• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

minitelrose #1 Posted 03 November 2017 - 07:46 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 46626 battles
  • [AFK]

ok guys this is the current state of modding,

and I didn’t want and hesitated a lot before posting, for fear of publicity.

If I decided to post it, it’s because apparently WG has decided to crackdown on it.

we need to separate mods,  which are legale

changes of some aspects of the game, like tank appearances, fro cheats, which are illegal mds,  of the appearance or the mechanics of the game.

For exemple :

• having historical camo on yuor gup tiger is allowed.
  • Having a skin showing the modules not legal
  • making the autoaim different is not legal
  • Having bots starting the game launching battle and moving back and forth to accumulate xp and grind the next tank for you is not legale.

if you are not familiar, Maddox is a reputed blitz modder who is making skins 

this is his article. 

https://madwotbmod.wordpress.com/2017/11/03/special-announcement-illegal-mods-and-forblitz/

For info, Andrew is able to make armor inspector and map inspector run in real time with the game. He just doesn’t want to do it. 

On PC, this and many worst mods exist. In RU most players use cheats. It means you can’t think of competing without using cheats, because most players will use them.

If this sprt of things spreads, I will quit the game. First of all it is illimited advantage to pc (and slightly lesser extent Android), and makes iOS obsolete as a platform. Secondly, it is making the game as we know it, and the fun of mastering many aspects of the game irrelevant.

Edited by minitelrose, 03 November 2017 - 07:52 AM.

Read my guides there

"I want the game to be just how it was launched, no MM limitations for platoons, some unbalanced match once in a while, and friendly fire should come back as well. The only thing they should remove is statistics." -phony1907, 08 July 2016, 05:45pm - 

I want just that, and replay files.

Peter_Moosey #2 Posted 03 November 2017 - 08:06 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 18796 battles
  • [ET]

WG may bann ALL mods in 4.4, sounds good.

I would love to have user made camo's, but sadly i am on Windows 10 ( not Steam ) so i can't change anything.

But the problem is that a small ? number of morons will use possibillities for modding to cheat.

That way, i have rather a Mod FREE game than a game where morons can cheat.

Edit: If WG would listen more to us players ( asking for more realistic camo's for example), why would we need any mods ?

Edited by Peter_Moosey, 03 November 2017 - 08:08 AM.

coen1974 #3 Posted 03 November 2017 - 08:26 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 9172 battles
  • [HFORC]
I agree with mr Moosey. I struggle enough against non-mod players, let alone the guys who see right through me and aim for my ammorack every shot.
More historical camo's would be great, and a moneymaker for WG. Should be a No-brainer.

Bjorngisli #4 Posted 03 November 2017 - 08:44 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 13970 battles
  • [FTC-1]
Better to ban all mods than have things like this out there :amazed:

mrpgilbert #5 Posted 03 November 2017 - 08:59 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 26350 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostPeter_Moosey, on 03 November 2017 - 08:06 AM, said:

I would love to have user made camo's, but sadly i am on Windows 10 ( not Steam ) so i can't change anything.

But the problem is that a small ? number of morons will use possibillities for modding to cheat.

Edit: If WG would listen more to us players ( asking for more realistic camo's for example), why would we need any mods ?

You can change things in Win10. Blitz lives in a hidden folder in Program Files called Windows Apps (or WinApps; not been there for a while, not at PC now) Go to View --> Show Hidden Files and there you are. 

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it.

Be nice to me..

http://www.blitzstar...r/eu/mrpgilbert

minitelrose #6 Posted 03 November 2017 - 09:21 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 46626 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostPeter_Moosey, on 03 November 2017 - 09:06 AM, said:

in RU server  PC wot, most people use cheats. 

When most of red team uses cheat, you can’t play anymore without using one yourself.

Do we want blitz to go to that point ?

about banning any mod, I dunno. Most mods are inoffensive hentai drawings applied on the tanks, only visible to the player’s modded client.  not my taste cup of tea but who am I to tell them about good taste tea  ? It’s good for a game or have a playerbase pushing themselves into customization and exploration of the files. 

But mods giving an in game advantage is different. On PC it’s very hard to block people from going into the code and cheat. On mobile it’s very easy to keep the clients cleans and we want a fair game.

iOS apps can’t be messed around with. It was the original game, and I would hate to players forced out of iOS to be able to mount cheats to have a chance to win. That’s plain disgusting.

about historical camo, yeah I want to pay for them. WG you want my money ?

