IrmaBecx #1 Posted 05 January 2018 - 02:04 AM

First Sergeant

• Community Contributor
  • 21846 battles
  • [IRMA]

The Black Dog

By:

IrmaBecx

So I got the leKpz M41 90 as a gift over the holidays, which made me really happy because it fits perfectly with my plan to drive more unarmured tanks this year. I am running without a Premium account since what feels like a long time; only using the free premium certificates I get from boxes sometimes, and usually I grind my credits with either the Panther/M10 or the Hype 59. I have the Löwe, Jagdtiger 88/105, SuperPershing and a few others, but I don’t drive them all that much. Or I don’t drive them for credits, I drive them because they don’t lose credits.

It’s not a big issue. I have more than 10 million credits stashed away so I can buy a tier X tank and kit it out if I want, and so I can drive any tank I want, with any loadout I want and not worry about the bills. But driving the Leopards and the Ru 251 almost exclusively gets expensive. If you fire a few HEAT rounds and get your tank smashed, you can easily lose 20, 30, or 40.000 credits in a single game.

I’ve blown like a million on the Leo 1 already, and although I still have a nice buffer, I started feeling like maybe I should drive something else. Not super keen on the Hype or FCM, I started eyeing the brand new black Bulldog in the back of my garage, in the process of being kitted out with a turbocharger. They tell me it’ll be done tomorrow. I’ll believe it when I see it.

If you bought your leKpz M41 90 in a bundle, it will have had six equipment slots unlocked, but no such luck for me. I first spent three days waiting for the tier I equipment, because obviously I won’t drive it without that. But the plan is to drive it with the improved controls only, just like my Ru 251.

I figured I could either wait two more days for the added traverse, or I could just press the shiny button and go for it. So I did.

Posted Image

Fancy Cruel Twist camo

Bulldog Basics

Coming from the Ru 251 most recently, the Bulldog isn’t as mobile. Or at least it doesn’t feel as mobile. That’s not surprising since my Ru has a turbo already, but I still feel like the Ru 251 kind of flows over the ground better than the M41 90 does. It’s also smaller, flatter, and harder to hit. And it’s faster flat out, of course.

I never really liked the 90 mm “Rheinmetall” on the Ru. They say it’s a Rheinmetall, but it’s really just the same old Mecar you get on the SP I C, and I always thought it was super sketchy. The only reason my Ru doesn’t have Vstabs yet is because spare parts are hard to come by, I used to run rammer, optics and VStab on it back in the day.

The M41 90 mm gun is actually a bored out and shortened American 76 mm, the same gun as on the regualr tier VII Bulldog, and interestingly it has the highest alpha damage of any 90 mm gun in the game. It’s just as sketchy as the Rheinmetall/Mecar though; I miss, bounce and donk shots all the time. Still, the higher alpha is a bit more comfortable to work with; especially if you can get a clean HE hit.

And yeah, the armour is pretty useless. It’s mostly to have something to hold up the paintjob, which I have to confess is really growing on me. I run it to save some credits, but I’m going to keep on running it because I think it looks really good. I think maybe running a regular camo would get me focused less, but “style over substance”, I always say.

Other than that, it’s just a regular Light tank; not too different from others in the game. Except it’s a Premium.

That’s what first caught my interest, actually. I would love to have a tier VIII Light tank credit grinder so I could practive my Yoloing and still make a little credits on the side. But as it was, I couldn’t really justify the expense when it finally dropped in Blitz, and anyway I think the Ru is the better tank. Not by much, but still. And you can’t really fault a tank for not being as fast as the fastest tank in the game, can you?

The Rationale

So any free tank is of course a good tank, but would I recommend this tank as a purchase?

Maybe. First of all, it’s a tier VIII Light tank, and has what you call a higher skill threshold than other tanks. It’s not a very user friendly tank, and I had a hard time the first few dozen games.

If all you are looking for is a high tier Light tank, then I think grinding either the Ru 251 or the T-54 Lightweight is a much better option. Both will eat the Bulldog for breakfast given half a chance. Lightweight has armour, and Ru drives faster, shoots faster and has more gun depression.

Yes. I know they say the Bulldog has eight degrees versus five which looks better on paper, but the Ru has ten degrees over the sides, and as angling your armour is meaningless in a Light tank, it’s just a slight adjustment to your positioning that is needed.

