• Please log in to reply
300 replies to this topic

Calisota #41 Posted 07 December 2017 - 04:07 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Community Contributor
  • 19002 battles
  • [NERV]

View PostColmain595, on 06 December 2017 - 09:28 PM, said:

Excelsior - No longer a good tank, cannot compete.  It needs a pen buff.

A pen buff? What do you want? If u buff the penetration it need to go up to Tier 6. I've already 75%wr at 45 battles and the last buff(this update I think) made it even better. The armor is so forgiving and trolling and therefore u can take your time to aim and hit the weakspots. Or go into CQB and get the sides of your enemy. Else change your preferred enemy priorisation in this tank and hunt weaker targets like lower tier tanks which cant pen you or mediums. Your team can then help you afterwards with killing tanks u struggle. Teamplay and Gameplay decide the game, not a single one in a op premium :coin:

ps: you can always use the calibrated shells to boost ur pen a bit which is usually enough.

Check out some sneeki breeki insights(WG approved) for upcoming Updates of World of Tanks: Blitz and World of Warships: Blitz or simply find other cool users to talk with.

The Blitz Post Discord 

killerkiller777 #42 Posted 07 December 2017 - 04:15 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 33301 battles
  • [TNG]
Glacial, penetration buff

Thank you for removing timers and spare parts, now please do the same with Military Honor !

Calisota #43 Posted 07 December 2017 - 04:59 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Community Contributor
  • 19002 battles
  • [NERV]

View Postsuperschnitzelkoenig, on 07 December 2017 - 03:46 PM, said:

LOL. This posting is just hilarious. Basically what you are saying: there are no underpowered tanks, you just need to drive it correctly. You could also put a Ru 251 into Tier X and you would still say it's ok because a good player will kind of make it work. The difference is: A good player will make the other tanks work much better.

Example: Amx CDC: This tank is really really really weak. It's huge. It's got the cammo value of a Maus. It's fast but it turns very bad. Who are you to teach any of the players in this forum about how good the CDC is? You have a mere 35 games on it and some of the worst stats of all your Tier 8 tanks. Believe me: I have 300 games on it and I'm a Top 20 player on the CDC: This tank NEEDS a buff. It's fun to play but incredibly hard to work with on many maps. It's the only Tier 8 Premium I have below 2000 dmg in (again, still Top 20...). 

Same with FV4202: It used to be a perfectly balanced tank. Then WG started messing around with it. It became slightly stronger with HEAT and HESH but the last Nerf made it considerably worse than it has ever been. How can a tank that is now much worse than it has been when it was balanced now be balanced again? Simply doesn't make sense. Btw.: You don't even own it. Who are you to talk about it?!

Anyway, if you think balancing tanks is futile because "every tank just needs a good driver" it's ok but this argument is kind of out of place in a thread ABOUT balancing, not? 

yep

I know Ive not that many battles on it but thats the point of it. 

My first 8 games I had a 0%wr because I got on every second ahot ammorecked. Lost faith in it and didnt try to adapt a new playstyle. Then at around 15 battles and a 37%wr or so I tried to drive it like a Leopard 1 and boom now at 35 games im already at 57% - I still have no big impact on the game though, but I know how to survive longer and help at crucial points. The CDC is still very fast and can be a good run and gunner. Thats why I say that this tank doesnt need a specific buff. If I can get this tank from under 40% to 57% that fast, it cant be that bad. Sure a Ru251 is not suited that well for Tier X but its mostly the user who misplays the tank. My Rhm. is worst and I feel frustrated about my exorbitant bad stats on it - I cant really see my fault for having it in such a bad shape when everything I hear is "Borsig is awesome". Same as T54ltwt. I cant get on the right foot with it while a friend of me rocks with it like its op. And im sitting there with my mouth open not understanding what I fck up. I bet over 60% of all tanks with negative stats are just driven wrong. my Löwe for example is also not good - I fcked up when I was new(typical Wallet Warrior) and now I cant get it out of the mud. But I know how to play it and I can say its well balanced. 

