Warhammer 40,000: Macragge's Thunder

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

theachy #41 Posted 20 October 2017 - 03:50 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 24968 battles
  • [NOOBS]
And again a few weeks without playing. It's a pain playing. Everybody is acting dumb.Hiding their butts off in hope of making dmg.
And one more reason to skip tier 6 - 8.
The last event was cancer and those before...
I take what I get but from now you have me on the no more gold side.
I'm done, this is less fun than I don't know.

:bush:- [NOOBS] - :child:

button #42 Posted 20 October 2017 - 06:50 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 5650 battles
  • [POL-Z]

embarrassing event and the opening of a large and huge container

krytik2008 #43 Posted 21 October 2017 - 07:02 AM

Private

• Player
  • 9206 battles
  • [POL-Z]

I agree the button is another event to earn money by WG here is not about fun, but about trading, selling and making people idiots children to buy gold! What do they do around the arrow after 5 stages as you have to do all 6 stages and again collect problems for the event tank just by buying gold we can get it! Uncle from the WG site!

Nitromo_GGE #44 Posted 22 October 2017 - 12:50 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 16038 battles
  • [DDPA]
Yep al I d t play and the none paying people get al the tanks etc from boxes and the people that play everyday fire only gold by constantly premium etc get nada njet nothing from chest those that in my clan not give a dime out get the tanks etc from boxes wargaming go s y s

button #45 Posted 22 October 2017 - 04:13 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 5650 battles
  • [POL-Z]
WG make Pay to win :-) 

Chairman_merpug #46 Posted 22 October 2017 - 08:46 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 36633 battles
  • [AFK]
These years are corroding my tablet. Please stop.

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

RA1D_SCHNITZEL_ #47 Posted 24 October 2017 - 05:13 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 44673 battles
  • [RA1D]

The appaling thing about this event are neither the hideous tanks nor the fact that its almost impossible to completely grind them. For me there are two key issues that make this event really annoying and for me another reason to rethink my relationship with WG. 

First thing: there are 3 lines that you have to grind. One is easy, one is doable for a good player and one (Ultramarine crap) is almost impossible. Ok, I thought thats kind of ok, you can grind 16000 out of the 24000 gold needed for the tanks and maybe some 2000-3000 more gold by completing a couple of UM-Stages. Well, I thought wrongly. The two lower lines account only for a fraction of the 24000 gold, whereas you need way more than half the gold to complete the UM-Line. So even if you complete the two lower lines you will STILL have to pay 12000-15000 for two meh tanks, which is ridiculous. they are actively and purposefully deceiving their customers. Not good.

the other thing: the "random" possibility to win the tanks out of chests: it is absolutely obvious that this is not random at all but new and unexperienced players get favoured heavily. Out of 12 destroyers/vindicators ive seen so far 9 had less than 500 games (!!!). On the other side I know hardly any experienced player that has gained one of them as a chest reward. Needless to say these guys were completely useless in the game. This utter neglect WG is showing fot their most loyal customers is really astonishing. Of course they are also lowering player skill levels on Tier 7 even more than it already is.

So what really angers me about these issues is not only that I feel like WG doesnt give a crap about me but also: that the way WG is being managed in the last year or so - as far as Blitz is concerned - seems really stupid. Simply terrible management. And like noone would want to invest in a badly managed bank or so I really have to question if I want to further invest in WG. I probably wont quit Blitz, at least not for now, but I was very much thinking about starting WOT PC or WoWS and my experiences with Blitz have definitely made me reconsider my willingness to start another game by WG. Sad as the games they put up are excellent but the guys in the head office just ruin it.

Edited by superschnitzelkoenig, 24 October 2017 - 05:15 AM.

Stop Complaining...           ...Carry Harder!

Verblonde #48 Posted 24 October 2017 - 12:28 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 4701 battles
  • [9TH]

View Postsuperschnitzelkoenig, on 24 October 2017 - 12:13 AM, said:

I was very much thinking about starting WOT PC or WoWS and my experiences with Blitz have definitely made me reconsider my willingness to start another game by WG. Sad as the games they put up are excellent but the guys in the head office just ruin it.

I wouldn't *necessarily* avoid all WG titles because of the wankers at Blitz: I play PC WOT and WOWS, and the difference is night and day.

On those titles, WG aren't paragons of virtue either (I trust anything they write about as far as I could comfortably spit a rat, for example), but they are infinitely better than on Blitz.