If, on the other hand you like driving your Ru or T-54 Lightweight already and don’t want to switch to a Medium or a Heavy tank to grind credits for them, then I think the Bulldog could be a good option. It’s a little too expensive for a toy; but if you think you’ll get some mileage out of it, it might perhaps be worth the expense.

And it was expensive. Hopefully, future bundles will be less expensive than the last one was. Either way, buying a tank like this is in itself an extravagance, and I think you should be clear about that when you consider getting one.

Posted Image

The Drive

Let me first say the German Bulldog can rake in the credits. I don’t always notice that on the press account, but on my own account I take note. I dropped an hour of Premium; that usually gets me a dozen games or so, and I cleared half a million. Then I played more casual the rest of the day, cleared my missions and made 600K more, I have to say that’s very decent considering I’ve not been playing all that well.

You can totally lose credits in the M41 90, though. I run the “Full race loadout”, double repairs and adrenaline, double rations and super octane fuel. Thats 22.000 credits every game if you blow all three consumables. Add camo and you’re talking almost 25.000 credits you need to make before you start earning anything, but overall I’ve been making steady income.

Ammo loadout is 27 AP, 7 HEAT 11 HE; I get more mileage out of my HE than the expensive HEAT, and I can’t trade shots frontally anyway.

I can’t wait to get the improved controls, and really this tank should have eight slots unlocked. I may have to put it on the short list, but I want to drive it against the Ru a while first and see how they compare.

So what’s it like out in the field? Well, it’s not a Spähpanzer. Eight degrees of depression is Medium tank numbers, and I sometimes have trouble pointing the gun down off a ridge. Also it’s almost half again as tall as the Ru, so peeking around cover rather than over it may be preferrable to silhouetting yourself against the sky anyway.

The mobility I can’t really judge yet. The tanks don’t have the same equipment. I will say I had the same experience I had when I did the T-54 Lightweight; it takes a while before you are able to utilise the true speed and manouverability of a tank because you have to get used to the way it moves first. I’ve started powersliding now, so on the right track there.

The gun like I said is sketchy. That’s partly down to a noob and sketchy driver, but you should expect to bounce and miss a fair amount of shots. It’s better to try again than taking a hit, so a bit down to playstyle also. The HE rounds have 112 mm of penetration if you run calibrated shells, but I am going with the rammer instead. They’re kind of a gamble anyway, and I’ve lost out on quite a bit of damage with them. In a tight spot, don’t count on the extra damage to win the day unless you are betting it all on a single shot; it’s not uncommon to do under 100 damage on a bad hit.

In the right situation however, the HE shells are a potent weapon. If you have a split second to aim, it can totally be worth switching. If you can land one on an inattentive target, it may be worth it to go for another, unless your target has less hitpoints than your standard AP round. In such case, go for the reliable damage to “secure” the kill as they say.

The Feeling

So it’s not quite as good as the Speedpanzer, needs a bit of skill, but makes good credits if you let it. That’s about all I’ve got after maybe 80 games with stage I equipment.

But I can also tell you I like it. I didn’t go for the regular Bulldog or the T49 because I felt they were just too, well, plain and ordinary, and I was afraid the Black Bulldog would be the same. It’s not. It’s frustrating at times, it can be a total pushover, or it can be magnificent; weaving through the enemy team like its tail was on fire snapping shots left and right and getting away clean.

I know that looks spectacular from the sidelines, but it’s really just a combination of panic and luck most of the time.

I’m sure I’m going to swear at it quite a bit, but I’m also sure I’m going to drive it quite a bit, because it’s fun, it’s challenging, and it’s engaging. Basically, I like it for the exact opposite reason I love my Hype 59 so much: It’s not super accessible, it’s not laid back and easy to drive, and it’s not dependable the way the Hype is.

That may not sound like a fantastic sales pitch: “Black Bulldog - It’s NOT the Hype 59!”, but I think it’s a pretty fair description all the same. If you want a tier VIII credit grinder, there are both better and cheaper alternatives out there. If you want a tier VIII Light tank, there are also better and cheaper alternatives out there. But if you want something else, you may well want to take a closer look at the M41 90 next time you get the chance, because for what it is, it totally works.

It’s a likeable tank. I like to drive it. The more I drive it, the more I like it. So if you are thinking you may want to grind credits at a faster pace than you are used to, IrmaBecx says I’ll let you know how we get on over the next few hundred games.

