Stat rehab: Comet

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

PrinzofHentai #1 Posted 12 January 2018 - 09:56 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 5020 battles
  • [NTD01]

After slugging through battles I have acquired a 49% WR after seeing it not move from 48% for a long time.

Any tips on how I can close the gap to 55% WR?

Link to my Comets stats:

https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/PrinzofHentai/tank/5457

Owner of the Churchill Collection: Churchill Mk I, Churchill Mk III, Churchill Mk VII,Churchill Mk VI, Churchill Black Prince, Churchill Gun Carrier. 
" I will never spill my tea" 
"Who says you can't tank while drinking tea?" 
Only thing I know are purple are my Crusader stats and my MH. Anything else is mediocre or down right bad. 
Survived one year of Blitz. 

Tijgerhaai_XIV #2 Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:12 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 8386 battles
  • [ALBA]

Your 30 day WR is nearly 60%. So just keep doing what you are doing.

And be a bit more aggressive. Your spots, DPM, etc,., all look like they could be tweaked upwards a bit.

Oh, and don't die, write your Mum, and abuse hills.

mrpgilbert #3 Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:38 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 33239 battles
  • [AFK]
Pretty much what Tijger said. I started from a much lower base, nudging up to 55% now, loving it. Did have a brief but glorious 21 game run at 90%, but averaging 60% on 30/60/90 days. Apparently, it was a great tank once. Sadly, I was even more useless then.

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it.

Be nice to me..

http://www.blitzstar...r/eu/mrpgilbert

IrmaBecx #4 Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:51 PM

First Sergeant

• Community Contributor
  • 21749 battles
  • [IRMA]
First of all get your head around what the Comet is. It’s a fairly mobile Medium with good gun depression and a hard turret front. It has good DPM, nothing special these days, and bad penetration, which you need to accept. It’s around 76 mm, so you will need to stay out to realise the DPM. The only way you can do that is by using the turret front. Sneak around so you can peekaboom no scope hull down behind a ridge all the time, dont be afraid to snap shot, and just try to wear them down. Turn on Supremacy and learn to ourplay entire teams. Cap bases, and track enemies. Concentrate on putting out consistent damage, and learning to deal with desperate situations by using the Comets strengths - no matter if you are winning or losing. You will improve.

https://twitter.com/IrmaBecx

Wat? OMG! IrmaDrivesTanks on Youtube!

The IrmaBecx School of Tank Philosophy

"Allez, bande de singes! Vous voulez vivre pour l'éternité?" - Ferdinand Foch, 8 Sep. 1914

JJSawry #5 Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:56 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 26286 battles
  • [EU]
Might be a rough time to play it, given the amount of heavies around the tier.

mrpgilbert #6 Posted 13 January 2018 - 05:18 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 33239 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostJJSawry, on 12 January 2018 - 11:56 PM, said:

Might be a rough time to play it, given the amount of heavies around the tier.

Nah, it's fine. A rubbish player in an IS-3 is a rubbish player.

Be nice to me..

JJSawry #7 Posted 13 January 2018 - 07:33 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 26286 battles
  • [EU]

View Postmrpgilbert, on 13 January 2018 - 05:18 AM, said:

Nah, it's fine. A rubbish player in an IS-3 is a rubbish player.

True, but if I remember correctly, comet doesn't have the best pen, and is3 has even better sidearmor now than it uses to. Not to mention meeting a tiger1/p, which will beat you in a dpm race. Lupus? So on and so forth.

mrpgilbert #8 Posted 13 January 2018 - 12:46 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 33239 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostJJSawry, on 13 January 2018 - 07:33 AM, said:

True, but if I remember correctly, comet doesn't have the best pen, and is3 has even better sidearmor now than it uses to. Not to mention meeting a tiger1/p, which will beat you in a dpm race. Lupus? So on and so forth.

That may be the theory, but in practice, it works. Tracking for assist in a tier 8 game is critical, and it's hard to pen a lot of those buggers with AP. However, I have enough of a credit reserve to spam prammo, so it's all good.

Basically, I'm thoroughly enjoying the challenge.

Be nice to me..

Cancracker #9 Posted 13 January 2018 - 10:14 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 54651 battles
  • [COBRA]

View PostPrinzofHentai, on 12 January 2018 - 09:56 PM, said:

After slugging through battles I have acquired a 49% WR after seeing it not move from 48% for a long time.

Any tips on how I can close the gap to 55% WR?

Link to my Comets stats:

https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/PrinzofHentai/tank/5457

It depends on Wargaming if they let you get past 60%. I was close but then they gave me bad teams which continues today too. 50% wr even if doing over 2000 damage and being top scorer overall. Yes, there's the occasional ace but who cares? I'm going for win rate now.

So maybe try buying something like 180 days of premium account. I could help with better teams and you can fire prammo with no credit issues.

"X 5 weekend, 10 games 9 losses ...
Some seals will be getting sooooo clubbed in the next couple of weeks."
                                                                                                             jonty_2014

Revda1966 #10 Posted 13 January 2018 - 10:39 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 20626 battles
  • [AFK]

Not to argue but you sound like a winge because the game got tougher,

i think we we are all given noob teams and I have several screen shots where my team has 4 or 5 zero damage players

funnily enough the game seems to play nicer with 30 days premium than when I am down to 5 days:hiding:

i just reread read some great posts improved my gameplay and if I do get 3 or 4 noob teams I stop, log out and do something useful in the real world come back and get given better teams

Wildoneshelper #11 Posted 16 January 2018 - 09:47 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 6873 battles
  • [GNEIS]

View PostCancracker, on 13 January 2018 - 10:14 PM, said:

It depends on Wargaming if they let you get past 60%. I was close but then they gave me bad teams which continues today too. 50% wr even if doing over 2000 damage and being top scorer overall. Yes, there's the occasional ace but who cares? I'm going for win rate now.

So maybe try buying something like 180 days of premium account. I could help with better teams and you can fire prammo with no credit issues.

I think it's better for you to learn how to carry an average team rather than whining about the lineup. Winning a match is not just about doing damage, but also how the whole team is performing, how the team is working with one another, how the team is unraveling enemy's setups. I think this is also a difference between a 60%+ player than a 50%+ player: organizing a team of strangers. To practice this skill, play more tier III and IV games.

Returning to the topic: Comet is all about hull down. Penetration is horrible but you have to live with it. I'm starting to do that and it becomes better now. I find the play style abruptly different in Comet than in Cromwell, where you can boss around the map with a Cromwell but not a Comet. Driving T29 is a good way to practice hull down because that is what T29 is famous for, or try doing it with ARL 44, though having a slightly weaker turret. 

Edited by Wildoneshelper, 16 January 2018 - 09:49 PM.

A dedicated hater of IS-7 since day one. (Unpopular opinion :P )

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users