Military Honour : supposed to work like this ?

Military Honour

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

PanzerPsycho68 #1 Posted 16 November 2017 - 05:33 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 28327 battles
  • [PFI]

Yesterday in my 2nd account, PsychoPanzer68, experienced this odd situation :

Since 4.4 collected 50 praises from Toonmates, Teammates and even from some Opfor teamplayers.

At that time my Complaints record was totally empty, not a single Downvote in the Downvotes row.

So yesterday I went up from 3* to become a 4* player. Not important, but nice to receive this gesture.

Few hours later had a unlucky battle in my MT25 at Mines : I was the only Light in both teams.

Notified Greens that I would go Hill ( starting from the Twin Watchtower side from this Map )

I received some affirmative messages in return and took off full speed to the Hill Entrance.

A Red Med also went for Entrance and took a shot at me, which I managed to dodge.

I fired back and made a damaging ( +/- 80 hp ) hit on him and went out of his sights.

I turned around to take more shots at him, went downhill too far and the Med tracked me.

Pushed Repair button and tried to go backwards uphill again, but got hit three times in a 

couple of seconds by other Reds approaching the Hill entrance and was blown to pieces.

Annoyed, I went to Garage, jumped in another tank and had a nice victorious battle.

After this battle i received a message from WG, stating that a verified Inactive Claim

was made against me and that I could expect a Penalty when this would happen again.

I checked my MH screen and found two previously unseen Inactive and Unsporting Claims.

Immediately after that I received a 2nd message from WG, stating that a Penalty was taken

against me and as a result my 4* rating was reduced to my previous 3* rating !  :(

I described the situation in detail to point out the totall randomness you are subjected to in the 

MH system and that a single, in my opinion uncalled for, Inactive Claim is enough to outweigh

50 praises ( upvotes ) and results in reducing my rating within minutes after a single bad battle.

Anyone else experiencing this weird kind of MH situations ?

Edited by PanzerPsycho68, 16 November 2017 - 05:38 AM.

Clan Leader of the Panzer-Vernichter Clan and a devoted German Tank Driver !

MikkelTJ #2 Posted 16 November 2017 - 08:57 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 49440 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostPanzerPsycho68, on 16 November 2017 - 06:33 AM, said:

Yesterday in my 2nd account, PsychoPanzer68, experienced this odd situation :

Since 4.4 collected 50 praises from Toonmates, Teammates and even from some Opfor teamplayers.

At that time my Complaints record was totally empty, not a single Downvote in the Downvotes row.

So yesterday I went up from 3* to become a 4* player. Not important, but nice to receive this gesture.

Few hours later had a unlucky battle in my MT25 at Mines : I was the only Light in both teams.

Notified Greens that I would go Hill ( starting from the Twin Watchtower side from this Map )

I received some affirmative messages in return and took off full speed to the Hill Entrance.

A Red Med also went for Entrance and took a shot at me, which I managed to dodge.

I fired back and made a damaging ( +/- 80 hp ) hit on him and went out of his sights.

I turned around to take more shots at him, went downhill too far and the Med tracked me.

Pushed Repair button and tried to go backwards uphill again, but got hit three times in a 

couple of seconds by other Reds approaching the Hill entrance and was blown to pieces.

Annoyed, I went to Garage, jumped in another tank and had a nice victorious battle.

After this battle i received a message from WG, stating that a verified Inactive Claim

was made against me and that I could expect a Penalty when this would happen again.

I checked my MH screen and found two previously unseen Inactive and Unsporting Claims.

Immediately after that I received a 2nd message from WG, stating that a Penalty was taken

against me and as a result my 4* rating was reduced to my previous 3* rating !  :(

I described the situation in detail to point out the totall randomness you are subjected to in the 

MH system and that a single, in my opinion uncalled for, Inactive Claim is enough to outweigh

50 praises ( upvotes ) and results in reducing my rating within minutes after a single bad battle.

Anyone else experiencing this weird kind of MH situations ?

Nobody really knows how the moderation works, since WG did not bother explaining anything about it. They have, however, stated that moderation of downvotes is taking place. Since this moderation probably takes time, I think that the downvotes of which you were notified probably did not come the battle on mines you describe. They could be from any other previous battle.

I really wish WG would make some explanation about how the moderation works.

Skullcandy #3 Posted 16 November 2017 - 09:08 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 22744 battles
  • [1RTR]

View PostMikkelTJ, on 16 November 2017 - 08:57 AM, said:

I really wish WG would make some explanation about how the moderation works.

