2018 — Year of the ?

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

Knickerson #1 Posted 14 November 2017 - 01:31 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 21258 battles
  • [ICN]

In 2016's inaugural Twister Cup, the Obj 140 played a key role in the finals. 2017 saw the Maus move to the forefront. In one of Sk8xtrm's vid, I think he talked about last year's tier X was the year of the medium, this year's tier X is the year of the heavy ...

... so what do you think next year will bring? Will heavy play dominate tier X, will it favor TDs or lights, or will it end up more balanced?

A horse, a horse! My kingdom for a horse! ...
I have set my life upon a cast,
and I will stand the hazard of a die.

William Shakespeare
Richard III – Act 5, scene 4

tiggersausages #2 Posted 14 November 2017 - 02:22 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 27827 battles
  • [IMM0R]
I know this is like really pushing the boundaries of the possible but i think 2018 just might be the 'year of the noob'

Blast_LGN #3 Posted 14 November 2017 - 02:31 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 23195 battles
  • [LGN]

View PostKnickerson, on 14 November 2017 - 01:31 PM, said:

In 2016's inaugural Twister Cup, the Obj 140 played a key role in the finals. 2017 saw the Maus move to the forefront. In one of Sk8xtrm's vid, I think he talked about last year's tier X was the year of the medium, this year's tier X is the year of the heavy ...

... so what do you think next year will bring? Will heavy play dominate tier X, will it favor TDs or lights, or will it end up more balanced?

Year of the auto-loaders 

Edited by Blast_LGN, 14 November 2017 - 02:32 PM.

U wot m8?

JJSawry #4 Posted 14 November 2017 - 02:31 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 17679 battles
  • [EU]
Year of the 'depends what patches nerf to the ground and overbuff'.
'Maus is overpowered, but we don't nerf it because it's unpopular.'
'Dracula is overpowered, but we don't nerf it because it's a premium.'

They'll probably overbuff the other American heavies and tds since they're quite unpopular. Also probably gonna buff leopard1 gun, and nerf 4202 again to convince you to get the actionX. What else? Probably buff Maus armor again. Year of the Maus.

Skullcandy #5 Posted 14 November 2017 - 03:05 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 17417 battles
  • [1RTR]

View PostJJSawry, on 14 November 2017 - 02:31 PM, said:

They'll probably overbuff the other American heavies and tds since they're quite unpopular. 

Are they? I see them quite a lot in tiers 7 and 8. The premium T34 seems to be showing up a lot more recently too.

Leader of 1RTR. | 1RTR on Discord "Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." – Winston Churchill

jonty_2014 #6 Posted 14 November 2017 - 04:11 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 49522 battles
  • [EMRS]

Hmmmmmm

2018....?

year of the Chinese releases...

of tier X rebalance 

of replays?

of new tanks from WOT (Chieftain Mk.VI, I’m looking at you....)

maybe the first wheeled vehicles in Blitz?

InternetEntity #7 Posted 14 November 2017 - 05:14 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 26870 battles
  • [AFK]

Year of the Chieftain one hopes. 

A broader category would be the heavium then. Again, Chieftain is an MBT good and proper (although more of heavy tank due to engine problems, which you dont get in games) and the T110E5 is getting a large buff, as should the FV215b. Add to that Chinese heavies basicallybeing a second lone of IS tanks - fast, well armoured and stronk.

talhaONE #8 Posted 14 November 2017 - 05:18 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 10345 battles
  • [CZZR]

View PostJJSawry, on 14 November 2017 - 04:31 PM, said:

Year of the 'depends what patches nerf to the ground and overbuff'.
'Maus is overpowered, but we don't nerf it because it's unpopular.'
'Dracula is overpowered, but we don't nerf it because it's a premium.'

They'll probably overbuff the other American heavies and tds since they're quite unpopular. Also probably gonna buff leopard1 gun, and nerf 4202 again to convince you to get the actionX. What else? Probably buff Maus armor again. Year of the Maus.

Lol maus is absolutely not op.Its armor is good but when a maus angles it can easily penetrated trough tracks because inside armor is only 80.If you think maus op on blitz you should need to look at pc wot because it has 260 armor on turret front and 140 armor on track inside.

JJSawry #9 Posted 14 November 2017 - 09:20 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 17679 battles
  • [EU]

That's a quote, if you can't tell.

Maus seems fine now, maybe the gun could be a bit weakened, seems to be performing too well, allowing you to instantly cash in on the armor.

