What is the point of a Forum and Moderators?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

VonPottypoop #1 Posted 28 December 2017 - 12:56 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 16616 battles
  • [FTC-1]

I always was under the impression that the idea of Wargaming Blitz forums was to be able to voice your opinion, others then voice their opinion and if the community as a whole felt strongly about it you would get some form of interaction with Wargaming mods. Now since the 3.8 disaster I have seen numerous people ask mods questions on very significant concerns to see all subjects get stonewalled by Wargaming mods. 

Even when CC,s are involved there isn’t even a reply from Wargaming so my question is why bother with a forum which is your greatest source of info from the Blitz community if you aren’t willing to give a small amount of interaction as opposed to just giving us notifications?

​Very proud leader of the Fun-Tan-Clan 

Chairman_merpug #2 Posted 28 December 2017 - 01:53 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 35878 battles
  • [AFK]

It were ever thus. Once upon a time, BBV would descend and close a thread if it was in breach of the forum rules, but that was about all the mod interaction we ever got. But then they reorganised, and binned all the staff, and we got Sael_ for a brief while, and then she went and we now have a couple of devs who pass by occasionally and the sudden appearance of something called Ribblestripe, who hasn't had the manners to introduce him or herself. But there's never been that much interaction between WG and the forum. 

I think they send people here from the Fair Portal because it's less public than the FB page.

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

Mjr_Eazy #3 Posted 28 December 2017 - 01:54 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 19760 battles
  • [BT_SV]

Here, here!  Either it’s a community thing and no involvement / moderation by the company or its meant to be interactive and include the company.  WG you need to make your mind up as currently it’s neither thing and just another source of frustration for the community.

For the love of tanks, take it seriously.  How about a q & a topic where for a few hours you have someone from customer services online to explain themselves and listen to the community.  If you’re concerned about it not being constructive because of the pigs ear you’ve made of it so far then how about only allow CC’s to post questions?  Other players can pose questions to them, so we exercise a form of self moderation?

I fully expect no response and the usual radio silence...

He who stops being better stops being good.  Oliver Cromwell I was soundly beaten, and i am the better for it.  Monty

I keep getting beaten but getting better so its all good man :harp:. Major Eazy

VonPottypoop #4 Posted 28 December 2017 - 02:02 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 16616 battles
  • [FTC-1]

View Postmrpgilbert, on 28 December 2017 - 01:53 PM, said:

It were ever thus. Once upon a time, BBV would descend and close a thread if it was in breach of the forum rules, but that was about all the mod interaction we ever got. But then they reorganised, and binned all the staff, and we got Sael_ for a brief while, and then she went and we now have a couple of devs who pass by occasionally and the sudden appearance of something called Ribblestripe, who hasn't had the manners to introduce him or herself. But there's never been that much interaction between WG and the forum. 

I think they send people here from the Fair Portal because it's less public than the FB page.

As I remember Sael was only around for about 6 months but I think 3.8 saw her off.

Ellistiger #5 Posted 28 December 2017 - 02:39 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 31820 battles
  • [AFK]

Sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

can you here the white noise ? 

Sorry but WG don’t give a damn .in the last 12 months is all been about the money .

WG have had years to set up proper interaction and haven’t bothered . It’s got worse not better because WG have worked out 

that the devs can only do 3 things 

1. Tell us the truth about the games direction ( which we can guess and don’t like) WG PR disaster ! 

2. Tell us a pack of lies . WG PR disaster with financial implications .

3. Tell us nothing . (Upset the forum but not the mass player base ) 

so why bother with the devs if they have no earning potential for WG ? 

So which option do you think they chose ? 

AFK   And proud of it ! 

PrinzofHentai #6 Posted 28 December 2017 - 03:15 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 6144 battles
  • [NTD01]

Mod's drop by on random days so expect nothing.

Mods are active on here when they drop news of events or updates. 

Mods come when there is forum drama to delete it.  

But at least we can make friends on the forums right?

Wondered why the forums felt a little empty...  

"You see good and evil through a child's eyes, good and evil are not constant they are defined by those who have powers" - Black Adam Injustice 2.   
Survived one year of Blitz. 

VonPottypoop #7 Posted 28 December 2017 - 03:53 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 16616 battles
  • [FTC-1]

View PostPrinzofHentai, on 28 December 2017 - 03:15 PM, said:

Mod's drop by on random days so expect nothing.

Mods are active on here when they drop news of events or updates. 

Mods come when there is forum drama to delete it.  

But at least we can make friends on the forums right?

Wondered why the forums felt a little empty...  

Very true, I have made a few good friends on here.

Bada__Bing #8 Posted 28 December 2017 - 07:08 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 8166 battles
  • [B-B-B]

View PostVonPottypoop, on 28 December 2017 - 02:02 PM, said:

As I remember Sael was only around for about 6 months but I think 3.8 saw her off.

Maybe it was too much hassle to get the spare parts for her 3 tanks ?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users