• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

bunnybun123 #1 Posted 31 October 2017 - 07:05 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 8160 battles
  • [FTC-1]

Hey everyone, 

Since I'm still a Wot Blitz-noob, I decided to open my topic in the Newcomers' Forum. Currently, I'm grinding the American-heavies line (towards the T110E5), and I'm stuck at Tier V with the T1 Heavy. I thought it would be a lot more fun than the M3 Lee, which is mostly named the worst thank in WoT, but I actually did quit well in it, certainly with the top gun. The T1 on the other hand is a totally different story. I didn't play a lot of games already but it just doesn't work for me at all. It is called "mobile", but I've never driven a tank that is so immobile. I mean, it's quite fast for a heavy, but it turns so slowly that I'm totally chanceless against almost any opponent I face. The only moments I seem to do okay in this tank is when my team keeps the reds busy and I can shoot from a distance. 

About the gun tho, it is probably me, but I can't pen almost anything with the stock gun I still have. I bounce even very often on a Luchs or a Leopard. I guess I should be able to pen a light tank easily no? They weren't even angled. I wouldn't mind the gun too much if I can defend myself properly, but unfortunately, that's not the case. As I said, it turns really slowly, and it has bad armour. I really can't enjoy playing this tank at this moment...

I would like to ask for some advice. I know about sidescraping, and I try, but it seems very difficult to find the right angle, since the armor on the sides is almost non-existent. Hull-down is something I can barely try - I still need to practice tho - since I'm almost always dead before I even reach a good spot to try it out. I'm now at 82 percent crew and I already improved the tracks and did one engine upgrade, but it's still turns like a barn. I definitely need some help :P

Thanks in advance :)

mrpgilbert #2 Posted 31 October 2017 - 08:01 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 31321 battles
  • [AFK]
Hy mate, and welcome to the forum.
The T1 has the potential to be an absolute monster, but you're going to need to get it fully upgraded first. Checking blitzstars.com, you've played 22 games in the big ol' mama, so it's not surprising you and she haven't clicked yet.
Once you do, you'll have a blast. And then you'll get the M6, which is a lot less fun...
There are YouTubes out there, and there's a bit of stuff in the American tanks section down below.
My own advice is to first learn not to die fast and then to combine that with doing damage lots. If the standard shells don't pen, use premium ammo, which you can buy with credits, rather than gold.

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it.

Be nice to me..

http://www.blitzstar...r/eu/mrpgilbert

bunnybun123 #3 Posted 31 October 2017 - 08:14 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 8160 battles
  • [FTC-1]

View Postmrpgilbert, on 31 October 2017 - 08:01 AM, said:

Hy mate, and welcome to the forum.
The T1 has the potential to be an absolute monster, but you're going to need to get it fully upgraded first. Checking blitzstars.com, you've played 22 games in the big ol' mama, so it's not surprising you and she haven't clicked yet.
Once you do, you'll have a blast. And then you'll get the M6, which is a lot less fun...
There are YouTubes out there, and there's a bit of stuff in the American tanks section down below.
My own advice is to first learn not to die fast and then to combine that with doing damage lots. If the standard shells don't pen, use premium ammo, which you can buy with credits, rather than gold.

Thanks! I upgraded the 2nd gun a few battles ago, and that's already a huge improvement, both pen and reload, so a much better damage potential. I found that wiggling the hull seems to help as well to bounce shots. I managed to win 2 battles in a row for the first time in this tank :) 

I'll take al look at the YouTube video's, thanks! 

Precariat #4 Posted 31 October 2017 - 02:09 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 9091 battles
  • [B-B-B]

It's my top tank for WR. It's a Heavyium so I use it's mobility to re-position between shots or charge down enemies that lack good armour. A ram can do more damage than the gun and often nets a kill. You can play a bit aggressively as it will bounce shots quite often. I wouldn't go toe to toe with the KV though.

But as mrpgilbert said you'll want to upgrade it. I tend to get the engine/suspension upgraded quickly unless the gun is a complete disaster. As you have noticed traverse is an important stat.

For me it's a keeper, although I do more average damage in the M4 Sherman

Edited by Precariat, 31 October 2017 - 02:10 PM.

When you can't walk, you crawl and when you can't crawl anymore somebody will carry you

Broadsword_ #5 Posted 31 October 2017 - 06:42 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 31803 battles
  • [1RTR_]

I don' find the T1 to be an effective side scraper. It's sides are made from wet paper bags and can be easily overmatched.  I would recommend just peeking and snap shotting around corners.

