Update 4.3 Feedback - Vehicle Changes in Update 4.3

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

MaXSty1er #1 Posted 11 October 2017 - 10:10 AM

Private

• Administrator
  • 115 battles

Commanders,

Please leave your feedback about Vehicle Changes in Update 4.3.

BarbierDeTvils #2 Posted 11 October 2017 - 11:04 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 37931 battles
  • [7CIE]
Why the 2 camouflages on M48 Patton aren’t at the same price ?

Is there a difference about advantage rate ?

Amicalement

BarbierDeTVils

Topic sur la rentabilité des Chars : http://forum.wotblit...alisee/#topmost (les tableaux de résultats sont dans le 3eme post du topic en page 1)

general_blue #3 Posted 11 October 2017 - 01:31 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 19655 battles
  • [RA1D]

Hello Administrator Maxstyler,

the Penetration from FV4202 is still to high. I noticed it today when i played with the Leopard 1. I just show a little bit of my turrent and the FV4202 pen me easily...thats not fair !

Please nerf the Pen of that Tank ! Otherwise this game makes no sense...really

IrmaBecx #4 Posted 11 October 2017 - 03:32 PM

First Sergeant

• Community Contributor
  • 16159 battles
  • [IRMA]

I have to say that again, I find the changes to the Centurion 7/1 and FV 4202 really, really disappointing. Both tanks are now as far away from how they were originally as I think they can conceivably get, and I don't see myself playing them ever again.

The whole point of the high tier British Mediums for me was the high pen/low pen HESH dynamic and making that work; that's why I liked the tanks, and that's what made them interesting. What ruined the tanks was the addition of HEAT rounds, and as long as they remain, any attempt to balance the tanks will, I feel, just be moving further away from what made me enjoy them in the first place.

In this, latest iteration, I think both tanks are completely ruined, and I don't see any reason why anyone would drive them, except the fact they happen to be British. Again, extremely disappointing. The only thing I am happy about is the fact I didn't get around to spending any spare parts on the Centurion 7/1, as they would have been totally, utterly, and completely wasted.

https://twitter.com/IrmaBecx

Wat? OMG! IrmaDrivesTanks on Youtube!

"Mon centre cède, ma droite recule. Situation excellente, j'attaque." - Ferdinand Foch, 8 Sep. 1914

alessh77 #5 Posted 11 October 2017 - 05:11 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 35549 battles
  • [SLO-1]

View Postgeneral_blue, on 11 October 2017 - 02:31 PM, said:

Hello Administrator Maxstyler,

the Penetration from FV4202 is still to high. I noticed it today when i played with the Leopard 1. I just show a little bit of my turrent and the FV4202 pen me easily...thats not fair !

Please nerf the Pen of that Tank ! Otherwise this game makes no sense...really

You're saying FV4202 should be nerfed because it can pen your Leopard 1? You must be joking, right?

Edited by alessh77, 11 October 2017 - 05:12 PM.

::::::::::::::::::: Got plenty empty garage slots for storing spare parts :::::::::::::::::: 

superschnitzelkoenig #6 Posted 11 October 2017 - 05:29 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 33435 battles
  • [RA1D]

Joking? No crap :teethhappy:

On the subject : yes, the Double Nerf of FV and Cent is probably the biggest balancing fail Wargaming has ever done. Im pretty Sure Player Numbers on these two tanks will sink to almost Zero very soon, after already being quite low. Major fail WG, major fail! 

Stop Complaining...           ...Carry Harder!

Peddy_tanj_it #7 Posted 11 October 2017 - 11:17 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 37732 battles
  • [TANG]

I really do not understand the changes of the British high tier mediums.

Adding heat losing HESH. 

Bringing back HESH.

Serious nerf to heat HESH reload times. 

I do not understand why they needed to be changed in the first place. They did not compare favourably against the Russian Mediums (Check looking on some comparison sites data). Yes the HESH was complex and required some skill to use but it is what made the tanks interesting. Now heat and HESH together is less complex ? I must now decide do I want to shoot APFDS or Heat or HESH two types or premium ammo? This is supposed to be simpler ? 