TLDR

The Ru 251 is better. The Bulldog makes more credits. If you are in the market for a Light tank credit grinder or an expensive toy, you may want to look into it. Otherwise just get the Spähpanzer.

https://twitter.com/IrmaBecx

Wat? OMG! IrmaDrivesTanks on Youtube!

The IrmaBecx School of Tank Philosophy

"Allez, bande de singes! Vous voulez vivre pour l'éternité?" - Ferdinand Foch, 8 Sep. 1914

C_Me_Rowlling #2 Posted 05 January 2018 - 02:35 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 11771 battles
  • [TAC]

I has the regular bulldog on my asia account and I must say it was a tough stock drive-' up until the last gun.. T37 does wonders with it's autoloader but for the bulldog, the pop up-shoot-retreat slightly works better..  

I remember doing a yolo spotting round every game on vineyards thanks to all the dips and valleys..run straight to the B spot and hide behind the cap circle ridge with Tds sniping whatever I light up..

Ze American Bulldog grew on me since the rage post I made so Gl with it's cousin the Blackdog!

soulinthemachine #3 Posted 05 January 2018 - 09:21 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 35630 battles
  • [TENC]
Those timers- it’s like Father Dougal in the cockpit of the plane - don’t press the shiny button.:facepalm:

IrmaBecx #4 Posted 05 January 2018 - 10:39 AM

First Sergeant

• Community Contributor
  • 21846 battles
  • [IRMA]

View Postsoulinthemachine, on 05 January 2018 - 11:21 AM, said:

Those timers- it’s like Father Dougal in the cockpit of the plane - don’t press the shiny button.:facepalm:

What a great comparison! Big fan of Graham Linehan. :)

"Allez, bande de singes! Vous voulez vivre pour l'éternité?" - Ferdinand Foch, 8 Sep. 1914

minitelrose #5 Posted 05 January 2018 - 10:45 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 58466 battles
  • [AFK]

I like mine a lot, the only bad part, and it’s the same I have with most American metal, is that it’s a tall tank. It abused me a few times, and when u get shot at, flatter is better.

ill come back later for further commments.

Read my guides there

"I want the game to be just how it was launched, no MM limitations for platoons, some unbalanced match once in a while, and friendly fire should come back as well. The only thing they should remove is statistics." -phony1907, 08 July 2016, 05:45pm - 

I want just that, and replay files.

minitelrose #6 Posted 05 January 2018 - 11:20 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 58466 battles
  • [AFK]

Purchase.

to me the purchase was a no brainer.

• Light tank gameplay.
  • making credits 
  • strong HE.
  • tier8

Leaves zero comparable options

the price, I think the non bundled was reasonably priced, not more than other same tier tanks.

the bundled had a camo, some gold, and three rows of spare parts, and was also priced at the exact value of these. 

But if you consider that you can get some camo for credits (even permanent camo right now), and that some day you will have the spare parts (I do have millions of them already), it left the gold which suddenly was over priced compared with the small god lump that u can get any day in the store. 

What turned me off from the bundle for good was the legendary camo, which I found not worth it. First of all the paint job is the typical dark and  burnt out theme, like IS5, like Fv183, like IS7, like, oh almost all of legendary camos. And second part the horrible name change from the amazing Lekpz M41 blackdog into the mediocre twist.

I couldn’t decide on paying real money for that. 

Read my guides there

"I want the game to be just how it was launched, no MM limitations for platoons, some unbalanced match once in a while, and friendly fire should come back as well. The only thing they should remove is statistics." -phony1907, 08 July 2016, 05:45pm - 

Psychovadge #7 Posted 05 January 2018 - 11:32 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 35194 battles
  • [VG]

View Postminitelrose, on 05 January 2018 - 11:20 AM, said:

Purchase.

to me the purchase was a no brainer.

• Light tank gameplay.
  • making credits 
  • strong HE.
  • tier8

Leaves zero comparable options

the price, I think the non bundled was reasonably priced, not more than other same tier tanks.

the bundled had a camo, some gold, and three rows of spare parts, and was also priced at the exact value of these. 

But if you consider that you can get some camo for credits (even permanent camo right now), and that some day you will have the spare parts (I do have millions of them already), it left the gold which suddenly was over priced compared with the small god lump that u can get any day in the store. 

