• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

Cancracker #21 Posted 04 November 2017 - 08:28 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 66900 battles
  • [CFG]

View Postjylpah, on 03 November 2017 - 01:44 PM, said:

I am happy for WG taking action here. Just perma-ban the accounts using mods and all good. Sorry, no remorse from my side. The line between illegal mods and "legal" mods is unclear and it is easier for WG just to ban them all. 

Yes, it's very difficult to determine what actually has changed to the game as opposed to determine that there was a change. Of course there are mods that don't affect gameplay like all kind of historical skins and voices, some do have a small impact like module skins and some that directly affect players like aimbots and other stuff one can think of. How to discern between a historical skin and a module one automatically is quite difficult and not feasible to implement but they can enforce the rule that no changes to the client are allowed much easier. So in conclusion this is the only way to go actually.

View Postminitelrose, on 03 November 2017 - 02:48 PM, said:

There is a good reason I have never seen you.

the autoaim on PC allows to lead speed and to lob over small obstacles if the parabole of the shell allows it. This is perfect for shooting high penetration at any target or shooting HE at light tanks without aiming at all. On the reverse, from a mobile device leading takes months of practice, sniper view, and high concentration, forget doing it casually.

during the T49a a PC player could drive to a corner of the map, and shoot anywhere. I was 1vs1 against a player, he drove to the other side of a building to proxy spot me, and shot to the sky. all I could do was use speed and stop abrupte

y just before the impact. I dodged 2 and died on the third one. I couldn’t shoot him, all he had to do was stay on the other side of the building.

It is cheating, and I have no clue why WG coded this piece of super crap.

without missiles it is slightly less toxic, but still a huge advantage.

How is it cheating if this is a feature of the original platform? This is Wargaming doing stuff and they should fix it. 

"X 5 weekend, 10 games 9 losses ...
Some seals will be getting sooooo clubbed in the next couple of weeks."
                                                                                                             jonty_2014

minitelrose #22 Posted 04 November 2017 - 10:12 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 73741 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostCancracker, on 04 November 2017 - 09:28 AM, said:

How is it cheating if this is a feature of the original platform? This is Wargaming doing stuff and they should fix it. 

Wotb PC is not the original platform, the original platform is wotb iOS.

now they make the game different and easier for PC.

It’s  like they give me 0.6 accuracy and enemy 0.3 because I play with touch and they play with KBM.

It’s an official cheat.

makes me angry.

Read my guides there

"I want the game to be just how it was launched, no MM limitations for platoons, some unbalanced match once in a while, and friendly fire should come back as well. The only thing they should remove is statistics." -phony1907, 08 July 2016, 05:45pm - 

I want just that, and replay files.

Cancracker #23 Posted 04 November 2017 - 10:59 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 66900 battles
  • [CFG]

View Postminitelrose, on 04 November 2017 - 10:12 AM, said:

Wotb PC is not the original platform, the original platform is wotb iOS.

now they make the game different and easier for PC.

It’s  like they give me 0.6 accuracy and enemy 0.3 because I play with touch and they play with KBM.

It’s an official cheat.

makes me angry.

Of course it's not fair but people that use it can't be blamed for cheating. I played on PC and I believe I have more control than on touch and the mouse is way more handy at aiming. So the PC is already at an advantage, why give it another one? It's completely Wargaming's fault but what do they do? They prepare another "balancing" update...

jonty_2014

Acids_Burn #24 Posted 04 November 2017 - 12:05 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 36793 battles
  • [EMRS]

So just to be clear i am posting here what mods i use and then you guys tell me if this can be considered cheating.

I use mostly this site ( http://tanksmods.com ;)if im looking for a mod. Be advised there are tank skin mods who show modules locations and those are not allowed.
I use this gun sight but only the sniper view - http://tanksmods.com/scope-aim2/
I use this tank skin mod - http://tanksmods.com...al-tanks-skins/
And i use this voice mod - http://worldoftanksb...ot-namatrasnik/

You cant be serious wanting a ban for players who use such mods - those are only for enhancing the players enjoyment of the game.
I hope this clears out things a bit.

Edited by Acids_Burn, 04 November 2017 - 12:10 PM.

I do know that the way i express myself to some, if not most, people sound a bit too...aggressive? salty? rude?... but this is the way i speak and the way my thought train rolls...so...yeah...i'm not trying to insult anyone or pick up any fights.

">http://www.blitzstar...u/532956899.png[/img][/url]                    

StrikeFIN #25 Posted 04 November 2017 - 12:12 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 8416 battles
Risk with mods vs time you used on Blitz, profit? None. Better just play vanilla.

minitelrose #26 Posted 04 November 2017 - 05:27 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 73741 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostAcids_Burn, on 04 November 2017 - 01:05 PM, said:

So just to be clear i am posting here what mods i use and then you guys tell me if this can be considered cheating.

I use mostly this site ( http://tanksmods.com ;)if im looking for a mod. Be advised there are tank skin mods who show modules locations and those are not allowed.
I use this gun sight but only the sniper view - http://tanksmods.com/scope-aim2/
I use this tank skin mod - http://tanksmods.com...al-tanks-skins/
And i use this voice mod - http://worldoftanksb...ot-namatrasnik/

You cant be serious wanting a ban for players who use such mods - those are only for enhancing the players enjoyment of the game.
I hope this clears out things a bit.

