Teamplay in random

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Boogie0NE #1 Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:50 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 15618 battles
  • [_VLNT]

I just bought my son the game Overwatch.

This is an online game with teams mutch like Blitz.

But when the random battle is over there is a button

"Stay in team"

If the team is good and you Work good together you actually have the option to play NeXT random battle in the same team more or less. Offcourse only the once who press the button.

This would be a really cool feature in blitz. I was just in a battle in my Matilda IV and we had awesome teamplay and chat ingame. Almost all said great teamwork in the end.

I am not talking about 7 people clan-toons. There could be a rule that it is only possible if not in a platoon or something.

Give your opinions!

Boogie0NE

Valiant is recruiting

jonty_2014 #2 Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:24 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 50072 battles
  • [EMRS]
Hmmmmmm. Nice idea, but given that co-ordinating 6 other random players is a bit like herding cats, it might be difficult to implement as some players like to play different tiers - the other risk is that a sneaky clan could organise a count-in and end up with platoons of 3 or more over a series of games.

Warren5 #3 Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:33 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 30534 battles
  • [VG]

Capture the Base is the only command they seem - and I repeat ''SEEM'' to understand.

SOS is a waste of time - could just as well replace it with ''Free doughnuts here'' button -

''Stay in Team'' would be awesome - Jonty is spot on though - Noobs are worse than cats when trying to herd them

Edited by Warren5, 12 October 2017 - 09:35 AM.

Boogie0NE #4 Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:35 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 15618 battles
  • [_VLNT]

View Postjonty_2014, on 12 October 2017 - 09:24 AM, said:

Hmmmmmm. Nice idea, but given that co-ordinating 6 other random players is a bit like herding cats, it might be difficult to implement as some players like to play different tiers - the other risk is that a sneaky clan could organise a count-in and end up with platoons of 3 or more over a series of games.

It works in overwatch. If 4 out of 7 press “stay in team” 3 other random players just join. No problem. And it could stille be random MM because there is not talk about a team of great skills/WR. Only a random team that like to continue.

About clans doing countdown. WG could make it impossible for more then 2 clanmembers to be on the same team in random battles. If We got trainingrooms for clans to play as a team.

I am not sure how ICE would fit in tho. But mabye there could be a fix like once pr month a micropath would open up for the possibility

View PostWarren5, on 12 October 2017 - 09:33 AM, said:

Capture the Base is the only command they seem - and I repeat ''SEEM'' to understand.

SOS is a waste of time - could just as well replace it with ''Free doughnuts here'' button -

''Stay in Team'' would be awesome - Jonty is spot on though - Noobs are worse than cats when trying to herd them

I really disagree. Noobs can be very good to play like a team. I have not gotten my winrate by soloperformance/Platoon performance. Sure that is a part of it but I got one of the highest WR in Valiant but I am not one the best players.

But I often get my them to work together. I write in chat to them and I do not command. I give suggestions and if they do not listen, I listen to them. It works if done right. Just look at my stats.

Valiant is recruiting

TheDudeAbidesBlitz #5 Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:42 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 595 battles
  • [IRMA_]
Nice, but exploitable.

Warren5 #6 Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:43 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 30534 battles
  • [VG]

View PostBoogie0NE, on 12 October 2017 - 09:40 AM, said:

I really disagree. Noobs can be very good to play like a team. I have not gotten my winrate by soloperformance/Platoon performance. Sure that is a part of it but I got one of the highest WR in Valiant but I am not one the best players.

But I often get my them to work together. I write in chat to them and I do not command. I give suggestions and if they do not listen, I listen to them. It works if done right. Just look at my stats.

I hope to be on your team one day

Boogie0NE #7 Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:59 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 15618 battles
  • [_VLNT]

View PostWarren5, on 12 October 2017 - 09:43 AM, said:

I hope to be on your team one day

Hit me up for platoon ;-)

Valiant is recruiting

Birdistheword15 #8 Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:59 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 34463 battles
  • [BRIT6]

When they cannot even seem to understand <<<< or >>>> AND the team is clearly shown to be heading in that direction indicated by the arrows then I despair. Its basic.