Thats all. Nothing more, nothing less. Just my opinion

Check out some sneeki breeki insights(WG approved) for upcoming Updates of World of Tanks: Blitz and World of Warships: Blitz or simply find other cool users to talk with.

The Blitz Post Discord 

Calisota #44 Posted 07 December 2017 - 05:23 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Community Contributor
  • 19002 battles
  • [NERV]

View PostTitus_Scato, on 07 December 2017 - 02:48 PM, said:

• The Tier VII British AT 7 has thicker armour than the Ferdinand.
  • Take away the Ferdinand’s top engine, and the AT 7 has better acceleration than the Ferdinand (and quicker hull traverse) although top speed is 10 kph slower.
  • Take away the Ferdinand’s top gun, and
    • the SU-152 using the 122mm D-25 mod.1944 gun has 90 more alpha damage and 557 more DPM.  
    • The SU-100M1 has way better speed and traverse, the same alpha damage, and marginally higher DPM.
    • Finally, the Sturer Emil has 150 more alpha damage, and 31mm more penetration.

Regarding the split between the Ferdinand and the Jagdpanther II, a split would still exist, but it would be with the Tier VII Jagdpanther instead.

Why not tweaking the gun?

8.8cm L/71

dispersion: from 0.307 to 0.290

aimtime: from 5.1 to 4.8

RoF: from 11.29 to 11.79

10.5cm L/52 changing to 10.5cm Kw.K. L/68(a smaller brother of the JgTig 8.8 opt. gun)

Rof: from 7.92 to 8.5

Pen: from 200/244/60 to 220/265/60

dmg: same

dispersion: from 0.326 to 0.295

aimtime: from 3.8 to 4.0

weight: from 3000 to 3600

12.8cm L/55

RoF: from 5.62 to 5.76

dispersion: from 0.336 to 0.320

aimingtime: from 5.6 to 5

note: Dispersion of the move should be increased to make the buff more reasonable as a trade

That should give it a better role as third row supporter/camper/sniper. More accuracy and slightly higher rate of fire for being slow and clumsy. The Jp2 is rhen the fast pacer and mid range to close range hunter while the ferdinand keeps more distance to use the penloss over distance and thus making the armorprofile slightly more effective. By that the Ferdi can still be as powerful as the Jp2. The RoF buff makes up for the uncomfortable dispersion on the move. 

I would maybe suggest a trade of traverse speed and max speed. More traverse for less topspeed. 

The Blitz Post Discord 

superschnitzelkoenig #45 Posted 07 December 2017 - 07:01 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 44065 battles
  • [RA1D]

View PostCalisota, on 07 December 2017 - 04:59 PM, said:

yep

I know Ive not that many battles on it but thats the point of it. 

My first 8 games I had a 0%wr because I got on every second ahot ammorecked. Lost faith in it and didnt try to adapt a new playstyle. Then at around 15 battles and a 37%wr or so I tried to drive it like a Leopard 1 and boom now at 35 games im already at 57% - I still have no big impact on the game though, but I know how to survive longer and help at crucial points. The CDC is still very fast and can be a good run and gunner. Thats why I say that this tank doesnt need a specific buff. If I can get this tank from under 40% to 57% that fast, it cant be that bad. Sure a Ru251 is not suited that well for Tier X but its mostly the user who misplays the tank. My Rhm. is worst and I feel frustrated about my exorbitant bad stats on it - I cant really see my fault for having it in such a bad shape when everything I hear is "Borsig is awesome". Same as T54ltwt. I cant get on the right foot with it while a friend of me rocks with it like its op. And im sitting there with my mouth open not understanding what I fck up. I bet over 60% of all tanks with negative stats are just driven wrong. my Löwe for example is also not good - I fcked up when I was new(typical Wallet Warrior) and now I cant get it out of the mud. But I know how to play it and I can say its well balanced. 

