40ers equipment premium ammo

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Jokeri17_destroyer #1 Posted 14 January 2018 - 09:00 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 15129 battles
  • [-777-]

Yesterday I chatted with one 40% player and tried to figure out what he could do better to start winning games. 

I asked him about sidescraping and hull down and he said he knew those. Then I asked what equipment he was using.

He said that he does not use provisions too often because he does not want to lose credits. I recommended him to at least equip provisions to tanks that he plays the most.

Then I asked what ammo he uses, he said that he uses AP and HE. I asked him if he ever uses APCR.

He said: "I have not tested apcr too much because I want to save gold"

He did not know that you can buy premium ammo with credits. XD

Then I told him how to do it and I hope his wr gets better from here on.

Pandemodium #2 Posted 14 January 2018 - 09:12 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 27623 battles
  • [ENKLT]
Tell him never go to city, except if its a only city map or all 6 noobs go city

llo1 #3 Posted 14 January 2018 - 09:42 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 23638 battles
  • [1RTR]

View PostPandemodium, on 14 January 2018 - 09:12 AM, said:

Unfortunately I have found that IF there's a city on the map, it's not just the noobs who go there but most of the players I seem to have in the battle, and most of the reds as well!

Certified member, Save the Littlepard Foundation

Pandemodium #4 Posted 14 January 2018 - 10:00 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 27623 battles
  • [ENKLT]

Then let the reds go city, they will lose in 90% of time

llo1 #5 Posted 14 January 2018 - 10:05 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 23638 battles
  • [1RTR]
I do, but when your team are useless as current, then you find yourself 1:6 or so, and as yet I cannot carry enough to do anything but die nobely!

Certified member, Save the Littlepard Foundation

Ace_Camper #6 Posted 14 January 2018 - 10:23 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 28824 battles

View PostPandemodium, on 14 January 2018 - 09:12 AM, said:

Nor to the bridge.

Precariat #7 Posted 14 January 2018 - 10:57 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 9731 battles
  • [B-B-B]

The game doesn't do a good job of showing players how to do things, especially how to save money. Right now the camouflage interface defaults to the rare ones (including the locked ones) so now you see a bunch of players running around with no camo at all. It's in WG interest for players to not understand how the game works, sadly.

In terms of prammo i wouldn't lean on it too hard as it now does less damage and a better option is to get into positions where regular ammo is effective (which in turn encourages better play). Especially on auto loaders it can quickly become very expensive in credits, also often those with auto loaders tend to sit in the open to empty the whole clip and make easy targets. When I was still learning early on I found single shot guns a lot more economical, I drove the Medium I with top gun back then and slowly I learned not to camp, to angle and make every shot count. Better to go for higher pen guns where possible if you have trouble aiming at weak spots.

When you can't walk, you crawl and when you can't crawl anymore somebody will carry you

BarbierDeTvils #8 Posted 14 January 2018 - 10:59 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 47026 battles
  • [7CIE]

WG had never purposed to new players to come into forums

Since WG had closed foreign languages forums by abandoning them, they are deads

It was on them where we helped new players

Now they have only the game and it is just a joke think WG will explain how to not use gold to newbies ....

It is a zapping world and WG want to make profit fast before they zap that’s why WG don’t take care about fidelity

it is an error because it could be earn money on both but they don’t know how to do it and they don’t care about advices old players give them. 

Edited by BarbierDeTvils, 14 January 2018 - 11:02 AM.

Amicalement

BarbierDeTVils

Topic sur la rentabilité des Chars : http://forum.wotblit...alisee/#topmost (les tableaux de résultats sont dans le 3eme post du topic en page 1)

talhaONE #9 Posted 14 January 2018 - 11:39 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 13677 battles
  • [CZZR]
Tell him to not yolo to reds.

