Playing on laptop?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

SoleTrader #1 Posted 19 December 2017 - 01:35 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 13252 battles
  • [FTC-1]

Currently using the laptop with the number keys and mouse pad as controls which can be a pita at times with keys jamming and trying to scroll and turn isn't great! So what is the best setup for playing, I've tried a control pad (ps looky likey) but it's to slow and I can't seem to find the settings for this. 

I know wrong section! But unable to move..

Edited by SoleTrader, 19 December 2017 - 01:41 AM.

Khaled125 #2 Posted 18 January 2018 - 08:25 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 12754 battles
  • [VX]
I have my aim button as my right mouse button if that helps :P you need a mouse by the way, do not play on the [edited]laptop pad, other than that just wasd keys to move and left click to fire! good luck!

Mjr_Eazy #3 Posted 18 January 2018 - 08:45 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 26998 battles
  • [BT_SV]
You defo need a mouse, it’s so much easier!

547146227.png

Ashley_bukiash69 #4 Posted 18 January 2018 - 11:01 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 5811 battles
  • [11KCR]
Mouse is for weak! Use buttons for aimimg :D
But seriously. I`ve just tried to do it now... GOD in heaven! Get a mouse man!

.:: LIKE WoT BLITZ? COME AND SEE ME ON YOUTUBE ::.
https://www.youtube....p8eu3mwN7W2BBbw

MarsIsBrightTonight #5 Posted 18 January 2018 - 04:31 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 28560 battles
  • [OBB]

View PostSoleTrader, on 19 December 2017 - 01:35 AM, said:

Currently using the laptop with the number keys and mouse pad as controls which can be a pita at times with keys jamming and trying to scroll and turn isn't great! So what is the best setup for playing, I've tried a control pad (ps looky likey) but it's to slow and I can't seem to find the settings for this. 

I know wrong section! But unable to move..

First of all, whether you're using your laptop for playing or working or surfing for p*rn, get a) a mouse, b) a keyboard, c) a stand.

A laptop is a compromise between many requirements and as a result it's an ergonomical nightmare. If you can type comfortably your neck is strained, if you can read comfortably your wrists are strained. So make good use of those USB ports.

What's good for you is something like this:

A dedicated stand might be overkill, you can do with stacked books, just as long as the upper edge of the screen is level with your eyes.

If you're an avid gamer look into mechanical keyboards, they're better.*

My setup is centered around the arrow keys with consumables and ammo selection above, sniper toggle key on the left, clip reload on the right (on Numpad).

But since you can set up the keys manually, sky is the limit. Pick anything that makes you comfortable, because carpal tunnel is a female canine.

EDIT: *and don't trust wireless hardware. I've already smashed two Logitech keyboards because they would freeze mid-game. I blamed WG, then found out it was a known issue. Pity, Logitech used to be good.

Now I have a dirt cheap Aukey which works like a charm.

Edited by MarsIsBrightTonight, 18 January 2018 - 04:38 PM.

"Gambling: The sure way of getting nothing for something." (Wilson Mizner, US playwriter, 1876-1933)

Chairman_merpug #6 Posted 18 January 2018 - 06:04 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 45143 battles
  • [AFK]
Unless you need to use it on the move a lot, don't get a laptop. Crippled processor and poor graphics, plus other things to make the battery last longer. You can build a PC for a lot less.

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

Mjr_Eazy #7 Posted 18 January 2018 - 06:52 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 26998 battles
  • [BT_SV]

View Postmrpgilbert, on 18 January 2018 - 06:04 PM, said:

Unless you need to use it on the move a lot, don't get a laptop. Crippled processor and poor graphics, plus other things to make the battery last longer. You can build a PC for a lot less.

True and that’s why I have same control mode turned on...

Its hard enough on the phone without seal clubbing pc users with their ultra hd mice playing against my thumbs that are half the size of the screen!

Buy a Mac Pro laptop if you must have a lappy and ideally a tenk for 300-400 quid for unicum gold noob status..:

I’m only half way there and don’t have a super expensive tenk ;)

547146227.png

Khaled125 #8 Posted 18 January 2018 - 10:03 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 12754 battles
  • [VX]

View PostMjr_Eazy, on 18 January 2018 - 08:52 PM, said:

Its hard enough on the phone without seal clubbing pc users with their ultra hd mice playing against my thumbs that are half the size of the screen!

i loled

yea playing on a phone is awful, laptop is fine, who cares about health and wrest anyway, just get a mouse for the love of jezaz.

and yes, PCs are superior to laptops for the same price PC MASTA RACE

Good night loves ;P

Mjr_Eazy #9 Posted 19 January 2018 - 12:41 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 26998 battles
  • [BT_SV]

View PostKhaled125, on 18 January 2018 - 10:03 PM, said:

i loled

yea playing on a phone is awful, laptop is fine, who cares about health and wrest anyway, just get a mouse for the love of jezaz.

and yes, PCs are superior to laptops for the same price PC MASTA RACE

Good night loves ;P

Maybe but for much more money I can have a shiny Apple laptop, and it's much better it has an Apple on it that lights up!  PC users I hatesem, hatesem my precious Macbook pro :)  Good Night...

547146227.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users