Black Friday Premiums

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

TangoAlpha1 #1 Posted 22 November 2017 - 06:55 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 68664 battles
  • [TENC]

So, having funded the game I love by buying prems this year, I have come to the conclusion that I should have the word MUG written across my forehead!

Having bought the Sentinel pair, the FCM Pak, and only just last week the Ram2, I am now presented with the grim reality that foolishly there was no need to spend a single penny as I can now get them for free in a box!

WarGaming seem hell bent to do all they can to persuade you not to spend with them ever again as at some point they will give it to you willingly.

A far better deal would have been to offer a decent discount on the gold prems or well placed cash deal on existing rare stock. 

This thinly disguised gambling event serves a reminder to me that there is little sense in spending money for a rare tank to enjoy because before you know it, it will be dropping in a box sometime soon.

The long term financial support provided to this game by players will surely dry up if WarGaming insist on treating paying customers with such disdain, what do you all think?

_RagingRabbit_ #2 Posted 22 November 2017 - 06:59 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 15818 battles
  • [FTC-4]
Yeah I don't understand why they don't introduce some new tanks as reward, or a tank that wasn't for sale for a long time. They actually do the opposite: selling tanks that were for sale very recently: I bought the Ram II as well, and wanted to buy the Sentinels as well, but now I won't do that of course.

TangoAlpha1 #3 Posted 22 November 2017 - 07:19 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 68664 battles
  • [TENC]

Very true to give away something that you’re still displaying on offer for £20 seems like a very sure fire way to ensure your sales grind to a halt!

I wonder when I’m going to see the episode of a load of yuppie wannabes running WarGaming appear on the Apprentice? I’m looking forward to seeing Lord Sugar fire the whole lot of them when it airs!

minitelrose #4 Posted 22 November 2017 - 07:20 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 80118 battles
  • [AFK]

My feeling is that there will be an offer tomorrow for the rare special tank lovers and collectors.

My bet is that this small event  made to celebrate the paynots and the gamblers.

on my other notes, I pay 10-30 bucks every few months for something, and I absolutely don’t care if the next guy gets one of these things for free. I got so many free tanks it really doesn’t make an impression on me. The game is fun. I play. When I feel like spending some allowance in compensation for th fun and reciprocatelly  I do. And the odd 10$ is the price of a small pizza and I think of the spending for about as long as It takes me to eat a pizza. 

meanwhile i have played for years.

Read my guides there

"I want the game to be just how it was launched, no MM limitations for platoons, some unbalanced match once in a while, and friendly fire should come back as well. The only thing they should remove is statistics." -phony1907, 08 July 2016, 05:45pm - 

I want just that, and replay files.

reekoiler #5 Posted 22 November 2017 - 07:37 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 52549 battles
  • [FTC-1]

View PostTangoAlpha1, on 22 November 2017 - 07:19 PM, said:

Very true to give away something that you’re still displaying on offer for £20 seems like a very sure fire way to ensure your sales grind to a halt!

I wonder when I’m going to see the episode of a load of yuppie wannabes running WarGaming appear on the Apprentice? I’m looking forward to seeing Lord Sugar fire the whole lot of them when it airs!

It’s on telly tonite!   Fire Joanna!!   Fire them all!!!

The_noble_Prinz #6 Posted 22 November 2017 - 07:55 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 10804 battles
  • [VALKR]

My recent purchase was the AC IV and you can get that in the containers already! But I have none of the tank up for grabs so I'm less affected by this " Black Friday event" besides if I get the AC IV again the extra credits are welcomed (need them to buy or re buy an x amount of tech tree tanks that I've sold off for my Short sorties). 

"Then, it's my turn to taste you now"- Prinz Eugen AL 

Survived two years of Blitz.  

TangoAlpha1 #7 Posted 22 November 2017 - 08:03 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 68664 battles
  • [TENC]

View Postminitelrose, on 22 November 2017 - 07:20 PM, said:

My feeling is that there will be an offer tomorrow for the rare special tank lovers and collectors.