Read my guides there

"I want the game to be just how it was launched, no MM limitations for platoons, some unbalanced match once in a while, and friendly fire should come back as well. The only thing they should remove is statistics." -phony1907, 08 July 2016, 05:45pm - 

PrinzofHentai #7 Posted 03 November 2017 - 10:05 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 2615 battles
  • [_GUP_]

I'm glad that WG are finally getting off their lazy a s s and doing something about cheats but if they go too crazy with the ban hammer they might lose the modding community and those who do follow the rules and create legal mods. 

"Do you seek to fulfill your desires mortal? Taste this apple of Desire and gain the desire you have wished for... but you will forfeit your life and become mine" - Veronica Moriarty.  

"A country without people is not a country, The country does not make the people it's the people that make the country" - PrinzofHentai
Owner of Stug III
Tanks in garage: KV-1 Dedicated Warrior, The Princess (Churchill Mk VIII), Pz IV Anko SP, Kuro Mori Mine, Hetzer Kame SP, T7 Combat car, Stug III , Pz S35, BT-7 Gamescom 2017, M3 Light, Crusader TGS 2017 , Cromwell Full Forward & TGS 2017, Centurion Mk I, Centurion Mk 7/1.   
Asia Tank garage: Medium I, R. Otsu, Chi-Ni
NA tank garage: Lowe, T23E3, SU 100Y, Chi-Ha, Vindicator UM  
Tanks with a Ace Mastery badge: Hetzer Kame SP, Crusader TGS 2017, BT 7 Gamescom 2017, M3 Light  Cromwell TGS 2017.

TonySpoons #8 Posted 03 November 2017 - 10:41 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 2071 battles
  • [B-B-B]

They either need to embrace mods (allow you to upload a tank skin directly into the app for example, but lock everything else down) or outlaw them entirely as the possibilities for using mods for tactical advantage are too great.

minitelrose #9 Posted 03 November 2017 - 11:43 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 46626 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostTonySpoons, on 03 November 2017 - 11:41 AM, said:

They either need to embrace mods (allow you to upload a tank skin directly into the app for example, but lock everything else down) or outlaw them entirely as the possibilities for using mods for tactical advantage are too great.

me too.

allow to upload custom skin would be nice, or even propose user created content at a fee, making it a market that brings them revenue. the creator can be awarded gold or something. (most modders do it for free anywayz).

ban everything else. 

Edited by minitelrose, 03 November 2017 - 11:45 AM.

Read my guides there

Peter_Moosey #10 Posted 03 November 2017 - 12:14 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 18796 battles
  • [ET]

View Postminitelrose, on 03 November 2017 - 09:21 AM, said:

in RU server  PC wot, most people use cheats. 

When most of red team uses cheat, you can’t play anymore without using one yourself.

Do we want blitz to go to that point ?

about banning any mod, I dunno. Most mods are inoffensive hentai drawings applied on the tanks, only visible to the player’s modded client.  not my taste cup of tea but who am I to tell them about good taste tea  ? It’s good for a game or have a playerbase pushing themselves into customization and exploration of the files. 

But mods giving an in game advantage is different. On PC it’s very hard to block people from going into the code and cheat. On mobile it’s very easy to keep the clients cleans and we want a fair game.

iOS apps can’t be messed around with. It was the original game, and I would hate to players forced out of iOS to be able to mount cheats to have a chance to win. That’s plain disgusting.

about historical camo, yeah I want to pay for them. WG you want my money ?

Does that mean that Blitz via pc users can use cheats like the WOT PC players ?

If so, than i am glad that next update will bann illegal mods !

I play Blitz on pc ( i am old and a big screen is more comfortable, but i would never dream to use cheats :izmena:

And please, i hope you guys will  DISABLE "same control mode" again in settings !!

With  the rocket tank event, lots of players had  enabled same control mode to prevent playing against players on PC, but i would love to play against all you :great:

When the next update prevents illegal cheats, there is no reason again to NOT play vs pc players like me, right ? :)

Edited by Peter_Moosey, 03 November 2017 - 01:06 PM.

jylpah #11 Posted 03 November 2017 - 01:44 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 11519 battles
  • [AFK]
I am happy for WG taking action here. Just perma-ban the accounts using mods and all good. Sorry, no remorse from my side. The line between illegal mods and "legal" mods is unclear and it is easier for WG just to ban them all. 

RANDOM == FAIR. I do not want to carry Noobs more than I have to.

Jylpah[AFK] @EU          Jylpah[SKX-T] @Asia            Tier V-X Tank Ranking         Jylpah is AFK

minitelrose #12 Posted 03 November 2017 - 02:48 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 46626 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostPeter_Moosey, on 03 November 2017 - 01:14 PM, said:

Does that mean that Blitz via pc users can use cheats like the WOT PC players ?

If so, than i am glad that next update will bann illegal mods !

