• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

sixty_three #61 Posted 09 January 2018 - 05:50 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 8287 battles

View Postmrpgilbert, on 09 January 2018 - 11:53 AM, said:

Sounds like a fairly normal churn rate.

It was a query, on another thread, about what was the churn rate for Blitz that partly prompted me to carry out this exercise.

After checking the stats again of all 9 players, I found one who I had thought back on Nov 22nd had quit the game, actually had given it another go.  But without any notable success. Their account has been dormant again since Dec 10th.  So it is possible I suppose that WG might be able to entice back other “sleepers” to have another go.

I think WG would be probably wasting their time to think a cheap premium tank would be a good enticement, however.  As this group of beginners have hardly any premium tanks.  Discounting the VIC Xmas gift, and a T-15 which probably came out of a bonus container, the only obvious purchase was that of the Pz. B2 that I reported earlier in this thread.  The one where the player managed 1 win out of 12 battles.  

This premium tanker incidentally didn’t have a name that gave me a clue as to their true age.  But of the other 8, I’d guess 3 might have been born in 1977, 1983 and 1995.  In other words, we’re not just talking about a collection of kids lacking credit cards.  Therefore one opinion I have now is that beginners really don’t seem to generally spend much, if anything on this game.  I don’t expect people starting today to be rushing out in droves to buy the “special offer” VK 45.03.  WG just need to keep running lucrative events with auctions and loot boxes, it seems to keep themselves in clover.

What else? The recheck confirmed that beginner hit rates typically average below 50%, highest for individual tanks played for a few times is still a poor 50-60%.  The only statistic that is high against a few of them are spotting rates.  I guess caused by yoloing.

Looking back on my earlier posts in this thread, I don’t think I have anything else new to add.  Unless anybody else has any more questions?

Edited by sixty_three, 09 January 2018 - 05:55 PM.

For my military knowledge, though I'm plucky and adventury,
Has only been brought down to the beginning of the century;
But still in matters vegetable, animal, and mineral,
I am the very model of a modern Major-General.

Mjr_Eazy #62 Posted 09 January 2018 - 09:19 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 9168 battles
  • [BT_SV]

Just thanks dude :great:, it’s been interesting...

That churn rate is higher than I expected, I really thought we’d have 4 or 5 still active, I posted about my early days and actually thinking about it and with this info. actually it’s surprising there are so many still playing...

Its a mobile game marketed hard, you’re enticed to move up tiers too quick, the in game support is hopeless, the seal clubbers are brutal in their feedback, there are loads of other frustrated players getting spanked who get salty, when you try the forums the responses are often sarcastic and unhelpful (to my own shame I would have to plead guilty here!), etc etc...

Also it’s actually a stats based game like Championship/Football Manager but mobile gamers want Fruit Ninja/Fifa 17/18 gratification...

If nothing else this has confirmed to me to not be a di*k when I lose and try and help others, and to not forget where Incame from...

Noob central!

Whilst I may feel privileged now I love in the suburbs of noobville, once a noob always a noob!

Edited by Mjr_Eazy, 09 January 2018 - 09:20 PM.

He who stops being better stops being good.  Oliver Cromwell I was soundly beaten, and i am the better for it.  Monty

I keep getting beaten but getting better so its all good man :harp:. Major Eazy

sixty_three #63 Posted 09 January 2018 - 10:51 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 8287 battles

View PostMjr_Eazy, on 09 January 2018 - 09:19 PM, said:

Also it’s actually a stats based game like Championship/Football Manager but mobile gamers want Fruit Ninja/Fifa 17/18 gratification...

I'd never really thought of Blitz that way before.  An interesting, insightful observation - thank you!

I hoped when I started playing that it would capture the best aspects of tabletop wargaming, albeit in real-time.  Together with eliminating all the rule consultation and adjudication I remember from decades ago.  In hindsight though, if you lack and cannot adequately pick up reasonable hand-eye coordination skills, Blitz is not the game for you.  Shooting accurately is a fundamental skill.

The only FPS I'd played this decade prior to Blitz was the beautiful Bioshock Infinite.  Getting to the end of that game (it was a fantastical story) forced me to learn how to shoot pixels!  Without that I think I would have abandoned Blitz soon after starting.

Providing you can shoot, I think one can play up to Tier IV without embarrassing yourself too much - at least if you're in a tank with good pen!  Beyond that it's just not enough.  So those beginners with decent hand-eye coordination but no interest in the "strategic" elements should just content themselves with seal-clubbing IMO.  :child:

For my military knowledge, though I'm plucky and adventury,
Has only been brought down to the beginning of the century;
But still in matters vegetable, animal, and mineral,
I am the very model of a modern Major-General.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users