Well i blame WG a bit because if they had a sense for market they would open a shop from inside the game where you could install these safely. 

and contrarily to some other opinions, This process and implementation and curation does cost money, I don’t see why it should necessarily  be free, though it could.

Read my guides there

"I want the game to be just how it was launched, no MM limitations for platoons, some unbalanced match once in a while, and friendly fire should come back as well. The only thing they should remove is statistics." -phony1907, 08 July 2016, 05:45pm - 

Dassem_ #27 Posted 04 November 2017 - 06:13 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 29284 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostTheDudeAbidesBlitz, on 04 November 2017 - 09:22 AM, said:

Ban them all! 

for once, we are in agreement.

if wg has to spend a single manhour investigating wether a mod is acceptable or not, id rather they spent that hour making the game better. Or writing a few non-bot replies to tickets. Or... and this may be controversial... making more skins themselves, instead of having modders do it!

Check out The Dassem Channel

Cancracker #28 Posted 05 November 2017 - 09:12 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 66900 battles
  • [CFG]

View PostDassem_, on 04 November 2017 - 06:13 PM, said:

for once, we are in agreement.

if wg has to spend a single manhour investigating wether a mod is acceptable or not, id rather they spent that hour making the game better. Or writing a few non-bot replies to tickets. Or... and this may be controversial... making more skins themselves, instead of having modders do it!

But making new skins takes probably more time then approving those that are already available. So they won't do either...

jonty_2014

b48g55m #29 Posted 05 November 2017 - 09:32 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 25938 battles
  • [CROWD]

Simply sign the mods/files with modder's key and in game only accept mods/files signed by approved key. If the modder fails (makes non fair mod) disable that key. Win-Win.

If they are to disable mods, i can imagine they will have to run checksum or crc on the resource files and compare to crc in game/provided via network, so adding check for modders' signatures doesn't add too much of additional work as this is something they'll spend time on anyways.

Edited by b48g55m, 05 November 2017 - 09:36 AM.

hson_hson #30 Posted 06 November 2017 - 03:33 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 30342 battles
  • [VLNT]

View PostSkullcandy, on 03 November 2017 - 05:33 PM, said:

Maybe WG will go down the route that Minecraft Pocket Edition have taken? Official mods.

They are already moving in that direction on WoT with http://wgmods.net

minitelrose #31 Posted 07 November 2017 - 12:08 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 73741 battles
  • [AFK]

View Posthson_hson, on 06 November 2017 - 04:33 PM, said:

They are already moving in that direction on WoT with http://wgmods.net

I missed you Hson ...

Well they went that direction because on WoT in RU server has simply become unplayable without cheat. Even a wargaming video was released on the official account with an illegal mod (suppressing all trees for better visibility and aiming)

Read my guides there

LeeKimble #32 Posted 08 November 2017 - 04:13 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 38300 battles
  • [HMMMM]

I’ve come up against tanks I can’t hit to the glitch were I’m unable to move and the impossible shot thru building or hills .

its frustrating especially if your having a good game .

ive looked at there accounts and does any body have the world war 1 tank in there garage ?

soulinthemachine #33 Posted 08 November 2017 - 04:20 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 47918 battles
  • [TENC]

We were all given a ww1 tank a good while  ago but when event ended they were taken back. 

The_noble_Prinz #34 Posted 08 November 2017 - 04:21 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 9103 battles
  • [NTD01]

View PostLeeKimble, on 08 November 2017 - 04:13 PM, said:

I’ve come up against tanks I can’t hit to the glitch were I’m unable to move and the impossible shot thru building or hills .

its frustrating especially if your having a good game .

ive looked at there accounts and does any body have the world war 1 tank in there garage ?

Event tank that was available for a day to celebrate the first time a tank was used in battle.   

"Then, it's my turn to taste you now"- Prinz Eugen AL 

Survived two years of Blitz.  

LeeKimble #35 Posted 08 November 2017 - 05:36 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 38300 battles
  • [HMMMM]

I’ve got screen shot of 4 with a world war 1 tank in there garages

i can except a bad game but you know your selfs when things aren’t right so next time check the account and look for the World War One tank .

minitelrose #36 Posted 08 November 2017 - 07:05 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 73741 battles
  • [AFK]

Mark1 event

ps. Mine is still equipping ?

Read my guides there

LeeKimble #37 Posted 08 November 2017 - 08:28 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 38300 battles
  • [HMMMM]
How ?

AFK_is_now_AFK #38 Posted 08 November 2017 - 08:47 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 13020 battles
  • [KAH35]
Scope mods are good. I am using taipan 2. Also i replaced german crew voices on PC with blitz Turkish crew. Game is more realistic now. I can't play World of Tanks because I have not a computer :( so im satisfying myself with this in blitz :(

hson_hson #39 Posted 10 November 2017 - 04:10 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 30342 battles
  • [VLNT]

View Postminitelrose, on 07 November 2017 - 01:08 PM, said:

I missed you Hson ...

I've missed you too ;)

LeeKimble #40 Posted 13 November 2017 - 07:02 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 38300 battles
  • [HMMMM]

Just come across a account with a t49 with the rocket launcher . 

Come on W O T sort this out 

Also tagged with Mods, illegal, yeah.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users