I play Blitz on pc ( i am old and a big screen is more comfortable, but i would never dream to use cheats :izmena:

And please, i hope you guys will  DISABLE "same control mode" again in settings !!

With  the rocket tank event, lots of players had  enabled same control mode to prevent playing against players on PC, but i would love to play against all you :great:

When the next update prevents illegal cheats, there is no reason again to NOT play vs pc players like me, right ? :)

There is a good reason I have never seen you.

the autoaim on PC allows to lead speed and to lob over small obstacles if the parabole of the shell allows it. This is perfect for shooting high penetration at any target or shooting HE at light tanks without aiming at all. On the reverse, from a mobile device leading takes months of practice, sniper view, and high concentration, forget doing it casually.

during the T49a a PC player could drive to a corner of the map, and shoot anywhere. I was 1vs1 against a player, he drove to the other side of a building to proxy spot me, and shot to the sky. all I could do was use speed and stop abrupte

y just before the impact. I dodged 2 and died on the third one. I couldn’t shoot him, all he had to do was stay on the other side of the building.

It is cheating, and I have no clue why WG coded this piece of super crap.

without missiles it is slightly less toxic, but still a huge advantage.

sorry Peter, you won’t see me.

Read my guides there

llo1 #13 Posted 03 November 2017 - 03:09 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 20522 battles

Well minitelrose, are you so certain that blitz players do not use mods......I regularly "rant" about lag etc, only to have people (like you) repeatedly tell me it is not the lag, just my equipment/ISP/wifi etc!

I am certain that it is not my wifi, but could be my iPod, however I do not agree that it is this as the differences between where I play blitz (hotels/home travelling etc) can vary from zero lag/ping/problems (and a great game) to being unable to move, cannot see reds, seeing shots going through tanks, and driving non stop across the map without any fingers on the controls, all within 2 adjacent battles!

If as you say it is not WG, and I don't think all of this can be down to my equipment altering so fast, then quite possible it could be someone in the other team using a mod do you think?

Certified member, Save the Littlepard Foundation

minitelrose #14 Posted 03 November 2017 - 03:53 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 46626 battles
  • [AFK]

View Postllo1, on 03 November 2017 - 04:09 PM, said:

Well minitelrose, are you so certain that blitz players do not use mods......I regularly "rant" about lag etc, only to have people (like you) repeatedly tell me it is not the lag, just my equipment/ISP/wifi etc!

I am certain that it is not my wifi, but could be my iPod, however I do not agree that it is this as the differences between where I play blitz (hotels/home travelling etc) can vary from zero lag/ping/problems (and a great game) to being unable to move, cannot see reds, seeing shots going through tanks, and driving non stop across the map without any fingers on the controls, all within 2 adjacent battles!

If as you say it is not WG, and I don't think all of this can be down to my equipment altering so fast, then quite possible it could be someone in the other team using a mod do you think?

Someone’s device is running a client.

each clients are connected to a server.

the server is running on a computer farm, somewhere.

this server will only respond to some input from your client, this input are  predefined. Turn left, shoot. 

The server will compare all input and reply with the consequences, what happened. 

You got tracked, that guy lost hp, your shot has hit the ground.

this takes time to process at your level, at the connections levels, and at the server levels, and all the way back.

someone else’s client can be modified to some extent. 

You can change the files where tank graphics are stored, you can change the files where subroutines are coded (on PC, not iOS)

servers can be adresse by external programs and hacked, to some extent.

You can gain admin access, and copy some information or even in very extreme cases change some code. Here  we are talking state defense level hacking. Months or years of work for teams. Not some random player with the latest iPhone.

Someone running blitz will not be able to plot your connection and affect the server, the connection or your client or device.

Edited by minitelrose, 03 November 2017 - 03:56 PM.

Read my guides there

Peter_Moosey #15 Posted 03 November 2017 - 04:16 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 18796 battles
  • [ET]

View Postminitelrose, on 03 November 2017 - 02:48 PM, said:

There is a good reason I have never seen you.

the autoaim on PC allows to lead speed and to lob over small obstacles if the parabole of the shell allows it. This is perfect for shooting high penetration at any target or shooting HE at light tanks without aiming at all. On the reverse, from a mobile device leading takes months of practice, sniper view, and high concentration, forget doing it casually.

True, but in actual battle i dont use this "cheat" often

PC autoaim has also a dis-advantage: it targets the center of the tank, so with many tanks its useless because it will give a bounce.

Mobile devices autoaim have also an advantage/cheat over PC : you can aim at the lower plate of a tank, roll back and than snap shot using the auto-aim at the spot you have aimed, this is not possible with PC.