That.

A friend has 30+ praises and 4 complaints. He has 2 stars.

A teammate yesterday who was throwing insults around at the reds had 90+ praises, 20+ complaints. He had 5 stars.

Looks broken to me, to be honest.

Leader of 1RTR. | 1RTR on Discord "Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." – Winston Churchill

Mjr_Eazy #4 Posted 16 November 2017 - 09:23 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 36899 battles
  • [BT_SV]
SNAFU

547146227.png

Marty93_ #5 Posted 16 November 2017 - 09:31 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 22327 battles
  • [1RTR_]

We can only guess what the details of the Military Honour system are. My assumptions are:

• Weighted votes: Upvotes from platoon mates (maybe also clan mates) count less than upvotes from other players. Votes from players with high MH rating count more than votes from players with low MH rating.

• Automated moderation: There‘s no way that actual human beings look at every upvote or downvote, most of the moderation will be done by algorithms.

• Plausibility checks: For example, more than 100 dmg, 1 shot fired and certain distance driven could protect you from an Inactive downvote. No use of chat protects you from Provocative Comm downvote. 

• Majority voting: Downvotes only count when there is more than one downvote for a player in a specific battle.

At least that is how I would implement such a system. Maybe in severe cases actual WG staff will take a look at players and decide what to do. But most of the complaints about broken MH system could be explained with these assumptions I think. And I expect that WG will review the procedure and try to improve it...

Edited by _mgroc_, 16 November 2017 - 02:05 PM.

romsitsa #6 Posted 16 November 2017 - 10:35 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 52653 battles
  • [VG]

Up and downvotes have a further weighting, for sure. As for raising a ticket, earlier penalties couldn't be disputed, would be intresting wether their policy changed?

A

jylpah #7 Posted 16 November 2017 - 11:03 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 27141 battles
  • [AFK]
There was a link to US forums where a WG staff explained how upvotes by platoon/clan mates/friends do not count much but random votes do. Working as intended.

BlitzAnalysiz.com  In-depth analysis of WoT Blitz game statistics

Jylpah @EU  Jylpah @Asia  Blitz-tools  

ethanjames_1 #8 Posted 16 November 2017 - 11:47 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 76611 battles
  • [T-T-S]

Hmmm.

I'm on in excess of 200 up votes with 0 down votes so far and am on 5 stars. Under the old system i use to pretty constantly run at about 2/3 1/3 up votes to down votes. Platoon votes seem to count for virtually nothing but I will always upvote platoon mates because - well, it's polite to do so - even if they were not very good.

The one which seems to have the biggest effect as far as I can see is worthy opponent. Every time the honor has gone up it is after receiving one of these.

Having said that the whole thing feels broken. I normally upvote the top damage on both teams if they have done well. I've only down voted people for being afk and one particular idiot who sent me a torrid of abuse saying I should delete the game because I got 4 kills and did 3900 damage in the jagdtiger 8.8 when his contribution was no kills and 900 damage in an IS and the game ended as a draw because an RU driver wouldn't come out and face me from behind a building!

Blissful lack of self awareness some people have.

He even sent me a message saying I should have done much more in a tier 9 tank. I messaged him pointing out that it's a tier 8 tank and was a tier 8 game and he stopped replying after that :( XD

PanzerPsycho68 #9 Posted 16 November 2017 - 11:49 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 28327 battles
  • [PFI]

View PostJJSawry, on 16 November 2017 - 12:06 PM, said:

Moderation seems to take a long time. I haven't down voted anyone in a few days and got a notification about a player being warned because of my down vote.

That could explain it, because last week i had 1 or 2 downvotes for about a week in my MH list.

They disappeared after the weekend, so my downvote list was blank when this penalty occured.

So, like JJSawry said, the penalty may apply to an older downvote from 1 or 2 weeks ago.

Thanks to everyone for sharing your thoughts and insights in this situation. :great:

Greetings from PanzerPsycho68

Edited by PanzerPsycho68, 16 November 2017 - 11:52 AM.

Clan Leader of the Panzer-Vernichter Clan and a devoted German Tank Driver !

scaramax #10 Posted 16 November 2017 - 11:58 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 27739 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostJJSawry, on 16 November 2017 - 12:06 PM, said:

Moderation seems to take a long time. I haven't down voted anyone in a few days and got a notification about a player being warned because of my down vote.

WG sends these notifications around in a random pattern to make you feel as if your vote really counts.

