Upcoming balance adjustments

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

Colmain595 #21 Posted 06 December 2017 - 09:28 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 30574 battles
  • [KRH]

Please seriously consider buffing the following tanks.

Sau 40 - This is the worst vehicle I've played in Blitz.  My TD crew skills are maxed out, I'm a decent TD player and I've equipped my Sau 40 using 5 of the nine slots.  After all that I still find it a very very difficult vehicle to play in.  It must be near impossible for newer players and those with less advanced crew skills.  Needs buffs on pretty much everything

FCM 40 Pak - Second to the Sau 40 for the same reason.  I advise nobody to ever buy it.  Could do with a traverse and reload buff.

Excelsior - No longer a good tank, cannot compete.  It needs a pen buff.

Edited by Colmain595, 06 December 2017 - 09:29 PM.

Tijgerhaai_XIV #22 Posted 06 December 2017 - 09:53 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 5848 battles
  • [ALBA]
The Löwe is going to be buffed? I cannot see why that is necessary but I won't complain :)

ObeseRat_EU #23 Posted 07 December 2017 - 02:35 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 6421 battles
  • [G2G2]
Vindicator UM's gun depression is so terrible that a slight bump on the ground underneath its frontal hull makes it unable to aim at a tank in front of it. Its shells can't penetrate tier 8 heavies.

jylpah #24 Posted 07 December 2017 - 03:28 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 11519 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostVonPottypoop, on 07 December 2017 - 02:26 AM, said:

Just lower it to tier 7 then it may be competitive but I doubt that will be enough.

And move T6 Dracula to Tier VIII. Problem solved.

RANDOM == FAIR. I do not want to carry Noobs more than I have to.

Jylpah[AFK] @EU          Jylpah[SKX-T] @Asia            Tier V-X Tank Ranking         Jylpah is AFK

VonPottypoop #25 Posted 07 December 2017 - 06:39 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 9935 battles
  • [FTC-1]

View Postjylpah, on 07 December 2017 - 03:28 AM, said:

And move T6 Dracula to Tier VIII. Problem solved.

Yeh and it’s double barrel Nemesis to where they should have been all along.

Very proud leader of the Fun-Tan-Clan Related image

StrikeFIN #26 Posted 07 December 2017 - 06:41 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 5724 battles
  • [AOF]
I wish they would added tiers III and IV graphs also :(

Serious MH suggestion discussion: http://forum.wotblit...497#entry663497

Add 76mm L-11 optional gun for A-32 premium tank!

_L0GAN_ #27 Posted 07 December 2017 - 07:48 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 17792 battles
  • [EMRS]

JagdPanther2 TD.

It is just too soft to survive as every hit causes damage regardless of tank angle. Modules and tracks too weak.  Please examine statistics and rebalance.

Edited by _L0GAN_, 07 December 2017 - 07:51 AM.

KAS_118 #28 Posted 07 December 2017 - 08:21 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 30198 battles
  • [VG]
The Matilda II also needs a traverse (both hull and turret) and rate of fire buff. Please put it back to his it was when it first entered this game 

Titus_Scato #29 Posted 07 December 2017 - 10:00 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 33346 battles
  • [1RTR]

View PostStrikeFIN, on 06 December 2017 - 12:32 PM, said:

A-32 premium tank, 76mm L-11 optional gun (AP penetration from 66 > 68, historical gun as were used on next A-34 variant)

No - just give it another 80 hitpoints, so it has the same health as the Tier 5 T-34.  That will be enough.

MaXSty1er #30 Posted 07 December 2017 - 10:13 AM

Lance-corporal

• Administrator
  • 288 battles

View PostDans79Vet, on 06 December 2017 - 03:56 PM, said:

E5 will be a good change.

Any chance of a couple more degrees gun depression for the WarHammer tanks?

Rarely see them and I’ve parked mine till they get better, just need some small changes as others are far easier to do well in.

It is really good E5 change, I know many players were waiting for that.

WH tanks will be changed, you'll get detailed info soon

View PostCancracker, on 06 December 2017 - 09:57 PM, said:

Sp ic definitely needs a buff but the extent of it is hard to tell without data cause we have only tier 5, 6 and 10 data for the moment. 