My bet is that this small event  made to celebrate the paynots and the gamblers.

on my other notes, I pay 10-30 bucks every few months for something, and I absolutely don’t care if the next guy gets one of these things for free. I got so many free tanks it really doesn’t make an impression on me. The game is fun. I play. When I feel like spending some allowance in compensation for th fun and reciprocatelly  I do. And the odd 10$ is the price of a small pizza and I think of the spending for about as long as It takes me to eat a pizza. 

meanwhile i have played for years.

I love pizza! I’m not against people getting a bit of free, like you I’ve done alright from the game over the years, so won’t begrudge anyone benefiting from that. However, I think it’s a kick in the sack to spend money and within a week, it’s given away. I can imagine the uproar if the German Bulldog was included in this “event”, if you’ve sold it within the last year, don’t give it away.

Anytime from here on in, if I see a tank offered for a cash sale, at the back of my mind the nagging voice saying “it’s going to be in a crate next week!” and that’s probably going to temper my frivolous online shopping habit!

TangoAlpha1 #8 Posted 22 November 2017 - 08:07 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 68664 battles
  • [TENC]

View Postreekoiler, on 22 November 2017 - 07:37 PM, said:

It’s on telly tonite!   Fire Joanna!!   Fire them all!!!

They seem to have found the numpty mothership this year, but it’s still entertaining. I do wonder if Viktor recruits from the rejects sometimes!

Tijgerhaai_XIV #9 Posted 22 November 2017 - 08:47 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 12371 battles
  • [ALBA]
I bought the Löwe and M6E2A1 (frowns in concentration, think that is right) despite them getting in the crates. Life is short, and my luck awful. I wanted them, could not see any point waiting. Don't grudge this that get then for free, just jealous :)

jonty_2014 #10 Posted 22 November 2017 - 09:05 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 73661 battles
  • [EMRS]
The Blaze is in the Black Friday video.... I also wonder if the T28 HTC will make a reappearance...

Tank collectors hat on.

Empros is recruiting! Message me in game to apply.

Peddy_tanj_it #11 Posted 23 November 2017 - 01:05 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 59132 battles
  • [EU]

The logic used by WG to offer tanks for one time only "Fury"', "GuP" tanks for example has failed. As many of these one time only tanks have been offered again at later date. 

They get a fair bit of income the first time they sell the tank. Take it off sale and then reintroduce it later and get even more money without having to develop new code for the "new" tank. 

The system of discount offered on tanks is very strange I have been offered 50% off and 10% off at various times. 

The bundle offers can be good if you actually want all tanks in the bundle. 

The idea of giving away premium tanks in the big give away crates is flawed. It added a lot more premium tanks into the game and greatly destroys the market for those tanks used in the give away.  Why buy a SU100Y for gold when I might get one in the next crate I open.  As pointed out by TangoAlpha1 this annoys those who have actually spent money for suff that could now be free. 

WG. Needs to finance the game but the ways they have been trying over the last 18 months is very strange. 

Personally I do not like any of the existing premium tanks enough to buy them unless it is at an exceptional discount. At least 50%

If they offered the Dracula I might just get it because it is so OP.  Whilst I wish that fantasy tanks were taken out of the game it is not going to happen. The best we can hope for is a limitation button. Similar to the supremency and the No PC players options. 

There Ain't No Justice = TANJ 

TangoAlpha1 #12 Posted 23 November 2017 - 07:59 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 68664 battles
  • [TENC]

Am I the only one thinking that they’ve missed a trick?

Instead of this exploitative “event”, if WarGaming had thought about it, they could have offered the tanks in crates for an individual or combined sale for a “discounted” cash price. 

If the tier three- fours were a few pounds up to say £7 for the is2 or FCM, I think more units would have been shifted and more cash would have flowed into the coffers of WG. 

Put two to three together as a package as offer them for £10-20, depending on the tierage.

Not sure who comes up with this ideas but they don’t really seem to understand the best ways to encourage spending from the customer base.

Edited by TangoAlpha1, 23 November 2017 - 08:00 AM.

Gentleman_l8astard #13 Posted 23 November 2017 - 09:17 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 11244 battles
  • [ALBA]

I’m still pretty burnt about spending money with WG.  I have dropped the odd €10 since the doomsday patch, but really don’t see myself giving out cash for a gambling “event”.  There are some tanks I’d like to get, but knowing my luck with the odds on crates I’ll pass.  Spending €10 for a “chance” to get a tank and ending up with boosters and silver doesn’t really do it for me.  It’s ok when I get silver from the free crates, but when I drop hard earned cash for it ... that’s something else.

