• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Vagibreg #1 Posted 08 January 2018 - 01:24 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 22179 battles
  • [GRMP]

Hello All,

As a keen player of the game I have recently found myself participating in the tournament series and what a fantastic experience it has been, from howling losses in the first round to beating some really good teams it has enriched the game and given my play more focus than I have had in two years. 

However last nights Sunday Tournament was a somewhat different story. The problem became apparent around 17:30 when I started to get ping lag issues, flying tanks, tanks that stop then appear half way across the map, you know the thing. Sometimes the fault is on my end so I reset and used my 4G connection instead, exactly the same problems, and they got worse and worse until the tournament started at 19:00. It was actually unplayable during the tournament and we were all suffering, the opponents and all of our team.

I have done a little checking and noticed that the current server traffic loading is at an all time high, last night at 19:00 there were 40,000+ players on the EU server. This is certainly the issue, server capacity has been exceeded and the impact is on players, sadly last night the impact was on Tournament players. The solutions could be many but the easiest is surely to increase server capacity with immediate effect. I would also like WG to consider if a tournament specific server could be used for competitive matches to minimise the impact of general traffic fluctuations on those of us who have practiced co-ordinated, teamed up and then get obliterated by ping and lag of 50-1000ms. 

Thank you for your time, we will continue to support the game and enjoy the tournament programme for as long as we can, but we need more server capacity to avoid instances like the debacle we experienced last night. Thanks again,

Harry. - Vagibreg. 

Mjr_Eazy #2 Posted 08 January 2018 - 01:51 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 14227 battles
  • [BT_SV]

Last day of the unfair grind too...

It will drop off again now and schools go back but it has been awful in general recently, I’ve not had the chance yet to do a tourney (soon tho) but both suggestions are good - more capacity always needed when events on and tournament servers is surely a no-brainer!

WG don’t seem to take much notice of the forum though so I’d suggest you raise a support ticket on the WG site as they will at least read that.

Good Luck

He who stops being better stops being good.  Oliver Cromwell I was soundly beaten, and i am the better for it.  Monty

I keep getting beaten but getting better so its all good man :harp:. Major Eazy

xayduci #3 Posted 08 January 2018 - 01:58 PM

Private

• Player
  • 19775 battles
Wot, Hello. Can you solve the problem with ping? And when this will be? Who is responsible for this?

Vagibreg #4 Posted 08 January 2018 - 02:00 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 22179 battles
  • [GRMP]

Thanks Mjr_Eazy, I will do that! Cheers,

BennyBot1000 #5 Posted 08 January 2018 - 02:06 PM

Private

• Player
  • 27466 battles
  • [GRMP]
Something was definitely not right on Sunday. I was unspotted behind a dune in the Cromwell B running optics and tier VII camo skills when a KV2 that had been the opposite side of the railway line just appeared behind me at about 10 metres range.......not a good outcome for me... brutal absolutely brutal!!!!

Lord_Cantius #6 Posted 08 January 2018 - 02:15 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 10250 battles
  • [GRMP]
Wasn't much better late night when I jumped on for a bit mate.
Ghost rounds, and noticeably delayed impacts

I see WG are doing server maint tomorrow morning 5am CET, so maybe thats in response to this... or just their normal schedule.

Clan Boss for Grump EU

Be nice to your clan mates and have fun all you Tanking Humans :-)

Mjr_Eazy #7 Posted 08 January 2018 - 03:18 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 14227 battles
  • [BT_SV]

I had similar thing last night, ended up stuck inside a hill for 60 seconds, it was funny though as all other greens dead, and I must be showing up on mini-map as all reds nearby and I re-materialised behind 2 reds, killing one before the rest got me :)

On one of the other topics about lag/ping issues someone suggested installing this software and adding that to the ticket, as it will show the problem is at WG end or show you if it’s a problem with your network or ISP...

https://www.pingplotter.com/index.html

He who stops being better stops being good.  Oliver Cromwell I was soundly beaten, and i am the better for it.  Monty

Son_Panfilova #8 Posted 08 January 2018 - 06:46 PM

Private

• Player
  • 60546 battles
  • [AL]
F U WG...yesterday was ping 300-500...today ping 300-500...whyyyyyyy? Wtf WG?

1967bob #9 Posted 08 January 2018 - 07:10 PM

Private

• Player
  • 28251 battles
  • [EU_01]
Ping is still bad. This game is not worth paying for

Steel_Hair #10 Posted 08 January 2018 - 07:25 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4095 battles
  • [GRMP]

I couldn’t agree more, the game play that we all experienced especially in the tournaments that many of us attempted to compete in proved very disaterous, and was most upsetting after all the hard work to only be undone due to the severe server lag.

Wargaming should really invest in some servers strictly for the tournaments that are seperate from those used by the players in the public games. Having the seperate servers would be a step up and greatly add to the games and enjoyment for those trying to complete in tournaments and since Wargaming seems to be pushing the tournaments and promoting it, it only makes sense that they do this and invest in the players and teams that are competing so that the only excuse one can have for losing in tournaments is that they got out played not killed because of server lag etc. also having the seperate servers would benefit the player bade at large as the public games would not have the added load from those playing in tournaments so making everyone happy.

xayduci #11 Posted 09 January 2018 - 06:15 AM

Private

• Player
  • 19775 battles
Sorry wg you must solve this big problem. I know a lot of players already deleted this game... So....if it continues...

xayduci #12 Posted 09 January 2018 - 06:43 AM

Private

• Player
  • 19775 battles
600 ping - horible...

Vagibreg #13 Posted 09 January 2018 - 01:13 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 22179 battles
  • [GRMP]

Thanks to everyone for their thoughts and experiences, it's definately an issue that needs to be resolved. I have raised a ticket with support and provided this thread as a link to gather our views. Hopefully they will acknowledge it. 

Thanks again.

Mjr_Eazy #14 Posted 09 January 2018 - 10:57 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 14227 battles
  • [BT_SV]
Good Luck and let us know what they say....

mr_a55 #15 Posted 10 January 2018 - 01:38 AM

Private

• Player
  • 34865 battles
  • [IMM0R]

This issue has been going on for few days now. It's unplayable.  Who is responsible for this , I ask. This game is broken for me. With fairs and constant greed of wg for our money , it is unlikely  I will be spending any money on this game as obviously wg is interested in their profits rather then game experience of their customers. Many good players will turn away. Many already did that. Let's see how long they will last . Good luck wg 

Vagibreg #16 Posted 11 January 2018 - 12:58 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 22179 battles
  • [GRMP]

Maintenance took place on EU last night and this morning things seem smoother. I am pleased

I will know after this evenings tournament if they have actually fixed the issues we were having.

However I have yet to receive an acknowledgement to the ticket and no WG employee has engaged with me over this problem as yet. The wait goes on.

Gudbrand #17 Posted 14 January 2018 - 06:13 PM

Private

• Player
  • 30153 battles
Lag is back today it seems.

Vagibreg #18 Posted 15 January 2018 - 01:42 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 22179 battles
  • [GRMP]

It seems generally improved but is still glitching at peak times, not the horrible lengthy lags like last week, but not smooth either. Its a step forward, but still a very current issue.

You will not be surprised to hear that WG didn't even acknowledge my ticket, let alone respond to it. :facepalm: I should know this by now...

Skuaa #19 Posted 17 January 2018 - 03:24 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 2743 battles
  • [-EQU-]
My ping is back to normal (85-110), nothing to complaint about.

[-EQU-] Equites

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users