HESH is becoming a boosted HE round for which you must pay a large premium. 

I suggest returning  it back to the APFSD HESH HE load out and forget about the HEAT. And return the loading times back to the original. If you absolutely have to then nerf the Orginal stats on the HESH losing some damage and penetration that would be the correct way to balance the tanks. 

I did not play them often because but enjoyed them when I did. Now I think they will become garage queens not being used. 

Mind you I am still trying to get my equipment sorted out since 3.8 but that can wait for a different post, after the no more fantasy tanks rant. ( I hatesem my precious I hatesem). 

BarbierDeTvils #8 Posted 12 October 2017 - 05:35 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 37931 battles
  • [7CIE]
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssss !

IS7 armor is nerfed..... 5 millimeters less.....

::D:D:D

Amicalement

BarbierDeTVils

Topic sur la rentabilité des Chars : http://forum.wotblit...alisee/#topmost (les tableaux de résultats sont dans le 3eme post du topic en page 1)

loopyludo #9 Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:26 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 8832 battles
  • [LOST]

View PostIrmaBecx, on 11 October 2017 - 03:32 PM, said:

What ruined the tanks was the addition of HEAT rounds

Exactly this, I only ground the line in the first place as it offered a different play style, dropping HESH for HEAT made it the same as the other meds.

Please give me back the HESH pen and actually the low pen cheap HE, I don't want the HEAT. I have spent spare parts on the Cent 7/1, fortunately I haven't ground the FV4202 as yet, however now the 7/1 is just going to sit in my garage I doubt I ever will.

SparkVeryShuai #10 Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:40 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9528 battles
  • [WO-LF]

Strongly recommend to enhance the spaced armor of IS-7, now is too weak to protect the side.

If the spaced armor is 30mm and to balance the game, please just reduce 5mm or 8mm, now only has 5mm left, which is no protection left almost on the sides.

Spaced armor is a main difference between IS-7 and IS-4.

Beside in the World of Tanks, the IS-7 has 30mm spaced armor, and Blitz should follow the parameter of that please.

Please enhance the spaced armor please.

MikkelTJ #11 Posted 13 October 2017 - 12:07 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 27717 battles
  • [AFK]

View Postloopyludo, on 12 October 2017 - 09:26 AM, said:

Exactly this, I only ground the line in the first place as it offered a different play style, dropping HESH for HEAT made it the same as the other meds.

Please give me back the HESH pen and actually the low pen cheap HE, I don't want the HEAT. I have spent spare parts on the Cent 7/1, fortunately I haven't ground the FV4202 as yet, however now the 7/1 is just going to sit in my garage I doubt I ever will.

View PostIrmaBecx, on 11 October 2017 - 03:32 PM, said:

What ruined the tanks was the addition of HEAT rounds

This ^^.

Please return the Cent 7/1 and FV4202 to the state they had prior to update 4.0: APCR/premium HESH/cheap HESH. 

As the tanks are now, they are completely uncompetitive, and just plain boring. You have taken two really unique and interesting vehicles away from the game and replaced them with two really bland ones.

What is even worse is that this change (again) is a clear indication that WG have no clue what their core customers like or want. Once again, you have managed to alienate a big part of the player base.

@WG staff: you rarely make your presence known in this forum. In fact it is even more seldom now than it used to be. So you probably have not noticed the recent threads discussing these nerfs. I leave a number of links here for your convenience:

http://forum.wotblitz.eu/index.php?/topic/45742-silence-the-centurion/

http://forum.wotblitz.eu/index.php?/topic/45618-how-to-nerf-the-guns-on-centurion-71-and-fv4202/

http://forum.wotblitz.eu/index.php?/topic/45561-43-balance/

There was a thread more, but it was removed by the mods, probably due to inappropriate posts being made.

Edited by MikkelTJ, 13 October 2017 - 12:20 PM.