What turned me off from the bundle for good was the legendary camo, which I found not worth it. First of all the paint job is the typical dark and  burnt out theme, like IS5, like Fv183, like IS7, like, oh almost all of legendary camos. And second part the horrible name change from the amazing Lekpz M41 blackdog into the mediocre twist.

I couldn’t decide on paying real money for that. 

Exactly what I did...stupid camo not worth it, but tank is fantastic. I’d disagree that the RU is better like Irma says....but the stats agree with him....but the feel of the tank, I guess the soft/hidden stats are better imho. I think it’s stunningly good and rolling high pen HE rounds never gets old :)

Edited by Psychovadge, 05 January 2018 - 11:33 AM.

soulinthemachine #8 Posted 05 January 2018 - 12:04 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 35630 battles
  • [TENC]

I agree with Minitel and Psycho (lol not something you get to say every day). I bought the bundle without camo. I think it’s really a fun tank to play and after spending so many games going back to tier 8 heavies(,t34,is6,defender) it is a breath of fresh air to stop the grind and replenish your coffers with the black dog. 

Side fact - black dog is the term Winston Churchill gave to his depressive side. Fitting the tank should be a  light fun one to cheer you up. 

Neaul #9 Posted 05 January 2018 - 12:18 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 20116 battles
  • [GARK]

Irma nice review.

Blackdog > Ru 251 for me.

Ru is faster straight line while M41 turns faster, so it retains speed while turning much better.

minitelrose #10 Posted 05 January 2018 - 12:32 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 58466 battles
  • [AFK]

gameplay

I find it very satisfying, the reason to not play light tanks all day at upper tier is obviously the credit suicide situation. It hurts. Now that this is taken care of, the gameplay is unlimited and fills the creditline, let’s talk about gameplay.

Im not going to explain much about the drive, it’s very mobile, it’s the typical American light tank, it has M41 and T49 comparable tech tree equivalents. So the only specific thing is the gun. 

GUN HANDLING 

i don’t agree with Irma about the gun handling. It’s not spectacular (like a leopard which hits across the map while driving), but it’s not bad enough that I have to notice. (like the AMX13 line which only lands one shot per clip ). As a light tank, you need to run often, and as Irma said, better try shooting again than take a hit.  It is a very fast tanks, so aiming while driving is a skill, leading ur speed, enemy speed,  and taking account the next bump that will send ur shot off is terribly tricky. but any other shot will land exactly where you want it. the long range sniping maybe give some issue, if red tanks decide to move a lot. 

Take note that I have both equipments, GLD and VSTABS opened.

AP

Both shell speed and penetration are acceptable, it pens when you expect it to pen. And it has brilliant alpha. I love it. 

HE

the HE of course is the cherry on top. Penetration is brilliant, and I load as many as 12, haven’t run out of them with only 10. It saves money, and rolling -380 in the back of an IS-3 plus the expected fires and module damage is fantastic. Blowing the sides and rear of many tier9 for over 300 damage is so exciting. Oh, and if you can aim through the tracks, you can go through most Russian sides. t54 and IS3 getting blown is fantastic. The only issue is the IS-6 with side skirts and complex rear. I’ll study more and report here when I found the best way.

Of course I expect some splash damage only, a couple of times per game, but that’s still worth it IMO, and not to be feared more than a ricochet if you were driving any other tank. Plus it is still some damage.

*edit, went to armor inspector and from the side, there is only a tiny gap front and back to shoot inside the tracks well, it’s not much useable in game. The only reliable HE spot Is the lowere rear plate unless you are considerably higher  the IS-6 to shoot the rear upper plate or the engine deck., it’s much less than most other tanks. 

HEAT

ok I don’t like heat. The good part is that I don’t use any on most game. No need. However sometimes u have a lack of tier 9 heavies pushing on your team and you are in a remote sniper position, so you can’t choose your angle very much, and that’s where yui will hate the HEAT ammo. u can’t really aim at proper places, you just spraying credits at enemies, and in my experience most of your heat will land at the wrong angles, will hit tracks, will meet Russian spaced armor, will meet the ill fate some way or another. One of them will pen, and it will do a reduced damage like under 200 and you will have a wet eye. 

So once in ten games you will need to blow a few heat ammo and they don’t help much. You will be like me and hate ur day. 

The good part is even with that, the next game will give you more credits than was lost and you will move on.

Edited by minitelrose, 05 January 2018 - 12:36 PM.