So, both PC and mobile device have both a "cheat" !!!

during the T49a a PC player could drive to a corner of the map, and shoot anywhere. I was 1vs1 against a player, he drove to the other side of a building to proxy spot me, and shot to the sky. all I could do was use speed and stop abrupte

y just before the impact. I dodged 2 and died on the third one. I couldn’t shoot him, all he had to do was stay on the other side of the building.

I know, but now the rocket tanks are gone, you can Disable the same control mode again :-)

sorry Peter, you won’t see me.

:(:confused:  Please !!!  I want to fight with or against you....please....

But wait !  I have also an iPad  :great:

Which tier are you playing tonight ??? :justwait:

Edited by Peter_Moosey, 03 November 2017 - 04:18 PM.

Skullcandy #16 Posted 03 November 2017 - 04:33 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 17417 battles
  • [1RTR]

Maybe WG will go down the route that Minecraft Pocket Edition have taken? Official mods.

In Minecraft PE, mods like texture packs, skins (equivalent of camos on Blitz), etc are purchased from their in-game store. Screenshot from their store:

This would mean modders like Maddox here on Blitz will still be able to create mods, but they’ll only be available through an in-game store. This SHOULD, if WG has anything close to a soul, also mean legit modders such as Maddox get a % of the money made from the sale of their mods, if this happens.

I’m all for supporting legit modders. But not for WG monetising other people’s content for their own profit.

Edited by Skullcandy, 03 November 2017 - 04:36 PM.

Leader of 1RTR. | 1RTR on Discord "Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." – Winston Churchill

minitelrose #17 Posted 03 November 2017 - 04:47 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 46626 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostSkullcandy, on 03 November 2017 - 05:33 PM, said:

Maybe WG will go down the route that Minecraft Pocket Edition have taken? Official mods.

In Minecraft PE, mods like texture packs, skins (equivalent of camos on Blitz), etc are purchased from their in-game store. Screenshot from their store:

This would mean modders like Maddox here on Blitz will still be able to create mods, but they’ll only be available through an in-game store. This SHOULD, if WG has anything close to a soul, also mean legit modders such as Maddox get a % of the money made from the sale of their mods, if this happens.

I’m all for supporting legit modders. But not for WG monetising other people’s content for their own profit.

they should do just that indeed

Read my guides there

Acids_Burn #18 Posted 04 November 2017 - 07:47 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 26328 battles
  • [EMRS]

View PostPeter_Moosey, on 03 November 2017 - 10:06 AM, said:

So just because some morons use the mods for cheating all of us normal guys who use historical camo, gun sights and voice mods should not be able to do so? I do not agree. Also - why are you playing the windows shop version of wotb? Go download steam, install wotb, uninstall steam, create a desktop shortcut and play with mods. Thats what i do. Downside is that i have to reinstall steam every time there is an update and put my mods in game folder again. But i have all the mods i use in a separate folder named Data and correctly named subfolders and i just drag and drop. PC asks if i should replace - yes and im done.

I do know that the way i express myself to some, if not most, people sound a bit too...aggressive? salty? rude?... but this is the way i speak and the way my thought train rolls...so...yeah...i'm not trying to insult anyone or pick up any fights.

">http://www.blitzstar...u/532956899.png[/img][/url]                    

Acids_Burn #19 Posted 04 November 2017 - 07:50 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 26328 battles
  • [EMRS]

View Postmrpgilbert, on 03 November 2017 - 10:59 AM, said:

You can change things in Win10. Blitz lives in a hidden folder in Program Files called Windows Apps (or WinApps; not been there for a while, not at PC now) Go to View --> Show Hidden Files and there you are. 

No you can not. Ive tried countless times and windows does not grant permission no matter what. Ive changed ownership and what not. It didn't work out so i downloaded the steam version which actually allows the usage of mods.

I do know that the way i express myself to some, if not most, people sound a bit too...aggressive? salty? rude?... but this is the way i speak and the way my thought train rolls...so...yeah...i'm not trying to insult anyone or pick up any fights.

Acids_Burn #20 Posted 04 November 2017 - 07:56 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 26328 battles
  • [EMRS]

View Postjylpah, on 03 November 2017 - 03:44 PM, said:

I am happy for WG taking action here. Just perma-ban the accounts using mods and all good. Sorry, no remorse from my side. The line between illegal mods and "legal" mods is unclear and it is easier for WG just to ban them all. 

Im sorry but thats just plain stupid - so in your words i (a player with 26k battles and investment of 1k-ish euro in the game) should be banned because i use historical camo, gun sights for sniper mode (which give me no advantage just look better) and voice mods?

Are you serious?

Also tagged with Mods, illegal, yeah.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users