Do you think it is really bad? What do you think should be improved?

MaXSty1er #31 Posted 07 December 2017 - 10:18 AM

Lance-corporal

• Administrator
  • 288 battles

View Post_L0GAN_, on 07 December 2017 - 09:48 AM, said:

JagdPanther2 TD.

It is just too soft to survive as every hit causes damage regardless of tank angle. Modules and tracks too weak.  Please examine statistics and rebalance.

But JgPanther2 has good speed, so if it has a good armor what is the Ferdinand's advantage ?

UTB_Antilles #32 Posted 07 December 2017 - 10:25 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 34985 battles
  • [UTB]

@ SP IC

The gun reload of the autoloader should be reduced.

~ 3.5 sec is too long. Bushka complained about this when you nerfed it, btw. 

Now you get spotted between the two shots, so it's extremely hard to play. 

-> Reduce the gun reload time to 2.5 sec. PLEASE.

Titus_Scato #33 Posted 07 December 2017 - 10:37 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 33346 battles
  • [1RTR]

Radical suggestion for Ferdinand balancing:

Move it to Tier VII.  (We have Jagdpanther II at Tier VIII, so no break in line.)

To be balanced at Tier VII, Ferdinand should have:

• lower hit points
  • top Elefant suspension traverse reduced to 20 degrees
  • top gun removed (12,8 cm Pak 44 L/55) - players who researched it get equivalent Free XP
  • top engine removed (Porsche Deutz Typ 180/2) - players who researched it get equivalent Free XP
  • new stock gun (8,8 cm Pak L/56)
  • new stock engine (Porsche Type 180/1 Ausf.A, 550 hp)

Any unused XP on Tier VIII Ferdinand is divided by 25 and converted to Free XP.  (Equivalent to normal gold conversion of normal XP to Free XP.)

Existing stats on Tier VIII Ferdinand copy over to Tier VII version.

Players must research Tier VII Jagdpanther to progress to the Jagdpanther II at Tier VIII, the Tier VII Ferdinand becomes an alternative dead end branch, like the Churchill Gun Carrier.

Edited by Titus_Scato, 07 December 2017 - 11:00 AM.

KAS_118 #34 Posted 07 December 2017 - 12:04 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 30198 battles
  • [VG]

View PostTitus_Scato, on 07 December 2017 - 10:37 AM, said:

Move it to Tier VII.  (We have Jagdpanther II at Tier VIII, so no break in line.)

• lower hit points
  • top gun removed (12,8 cm Pak 44 L/55) - players who researched it get equivalent Free XP
  • top engine removed (Porsche Deutz Typ 180/2) - players who researched it get equivalent Free XP

Any unused XP on Tier VIII Ferdinand is divided by 25 and converted to Free XP.  (Equivalent to normal gold conversion of normal XP to Free XP.)

Players must research Tier VII Jagdpanther to progress to the Jagdpanther II at Tier VIII, the Tier VII Ferdinand becomes an alternative dead end branch, like the Churchill Gun Carrier.

Yeah - that's a good suggestion; the Ferdinand is a bit pointless at the moment :)

Calisota #35 Posted 07 December 2017 - 01:18 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 17046 battles
  • [NERV]

View PostVonPottypoop, on 06 December 2017 - 06:26 PM, said:

Just lower it to tier 7 then it may be competitive but I doubt that will be enough.

Wtf - The CDC is pretty good if u know how to play it. I had to struggle with it too, but is a good light hunter and the gun has amazing handling on the go with the fast and stead turret. U just cant play it agressive or in any other way at the front. Hunt down yolo spotters, Stay second row and protect supporting TDs when they may get flanked. When reds are pretty much all HalfLife3 u go out and finish them while speeding through them and distracting so ur team pushes in. Like a Leopard 1 or a Dracula. Not too bad, but a bit big in size. Doesnt need a buff in my eyes, just a good driver.

