New players, please read this...

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Mjr_Eazy #1 Posted 12 January 2018 - 01:50 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 7966 battles
  • [BT_SV]

I never saw this when I was playing like a field of king Edwards in Yorkshire...

I now pride myself on being special and certainly would be on sale in spud-u-like if that was still a thing, kids ask your parents/grand-parents....

Seriously, read this if you're new to the game...

Then read everything else on that site and this one, watch all the videos you can and accept that either:

a. It's a really hard stat's based game with RNG added on top so is hard to play and you need to "git gud...."; or

b. WG cheat, they hate you and you should buy a tin-foil hat and join the MM thread in the forums :)

He who stops being better stops being good.  Oliver Cromwell I was soundly beaten, and i am the better for it.  Monty

I keep getting beaten but getting better so its all good man :harp:. Major Eazy

Ahvanderlaan #2 Posted 12 January 2018 - 09:11 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 5163 battles
  • [KILLI]

I'd like to add an option

c. enjoy the game, accept that your not going to be the best player in the world. Ignore all noob comments. Also accept that it is probably best not to go up all the tiers; when you are not the greatest player in the world the game is more enjoy able at lower tiers. But again most important enjoy the game.

This is how I play it :honoring:

Settler77 #3 Posted 12 January 2018 - 03:13 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 19284 battles
  • [-MEN-]
yea

View PostAhvanderlaan, on 12 January 2018 - 09:11 AM, said:

c. enjoy the game, accept that your not going to be the best player in the world. Ignore all noob comments. Also accept that it is probably best not to go up all the tiers; when you are not the greatest player in the world the game is more enjoy able at lower tiers. But again most important enjoy the game.

well yeah, that is one way to look at it, but this way u take away the joy from skilled players, since u play for fun without a will to improve

EDIT: btw dont know about the rest of u, but i still see the fun in this by winning the game and contributing to the teams victory, dont understand why these "fun" players seek the joy in the game by dying quickly and totally unnecessarily....  

Edited by Settler77, 12 January 2018 - 03:19 PM.

mrpgilbert #4 Posted 12 January 2018 - 05:35 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 28194 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostSettler77, on 12 January 2018 - 03:13 PM, said:

yea

well yeah, that is one way to look at it, but this way u take away the joy from skilled players, since u play for fun without a will to improve

EDIT: btw dont know about the rest of u, but i still see the fun in this by winning the game and contributing to the teams victory, dont understand why these "fun" players seek the joy in the game by dying quickly and totally unnecessarily....  

I don't think that's quite what he meant. I enjoy the game more when I'm winning, which I'm currently doing at tier VII. This is much more fun than it was when I started, and rushed up the tiers to become useless in German TDs. Much more fun to learn med play, and it's doing my lifetime WR no harm at all. I'll get to VIII someday, but using my painfully acquired skills where they are most useful seems sensible. 

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it.

Be nice to me..

http://www.blitzstar...r/eu/mrpgilbert

Mjr_Eazy #5 Posted 12 January 2018 - 09:23 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 7966 battles
  • [BT_SV]
I’d agree with Mr Gilbert, I don’t think Ahvanderlaan option is what you think, I think in fact it’s the opposite - he’s saying enjoy the game but don’t get obsessed about playing higher tiers as people without the skills to play at that level they’re the ones that impact your enjoyment.  I’m a prime exampleI rushed up to tier viii and really was pretty useless at anything about tier iii and even there not great, so my stats are terrible I must have played 3-4K games with a WR never getting above 43%, I’m a slow learner so it took me a long time to learn and improve.  So in reality I spoilt around 60% of those games for the other players, I should have taken option c and stayed at 2-4 a lot longer!  I know I’m not the only one and I read a lot of posts complaining about exactly this problem in tiers 8-10!

He who stops being better stops being good.  Oliver Cromwell I was soundly beaten, and i am the better for it.  Monty

Ahvanderlaan #6 Posted 12 January 2018 - 09:47 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 5163 battles
  • [KILLI]

View PostAhvanderlaan, on 12 January 2018 - 09:11 AM, said:

Let me elaborate a bit, I find it important not to put to much pressure on new players to perform. It is a game it is about enjoyment. Of course you should try your best en not yolo straight into the opposing team, not much enjoyment in that I think. I can only speak for myself but the pressure to git gut as you put it can kill all enjoyment. 

What does this mean for myself, I have accepted that I suck at mediums, to fast for me. So I keep to TD's and heavies higher up the tiers and only drive the fast stuff in the lower tiers, where I still enjoy them. I also accepted that I am not really progressing, but I am content with that, no more pressure to git gud.

Finally an advice for skilled players don't let the lesser skilled players kill your own enjoyment, yes they sometimes mean you lose but for every player with wr above 50% there must be one below 50%, so we do serve a purpose

Settler77 #7 Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:07 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 19284 battles
  • [-MEN-]
well what can i say...only....i wish every player had ur approach :-D

Mjr_Eazy #8 Posted 13 January 2018 - 01:54 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 7966 battles
  • [BT_SV]

View PostSettler77, on 12 January 2018 - 11:07 PM, said:

well what can i say...only....i wish every player had ur approach :-D

Lol, yeah if only :)

VonPottypoop #9 Posted 14 January 2018 - 11:46 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 10817 battles
  • [FTC-1]

Well I have said it before and I will say it again, remove cap until last 2 mins and this would make better playing at low tiers. The other day I was in tier 5 and 6 greens went straight to cap? WTF! I screen shot  it and screen shot every player and posted it on Discord, not one player had more than 500 battles! What was the outcome? Don’t even need to say, you just know. 

Cap has its uses for tactics but should only be used as a last resort I.e Last heavy v last light.

Edited by VonPottypoop, 14 January 2018 - 11:48 AM.

​Very proud leader of the Fun-Tan-Clan 

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users