So the event madness begins

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

StinkySausage #1 Posted 17 October 2017 - 03:29 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 16089 battles
  • [STORM]

3 hours into the event and I am done playing this game for the next ten days.   Events that require players to inflict maximum damage to earn tokens only leads to one thing - teams consisting of all TDs/heavys and no meds.   It also leads to players who have no business at higher tiers rolling out there highest level premium tank and scoring zero damage. Team after team of three or more players scoring zero, nada, zip, nothing, nowt, sweet FA. 

Now where did I see that app for battleships........

VonPottypoop #2 Posted 17 October 2017 - 05:42 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 14873 battles
  • [FTC-1]
Just have done with the event. It's a snip at just £90 to unlock both tanks. Go on do it! 

​Very proud leader of the Fun-Tan-Clan 

Birdistheword15 #3 Posted 20 October 2017 - 07:18 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 37109 battles
  • [BRIT6]
It will get even worse next week with schoolkids in the uk on their half term break. 

The_Mighty_Wombat #4 Posted 20 October 2017 - 07:30 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 33772 battles
  • [-GNA-]

View PostBirdistheword15, on 20 October 2017 - 08:18 PM, said:

It will get even worse next week with schoolkids in the uk on their half term break. 

Blue_Snail #5 Posted 21 October 2017 - 11:56 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 4457 battles

Well, in truth, its not so bad.  Most knowledgeable players are pretty much ignoring it.

A few wallet warriors got their Odd Tanks.  And a few lucky folks will get theirs in containers.

I think this will be remembered as an Uneventful Event.  :popcorn:

VonPottypoop #6 Posted 22 October 2017 - 12:00 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 14873 battles
  • [FTC-1]

All my clan and a few other friends on here are complaining about WR slide and just how bad the game play is. I told the clan that if they have a tier 9 just use ranked battles to grind it until the event is over.

I got asked to do a tier 3 toon yesterday so I broke protocol but this is how it went.

We were at Mines and our spawn was at the Cap end Near the houses. We were the only two tier 3 and the rest were tier 4. We went right as a toon and got right down so we could put fire into them climbing the hill..all good so far. We got there and started to hit them but this is where it went from normal to insane. We quickly found that we were facing the whole team firing down on us and kind of got caught behind rocks just been able to peek a boom. We held them for three minutes! I asked my toon mate on Discord “Where is the team?” But a bit more colourful. We got surrounded and both got killed. I flicked over to the team and my toon mate was already laughing. I didn’t see the funny bit. All five were sat up on the hill camping and hadn’t moved for 3 minuets, Seriously in all my 9000 battles have I ever seen anything like it. Tier 1 you might understand it but tier 4 OMG!

Precariat #7 Posted 22 October 2017 - 01:19 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 12232 battles
  • [B-B-B]

View PostVonPottypoop, on 22 October 2017 - 12:00 PM, said:

All my clan and a few other friends on here are complaining about WR slide and just how bad the game play is. I told the clan that if they have a tier 9 just use ranked battles to grind it until the event is over.

I got asked to do a tier 3 toon yesterday so I broke protocol but this is how it went.

We were at Mines and our spawn was at the Cap end Near the houses. We were the only two tier 3 and the rest were tier 4. We went right as a toon and got right down so we could put fire into them climbing the hill..all good so far. We got there and started to hit them but this is where it went from normal to insane. We quickly found that we were facing the whole team firing down on us and kind of got caught behind rocks just been able to peek a boom. We held them for three minutes! I asked my toon mate on Discord “Where is the team?” But a bit more colourful. We got surrounded and both got killed. I flicked over to the team and my toon mate was already laughing. I didn’t see the funny bit. All five were sat up on the hill camping and hadn’t moved for 3 minuets, Seriously in all my 9000 battles have I ever seen anything like it. Tier 1 you might understand it but tier 4 OMG!

Ah yes, those low tier maps all seem to have "camping sites" that attract so many players. It's not like they are even good spots, something you learn over time.

I'll admit I used those same spots for far too long in the first few months. They are bad (for the team) though they can allow high damage for one of the occupiers on occasion, it is very reliant on the enemy sitting in the line of fire. More often you get spotted and then cannot get out of the line of fire yourself. I avoid them like the plague now, better to find a good hull-down spot and remain flexible.

I seem to recall one game on Mines where I was on the other side of the map and was the only one to go halfway up the facing slope before realising my team was camped behind me, peaking over the top 5 of the reds had done the same on the other side, the other two crested the hill one at a time and went to the mine entrance where they got picked off.. Their team mates also followed one at a time. The most amusing thing was no one firing at me as I was halfway between and not an obvious target.

When you can't walk, you crawl and when you can't crawl anymore somebody will carry you

jakobrygaard #8 Posted 22 October 2017 - 05:59 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 19738 battles
  • [-OD-]

View PostVonPottypoop, on 22 October 2017 - 12:00 PM, said:

Thats horrible advice mate.. Sometimes you have to wait 1-2 minutes in queue for ranked with a t9 tank.. So every 2 ranked games you can pull off 3 normal games.. At that rate it'll be even harder to get anywhere near completing the event!

VonPottypoop #9 Posted 22 October 2017 - 06:25 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 14873 battles
  • [FTC-1]

View Postjakobrygaard, on 22 October 2017 - 05:59 PM, said:

Thats horrible advice mate.. Sometimes you have to wait 1-2 minutes in queue for ranked with a t9 tank.. So every 2 ranked games you can pull off 3 normal games.. At that rate it'll be even harder to get anywhere near completing the event!

The advice was a way to stop Wr slide, I haven’t seen anyone rubbish the notion that the gameplay has declined. You also said sometimes but it’s not always the case.

Chairman_merpug #10 Posted 22 October 2017 - 08:49 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 34194 battles
  • [AFK]
You can still improve your gameplay even if you lose. WR is an illusion. Do your best. Think how the team will play, rather than expect them to play rationally. Not found a tier yet where everyone did.

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it.

Be nice to me..

http://www.blitzstar...r/eu/mrpgilbert

jakobrygaard #11 Posted 22 October 2017 - 08:56 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 19738 battles
  • [-OD-]

View PostVonPottypoop, on 22 October 2017 - 06:25 PM, said:

The advice was a way to stop Wr slide, I haven’t seen anyone rubbish the notion that the gameplay has declined. You also said sometimes but it’s not always the case.

I might be unlucky then, cause its always 30+ seconds vs less than 5 in regular games.. I havent experienced any WR slide - from the 17th until today I have gone up from 59.57 to 59.73 on the career WR, so I dont think you have to run scared just because there are more noobs.. The more noobs the more important a decent performance is in the long run - though it might not feel so game to game, I know!! I think its more important to roll with some tanks that are less team dependant when many noobs hit the servers at once.. During this week I have been demolished in Bulldog, T21, Hellcat (5 games, 0 wins..) while Ive done extremly well in do-it-all tanks like Pershing. I'd probably stick to just mediums with some armor or heavies with some mobility if it hadnt been because Ive made a killing in AT15 as well ;)

Probably just ignore the last part - play any stronger tank that works well for you and your WR will go up with the noobs ;) The advice about having something with a modicum of mobility and armor is not bad though, considering you'd like to be able to get some spotting xp etc to consistenly hit 650 xp in a win - again, sell that Hellcat :angry:

Chairman_merpug #12 Posted 22 October 2017 - 10:13 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 34194 battles
  • [AFK]
Um. I pushed the Hellcat to my best ever stats let week, slid a bit since due to me screwing up, but it's a great tank.

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it.

Be nice to me..

http://www.blitzstar...r/eu/mrpgilbert

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users