I'm sure it's Ben Hope who is sending them

voting system and russians:teethhappy:

Edited by scaramax, 16 November 2017 - 11:59 AM.

Timsinsal #11 Posted 16 November 2017 - 12:28 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 28227 battles
  • [TANG]

View Postjylpah, on 16 November 2017 - 11:03 AM, said:

There was a link to US forums where a WG staff explained how upvotes by platoon/clan mates/friends do not count much but random votes do. Working as intended.

This would make sense but why not explain it to us.

I filed a ticket a few days ago because I'm currently sitting on 24 positive MH (at least 10 from platoon mates) and zero negative ones but my rating is still disciplined player, 3 stars.

The reply I got back was along the lines of the positive rating were more than 30 days old so don't count, which they're not because all MH was cleared with update 4.4.

Ticket re-opened.

Extra_Salty #12 Posted 16 November 2017 - 01:37 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 22795 battles
  • [C-F]

Played only few games and already got thanks for giving positive feedback, something has changed, hope it last longer this time.

Would it be interesting if one could withdraw given negative vote during certain period of time. Player could have a chance to give explanation for follies he/she is accused for, if story was good then one could redeem player.

Peddy_tanj_it #13 Posted 16 November 2017 - 01:54 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 63599 battles
  • [EU]

I see little point in the honour system. 

At best it limits the bad language in chat. 

I see no point in displaying the colour of the honour level  in chat as the level of honour does not reflect the skill of the player. 

They could be awful with a large number of votes from clan/platoon mates. If they displayed the overall win rate of the player it would be better. 

I still use the system and give praise to the best or good players. I down vote the AFK noobs. In the vain hope that something might be done. But I am becoming disheartened by the lack of an explanation of how sanctions are applied. Other than the automated honour level.

There Ain't No Justice = TANJ 

llo1 #14 Posted 16 November 2017 - 09:40 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 32157 battles
  • [1RTR]

Well since the update, I have had only 2 up votes until today!

Just got 4 upvotes in 2 battles, and following a long run of wins. 

Since the upvotes, been lagged shot by tanks all the way across the map and that I couldn't see, nor any reds in the near vicinity, been in green teams which didn't know their a*** from their elbow, and lost 8 battles in the trot!

And my MH hasn't changed!

Time for a break guys!

ethanjames_1 #15 Posted 17 November 2017 - 11:19 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 76611 battles
  • [T-T-S]

View Postllo1, on 16 November 2017 - 09:40 PM, said:

Well since the update, I have had only 2 up votes until today!

Just got 4 upvotes in 2 battles, and following a long run of wins. 

Since the upvotes, been lagged shot by tanks all the way across the map and that I couldn't see, nor any reds in the near vicinity, been in green teams which didn't know their a*** from their elbow, and lost 8 battles in the trot!

And my MH hasn't changed!

Time for a break guys!

I upvoted you yesterday!

Precariat #16 Posted 17 November 2017 - 11:53 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 17826 battles
  • [B-B-B]

So I got a "Lucky" praise (on US account) because I got 2 kills and didn't take much damage. I asked about why I was lucky and they told me.

I was in the Covenanter at the time (with Camo net) and was staying hull down as much as possible, flanking with a DW 2 (iirc). This is luck? Damage done was average.

It seems both the lucky votes were more about skill than luck imo.

When you can't walk, you crawl and when you can't crawl anymore somebody will carry you

Debbie_Does_Dallas #17 Posted 17 November 2017 - 08:25 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 72212 battles
  • [HE-49]
I think the majority of us have no idea how this system works....everybody has zero negative thumbs, even after you've downvoted them. It's total BS. And not a single explanation from the powers that be. I had a friend request after one battle yesterday, the chap was useful (60% wr)...looked at his MH....last 30 days 727 praises, no negatives......some very dodgy s**t going down somewhere!!!

And when I reach the gates of heaven, Saint Peter I will tell..."one more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell".

verse found among possessions of dead american GI on omaha beach. Normandy 1944.

llo1 #18 Posted 17 November 2017 - 09:05 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 32157 battles
  • [1RTR]

View Postethanjames_1, on 17 November 2017 - 11:19 AM, said:

I upvoted you yesterday!

Definite thanks, you were one of the 4 I picked up in 2 battles!

Thanks again.

Just got a 6 reds destroyed, last man rammed one of the greens and died.....what did I get for the teammates......zero. Even got an upvote from the red team.....more than the greens did!

Edited by llo1, 17 November 2017 - 09:06 PM.

Also tagged with Military Honour

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users