Update 4.4 Feedback - Military Honor Stars in Battle

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

MaXSty1er #1 Posted 13 November 2017 - 09:21 AM

Lance-corporal

• Administrator
  • 216 battles

Commanders,

Please leave your feedback about Military Honor Stars in Battle in Update 4.4.

cervena_karkulka #2 Posted 13 November 2017 - 10:02 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 20991 battles
  • [PINK_]

i dont see any difference, still useless like before.  i have absolutely no idea how are stars calculated.

one random downvote and my rating went to 2 stars. currently 15 upvotes, not a single downvote and still only 4 stars and in the same time you can meet players with 5 upvotes, 25 downvotes and still 5 stars.

working as intended lol :P

alessh77 #3 Posted 13 November 2017 - 11:20 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 36609 battles
  • [SLO-1]
Stupid useless system
 ::::::::::::::::::: Got plenty empty garage slots for storing spare parts :::::::::::::::::: 

MikkelTJ #4 Posted 13 November 2017 - 02:08 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 28399 battles
  • [AFK]

Could someone from WG please explain what happens when I put a downvote on someone?

According to the release notes there is some "moderation" being done to determine if the downvote should take effect or not. 

So far every time I tried to downvote someone, their MH still showed no downvote after I cast my vote. I presume there may be some delay due to the moderation. How much delay is to be expected?

I have a feeling WG wants to keep the details of the moderation secret. Maybe for good reason. On the other hand some transparency would benefit everyone. For instance: A few days ago I gave an 'inactive' vote to someone who was clearly AFK the entire battle. He did not move at all, he did not fire a single shot. He died last of our team. While the reds were killing him, someone bumped him, which means he actually scored around 75 dmg in the battle. Will this make the moderator remove my inactive downvote?

Edited by MikkelTJ, 13 November 2017 - 02:10 PM.

Attention WG: Please stop fixing stuff that is not broken - Return the Centurion 7/1 and FV4202 to the state they were prior to update 4.0.

Mjr_Eazy #5 Posted 13 November 2017 - 03:36 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 5768 battles
  • [BT_SV]
^^^^^^^^ This!
WG how does moderation work please?

He who stops being better stops being good.  Oliver Cromwell I was soundly beaten, and i am the better for it.  Monty

I keep getting beaten but getting better so its all good man :harp:. Major Eazy

acrisiswot #6 Posted 13 November 2017 - 07:38 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 397 battles
  • [DR_AC]

View PostMikkelTJ, on 13 November 2017 - 02:08 PM, said:

Could someone from WG please explain what happens when I put a downvote on someone?

According to the release notes there is some "moderation" being done to determine if the downvote should take effect or not. 

So far every time I tried to downvote someone, their MH still showed no downvote after I cast my vote. I presume there may be some delay due to the moderation. How much delay is to be expected?

I have a feeling WG wants to keep the details of the moderation secret. Maybe for good reason. On the other hand some transparency would benefit everyone. For instance: A few days ago I gave an 'inactive' vote to someone who was clearly AFK the entire battle. He did not move at all, he did not fire a single shot. He died last of our team. While the reds were killing him, someone bumped him, which means he actually scored around 75 dmg in the battle. Will this make the moderator remove my inactive downvote?

View PostMjr_Eazy, on 13 November 2017 - 03:36 PM, said:

^^^^^^^^ This!
WG how does moderation work please?

... wondering since before release. 

Also seeing and hearing that nobody’s negative votes have worked. 

Dans79Vet #7 Posted 14 November 2017 - 06:27 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 29418 battles
  • [-GNA-]

The system is broken. I do like that you have your rating next to chat, its a good idea but rating is flawed.

People are getting to 5 stars when clearly they are not good enough and influencing battles negatively due to new chat system.

I had a platoon with “5 stars” tell the team to go one direction, not a good one but working together and expectat they might have a plan, went with them. One camped doing nothing and the other basically yoloed to death. The team crumbed and lost due to their initial influence. They were barely 45% players and had very little game skill. They just upvoted each other to 5 stars.

This is just one of many occasions similar.

Another person I have seen platoons alot and is at nearly 300 upvotes. While they are a skilled player and deserve upvotes the amount they acquired is too much without their platoon mates constantly upvoting. 

There is also the “upvote for upvote” where people are giving out upvotes and hoping on getting them in return. Or people return an upvote just because you gave them one.

