or HTC then you can't claim it. And Bada__Bing you can only do so if it was sold in the last sixty days, anything further than that is currently unable to be rebought. 

If it hadn't been for the forum, I wouldn't have known about it and raised the ticket but due to the length of time involved it wasn't to be. The customer service rep did suggest mentioning in dispatches here as they do look out for ideas and I figured if there was enough support via the poll and comments it may get implemented, here's hoping at least!

If you could flag the poll up in your clans and chats, it would be appreciated.

Go safe and happy battles!

harrier_77 #16 Posted 08 October 2017 - 12:31 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 29170 battles
  • [NX6]

View PostBada__Bing, on 07 October 2017 - 09:30 AM, said:

I didn't even realise you could buy even one premium tank back! Thanks for the info

same

And whosoever may be found, without the soul for 'getting' down.

PS... don't feed the troll.

DRAMADEUS #17 Posted 08 October 2017 - 05:48 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 14158 battles
  • [DSK1L]

View PostBirdistheword15, on 06 October 2017 - 11:12 PM, said:

One re-buy of a premium tank only for your account ever is a bit tight of wg. Inflexible and very poor customer service.

6 Months ago I sold my RAM II ACCIDENTLY. I didn't know that i could send a ticket 'bout it cause i was new in this game.

2 MONTHS and 3 DAYS later, one of my friends told me that I can send a ticket n get the tank back. Then I sent. And WG CUSTOMER SERVICE RESPONSED:

"You sold it sooooooooo long time ago n we r not gonna give it back to u even u've paid for this. LAWS ? WHO CARES !?!?!"

At least yes, we MUST be able to re-buy our sold premium tanks...

Edited by DRAMADEUS, 08 October 2017 - 10:52 AM.

Mjr_Eazy #18 Posted 08 October 2017 - 06:57 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 4706 battles
  • [BT_SV]
I sold T7 Car for the slot, I regret it now, I thought I'd be able to buy it back later on, doh!  

You learn from your mistakes - I get it now NEVER SELL PREMIUM tank!

Different policies depending on servers sucks though, haway WG even things up, EU should get same policy as NA!

He who stops being better stops being good.  Oliver Cromwell I was soundly beaten, and i am the better for it.  Monty

I keep getting beaten but getting better so its all good man :harp:. Major Eazy

sixty_three #19 Posted 08 October 2017 - 07:56 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 5194 battles

View PostMjr_Eazy, on 08 October 2017 - 06:57 AM, said:

I sold T7 Car for the slot, I regret it now, I thought I'd be able to buy it back later on, doh!

You learn from your mistakes - I get it now NEVER SELL PREMIUM tank!

Different policies depending on servers sucks though, haway WG even things up, EU should get same policy as NA!

Never sell a non-tech tree premium tank unless you are absolutely certain you'll never want to use the thing!

I'm not sure why the 60-day rule applies.  Possibly to help WG support staff easily locate and reverse the erroneous transaction? 

As I'd imagine you do pretty well know when the clown car was sold, you could try appealing to their better nature?  Be British and say sorry a lot... ;)

Edited by sixty_three, 08 October 2017 - 07:57 AM.

TangoAlpha1 #20 Posted 11 October 2017 - 03:23 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 36699 battles
  • [UKWAR]
I've not got the best track record in getting a response from WarGaming from requests and suggestions, any ideas how I can take this forwards? I think most would agree that it's logical and mutually beneficial for all.

Also tagged with Premium

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users