Edited by Birdistheword15, 12 October 2017 - 10:00 AM.

Boogie0NE #9 Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:00 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 15618 battles
  • [_VLNT]

View PostBirdistheword15, on 12 October 2017 - 09:59 AM, said:

When they cannot even seem to understand <<<< and >>>> AND the team is clearly shown to be heading in that direction indicated by the arrows then I despair. 

But when the team understand..... Press “Stay in team” ;-)

Valiant is recruiting

Bada__Bing #10 Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:07 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 5752 battles
  • [B-B-B]

This is a nice idea, sure some would find a way to exploit it but well worth looking into. Can I make a further suggestion? 

Please give us a ' Don't ever give me this team again! " button.

Mjr_Eazy #11 Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:13 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 6289 battles
  • [BT_SV]

I think this is a great idea Boogie0NE.

Cheaters are gonna cheat what-ever you do, therefore I don't think that should stop something like this, and the safe-guards suggested sound good to me.

As you say sometimes you get great team work (see my perfick team post!) and it would be nice to carry on.

He who stops being better stops being good.  Oliver Cromwell I was soundly beaten, and i am the better for it.  Monty

I keep getting beaten but getting better so its all good man :harp:. Major Eazy

AnasGh96 #12 Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:32 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 43106 battles
  • [VLNT]

This could be a great idea ! But under the condition that it could not be made exploitable by some clan memhers who could hook up on purpose on the same team, like the other forumers said.

Cookiebile #13 Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:02 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 40605 battles
  • [IRMA]
[Edit, I can’t read properly] 

Edited by Cookiebile, 12 October 2017 - 12:42 PM.

TonySpoons #14 Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:43 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 2470 battles
  • [B-B-B]

View PostBirdistheword15, on 12 October 2017 - 09:59 AM, said:

When they cannot even seem to understand <<<< or >>>> AND the team is clearly shown to be heading in that direction indicated by the arrows then I despair. Its basic.

I've had people reply affirmative and then head the opposite direction...it does my head in.

And there's always the wise guy who clearly has no situational awareness, heads in the opposite direction to the rest of the team, then when he gets monstered hits 'SOS' like that will atone for what he's done.

Problem with this suggestion is that it would be unfair if a group of unicums end up together and then stay together for many games, lumping others with the useless players waiting in the queue. Replacing one problem with another.

reekoiler #15 Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:01 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 11671 battles
  • [ACES_]

Yes, good idea.   I bet though there will be interesting fractures when it turns out our willingness to subordinate ourselves to the team’s interests is outweighed by egotistic drives.   A long way of saying early enthusiasm may quickly dissolve.   But still good!   Anything that improves and rewards team play is welcome.

it’s a team game!

Knickerson, my apologies.

Acids_Burn #16 Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:10 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 26641 battles
  • [EMRS]
Let me explain for all those who like to jump on the trigger - "stay in team" button is not a fast command button like "sos" or "capture the base".
"Stay in team" is a button that shows up AFTER the battle is over. IF you liked the team you were given by MM then you have the option to press that "stay in team" button and in the next battle you will be in the same team with all others who pressed the "stay in team" button AFTER the previous battle.
I really see only one way to exploit that feature and that is if 3 or more players do a countdown, end up in same team and then simply keep pressing the "stay in team" button but that's easily fixable with a restriction to how many players from one clan can join the same team.
If anyone asks me - that would be a great feature BUT... I am absolutely sure WG will not implement it - too much messing with the MM.

I do know that the way i express myself to some, if not most, people sound a bit too...aggressive? salty? rude?... but this is the way i speak and the way my thought train rolls...so...yeah...i'm not trying to insult anyone or pick up any fights.