Thats all. Nothing more, nothing less. Just my opinion

I don't get it. Of course you can play every tank to its maximum and you can play it in a way that you don't use its full potential. But that doesn't change the fact that some tanks are OVERALL objectively better than others. Winrate numbers with below 40 games are irrelevant as they are easily as much about luck as they are about skill (with 40 games I had 48% on my BC 25t AP despite doing 2500 Avg. Dmg. ... with 51 battles I now have 57% with the same Dmg... that doesn't make the tank or me as a player better or worse, it's pure RNG). 

What I'm saying: Yes, of course the most important factor about having success with a tank is the player. But there is a second factor and that is the quality of the tank, and unfortunately not all tanks are equally good / balanced. For proof please check jylpahs statistic-thread or look up blitzstars.com. Some tanks are simply better than others. A Helsing H0 is better than a St. Emil. A T-54 Mod.1 is way better than a AMX CDC. A Leopard is better than a (nerfed) FV4202. A Type 62 is better than a SP IC. Etc. Etc. . This is why we need Buffs and Nerfs and this is why there is and always will be balancing questions.

We are not talking about a 45%-noob complaining that his Comet doesn't have 400 Alpha and Heavy armour. We are talking about good players here in the forum who can very well distinguish between a tank that is being driven badly and a tank that is simply not good as it is. And that is exactly what I'm saying: The Amx CDC is OBJECTIVELY a tank that is worse than most tanks on its tiers. It will shine in certain situations but in many more other situations you simply won't have the means to succesfully influence the game in the way that you would be capable of in another tank. And this is AFTER the T49-Nerf. Before the Nerf you were just a driving oneshot as soon as there was a T49 in the enemy team.

That's why a small buff is absolutely ok. I would suggest simply making it smaller and giving it better Cammo but I doubt this will happen. I guess there will be a buff in DPM and traverse numbers, which should help.

Stop Complaining...           ...Carry Harder!

Cancracker #46 Posted 07 December 2017 - 08:50 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 58856 battles
  • [COBRA]

View PostMaXSty1er, on 07 December 2017 - 10:13 AM, said:

It is really good E5 change, I know many players were waiting for that.

WH tanks will be changed, you'll get detailed info soon

Do you think it is really bad? What do you think should be improved?

I'm killing SP ICs extremely easy even in tier 6 tanks. Somehow they don't accelerate to quickly to get away so I can push them till they run out of hitpoints. Mostly what they can do is shoot 2 times after that they are history. So it either needs to accelerate quicker and get away or have the gun improved because anything else would ruin the tanks character. Before I did meet good SP IC players that I congratulated afterwards for carrying the game but now as it is the SP IC is quite a rare tank let alone carry th and team.

"X 5 weekend, 10 games 9 losses ...
Some seals will be getting sooooo clubbed in the next couple of weeks."
                                                                                                             jonty_2014

ost4pops #47 Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:41 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 17923 battles
  • [IRMA]

View PostMaXSty1er, on 06 December 2017 - 12:05 PM, said:

What other tanks do you think need improvements? Let's discuss!

T49:  Please replace the red tip on the HE shell, with the grey one...

Spoiler

Titus_Scato #48 Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:59 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 39160 battles
  • [1RTR]

View PostCancracker, on 07 December 2017 - 08:50 PM, said:

I'm killing SP ICs extremely easy even in tier 6 tanks. Somehow they don't accelerate to quickly to get away so I can push them till they run out of hitpoints. Mostly what they can do is shoot 2 times after that they are history. So it either needs to accelerate quicker and get away or have the gun improved because anything else would ruin the tanks character. Before I did meet good SP IC players that I congratulated afterwards for carrying the game but now as it is the SP IC is quite a rare tank let alone carry th and team.

Yes, I had to drive the SP IC like a sneaky turreted TD to survive (like M8A1)

llo1 #49 Posted 07 December 2017 - 10:10 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 25339 battles
  • [1RTR]

The British cruiser line is simply too slow for a light tank and should have improved speed across the ground.