I'd suggest you get a 'refer a friend' invite from someone you know (or don't know) who plays them, and give them a go; when you get to Tier VI on WOWS, for example, you get a pretty decent reward. Don't spend any money though, until you know you like them!

Blitz, and the way it's run, is a really bad advert for the PC games...

Toulgar #49 Posted 25 October 2017 - 06:21 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 36285 battles
  • [T-T-R]

I have seen lots of events. Some events were nice, some were crap, In terms of time required, awards and tasks. But this way or another, they were events. But how about this one? Definetly not an event. This is trying to sell garbage tanks, on the image of an event. 

You may try to sell useless tanks with money or gold. Don't really care. It is players' money, they can decide either buy or pass. But you can't create a false event to sell tanks. I finished 2nd phase for a long time ago. 3rd phase is all about logging in, so it is done of course. But, even i play more than the lots of the players, 1st phase far from being done. In fact, it is impossible to do. Be honest, this so called event was never at about playing and earning the tanks or other rewards. This was all about selling some crap. So next time, try to sell your garbage tanks, don't show it like it is an event. 

I interested with this dishonoured event only because of spare parts, but due to your greedy, i have to pay more than 10k golds to achieve them even i finished lots of the phases of the event. Still wondering why players hate you WG? I pity you.

Edited by Toulgar, 25 October 2017 - 06:22 PM.

vonSkaby #50 Posted 26 October 2017 - 06:37 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 23165 battles
  • [FUZ]

Where is the problem? Someone really thinks we have a right to receive gifts?

Be happy ther "IS" a way to play for free and you have NOT to pay monthly for using the server.

About this event:

1) it IS an event, because it is limited to a short time and you have to do something in this time lapse.

2) the event is about two tanks, all the other rewards are goodies - if you are interested only in the goodies, your problem.

3) it is an event where the better player you are, the LESS money you have to spend. It is not only about logging in, it is about doing as much damage as possible in three battles and earning at least 650 XP in as much battles as possible - if you are good, you deliver, if you are AFK (not the clan, they are good) it won't help you playing 1.000.000 battles...

So what? we FINALLY have an event where better players earn more and some of you are still whining?

Edited by vonSkaby, 26 October 2017 - 06:41 AM.

RA1D_SCHNITZEL_ #51 Posted 26 October 2017 - 07:44 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 44673 battles
  • [RA1D]

View PostvonSkaby, on 26 October 2017 - 06:37 AM, said:

Where is the problem? Someone really thinks we have a right to receive gifts?

Be happy ther "IS" a way to play for free and you have NOT to pay monthly for using the server.

About this event:

1) it IS an event, because it is limited to a short time and you have to do something in this time lapse.

2) the event is about two tanks, all the other rewards are goodies - if you are interested only in the goodies, your problem.

3) it is an event where the better player you are, the LESS money you have to spend. It is not only about logging in, it is about doing as much damage as possible in three battles and earning at least 650 XP in as much battles as possible - if you are good, you deliver, if you are AFK (not the clan, they are good) it won't help you playing 1.000.000 battles...

So what? we FINALLY have an event where better players earn more and some of you are still whining?

Seriously I like your FUZ-y optimism but I have to disagree. Skill is only a minor factor in this event: the damage part of the grind is easy even for mediocre players and even if you dont make it you only need a little bit of gold to complete the imperial fist line, as most of the gold needed is for the UM line. The UM line on the other hand is not primarily about skill but about time. And to even lesser the "skill-event" argument most free tanks are given to absolute beginners with only a couple of games at all. So no, this event is only to a very very little part about skill, its pretending to be about skill but in fact its just WG thinking players are stupid enough to fall for their tricks but I dont think it will work out (like in the Goose Event). The KpfPz70 event was about skill (well, for some at least skilled rigging ;) ) and I liked and defended it. This thing here is just annoying (teams) with absolutely no reward (no, I dont consider paying 11000 gold after completing 2 lines and stage 4 of the UM line for two lousy tanks a reward).

jarkker97 #52 Posted 26 October 2017 - 07:45 AM

Private

• Player
  • 5620 battles
  • [DFE]

Can i get a one day more from warhammer40,000 macragge's Thunder plees im so close to get them

vonSkaby #53 Posted 26 October 2017 - 08:05 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 23165 battles
  • [FUZ]

View Postsuperschnitzelkoenig, on 26 October 2017 - 08:44 AM, said:

Seriously I like your FUZ-y optimism but I have to disagree. Skill is only a minor factor in this event: the damage part of the grind is easy even for mediocre players and even if you dont make it you only need a little bit of gold to complete the imperial fist line, as most of the gold needed is for the UM line. The UM line on the other hand is not primarily about skill but about time. And to even lesser the "skill-event" argument most free tanks are given to absolute beginners with only a couple of games at all. So no, this event is only to a very very little part about skill, its pretending to be about skill but in fact its just WG thinking players are stupid enough to fall for their tricks but I dont think it will work out (like in the Goose Event). The KpfPz70 event was about skill (well, for some at least skilled rigging ;) ) and I liked and defended it. This thing here is just annoying (teams) with absolutely no reward (no, I dont consider paying 11000 gold after completing 2 lines and stage 4 of the UM line for two lousy tanks a reward).

You don't have to buy them, nobody is pressing you to do it.

But IF you want to buy them, the better you are, the cheaper they are.

You are right, it is not only about skill, and skill will not be enough to get them for free - but again, you don't have to buy them.

I don't understand why so many people talks as if WG has to gift away premiums - ok they do it to beginners, but they don't have to.

We enjoy the opportunity to play for free on good servers with a good software and we still complain we don't have enough gifts?

Premiums are normally for gold. With this event you can have two premiums for gold. How much gold? depends from you.

oyemeLife #54 Posted 26 October 2017 - 09:00 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 19531 battles
  • [LORDS]

View PostvonSkaby, on 26 October 2017 - 08:05 AM, said:

You are right, it is not only about skill, and skill will not be enough to get them for free - but again, you don't have to buy them.

I don't understand why so many people talks as if WG has to gift away premiums - ok they do it to beginners, but they don't have to.

We enjoy the opportunity to play for free on good servers with a good software and we still complain we don't have enough gifts?

Premiums are normally for gold. With this event you can have two premiums for gold. How much gold? depends from you.

Please read carefully what people say.

WOT says that everyone could get those tanks if you play hard, but in the real world, you can't get them without buying a gold.

Player: Is it possible to win those tanks? 

WOT: Yes, we are all equal, you spend your time or money

Player: I play 8 hours every day and I still can't get those tanks

WOT: ....

vonSkaby #55 Posted 26 October 2017 - 09:09 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 23165 battles
  • [FUZ]

View PostoyemeLife, on 26 October 2017 - 10:00 AM, said:

Please read carefully what people say.

WOT says that everyone could get those tanks if you play hard, but in the real world, you can't get them without buying a gold.

Player: Is it possible to win those tanks? 

WOT: Yes, we are all equal, you spend your time or money

Player: I play 8 hours every day and I still can't get those tanks

WOT: ....

Please read carefully what WOT said:

you spend your time or money

if you play 24/7 you will have the tanks for free - there was no reference to real life, there was no reference that 8 hours where enough...

Why do you always pretend something for free?

oyemeLife #56 Posted 26 October 2017 - 09:24 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 19531 battles
  • [LORDS]

View PostvonSkaby, on 26 October 2017 - 09:09 AM, said:

Please read carefully what WOT said:

you spend your time or money

if you play 24/7 you will have the tanks for free - there was no reference to real life, there was no reference that 8 hours where enough...

Why do you always pretend something for free?

You can't get them for free even you play 24/7. Does it make sense for you right now? 

But WOT keeps telling us that you have options. There are no options at all. Thre is only one option - PAY

Think man.

vonSkaby #57 Posted 26 October 2017 - 09:34 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 23165 battles
  • [FUZ]

View PostoyemeLife, on 26 October 2017 - 10:24 AM, said:

You can't get them for free even you play 24/7. Does it make sense for you right now? 

But WOT keeps telling us that you have options. There are no options at all. Thre is only one option - PAY

Think man.

No. You don't make sense to me.

I'm only about average, and I have about half the necessary UM-tokens. I play 2-3 hours each day. Probably 12 hour per day will be enough.

And even if there are no options but to buy it... so what?

Politicians tell you everything to get your vote, do you believe everything of it?

Tradesmen praise what they sell, it is your part to evaluate if it is worth...

Edited by vonSkaby, 26 October 2017 - 09:38 AM.