">http://www.blitzstar...u/532956899.png[/img][/url]                    

Peddy_tanj_it #17 Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:15 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 40466 battles
  • [TANG]

Interesting idea. 

Hit it the same team button and stay in the same team. 

So what you are proposing is at maximum a platoon of 7 players. (If everybody on the team hits the stay in team button).

I can see opportunities for people to misuse this option particularly in events where you have to gain damage and get in the top 1000 such as the last event. I am sure that other people can see other dubious types of game play that could occur. 

It would also complicate the Match Making quite a bit as you would then have to try to match a super platoon of seven players against a random selection of players. Would you increase the abilities of the opposing players to compensate for the improved performance of this very large platoon? Would these super platoons become dominant within the game? Possibly not but during the quiet times late at night and early mornings they could be very hard to match make against? 

Would you allow them to participate in ranked battles?  I would suggest that this would be against the concept of what a ranked battle is supposed to be. So I at least would not allow them to take part in ranked battles. 

I like the idea because sometimes you come across a team that just works well together communicates and even the noobish players respond and do the "right thing". It is so great when that happens and is one of the great joys of playing the game and so rare that I can understand wanting to repeat it immediately. But I fear the downsides of this too much and feel that the efforts of the developers would be better directed into other areas. 

Birdistheword15 #18 Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:58 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 34463 battles
  • [BRIT6]

View PostTonySpoons, on 12 October 2017 - 11:43 AM, said:

I've had people reply affirmative and then head the opposite direction...it does my head in.

And there's always the wise guy who clearly has no situational awareness, heads in the opposite direction to the rest of the team, then when he gets monstered hits 'SOS' like that will atone for what he's done.

Aka 'directionally challenged' teammates.

Cancracker #19 Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:18 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 45348 battles
  • [COBRA]

View PostAnasGh96, on 12 October 2017 - 10:32 AM, said:

This could be a great idea ! But under the condition that it could not be made exploitable by some clan memhers who could hook up on purpose on the same team, like the other forumers said.

And how can this be stopped? Even if there are people from different clans in the end there will be a super team that wins all on the trot. Then imagine you are a player that just pressed battle and you end up playing against this team. Some might say such a team should meet a similarly constructed team but that would take some time. In the end it must be a different mode like rating battles is because it's more in that direction rather than random. So until someone comes with an idea how to mitigate exploits and offer fairer games than the random mode does, even noob free games, this is not really worth spending time on.

"X 5 weekend, 10 games 9 losses ...
Some seals will be getting sooooo clubbed in the next couple of weeks."
                                                                                                             jonty_2014

PrinzofHentai #20 Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:23 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 2855 battles
  • [_GUP_]

Don't forget an refuse option for when noobs hit the stay in team button in an effort to be carried by an above average player who actually knows what they are doing. 

Edited by PrinzofHentai, 12 October 2017 - 03:25 PM.

"Do you seek to fulfill your desires mortal? Taste this apple of Desire and gain the desire you have wished for... but you will forfeit your life and become mine" - Veronica Moriarty.  

"A country without people is not a country, The country does not make the people it's the people that make the country" - PrinzofHentai
Owner of Stug III
Tanks in garage: KV-1 Dedicated Warrior, The Princess (Churchill Mk VIII), Pz IV Anko SP, Kuro Mori Mine, Hetzer Kame SP, T7 Combat car, Stug III , Pz S35, BT-7 Gamescom 2017, M3 Light, Crusader TGS 2017 , Cromwell Full Forward & TGS 2017, Centurion Mk I, Centurion Mk 7/1.   
Asia Tank garage: Medium I, R. Otsu, Chi-Ni
NA tank garage: Lowe, T23E3, SU 100Y, Chi-Ha, Vindicator UM  
Tanks with a Ace Mastery badge: Hetzer Kame SP, Crusader TGS 2017, BT 7 Gamescom 2017, M3 Light  Cromwell TGS 2017, 
VK 16.02 Leopard..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users