Ping spikes in WoTB

• Please log in to reply
211 replies to this topic

llo1 #201 Posted 26 January 2018 - 12:55 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 23165 battles
  • [1RTR]

Twice today, and whilst the ping seemed fairly stable, I have been DUMPED out of Blitz with a total loss of any movement and just as I encountered the reds!

Both losses as expected, and both with zero shots and minimal score by me!

Thankfully (I hope) with zero downvotes fromanyone!

As C_Me_ Rowling says, I have stopped downvotes for anyone who doesn't move, reserving them for total idiots from within the play!

Certified member, Save the Littlepard Foundation

Raen_Yrtham #202 Posted 06 February 2018 - 07:00 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7148 battles
  • [PORT]

Still unplayable!!

I normally have 30 - 50 ms ping but lately I've been getting spikes up to 320 ms, which translates to lag of 1 - 2 seconds sometimes!

Playing on PC with Ethernet cable hookep up, no Wi-Fi. Totally unacceptable!

Edited by Raen_Yrtham, 06 February 2018 - 07:02 PM.

Prince0fPersia #203 Posted 06 February 2018 - 07:39 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 22261 battles
  • [A-R-T]
really crapping ping, and no it not the internet

Edited by Prince0fPersia, 06 February 2018 - 07:40 PM.

C_Me_Rowlling #204 Posted 08 February 2018 - 02:08 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 11767 battles
  • [TAC]

... no official response here still huh..

I know some peops sent tickets.. did you guys get any form of answer or is the Wg team too focused on what's important i.e.  the Black Friday chest re-sell?

Id think that for an online game, maintaining the servers and upgrading as necessary would be of utmost importance instead of fancy garage.

Considering the state of the test server [where crucial data is collected]  offered to contributors and players with decisive opinion,  I kinda fear the worst for us unimportant sheeps of the playerbase .. 

UncleSamThe1st #205 Posted 10 April 2018 - 02:51 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11101 battles
  • [WARNO]

HAVING PROBLEMS WITH LAG, GAME FREEZES AND SHOTS TAKE 2-3 SEC TO FIRE, WHAT HAPPENED!

Mjr_Eazy #206 Posted 10 April 2018 - 03:29 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 12703 battles
  • [BT_SV]

View PostUncleSamThe1st, on 10 April 2018 - 02:51 PM, said:

HAVING PROBLEMS WITH LAG, GAME FREEZES AND SHOTS TAKE 2-3 SEC TO FIRE, WHAT HAPPENED!

have you ran pingplotter and looked at the results?  Best thing to do is run that, raise a ticket and attach the pingplotter file...

I’ve not noticed any lag problems that were down to WG since this one and they admitted it was their problem and gave free premium time...

He who stops being better stops being good.  Oliver Cromwell I was soundly beaten, and i am the better for it.  Monty

I keep getting beaten but getting better so its all good man :harp:. Major Eazy

llo1 #207 Posted 10 April 2018 - 04:14 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 23165 battles
  • [1RTR]

Ok guys, I have submitted recent pingplotter  reports to WG tickets that show lost packets and increase lag only present at the last jump to wG servers......guess what response they said.....my ISP!!!!

However, you will see elsewhere in this forum that I have taken advice and changed the DNS to a company called Cloudfire.

Whilst others have said it improved the system, in my case both ping and lag, others on the forum say it doesn't work.

Therefore my advice is try it for yourself, if it works great use it, if not you haven't lost anything as WG are totally against actually trying to solve the problem.

Good luck and see you on the battlefield.

Mjr_Eazy #208 Posted 10 April 2018 - 05:24 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 12703 battles
  • [BT_SV]

View Postllo1, on 10 April 2018 - 04:14 PM, said:

Ok guys, I have submitted recent pingplotter  reports to WG tickets that show lost packets and increase lag only present at the last jump to wG servers......guess what response they said.....my ISP!!!!

However, you will see elsewhere in this forum that I have taken advice and changed the DNS to a company called Cloudfire.

Whilst others have said it improved the system, in my case both ping and lag, others on the forum say it doesn't work.

Therefore my advice is try it for yourself, if it works great use it, if not you haven't lost anything as WG are totally against actually trying to solve the problem.

Good luck and see you on the battlefield.

Shhhhhh, I thought that was our secret ;)

Seriously tho llo1 is right, we can’t explain it but using this new super fast DNS seems to make a difference, there’s another thread about it...

llo1 re your pingplotter trace, they said the same to me and so I sent it to my ISP and complained a lot and they eventually admitted they were throttling my bandwidth, some fair usage policy BS even though it had been sold as unlimited!  I switched ISP.

He who stops being better stops being good.  Oliver Cromwell I was soundly beaten, and i am the better for it.  Monty

I keep getting beaten but getting better so its all good man :harp:. Major Eazy

DumbApe #209 Posted 10 April 2018 - 08:24 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 11442 battles
  • [HRG]

Glad to hear the DNS switch has helped.  If others want to try it out see separate thread. 

Old dog with new tricks ...  and a few tanks. Still mostly sh*te at this game

Bananas in aures habeo. Non possum te audiunt.

mrpgilbert #210 Posted 11 April 2018 - 12:48 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 31153 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostMjr_Eazy, on 10 April 2018 - 05:24 PM, said:

Shhhhhh, I thought that was our secret ;)

Seriously tho llo1 is right, we can’t explain it but using this new super fast DNS seems to make a difference, there’s another thread about it...

llo1 re your pingplotter trace, they said the same to me and so I sent it to my ISP and complained a lot and they eventually admitted they were throttling my bandwidth, some fair usage policy BS even though it had been sold as unlimited!  I switched ISP.

This. I use Zen Internet, who don't throttle. The big ISPs have bought bandwidth bundles from Openreach, so the more customers they have in an area, the more they have to limit what each user gets to avoid exceeding their limit and paying extra. 

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it.

Be nice to me..

http://www.blitzstar...r/eu/mrpgilbert

llo1 #211 Posted 11 April 2018 - 07:34 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 23165 battles
  • [1RTR]

View Postmrpgilbert, on 11 April 2018 - 12:48 AM, said:

This. I use Zen Internet, who don't throttle. The big ISPs have bought bandwidth bundles from Openreach, so the more customers they have in an area, the more they have to limit what each user gets to avoid exceeding their limit and paying extra. 

This is what I understand from some of the "other" ISP's.....however, I was under the impression (possibly wrong unless someone can enlighten me) that as Virgin uses their own fibre system, then they don't have the same constraints.

mrpgilbert #212 Posted 11 April 2018 - 08:55 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 31153 battles
  • [AFK]

View Postllo1, on 11 April 2018 - 07:34 AM, said:

This is what I understand from some of the "other" ISP's.....however, I was under the impression (possibly wrong unless someone can enlighten me) that as Virgin uses their own fibre system, then they don't have the same constraints.

If you're lucky enough to live in an area with FTTP (Fibre To The Premises), which Virgin have, rather than FTTC (Fibre To The Cabinet), which is the half-arsed solution BT implemented, then this indeed shouldn't be the case. However, given that Virgin have been smacked hard and often for misleading advertising, I'd not be surprised if they throttled too, whatever the reason. 

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it.

Be nice to me..

http://www.blitzstar...r/eu/mrpgilbert

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users