Löwe doesnt need a buff either.:facepalm: It's already a rolling bunker with a high velocity, lazor accurate sniper rifle which is capable of landing [edited]cupola hits over the whole map without zooming.:amazed:

Same as FV4202 - It's not a damm russian medium or Conqueror; Play it wisely and u get amazing results. The tank is pretty okay but the users dont know how to play it. I mean when u say the FV4202 needs more armor, then first get the Leopard 1 some armor - the FV4202 has not bad chances to bounce while Leo is like running in a chicken from a Shotgun with 000 Buckshot. :deer:

Sp1C's are also pretty good enemys - if used good thry can be very annoyeing foes but many yolo in it or stay too long in the open. 

I don't get it why so many are asking for insane buffs on tanks with good capabilities. If you wanna drive a damm scout aggressively, then drive T49 with XM Launcher or just drive a russian heavy and push like an ignorant IS-6. 

If you can't spot or use basic guerilla tactics, then just don't drive tanks that are made specific for that role.:sceptic:

BlitzNEWS EU Administrator for english posts and reviews => NewsFeed/Broadcast: Https://Telegram.me/wblitzeu and ComServer: discord.gg/PHDF8FDF(due to limit no real link)

Calisota #36 Posted 07 December 2017 - 01:29 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 17046 battles
  • [NERV]

View PostTitus_Scato, on 07 December 2017 - 10:37 AM, said:

• lower hit points

There is a good reason it's tier 8:

The armor is pretty good and the gun is smooth.

There are 2 options to get to Jagdtiger 12.8cm:

Fast, agile, weak Jagdpanther II

slow, clumsy, well armoured Ferdinand

Both have their pros and cons. The Ferdi is good protected against the low power medium guns and lower tier tanks and thus can be a devastating stopping machine in the right hands. Sure as all turretless TDs u can reck it with tracking or weakspot exploiting but that means the attacking tank has to aim longer thus staying longer in the potential firelane of the high-power 12.8cm. 

The Jp2 is a supporter on medium lanes and the Ferdi is a supporter from second row for more chilled users or on heavy lanes. In my eyes of being enemy of the Ferdi, I feel like that split of Jp2 and Ferdi is working superb balanced. a split that gives both types of TD players sonething to have fun with. If Ferdi doesnt match u, take Jp2 and be happy;)

BlitzNEWS EU Administrator for english posts and reviews => NewsFeed/Broadcast: Https://Telegram.me/wblitzeu and ComServer: discord.gg/PHDF8FDF(due to limit no real link)

LoadAimFireRun #37 Posted 07 December 2017 - 02:01 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 22147 battles
  • [-ROP-]
The Jackson and CGC are already OP as they are. But what about the T28 ? Maybe increase the top speed , view range and traverse so you have fighting chance. Or maybe give it a nice 640 alpha damage gun instead of a potatoe shooter (which has a nice reload, I will admin to that).

Titus_Scato #38 Posted 07 December 2017 - 02:48 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 33346 battles
  • [1RTR]

View PostCalisota, on 07 December 2017 - 01:29 PM, said:

There is a good reason it's tier 8:

The armor is pretty good and the gun is smooth.

There are 2 options to get to Jagdtiger 12.8cm:

Fast, agile, weak Jagdpanther II

slow, clumsy, well armoured Ferdinand

Both have their pros and cons. The Ferdi is good protected against the low power medium guns and lower tier tanks and thus can be a devastating stopping machine in the right hands. Sure as all turretless TDs u can reck it with tracking or weakspot exploiting but that means the attacking tank has to aim longer thus staying longer in the potential firelane of the high-power 12.8cm. 

The Jp2 is a supporter on medium lanes and the Ferdi is a supporter from second row for more chilled users or on heavy lanes. In my eyes of being enemy of the Ferdi, I feel like that split of Jp2 and Ferdi is working superb balanced. a split that gives both types of TD players sonething to have fun with. If Ferdi doesnt match u, take Jp2 and be happy;)

• The Tier VII British AT 7 has thicker armour than the Ferdinand.
  • Take away the Ferdinand’s top engine, and the AT 7 has better acceleration than the Ferdinand (and quicker hull traverse) although top speed is 10 kph slower.
  • Take away the Ferdinand’s top gun, and
    • the SU-152 using the 122mm D-25 mod.1944 gun has 90 more alpha damage and 557 more DPM.  
    • The SU-100M1 has way better speed and traverse, the same alpha damage, and marginally higher DPM.
    • Finally, the Sturer Emil has 150 more alpha damage, and 31mm more penetration.