Read my guides there

minitelrose #11 Posted 05 January 2018 - 03:03 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 58466 battles
  • [AFK]

Oh, and I forgot something slightly annoying, it’s the slightly slow turret. If you drive by and don’t turn the turret before, you might pass target too fast to aim. Often times I find myself needing to adjust a posteriori, either stopping to give the turret sometime, either veering off course to help my turret catch up onto target, and in both case I can’t keep the course of my tank. In case the situation is tight, you are better just giving  up on that shot.

Read my guides there

PrinzofHentai #12 Posted 05 January 2018 - 09:12 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 5872 battles
  • [NTD01]
So if that's the Black dog then what is the non camo version called? Grey Dog or Leaky the German Bulldog Leaky dog for short?  

"You see good and evil through a child's eyes, good and evil are not constant they are defined by those who have powers" - Black Adam Injustice 2.   
Survived one year of Blitz. 

IrmaBecx #13 Posted 05 January 2018 - 11:15 PM

First Sergeant

• Community Contributor
  • 21846 battles
  • [IRMA]

First of all, thank you everyone for your insightful comments.

I completely agree about the camo, I would not have chosen to get it. I don’ really care about the Twister cup anyway. Sooner or later they will release a good Premium camo, and so I would have waited for that. I would of course preferred to have gotten six equipment slots instead, but I was not brought up as badly as to look a gift horse in the mouth. Since it’s free, I figured why not run it anyway, and I will say It has grown on me. I like it the same way I like the Dracula; it’s so bad it’s good, and as gaudy camos go, it’s almost understated. The tank is such a griefer anyway, you either lose or win spectacularly, I kind of like looking it wearing the stupid black paintjob. It’s like a win-win situation; if they bomb me, It’s fair. I was taunting them. If I bomb them, they got beat by a dam Cruel Twist-wearing gold noob.

But yea. It is gaudy, it gets you focused, silhouettes you better and just basically makes you stick out more on your team, which is exactly what you don’t want in a high tier Light tank.

BTW, does anyone want to put together an all-Cruel Twist team for the tier VIII off-season Tournament this weekend? I’m totally up for that! XD

So is the Ru really better? I did say mine were differently equipped, and the Black Dog is fantastically agile now I got the turbo on it. I kept up with an Ru to the cap this morning, so yeah; the difference isn’t great. I’m going to do my speed test today, I’ll let you guys know. Anyway, I brawled quite a few Spähpanzers over the last 100 games, and in that situation I’ve not been very successful so far. Like Minitel notes, thr Black Bulldog a bigger target, and it’s hard to make use of your strengths to full effect. This is why I run rammer and not calibrated shells, the HEP isn’t reliable against the small and agile Ru.

That said, the black dog is a bit more comfortable to drive now that I have max traverse, and I can turn it around 90 degrees on a dime at speed with the drifting. In the same situation; firing an aimed shot at an unsuspecting enemy and then resetting camo before doing it again, the higher alpha and HE penetration is going to do the same job better. More comfortable. I maintain the Ru has a higher ceiling than the M41. 90 does, and it’s superiour to the Dog in the same way the Obj 140 is superior to the T-62 A.

If you don’t believe that, there’s no point arguing. The superiority of the T-62 A to the Object 140 is static. Momentary. What we call a ”one trick pony”. The Obj 140s superiority to the T-62 A is fluid and situational. It will put your thought into action a fraction of a second faster than the Brute from the Steppes, and there will be more situations you can exploit. Your best game ever, where you pushed yourself to the limit and came out on top is going to be in the Obj 140, not the T-62 A.

It’s not a huge difference. I invite you to compare my stats in the Hype 59 to those in my T-54 Lightweigh; both of which are different interpretations of a tier VIII T-54. I think you will find the Hype, being more comfortable, performs better on average. I’ve also driven it a lot more, because it makes mad credits. The Lightweight I used to grind the T-54, which made the stats suffer in the same way the Leopard PTA grind made the Ru stats suffer. But I’m sure you believe I’ve had the most fantastic lucky escapes and epic wins in the T-54 Lightweight. I wrote about my love for both the Sports Prototype and the Daily Driver very recently, and I think you’ll agree they are very different:

http://forum.wotblitz.eu/index.php?/topic/46813-original-hype-considering-the-type-59-by-irmabecx/

http://forum.wotblitz.eu/index.php?/topic/46950-sunday-driver-by-irmabecx/

What I tried to do is give people the most honest account of what it’s like owning the Black Bulldog; what it does, and what it doesn’t do, and why you might want to actually drive one, which is the same objective I had when I wrote about why I’ve driven five hundred games in the Hype. Is it good people ask? Yes. It’s fantastic. But in a very specific way, and if you don’t appreciate that, I will try to tell you in exactly what way you are going to get disappointed.