The Matilda, is no way a medium tank and should be reclassed as a heavy, and the rotation of the turret should be buffed.

Certified member, Save the Littlepard Foundation

Laukin #50 Posted 08 December 2017 - 01:15 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1774 battles
  • [PRB]
Helsing need nerf or move it to tier 8

jylpah #51 Posted 08 December 2017 - 02:50 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 12231 battles
  • [AFK]

Tier X

Buff: Grille XV, DeathStar

Nerf: Maus, E 100, IS-7

Proof:

Tier IX:

Buff: Type 61

Nerf: T95, E 75, ST-I

Proof:

Tier VIII:

Buff: AMX AC mle 48, STA-1,

Nerf: IS-3D, IS-3, IS-6, IS-5, T-54 Mod 1, T34, KV-5

Proof:

Tier VII

Buff: St. Emil, Bulldog, AMX AC mle 46,E 25, T71, AMX 13 75

Nerf: Helsing, M6A2E1, Rudy, T6 Dracula

Proof:

Tier VI

Buffs: ARL V39, Churchill Gun Carrier, Nashorn, T21, (Hellcat?)

Nerfs: Sherman Jumbo, KV-1S, Pz IV Schmalturm, Kuro Mori, (ARL 44 was nerfed already)

Proof:

The graphs tell the players' average WR difference to _their own_ other same tier tanks. Full analysis and explanation of the methodology is here.

Edited by jylpah, 08 December 2017 - 02:57 AM.

"All game mechanics work equally for all players." , WarGaming

Jylpah @EU  Jylpah @Asia  Tier V-X Tank Ranking      Jylpah is SKUX

jylpah #52 Posted 08 December 2017 - 02:52 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 12231 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostLoadAimFireRun, on 07 December 2017 - 10:01 PM, said:

The Jackson and CGC are already OP as they are. But what about the T28 ? Maybe increase the top speed , view range and traverse so you have fighting chance. Or maybe give it a nice 640 alpha damage gun instead of a potatoe shooter (which has a nice reload, I will admin to that).

Neither of them is OP or anywhere near OP...  Based on data, Jackson is well balanced, but GCG is struggling still badly.

"All game mechanics work equally for all players." , WarGaming

Jylpah @EU  Jylpah @Asia  Tier V-X Tank Ranking      Jylpah is SKUX

llo1 #53 Posted 08 December 2017 - 07:38 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 25339 battles
  • [1RTR]

View PostCalisota, on 07 December 2017 - 04:07 PM, said:

A pen buff? What do you want? If u buff the penetration it need to go up to Tier 6. I've already 75%wr at 45 battles and the last buff(this update I think) made it even better. The armor is so forgiving and trolling and therefore u can take your time to aim and hit the weakspots. Or go into CQB and get the sides of your enemy. Else change your preferred enemy priorisation in this tank and hunt weaker targets like lower tier tanks which cant pen you or mediums. Your team can then help you afterwards with killing tanks u struggle. Teamplay and Gameplay decide the game, not a single one in a op premium :coin:

ps: you can always use the calibrated shells to boost ur pen a bit which is usually enough.

Aren't you the lucky one then!

Excelsior cannot pen most of their contemporary same tier tanks fro ANY DIRECTION!

penned by everyone from the front, back sides, and even takes damage from any bird crapping on it!

Calibrated shells - never, no use at all, not even worth wasting time choosing and having on this tank. if WG want to make this tank competitive for most of us is to either NERF EVERY other tank on the tier, or make sure it only sees -1 MM

llo1 #54 Posted 08 December 2017 - 07:53 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 25339 battles
  • [1RTR]

View PostMaXSty1er, on 06 December 2017 - 11:05 AM, said:

Hi everyone,

Here is some information for you about balance.