Radojevicuros22 #10 Posted 14 November 2017 - 09:25 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 3066 battles
  • [R2D]
Year of Swedish tanks and TDs? I would like to see them :trollface:
Something between newbie and proffesional :)

phony1907 #11 Posted 14 November 2017 - 10:15 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 26312 battles
  • [VG]

Hopefully a new game mode. Where tanks doesnt have to do back and forth at exactly same positions every match.

if ı was an outsider who never played this game and watch those games ı would never play this game. İt looks stupid and boring.

If calling for help, follow me, I know how to die!!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn4tqTiik7dSnoI6s0UtuMw

talhaONE #12 Posted 15 November 2017 - 08:50 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 10345 battles
  • [CZZR]

View PostJJSawry, on 14 November 2017 - 11:20 PM, said:

That's a quote, if you can't tell.

Maus seems fine now, maybe the gun could be a bit weakened, seems to be performing too well, allowing you to instantly cash in on the armor.

Maus is struggling a lot.Thats why its not popular.Even medium tanks can penetrate trough turret cheeks.Maus is the only underpowered tank in tier 10 now.

Dassem_ #13 Posted 15 November 2017 - 09:12 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 24792 battles
  • [AFK]

View PosttalhaONE, on 15 November 2017 - 09:50 AM, said:

Maus is struggling a lot.Thats why its not popular.Even medium tanks can penetrate trough turret cheeks.Maus is the only underpowered tank in tier 10 now.

Seriously?

So we just disregard the fact that the Maus and the IS-7 were the two most used tanks in the twister cup? those guys cant tell a good tank from a bad, right?

Then how about the random players?

oh yeah. the maus has by far the highest wr of any tier x heavy. of any tier x tank, actually.

clearly underpowered and in need of a buff!

edit: and in light of what we saw in twister cup, i say you should prepare yourself for the nerfhammer hitting the maus.

Edited by Dassem_, 15 November 2017 - 09:13 AM.

REVERSE 3.8!!!  (and check out The Dassem Channel, youtube.)

talhaONE #14 Posted 15 November 2017 - 09:40 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 10345 battles
  • [CZZR]

View PostDassem_, on 15 November 2017 - 11:12 AM, said:

Seriously?

So we just disregard the fact that the Maus and the IS-7 were the two most used tanks in the twister cup? those guys cant tell a good tank from a bad, right?

Then how about the random players?

oh yeah. the maus has by far the highest wr of any tier x heavy. of any tier x tank, actually.

clearly underpowered and in need of a buff!

edit: and in light of what we saw in twister cup, i say you should prepare yourself for the nerfhammer hitting the maus.

Winrate is high because a lot of noobs use ıs7 and e100.I didnt saw any bad maus driver for now.

Also how you gonna nerf maus?gun is bad, mobility is bad, armor isnt that amazing.tds can puch trough maus upper glacis easily.If you dont angle your turret people puch through there easily.Nerf the maus and it will going to pure crap tank.

Dassem_ #15 Posted 15 November 2017 - 09:57 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 24792 battles
  • [AFK]

View PosttalhaONE, on 15 November 2017 - 10:40 AM, said:

Winrate is high because a lot of noobs use ıs7 and e100.I didnt saw any bad maus driver for now.

Also how you gonna nerf maus?gun is bad, mobility is bad, armor isnt that amazing.tds can puch trough maus upper glacis easily.If you dont angle your turret people puch through there easily.Nerf the maus and it will going to pure crap tank.

no. just no. thats wrong, and i can prove it:

look at the red and orange lines. In the hands of a unicum (right end of graph), the is-7 and Maus prefer very similarly, but for low skill players the Maus has crazy high performance compared to the IS-7.

you can also see from the brown areas, that is-7 is a not more popular tank among noobs, than the maus is.

how they may nerf the maus? dispersion on the rotation would have great impact, because maus is always looking away between shots. nerfing rof or track traverse could also be done, or simply reducing the hp pool.

Edited by Dassem_, 15 November 2017 - 09:58 AM.

Noaharanha2003 #16 Posted 15 November 2017 - 10:41 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 16591 battles
  • [ALBAC]
Can we all stop hating everything WG does now? I know the equipment thing was terrible from WG but they’ve been trying to improve the game recently. Let’s just not hate them like they’ve been making more and more errors everyday. They admitted as well that nerfing the Centurion and Fv was a mistake and we can’t imagine how hard it is to just please every player. There are some things still that have issues, but WG is doing something. They changed up Military honors to see if it would work, but there are issues in it still. They can’t just please every one

Edited by Noaharanha2003, 15 November 2017 - 10:42 AM.