What disappoints me about the leKpz M41 90 mm ”Cruel Twist” is when RNG goes against me. That is literally the only thing. But when I say that, I say it from a position where I have practically nothing to lose and everything to win, and what I want to do is make clear exactly what my expectations are against which I make that claim. I don’ think I can be more honest than that.

So yeah. The Black Bulldog: it’s not the Type 59. That may be a reason for you to drive one, because it is for me. And I see other people have had the same experience; again thank you all for posting. The above is actually my third or fourth attempt at writing about the Black Bulldog, and the title is not unintentional. The one before this one was actually a paper on the Black Bulldog as a kind of cure for in-game depression, I’ll post it if you like.

Edited by IrmaBecx, 05 January 2018 - 11:19 PM.

IrmaBecx #14 Posted 05 January 2018 - 11:21 PM

First Sergeant

• Community Contributor
  • 21846 battles
  • [IRMA]

View PostPrinzofHentai, on 05 January 2018 - 11:12 PM, said:

So if that's the Black dog then what is the non camo version called? Grey Dog or Leaky the German Bulldog Leaky dog for short?  

I started swearing at mine today, so it’s the ******* Bulldog piece of crapat the moment. 

minitelrose #15 Posted 05 January 2018 - 11:46 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 58466 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostPrinzofHentai, on 05 January 2018 - 10:12 PM, said:

if the camo name had been black dog then maybe I would have considered the camo version. But the naked name is LeKpzw M41 90mm and the camoed name is twitchy thing. Me no pay for such name. LeKpzw M41 90mm is the better name.

Read my guides there

IrmaBecx #16 Posted 05 January 2018 - 11:51 PM

First Sergeant

• Community Contributor
  • 21846 battles
  • [IRMA]

View Postminitelrose, on 06 January 2018 - 01:46 AM, said:

if the camo name had been black dog then maybe I would have considered the camo version. But the naked name is LeKpzw M41 90mm and the camoed name is twitchy thing. Me no pay for such name. LeKpzw M41 90mm is the better name.

Quite. And not running fancy stuff as I said is always the best bet, because you want to be covert.

minitelrose #17 Posted 05 January 2018 - 11:54 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 58466 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostIrmaBecx, on 06 January 2018 - 12:15 AM, said:

[why did I quote such a long message it’s a pain to edit out for the sake of the reader but yeah, nice post]

Well about the camo I think I do see a lot of them camoed, more so than the naked ones. 

Finally im really glad I did because right after came those permanent camo for credit which the broken iced one really suits a German tank really well. And came that second one the ©rusty camo for good which I bought and which looks totally amazing. Well, it’s the only amazing camo they sell so I put it a bit everywhere I wanted to spend some gold, trying to limit myepself so as to not ruin the effect.

But yeah, so final word my lekpzw m41 runs the rusty camo and the shattered Ice so I don’t get tired of either one.

Read my guides there

IrmaBecx #18 Posted 06 January 2018 - 12:09 AM

First Sergeant

• Community Contributor
  • 21846 battles
  • [IRMA]

View Postminitelrose, on 06 January 2018 - 01:54 AM, said:

Well about the camo I think I do see a lot of them camoed, more so than the naked ones. 

Finally im really glad I did because right after came those permanent camo for credit which the broken iced one really suits a German tank really well. And came that second one the ©rusty camo for good which I bought and which looks totally amazing. Well, it’s the only amazing camo they sell so I put it a bit everywhere I wanted to spend some gold, trying to limit myepself so as to not ruin the effect.

But yeah, so final word my lekpzw m41 runs the rusty camo and the shattered Ice so I don’t get tired of either one.

Well, OK, but you can still join the all Cruel Twist Off Brand Off Season Tournament Team if you like. That would definitely answer the question whether the M41 90mm name tag gets you less focused than the Cruel Twist, and yea I already said I think it does.