The system for down votes is broken. I have downvoted multiple “non playing” players and not seen a downvote added to any of them.

The upvote system needs a set of conditions to allow upvotes. 

Such as

-If two people vote for you then the votes should be added. (Stop the platoon upvote spam)

-if you are in top two for damage or xp then the votes should be added.

While I dont want the platoon to not be able to vote, people are using it for personal gain and not improving the game.

Its just a rating on popularity and loosely linked to skill.

Edited by Dans79Vet, 14 November 2017 - 06:33 AM.

StrontiumDog_ #8 Posted 15 November 2017 - 09:00 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 31022 battles
  • [HAG]

View PostDans79Vet, on 14 November 2017 - 06:27 AM, said:

The system is broken. I do like that you have your rating next to chat, its a good idea but rating is flawed.

People are getting to 5 stars when clearly they are not good enough and influencing battles negatively due to new chat system.

I had a platoon with “5 stars” tell the team to go one direction, not a good one but working together and expectat they might have a plan, went with them. One camped doing nothing and the other basically yoloed to death. The team crumbed and lost due to their initial influence. They were barely 45% players and had very little game skill. They just upvoted each other to 5 stars.

This is just one of many occasions similar.

Another person I have seen platoons alot and is at nearly 300 upvotes. While they are a skilled player and deserve upvotes the amount they acquired is too much without their platoon mates constantly upvoting. 

There is also the “upvote for upvote” where people are giving out upvotes and hoping on getting them in return. Or people return an upvote just because you gave them one.

The system for down votes is broken. I have downvoted multiple “non playing” players and not seen a downvote added to any of them.

The upvote system needs a set of conditions to allow upvotes. 

Such as

-If two people vote for you then the votes should be added. (Stop the platoon upvote spam)

-if you are in top two for damage or xp then the votes should be added.

While I dont want the platoon to not be able to vote, people are using it for personal gain and not improving the game.

Its just a rating on popularity and loosely linked to skill.

All good points. Identifying the voter is good, but only after the voting time is over. Also, good to retain two votes for each battle. Or two up, one down.

Would be nice for downvotes to work again. And clear lines for action without moderation would be effective. Say 10 downvotes worth 30 up votes. Extra star for each 25 up, or less star for each 8 down. Clarity please! 

Vagibreg #9 Posted 15 November 2017 - 01:21 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 19269 battles
  • [GRMP]

Indeed the system has changed. The limit on negative votes works, and means that you have to be quite considered before down voting. I understand that there is some form of moderation algorithm to define if it is appropriate or not. And so far I haven't seen one go through. That said I think the quality of communication in battle is greatly improved. 

I like that positive voting generates positive votes, that it is not just a Unicum back slapping calculator (as the initial version appeared to be). But I would welcome clarity on how the down vote negatives will be handled and applied please. 

superschnitzelkoenig #10 Posted 15 November 2017 - 01:33 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 34482 battles
  • [RA1D]
Weird system indeed. The best thing is, that it shows the star in Chat in-game. However, most players of course haven't figured out that they should better follow the purple player and not the white one but whatever... What I really like is that I see who is giving me positive remarks. Worst thing is - as has been said - that noone understands how negative votes get handled. I have around 70 upvotes and 0 downvotes and I've pretty much done everything to deserve downvotes so something about that isn't really working...

Stop Complaining...           ...Carry Harder!

Mjr_Eazy #11 Posted 15 November 2017 - 07:55 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 5768 battles
  • [BT_SV]

People in platoons, same clans or on friends lists should not be able to vote for each other IMHO

Also WG please explain how downvotes work - there’s clearly either a bug or some poor criteria being applied.  I’ve fished out lots and none have stuck as far as I can tell plus I’ve had some games I’m sure I would have got downvotes in old system and didn’t get any.

He who stops being better stops being good.  Oliver Cromwell I was soundly beaten, and i am the better for it.  Monty

JKKpractise #12 Posted 15 November 2017 - 09:51 PM

Private

• Player
  • 19886 battles
  • [C13]

Its just my opinion:

Wg is selling a product and try to maximace economical result. They are so greedy that for.ex. upgrading a tank cost 50 euros ( think what kind of games u can buy 50 euros, Just think, 50 euros )

Manipulating the game wg has destroyed tier 9 and tier 10. They also want a total control of the game: allready they clearly decide when you loose or when u win ( how manipulation works its easy to see if you play enought games ).