I expect there will be some kind of bundled offers on Friday, and if one of them has a significant discount on a tank I really want I might consider opening the wallet.  The current offer is simply lackluster and of no real interest to me.  

Mjr_Eazy #14 Posted 23 November 2017 - 09:42 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 33069 battles
  • [BT_SV]
If you buy 10 crates you will get a tank from the 2nd list in UK that’s 8.99 or 24.99 for 3 but you are still gambling on what ones you get and I’d bet you’re right it’s just another shower of Polsters from the crates themselves.

547146227.png

Yr_Mama #15 Posted 23 November 2017 - 04:48 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 13432 battles
I wouldn’t say that they’re committing commercial suicide, just yet. There are a lot of new players for whom these tanks are (sort of) new. I do not agree with the gambling element. I think they’re missing a commercial opportunity because when you look at, for example, the number of new premium tanks introduced and available in console game, blitz does seem to lag way behind. We have had a good few new tank lines recently but there seems to be a reluctance to develop and launch new premiums?

Blue_Snail #16 Posted 23 November 2017 - 04:56 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 4519 battles
  • [ALBAB]

Well, for all their stumbling around, WG does still seem to succeed.

I recently started messing around in War Wings.

And they are just a clone Play4Free game, very similar to WoWP and WarThunder in design.

Having been around in WoT and Blitz for years, I'm not inclined to use cash.

Especially, since I know that eventually, I will get a bit bored with all of them.

And claiming I was a Unicum never sounded very convincing during a job interview.  :harp:

TangoAlpha1 #17 Posted 23 November 2017 - 08:20 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 68664 battles
  • [TENC]

View PostYr_Mama, on 23 November 2017 - 04:48 PM, said:

I wouldn’t say that they’re committing commercial suicide, just yet. There are a lot of new players for whom these tanks are (sort of) new. I do not agree with the gambling element. I think they’re missing a commercial opportunity because when you look at, for example, the number of new premium tanks introduced and available in console game, blitz does seem to lag way behind. We have had a good few new tank lines recently but there seems to be a reluctance to develop and launch new premiums?

But there’s no guarantee of getting the tank you actually want, so any rational thinking person would look at and give it a pass. I wouldn’t mind the IS2 but not prepared to take the risk to obtain, bad news for WG because if they stuck it on sale for £5 as part of a Black Friday sale, I expect they would have shifted a fair few units.

Whilst new players may desire these tanks, the likelihood is as with so many in the past, they will throw ten to twenty pounds at the crates get nothing much except a shedload of Poosters and a PZiiJ and not engage with the lottery again. 

So, I have to counter your view on their commercial suicide because the more players become disenfranchised as a consequence of poorly thought events and sales tactics, the harder it becomes to convince to spend with you.

Giving away something whilst you’re trying to sell it for £20 or recently sold it for a cash value- Bad business 

Convincing players to spend cash for a prize worth a minuscule value in comparison to what is spent- Bad business

Getting vulnerable people addicted to gambling for the sake of your unethical business approach- Bad business

When these fundamentals are addressed, then trade will improve, continue as they are then it’s commercial suicide pure and simple as the money will dry up for all of the above reasons.

TriggerFingers #18 Posted 23 November 2017 - 08:29 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 7900 battles
I have almost 24 crates in a row with nothing but spare parts. I don't know about this event bonuses but i ain't getting them. 

Just_merpug #19 Posted 23 November 2017 - 11:26 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 54263 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostTriggerFingers, on 23 November 2017 - 08:29 PM, said:

I have almost 24 crates in a row with nothing but spare parts. I don't know about this event bonuses but i ain't getting them. 

The event crates are separate. You have to buy them.

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

TangoAlpha1 #20 Posted 24 November 2017 - 10:32 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 68664 battles
  • [TENC]

View Postmrpgilbert, on 23 November 2017 - 11:26 PM, said:

The event crates are separate. You have to buy them.

I think the way they presented it was misleading and there’s probably a lot of players wondering where their crates on who missed the crucial point that this is only available for cash or gold.

Also tagged with Black Friday, Premiums

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users