RA1D_SCHNITZEL_ #58 Posted 26 October 2017 - 10:05 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 44673 battles
  • [RA1D]

View PostvonSkaby, on 26 October 2017 - 08:05 AM, said:

Look, I completely understand your point and actually I had a similar stand in the discussion of the IS-2Sh event a couple of months ago and took a lot of critisism for it. BUT, and there's the big but: The IS-2Sh was tough to grind but it was doable. You had to do ALL the missions, twice a day and that was hard but realistic. The W40K Event is NOT realistic. And if you say it is theoretically possible than you are semantically correct but completely miss the point. It's about how you communicate with your customers. Do you respect them or do you treat them like complete idiotic fools? That's the thing why this event is so annoying. And no, I absolutely don't think WG should give ANY Premiums away for free, if there was no event at all I would be perfectly fine. But IF you do an event, do it in a decent manner. You say I can bring down the gold amount: Where is the draw if I play a lot and complete two lines and have to pay as much gold for EACH of the two tanks as I would have to buy a regular Tier 7 Premium tank? How is that an "event"?

What disturbs me most is the fact that this event is just another example of how terribly WotBlitz is managed. It - and this I can tell for sure - will be another complete flop event. It simply won't work. Remember the last event that was really successfull? It was the Helsing / Dracula thing a year ago. That was tough enough but doable. Afterwards we had Goose (complete fail, you hardly saw ANY of the gooses), the IS-2Sh event (mediocre fail, not many of them around even right after the event) and now the W40K event (I predict another major fail in terms of sales. You will see a decent amount of them but the absolute big number will be people who got them from crates and I really doubt many will buy them for gold. ) So even from a business perspective WG seems to do another terrible job (like the 3.8 desaster). I really fear the worst for the game. 

Edited by superschnitzelkoenig, 26 October 2017 - 10:06 AM.

vonSkaby #59 Posted 26 October 2017 - 10:30 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 23165 battles
  • [FUZ]

View Postsuperschnitzelkoenig, on 26 October 2017 - 11:05 AM, said:

Look, I completely understand your point and actually I had a similar stand in the discussion of the IS-2Sh event a couple of months ago and took a lot of critisism for it. BUT, and there's the big but: The IS-2Sh was tough to grind but it was doable. You had to do ALL the missions, twice a day and that was hard but realistic. The W40K Event is NOT realistic. And if you say it is theoretically possible than you are semantically correct but completely miss the point. It's about how you communicate with your customers. Do you respect them or do you treat them like complete idiotic fools? That's the thing why this event is so annoying. And no, I absolutely don't think WG should give ANY Premiums away for free, if there was no event at all I would be perfectly fine. But IF you do an event, do it in a decent manner. You say I can bring down the gold amount: Where is the draw if I play a lot and complete two lines and have to pay as much gold for EACH of the two tanks as I would have to buy a regular Tier 7 Premium tank? How is that an "event"?

What disturbs me most is the fact that this event is just another example of how terribly WotBlitz is managed. It - and this I can tell for sure - will be another complete flop event. It simply won't work. Remember the last event that was really successfull? It was the Helsing / Dracula thing a year ago. That was tough enough but doable. Afterwards we had Goose (complete fail, you hardly saw ANY of the gooses), the IS-2Sh event (mediocre fail, not many of them around even right after the event) and now the W40K event (I predict another major fail in terms of sales. You will see a decent amount of them but the absolute big number will be people who got them from crates and I really doubt many will buy them for gold. ) So even from a business perspective WG seems to do another terrible job (like the 3.8 desaster). I really fear the worst for the game. 

Ok - on most points we can agree.

Let's say it's bad marketing, but no fraud?

But I believe you are wrong underestimating the warhammer fans. I believe there are many more than you think and they will buy the tanks, only because they know them from the tabletop. We will see at the end of the event how many of these tanks will be there.

RA1D_SCHNITZEL_ #60 Posted 26 October 2017 - 12:03 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 44673 battles
  • [RA1D]

View PostvonSkaby, on 26 October 2017 - 10:30 AM, said:

Ok - on most points we can agree.

Let's say it's bad marketing, but no fraud?

But I believe you are wrong underestimating the warhammer fans. I believe there are many more than you think and they will buy the tanks, only because they know them from the tabletop. We will see at the end of the event how many of these tanks will be there.

Yes, it is no fraud at all but really bad marketing or - as many here would rightfully say - disrespectfull towards the players. But maybe "regular" players were not the target group at all, maybe they indeed think they can lure enough W40K players to pay the extra gold to get tanks of their beloved series. Unfortunately we will never find out, who gets the tank from crates and who pays for it (well only if there is a massive amount of Vindicators and Predators after the event ends...). However, I definitely think WG has not done itself a favour - once again. It's time for a serious competitor on mobile platforms. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users