What i just dont understand is: do they get more money because of this military honour  or are they increasing the funfactory or the game?. I really think they are not going to earn more and they really are decreasing funfactory ( maybe this is working in North Korea ). Punishment to a paying customer - are u joking?

BR

JKKPractise

Edited by JKKpractise, 15 November 2017 - 09:57 PM.

mrpgilbert #13 Posted 16 November 2017 - 12:18 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 26350 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostJKKpractise, on 15 November 2017 - 09:51 PM, said:

Its just my opinion:

Wg is selling a product and try to maximace economical result. They are so greedy that for.ex. upgrading a tank cost 50 euros ( think what kind of games u can buy 50 euros, Just think, 50 euros )

Manipulating the game wg has destroyed tier 9 and tier 10. They also want a total control of the game: allready they clearly decide when you loose or when u win ( how manipulation works its easy to see if you play enought games ).

What i just dont understand is: do they get more money because of this military honour  or are they increasing the funfactory or the game?. I really think they are not going to earn more and they really are decreasing funfactory ( maybe this is working in North Korea ). Punishment to a paying customer - are u joking?

BR

JKKPractise

I'm so pleased they've decided I should win over the past couple of months. Sad that it's nothing to do with my own skills improving, of course, but I'll take the pinky purple quite happily, whatever the reason.

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it.

Be nice to me..

http://www.blitzstar...r/eu/mrpgilbert

Mjr_Eazy #14 Posted 16 November 2017 - 01:03 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 5768 battles
  • [BT_SV]

WG I take it back and ignore the other players please!  I have finally got a purple statistic.  

Military Honour I am Super Unicum, finally the recognition my ability to lead a team deserves!  I always knew the other stats were irrelevant, the important thing is how I praise the top two players on my team and the top red and you finally got it.

BTW this is sarcasm, I really mean, seriously WG WTH MH = SNAFU

Colmain595 #15 Posted 16 November 2017 - 01:53 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 29475 battles
  • [KRH]

WG (look I didn't even call you WarGreedy this time), I don't often thank you but this current update is a job well done.  The additional British tanks are great to play, all different and add to the game variety.  The recent buffs are all good.  Others have explained the MH system better than I but for me it doesn't upset the game play.  

Peddy_tanj_it #16 Posted 16 November 2017 - 01:42 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 39030 battles
  • [TANG]

Until the sanctions (if any) are explained I see little use in this.

I continue to praise very good players and down vote the AFK. In the vain hope that it might actually lead to some form of action. 

But apart from reducing the amount of bad language in the chat what is the point of this system?

Having the honour star colour displayed in chat is pointless as many players have a high honour but little skill. 

If instead you displayed the players overall win rate in a colour that would be useful. 

mrpgilbert #17 Posted 16 November 2017 - 07:48 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 26350 battles
  • [AFK]

I upvote people who do well, according to what they've done. Ditto downvotes. I've got upvotes from both sides, generally for the same reasons. I don't toon much, and rarely see mates in game, so the results aren't skewed by that. However, like everyone else, I would like to know what's happening to the downvotes I've given... Quite happy to be purple, for what it's worth, never was under the old system, not because of loads of downvotes, but because people didn't use it because it was nonsense.

Can we please have some clarification on the process?

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it.

Be nice to me..

http://www.blitzstar...r/eu/mrpgilbert

Timsinsal #18 Posted 17 November 2017 - 11:05 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 14766 battles
  • [TANG]

View Postmrpgilbert, on 16 November 2017 - 07:48 PM, said:

Can we please have some clarification on the process?

I must have reached a tipping point... 26 Praises, zero complaints (god knows I deserve a few for being salty in local chat) and I finally turned blue.

Wargaming, please explain how this works.

llo1 #19 Posted 17 November 2017 - 10:49 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 20522 battles

Totally abused when some of the worst "players" , that seem to have totally full MH, and yet they are the ones who curse everybody and when you "downvote" them there is zero response, or even effective response from WG!

They all seem to have numerous plus votes from toon mates, or from their clan......this shouldn't be allowed!

There is no way that the number of downvotes can ever cope with the number of useless players who do not move at all!

Certified member, Save the Littlepard Foundation

stevo1100r #20 Posted 18 November 2017 - 09:27 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 49045 battles
  • [RTR]
C’mon WG we WANT answers to the above!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users