Regarding the split between the Ferdinand and the Jagdpanther II, a split would still exist, but it would be with the Tier VII Jagdpanther instead.

Edited by Titus_Scato, 07 December 2017 - 03:03 PM.

Titus_Scato #39 Posted 07 December 2017 - 03:15 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 33346 battles
  • [1RTR]

View PostLoadAimFireRun, on 07 December 2017 - 02:01 PM, said:

The Jackson and CGC are already OP as they are. But what about the T28 ? Maybe increase the top speed , view range and traverse so you have fighting chance. Or maybe give it a nice 640 alpha damage gun instead of a potatoe shooter (which has a nice reload, I will admin to that).

The T28 has a nice reload, but not quite nice enough.  

All gun handling stats should be identical to the T95 when using the same 120mm gun.  (That means a quicker aiming time and a slightly quicker rate of fire.)

The T28 should also have identical view range as the T95 (264m).

Edited by Titus_Scato, 07 December 2017 - 03:18 PM.

superschnitzelkoenig #40 Posted 07 December 2017 - 03:46 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 35010 battles
  • [RA1D]

View PostCalisota, on 07 December 2017 - 01:18 PM, said:

Wtf - The CDC is pretty good if u know how to play it. I had to struggle with it too, but is a good light hunter and the gun has amazing handling on the go with the fast and stead turret. U just cant play it agressive or in any other way at the front. Hunt down yolo spotters, Stay second row and protect supporting TDs when they may get flanked. When reds are pretty much all HalfLife3 u go out and finish them while speeding through them and distracting so ur team pushes in. Like a Leopard 1 or a Dracula. Not too bad, but a bit big in size. Doesnt need a buff in my eyes, just a good driver.

Löwe doesnt need a buff either.:facepalm: It's already a rolling bunker with a high velocity, lazor accurate sniper rifle which is capable of landing [edited]cupola hits over the whole map without zooming.:amazed:

Same as FV4202 - It's not a damm russian medium or Conqueror; Play it wisely and u get amazing results. The tank is pretty okay but the users dont know how to play it. I mean when u say the FV4202 needs more armor, then first get the Leopard 1 some armor - the FV4202 has not bad chances to bounce while Leo is like running in a chicken from a Shotgun with 000 Buckshot. :deer:

Sp1C's are also pretty good enemys - if used good thry can be very annoyeing foes but many yolo in it or stay too long in the open. 

I don't get it why so many are asking for insane buffs on tanks with good capabilities. If you wanna drive a damm scout aggressively, then drive T49 with XM Launcher or just drive a russian heavy and push like an ignorant IS-6. 

If you can't spot or use basic guerilla tactics, then just don't drive tanks that are made specific for that role.:sceptic:

LOL. This posting is just hilarious. Basically what you are saying: there are no underpowered tanks, you just need to drive it correctly. You could also put a Ru 251 into Tier X and you would still say it's ok because a good player will kind of make it work. The difference is: A good player will make the other tanks work much better.

Example: Amx CDC: This tank is really really really weak. It's huge. It's got the cammo value of a Maus. It's fast but it turns very bad. Who are you to teach any of the players in this forum about how good the CDC is? You have a mere 35 games on it and some of the worst stats of all your Tier 8 tanks. Believe me: I have 300 games on it and I'm a Top 20 player on the CDC: This tank NEEDS a buff. It's fun to play but incredibly hard to work with on many maps. It's the only Tier 8 Premium I have below 2000 dmg in (again, still Top 20...). 

Same with FV4202: It used to be a perfectly balanced tank. Then WG started messing around with it. It became slightly stronger with HEAT and HESH but the last Nerf made it considerably worse than it has ever been. How can a tank that is now much worse than it has been when it was balanced now be balanced again? Simply doesn't make sense. Btw.: You don't even own it. Who are you to talk about it?!

Anyway, if you think balancing tanks is futile because "every tank just needs a good driver" it's ok but this argument is kind of out of place in a thread ABOUT balancing, not? 

Stop Complaining...           ...Carry Harder!

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users