Some changes we are planning in the nearest updates:

• I guess one of the most nice: re-balance Т110Е5. The most interesting is commander's turret changes. Now it will be similar to М48 Patton commander's turret.
  • We are going to make some improvements of tier 8 premium tank Lowe. No detailed information for now.
  • We are going to improve Indien-Panzer as well. Likely we will make the gun more comfortable.
  • We continue improvements of tier 6 TDs (ARL V39, Jackson, Churchill GC).
  • Pz.Sfl.IV is going to be more comfortable.

Maybe I'll be able to share some other changes soon, so stay tuned.

What other tanks do you think need improvements? Let's discuss!

FIX THE WG SERVER LAG, this will enable a more level playing field and do more that ANY of your Usless balancing in one single stroke!

StrikeFIN #55 Posted 08 December 2017 - 09:11 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 8393 battles

View PostLoadAimFireRun, on 07 December 2017 - 04:01 PM, said:

The Jackson and CGC are already OP as they are. But what about the T28 ? Maybe increase the top speed , view range and traverse so you have fighting chance. Or maybe give it a nice 640 alpha damage gun instead of a potatoe shooter (which has a nice reload, I will admin to that).

Jackson and CGC OP, nope. Buff for T28, nope.

Graf_von_Blankenstein #56 Posted 08 December 2017 - 09:48 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 32723 battles
  • [VG]

buff the glacials ap pen. i dont own this tank. but since this tank is in the game, i received not one ap penetration

t28 and t95 need some mobility improvements

amx cdc needs 60 kmh max speed

ferdinand needs a reload buff. seriously. theres no point in playing this casemate, although it is nice td.

pershing needs dispersion buff

And I need my type 59 back, ticket is still not thru

Skorpion G in Blitz?

Rajkumar_ukkuturi #57 Posted 08 December 2017 - 10:03 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 4043 battles
  • [106]
add kv4,sp1c,chiri to your list.

KAS_118 #58 Posted 08 December 2017 - 11:08 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 37873 battles
  • [VG]

View PostCalisota, on 07 December 2017 - 04:07 PM, said:

It used to have the same pen as the T14 and Matilda IV - however, when AP was given a buff a few updates ago the Excelsior missed out - so yes it should get a pen buff 

KAS_118 #59 Posted 08 December 2017 - 11:17 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 37873 battles
  • [VG]

View PostCalisota, on 07 December 2017 - 01:18 PM, said:

Same as FV4202 - It's not a damm russian medium or Conqueror; Play it wisely and u get amazing results. The tank is pretty okay but the users dont know how to play it. I mean when u say the FV4202 needs more armor, then first get the Leopard 1 some armor - the FV4202 has not bad chances to bounce while Leo is like running in a chicken from a Shotgun with 000 Buckshot. :deer:

If you can't spot or use basic guerilla tactics, then just don't drive tanks that are made specific for that role.:sceptic:

Thanks for the insight - always good to hear the opinions of someone who doesn't own the tank :medal:

Maybe the Leopard does need a buff (or the Russian Mediums need a nerf) but I'll let those who own that tank put the case forward for it.

But as others have informed you - the recent nerf to the FV4202 has been way to extreme 

Edited by KAS_118, 08 December 2017 - 12:03 PM.

Titus_Scato #60 Posted 08 December 2017 - 11:48 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 39160 battles
  • [1RTR]

View PostKAS_118, on 08 December 2017 - 11:08 AM, said:

It used to have the same pen as the T14 and Matilda IV - however, when AP was given a buff a few updates ago the Excelsior missed out - so yes it should get a pen buff 

Yes, the T14 has the US 75mm Gun M3, used by the M3 Lee and M4, that was buffed to 106mm AP pen.  But the British equivalent of that gun, the 75mm Gun Mark V, used on the Churchill I, and on the Churchill VII, was not buffed and still has only 91mm pen.  Even though historically they were in fact the exact same gun!  Really, the 75mm Gun Mark V should not exist at all, and the Churchills should use the US weapon instead.

Funnily enough, the new Sherman V uses the US 75mm gun, not the British one.

Edited by Titus_Scato, 08 December 2017 - 11:49 AM.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users