Pandemodium #10 Posted 14 January 2018 - 12:36 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 27623 battles
  • [ENKLT]

View PosttalhaONE, on 14 January 2018 - 11:39 AM, said:

Tell him to not yolo to reds.

sometimes its fun with dracula

bunnybun123 #11 Posted 14 January 2018 - 01:07 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 9047 battles
  • [FTC-1]
I'm kinda ashamed to admit that I didn't know for months that I don't have to spend gold on premium ammo. There's no tutorial for that and it's not very obvious that you can switch gold for credits. Personally I played a lot of games without using prammo or HE.  

HariKariGaryNeedsaCarry #12 Posted 14 January 2018 - 02:40 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 23380 battles
  • [OLD]
Nice work and well done to OP. All too often I see posts complaining about 40% players in game but if more people took the time and effort to help them the quality of gameplay may improve.

It is worrying though that the tutorials are so poor and if new players don't come to the forums they may be ignorant of crucial aspects of gameplay and the ability to buy a p c r with silver. One of the many things WG should fix.
harikarigaryneedsacarry_snowjag_eng.jpeg

JJSawry #13 Posted 14 January 2018 - 02:47 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 25832 battles
  • [EU]

View PostHariKariGaryNeedsaCarry, on 14 January 2018 - 02:40 PM, said:

Nice work and well done to OP. All too often I see posts complaining about 40% players in game but if more people took the time and effort to help them the quality of gameplay may improve.

It is worrying though that the tutorials are so poor and if new players don't come to the forums they may be ignorant of crucial aspects of gameplay and the ability to buy a p c r with silver. One of the many things WG should fix.

The simple fact that prammo starts toggled for gold instead of credits shows clearly WG's stance on this.

Peddy_tanj_it #14 Posted 14 January 2018 - 09:59 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 45663 battles
  • [TANG]

When asked or feel that a new /low win rate player might improve I point them at the forums or utube videos maybe one in ten understand or know about them. The game tutorials provided by WG are OK for the first 50-100 games after that the players need help with side scraping, prammo, HE, APCR, AP, HEAT selection. Why spaced armour and effect on damage. Gun depression. Camouflage spotting and so much more. 

There Ain't No Justice = TANJ 

Hard_Sly #15 Posted 14 January 2018 - 11:04 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 8625 battles
  • [SANE]

View PostJokeri17_destroyer, on 14 January 2018 - 09:00 AM, said:

Yesterday I chatted with one 40% player and tried to figure out what he could do better to start winning games. 

I asked him about sidescraping and hull down and he said he knew those. Then I asked what equipment he was using.

He said that he does not use provisions too often because he does not want to lose credits. I recommended him to at least equip provisions to tanks that he plays the most.

Then I asked what ammo he uses, he said that he uses AP and HE. I asked him if he ever uses APCR.

He said: "I have not tested apcr too much because I want to save gold"

He did not know that you can buy premium ammo with credits. XD

Then I told him how to do it and I hope his wr gets better from here on.

After my 6k battles i can give some conclusions. ..

* newbies are cowards/affraid of taking any actions so just follow others or simply camp spawn bushes to snipe last hit and steal kill (worst kind of players IMO)

* kids are acting smart and spamming chat and force team to follow direction they want, even they don't know maps which ends in instant annihilation.

* solo rushing one side when rest of team goes other side then insulting team after being ganged by enemies and killed.

* too much selfishness, not enought teamplaying.

* cammo and some provisions are just waste of cash not worth and not efficient in battle. Most my best battles are without cammo and with few provisions, consumables (auto-extinquisher) are a lot more important.

* adaptating to situation, looking on minimap what is going on.

* don't stay in one place for too long.

* having APCR/HEAT ammo.

Other thing about game itself

* this game should be PEGI 14+ !!!!!!!!!!!! not fking 7+

* requirements of 1k battles and 50%WR to play on tier 5-8 battles and 3-5k battles with  WR 55%+ for tier 8+. Very often players on low tiers are smarter then muppets on tier 9 -_-

BTW. I've seen many kids with 15k-20k battles and WR around 43-46 with avr dmg 500-700. They just don't learn or don't care to improve... mobile Blitz for many players is just tank driving simulator to kill some time.