Warmest regards 

Broadsword

In war it is the man that counts, and not only the machine. A good tank is useless unless the team inside it are well trained, and the men in the team have stout hearts and enthusiasm for the fight. Montgomery Nov 1944

superschnitzelkoenig #6 Posted 01 November 2017 - 10:27 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 39543 battles
  • [RA1D]
Plus Hulldown of course as any decent American... Tier V Heavies are ridiculously strong and the T1 Heavy is one of the strongest. You will out-DPM most tanks including Mediums and your frontal armour will produce a lot of bounces, especially if you use a mobile and aggressive playstyle. Just make sure your sides are protected by hard cover and you will be fine.

Stop Complaining...           ...Carry Harder!

Deadly_Tank_Girl #7 Posted 21 November 2017 - 05:36 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 486 battles
  • [_--_]
T1 & M6 are two of my favorite tier V & VI heavies. Speed, armor, and firepower are almost unparalleled. Angling, sidescraping, and situational awareness are pivotal however. If you're not where your team needs you to be, you can't help them, and they can't help you. Follow the direction that the majority of your team goes, this doesn't always work, however it works more than yolo'ing. Pay attention to chatter, see what your team plans on doing. Maybe your input before the match, or during can be helpful towards victory.

N00basaurus #8 Posted 09 December 2017 - 02:49 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 4295 battles
  • [ALBAB]

The T1 absolutely desperately requires to be fully upgraded, especially with the top engine. Unfortunately the top engine is extremely expensive and the grind is very painful.

The one thing you need to remember, is that the T1 does not play as the KV-1. Its sides are too thin. Sidescraping does not work well, besides the gun is too wonky to do the snapshots required of scrape-style peek-a-boom.

There are a couple older topics about it, and the info in them is still viable despite the equipment changes in 4.4.

Tier 4/5, be the bully. You've got a big fat tank with decent-to-good frontal armour and a strong turret. Shoot until the reds are low on health, then charge and ram them. Yes, it's an amazing ramming tank. 57 tonnes and 1000+ engine hp make for a heckuva wallop. Go for Hardened Modules for that -20% ramming damage to your tank.

Pure tier 5 (rarest), shoot until you spot an isolated red then ram. Be careful not to expose your flabby sides to an SU-85 or Sfl.

Tier 5/6, support the team. Your tank is almost identical to the M6, except for worse gun and better maneuvrability (and about 20 mm on the front glacis). Don't ram since you risk exposing yourself to a KV-2 (instakill from full HP), SU-100Y (5% HP from full) or other similar. You'll have to snipe, which isn't good due to the relatively inaccurate gun and weird shell trajectory.

Edited by N00basaurus, 09 December 2017 - 02:52 AM.

Female crew voicepacks please!

Reclassify the M7 as a Light tank! Remove the stock 37 mm!

Tijgerhaai_XIV #9 Posted 09 December 2017 - 12:20 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 8021 battles
  • [ALBA]
Actually M6, by the stats, is more mobile, as it is a tiny bit lighter, same HP, and has better terrain resistance.

If I remember right. Too lazy to check. And yes, it doesn't feel that way...

Titus_Scato #10 Posted 09 December 2017 - 07:27 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 37240 battles
  • [1RTR]

View PostTijgerhaai_XIV, on 09 December 2017 - 12:20 PM, said:

Actually M6, by the stats, is more mobile, as it is a tiny bit lighter, same HP, and has better terrain resistance.

If I remember right. Too lazy to check. And yes, it doesn't feel that way...

The M6 has identical effective power to weight ratio and terrain resistance as the T1 heavy - except for when it's reversing, when the M6 is better.

Tijgerhaai_XIV #11 Posted 09 December 2017 - 07:58 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 8021 battles
  • [ALBA]

View PostTitus_Scato, on 09 December 2017 - 08:27 PM, said:

The M6 has identical effective power to weight ratio and terrain resistance as the T1 heavy - except for when it's reversing, when the M6 is better.

See? Exactly what I said :P

BAHA_in_blitz #12 Posted 25 March 2018 - 12:07 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 6073 battles
  • [M_A]
https://www.youtube....coPvX51cerG_AcA

mrpgilbert #13 Posted 25 March 2018 - 12:12 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 31321 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostBAHA_in_blitz, on 25 March 2018 - 12:07 AM, said:

Don't spam threads. And figure out how to post a YouTube link. 

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it.

Be nice to me..

http://www.blitzstar...r/eu/mrpgilbert

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users