:)

Edited by IrmaBecx, 06 January 2018 - 12:10 AM.

superschnitzelkoenig #19 Posted 06 January 2018 - 10:31 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 44065 battles
  • [RA1D]
I think what is worth noticing when comparing the LeKpz and the Ru is that the difference in HEP Alpha is much larger than in AP Alpha (AP: 15 hp difference, HEP: 50 hp difference). Meaning that while the leKpz has a clear disadvantage in AP DPM it actually outperforms the Ru in HEP DPM. Its a strange thing but its enough to make the HEP a much more decisive factor in the LeKpz than it is in the Ru and this is why I run calibrated shells on the LeKpz and gun rammer on the Ru. I have to admit though, chosing to shoot a lot of HEP is as much about doing damage and winning games as it is about having loads of fun - similar to the way HESH used to be in the old FV4202days... if you aim carefully HEP will give you a huge advantage, not only from the back but even against some heavy fronts and sides.

Stop Complaining...           ...Carry Harder!

IrmaBecx #20 Posted 06 January 2018 - 11:11 PM

First Sergeant

• Community Contributor
  • 21846 battles
  • [IRMA]

View Postsuperschnitzelkoenig, on 07 January 2018 - 12:31 AM, said:

I think what is worth noticing when comparing the LeKpz and the Ru is that the difference in HEP Alpha is much larger than in AP Alpha (AP: 15 hp difference, HEP: 50 hp difference). Meaning that while the leKpz has a clear disadvantage in AP DPM it actually outperforms the Ru in HEP DPM. Its a strange thing but its enough to make the HEP a much more decisive factor in the LeKpz than it is in the Ru and this is why I run calibrated shells on the LeKpz and gun rammer on the Ru. I have to admit though, chosing to shoot a lot of HEP is as much about doing damage and winning games as it is about having loads of fun - similar to the way HESH used to be in the old FV4202days... if you aim carefully HEP will give you a huge advantage, not only from the back but even against some heavy fronts and sides.

I agree completely with your assessment, but chose a different strategy.

The HEP is a very potent weapon, yes; I use it all the time to maximise damage, but not in brawling situations, because I will invariably hit tracks or something and do like 60 damage. Like you say, the HEP gives you a huge advantage if you can aim your shot carefully. It doesn't have to be a lot; just standing still a split second and letting the reticule settle so you know the shot will fly true. The best situation is of course having flanked around and firing from cover at tans that can't see you, I will load the HEP and drop the Adrenaline in those situations, and there it will clearly outperform the Ru. I don't think I have used it enough to really take advantage of the increased penetration; for me the DPM increase gets more mileage; I already take too long knocking out lone targets COD:ing and firing on the reload.

And yeah, it's fun. Lots of fun. It's not game-breaking or anything, it's just you can often finish off low health targets with a well placed rear or side HEP shot, and it's so satisfying when it works. Landing a few shots on an open topped TD or a French Heavy and setting them on fire. You switch the ammo and hope for some luck, it's one of the things that makes the Black Dog so much fun to drive. And like I said the higher alpha also makes it more comfortable to play; I don't think it got higher alpha than the Ru and other 90 mm guns by mistake, I think the tank needs it to be more unique and also more successful.

I put around 150 games on it so far, and have no intention of slowing down. Especially not since I got some free Premium time from the Fair, so now I'm raking in the credits like there's no tomorrow, I think around two and three quarter million so far. Winrate is climbing, damage output also, and going up against tier IX Heavy tanks is scary at first, but the M41 90 is no pushover. Sometimes an aggressive rush straight through the enemy herd can throw them into complete disarray, all trying to get turned around to take a shot at you, allowing your team to move in and clean them up.

It doesn't always work. Yesterday I was on Oasis Palms against a team of four TDs and three Heavys; I drove straight through to their spawn, spotted them all up before they had gotten into position, lobbed a shot at a Waffenträger, and then made my way back through the cap area without a scratch. All seven tanks spotted down in the corner, none of them in proper position yet, my team spreading out to get shots at them, and we still lost. Today I was on Falls creek against a similar team of TDs and Heavys. Tried to spot the cap area and saw two tier IX Heavys going out on the flank leaving just two tier VIII Heavys and a TD by the bridge. I drove straight at them, then past and started shooting their sides; the whole red team scrambled to try and take me out, but my team crossed the bridge and broke through, leaving us 7 to 4 after just a minute or two. Easy win.

Really, other than the fact this is a high tier Light tank, there are only three actual "problems" I can think of: High alpha guns, fast Lights and Mediums, and getting focused.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users