Edited by Hard_Sly, 14 January 2018 - 11:07 PM.

sixty_three #16 Posted 14 January 2018 - 11:48 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 9891 battles

View PostPeddy_tanj_it, on 14 January 2018 - 09:59 PM, said:

When asked or feel that a new /low win rate player might improve I point them at the forums or utube videos maybe one in ten understand or know about them. The game tutorials provided by WG are OK for the first 50-100 games after that the players need help with side scraping, prammo, HE, APCR, AP, HEAT selection. Why spaced armour and effect on damage. Gun depression. Camouflage spotting and so much more. 

I reckon the WG tutorials are OK.  The problem, I believe, is that beginners don't get long enough to practice the aiming and shooting tutorials before they're thrown into live battles.  If they stick with the game for 50-100 battles they typically aren't anywhere near good enough at hitting their target.

Try playing a few Tier II games to find beginners with this level of battle experience.  Then have a look at their hit rate %.  I suspect more often than not you'll find it to be low.  Say under 60%, quite often not even 50%.  Hitting moving targets are their biggest problem.  

In the absence of WG allowing beginners to retake the tutorials, the best advice I think I could give them would be to pick

a low tier (I or II) tank with a single shot gun, ideally one of the more accurate ones.  Like the Leichttraktor with the stock 37mm.  And then just exclusively battle, with whatever they selected, until their hit rate was a reliably decent 70%+.  

I think it's as simple as that.

For my military knowledge, though I'm plucky and adventury,
Has only been brought down to the beginning of the century;
But still in matters vegetable, animal, and mineral,
I am the very model of a modern Major-General.

tiggersausages #17 Posted 15 January 2018 - 12:05 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 32749 battles
  • [IMM0R]

its good to help people definately. When i was still a big noob ( as opposed to just the sometimes noob now ) what made a huge difference to me was the kindness of a few good players to take the time to talk to me, do some platoons together etc.  Sk8xtrm, Sarius from lgn and other good people like you..

So many good players were unfriendly or unwilling to help me probably thinking (rightly) that carrying some noob around would cause them to lose more games.  But without their help maybe i would never have developed or would have got frustrated and left.  

So i try to return the favour when i can and help other less experienced players. When asked politely to help or play with someone i don't care about their stats as long as they are friendly and willing to learn. 

i run some platoons usually in a similar tank type and get the less experienced player to follow usually so they can learn some positions, support me and not be in the front line too much. i just have to remember not to yolo tho ;)  Also do a few training rooms to look at armour angling etc.. I enjoy doing it too mostly. 

So the offer is open if anyone ever wants to hit me up please do so.. 

Tiggs

loopyludo #18 Posted 15 January 2018 - 01:15 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 10510 battles
  • [LOST]

View PostJokeri17_destroyer, on 14 January 2018 - 09:00 AM, said:

I have found that I am using less and less prammo, I always carry it but infrequently use it, with the exception of HESH. I still consider myself a noob but since the reduction in damage from prammo, I would rather relocate and use AP.

BTW well done on looking to help someone.

Edited by loopyludo, 15 January 2018 - 01:16 PM.

Birdistheword15 #19 Posted 15 January 2018 - 01:30 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 36805 battles
  • [BRIT6]

I must admit until recently I was guilty of berating 40%ers during and after matches if I perceived them to be playing badly. But on reflection the comments probably say much more about me than the recipient in most cases. In the few remaining weeks i have left on blitz (time for a break) I endeavour to try to be more positive. Otherwise for me it just makes for a toxic attitude. At the end of day its just a game.

Edited by Birdistheword15, 15 January 2018 - 01:32 PM.

Also tagged with 40ers, equipment, premium ammo

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users