Dassem_ #17 Posted 15 November 2017 - 12:13 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 24792 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostNoaharanha2003, on 15 November 2017 - 11:41 AM, said:

Can we all stop hating everything WG does now? I know the equipment thing was terrible from WG but they’ve been trying to improve the game recently. Let’s just not hate them like they’ve been making more and more errors everyday. They admitted as well that nerfing the Centurion and Fv was a mistake and we can’t imagine how hard it is to just please every player. There are some things still that have issues, but WG is doing something. They changed up Military honors to see if it would work, but there are issues in it still. They can’t just please every one

tbh, i think things have been run so and so from and including 3.8 with the eqp changes. Balancing has been all over the place, with the FV and 7/1 being just the most grave case, where they misbalanced them repeatedly. Other example are the french td and light line, where the balance and rebalancing appears to be decided randomly, as well as the new brit line. cruiser2, anyone? :facepalm:

as for the recent balance changes, some good and some just off. Jpz4? dicker? stug?

and we just had a grind event where getting tanks was well outside the ability of most players. luckily, as the tanks were fantasy bs.

i dont question the devs will or wish to make the game better, but i do think they have been no more successful recently than they were before.

and 3.8 eqp changes may be a while ago, but most of my tanks suffer from it every battle.

talhaONE #18 Posted 15 November 2017 - 12:28 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 10345 battles
  • [CZZR]

View PostDassem_, on 15 November 2017 - 11:57 AM, said:

no. just no. thats wrong, and i can prove it:

look at the red and orange lines. In the hands of a unicum (right end of graph), the is-7 and Maus prefer very similarly, but for low skill players the Maus has crazy high performance compared to the IS-7.

you can also see from the brown areas, that is-7 is a not more popular tank among noobs, than the maus is.

how they may nerf the maus? dispersion on the rotation would have great impact, because maus is always looking away between shots. nerfing rof or track traverse could also be done, or simply reducing the hp pool.

Dude go check armor of maus in pc wot.It has much more armor in there and rof is already bad,track traverse is already bad.Why the fck you want from maus?Hp pool is already lower then pc wot again.

Btw ıs7 is more noob friendly then maus because you only need to hide your lower glacis.While in maus you need to angle your turret aswell.But you cant shoot them when angle your turret.

Maus is already hard tank to drive and nerfing it will completely destroy the tank.

Dassem_ #19 Posted 15 November 2017 - 12:39 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 24792 battles
  • [AFK]

View PosttalhaONE, on 15 November 2017 - 01:28 PM, said:

Dude go check armor of maus in pc wot.It has much more armor in there and rof is already bad,track traverse is already bad.Why the fck you want from maus?Hp pool is already lower then pc wot again.

Btw ıs7 is more noob friendly then maus because you only need to hide your lower glacis.While in maus you need to angle your turret aswell.But you cant shoot them when angle your turret.

Maus is already hard tank to drive and nerfing it will completely destroy the tank.

lol, why do you speak about wot pc? its a completely different game. the challenges a maus face there have nothing to do with what it faces in blitz. youre comparing apples and oranges. 

and your opinions of which is more noob friendly and easy to succed in for new players, maus or is-7, are utterly irrelevant, as i above delivered statistical data that clear as the day prove your opinions to be wrong. Low skill players perform extremely well in the Maus. Not a little well, or very well. Extremely well. The performance statistics could not have been more clear on this.

talhaONE #20 Posted 15 November 2017 - 01:18 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 10345 battles
  • [CZZR]

View PostDassem_, on 15 November 2017 - 02:39 PM, said:

lol, why do you speak about wot pc? its a completely different game. the challenges a maus face there have nothing to do with what it faces in blitz. youre comparing apples and oranges. 

and your opinions of which is more noob friendly and easy to succed in for new players, maus or is-7, are utterly irrelevant, as i above delivered statistical data that clear as the day prove your opinions to be wrong. Low skill players perform extremely well in the Maus. Not a little well, or very well. Extremely well. The performance statistics could not have been more clear on this.

Maus is noob friendly?Lol dont angle your turret and everone will punch trough there.But in ıs7 your only real weakspot is lower glacis.If some heavy going to get nerf it will be ıs7 not maus.

Edited by talhaONE, 15 November 2017 - 01:19 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users