Attention WG: Please stop fixing stuff that is not broken - Return the Centurion 7/1 and FV4202 to the state they were prior to update 4.0.

InternetEntity #12 Posted 13 October 2017 - 01:34 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 25869 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostInternetEntity, on 12 October 2017 - 09:39 PM, said:

So, to complete my roll as forum warrior, I will summarise the problem:

• The HEAT rounds given to the T9 Centurion 7/1 and T10 FV4202 were not needed. They just made the tank more...vanilla flavoured/noob friendly
  • The later combination of HESH and HEAT was overpowered. A little, come on. Are British tanks not allowed to be class leading?
  • The nerf has returned the tanks to the bottom of the pile.
  • The RoF nerf is uncalled for. It is already low on both tanks, Centurion legendarily so. And,
  •  In combination with the HESH penetration nerf, this is over reducing battle performance.
  • HESH is now only a little more use that 150mm TD HE shells. While it does have 170mm pen instead of 90, it cannot reliably pen thngs like E100 turret sides flat on. Inshort, it must still be used on tank rear armour alone.
  • I’m British and don’t like my patriotism getting bashed.

Edited by InternetEntity, 13 October 2017 - 02:22 PM.

superschnitzelkoenig #13 Posted 13 October 2017 - 06:42 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 33435 battles
  • [RA1D]

This is what WG support wrote in response to my ticket (requesting the return of gold and SP)

Hello superschnitzelkoenig!

Thank you for contacting customer service.

After the FV4202 and Centurion Mk. 7/1 got Premium shells of two types, these two British tanks started to sharply stand out against the other vehicles. The effect proved so strong that now these vehicles deal the highest average amount of damage in their tiers. However, this was not the case in version 4.1 when these two vehicles had only High-Explosive Anti-Tank Premium shells. That is why we nerfed HESH shells.

Besides this, initially (before the changes in version 4.0), the rate of fire of these vehicles was specially increased to compensate for the absence of effective Premium shells. Given all changes made, it is now high time to bring the rate of fire to the proper level in order to finally level out the difference between these two tanks and other vehicles in the game.

The comment about the FV4202 above is also true for the Centurion Mk. 7/1, since these two tanks have the same top guns. Therefore, all changes affect both of these vehicles.

There are no compensations provided.

We had to do this because of balance reasons.

We hope for your understanding.

Bernhard Schiller

Wargaming.net Customer Service Representative

Wargaming.net Customer Support

WTF? Are they drunk? When has the ROF of FV and Cent been buffed? And come on, the "highest avg dmg" must be either due to an error or to a wrong way of getting statistics. I guess its the latter. It shows how lazy WG is in the whole balancing department. Sad, just sad.

Stop Complaining...           ...Carry Harder!

mpx9 #14 Posted 15 October 2017 - 09:50 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3137 battles
  • [ZABAK]

I personally don't like the direction where the vehicles are going - the game was battle of tanks from WW2 and some time after WW2 (some top tier tanks are tanks from 1950's).
Generally, only vehicles that existed in reality were added. Some of them were just prototypes, like the Maus for instance, some of them actually never existed, but were at least in state of a project on a drawing board, like all T110 variants (Ok, 1 mock up prototype was actually built ...)

On the playstore it is even advertised as "WW2 MMO PVP shooter".

And now this. Suddenly some fictional tanks started to appear, some of them being exceptionally ugly, like "Lupus" (is it a tumor on that tank's gun?) and more are now coming with Warhammer 40K update. I don't think worlds of WH 40K and WW2 fit well together. It is like mixing salted popcorn with sweet cake. Individual components are ok, but if you mix them, you get inedible mess.

When will adding of this junk end? Will there be mechs, hovercraft or pocket nukes introduced at next update?

A much nicer development would be adding perhaps tier XI, XII, .... with tanks from 60's, 70's, etc ...

gimlison #15 Posted 16 October 2017 - 07:51 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 27210 battles
  • [BTZ]
I guess that the nerf to the Cent is a little too steep. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users