Jump to content


The Baguette on tracks B1: Road to the French Tiger ARL 44.

Road to the ARL 44 Prinz is late to the party!

  • Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

IrmaBecx #21 Posted 23 January 2018 - 09:48 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 27986 battles
  • 7,323
  • [AFK]
  • Member since:
    04-25-2012

Any social context will develop its own particular jargon. As a newcomer, you will invariably encounter these, and they will seem strange at first. There were a lot of things people were talking about I didn't have a clue about when I first came here too.

 

Now, you can't approach such a context and demand they "speak clearly", by which you mean stop using the particular ways of speaking they have developed over a long period of time, because it irritates you that you have trouble following them. That is first of all not going to get you accepted into the social context; people will; quite rightly, find you arrogant and hostile.

 

It's not super hard, in spite of your neophyte status, to deduce the meaning of such idioms, epithets and diminutives: all you do is pay attention to the context: what is being discussed, and what people are saying, and before long you will understand things much better. Yes, this is a process - there is no instant gratification. If you still don't understand, you can always ask, and if you're not too rude and abrasive about it, you will get an answer before long. Sometimes, you get an answer anyway. 

 

So: if you want to talk about the "Sonderkraftfahrzeug 184 Panzerjäger Elefant", then there are a lot of places where people talk about tanks and are extremely particular about using the exact designations. Or, you can talk to Titus. He likes the period correct, showroom floor stuff. My suggestion would be the excellent "Achtung Panzer!" forum.

 

If, however, you want to talk about the Ferdie; welcome to the forum. It's getting nerfed, by the way.

 

It's your choice.


https://twitter.com/IrmaBecx

Wat? OMG! IrmaDrivesTanks on Youtube!

 

The IrmaBecx School of Tank Philosophy

"Allez, bande de singes! Vous voulez vivre pour l'éternité?" - Ferdinand Foch, 8 Sep. 1914


IrmaBecx #22 Posted 23 January 2018 - 09:51 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 27986 battles
  • 7,323
  • [AFK]
  • Member since:
    04-25-2012
Prinz, I apologise for posting off topic, but I know you are more excited about your new English Rose right now.

https://twitter.com/IrmaBecx

Wat? OMG! IrmaDrivesTanks on Youtube!

 

The IrmaBecx School of Tank Philosophy

"Allez, bande de singes! Vous voulez vivre pour l'éternité?" - Ferdinand Foch, 8 Sep. 1914


RustyRaptor #23 Posted 23 January 2018 - 04:22 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 5699 battles
  • 518
  • [1T]
  • Member since:
    08-28-2017

View PostIrmaBecx, on 23 January 2018 - 09:48 AM, said:

Any social context will develop its own particular jargon. As a newcomer, you will invariably encounter these, and they will seem strange at first. There were a lot of things people were talking about I didn't have a clue about when I first came here too.

 

Now, you can't approach such a context and demand they "speak clearly", by which you mean stop using the particular ways of speaking they have developed over a long period of time, because it irritates you that you have trouble following them. That is first of all not going to get you accepted into the social context; people will; quite rightly, find you arrogant and hostile.

 

It's not super hard, in spite of your neophyte status, to deduce the meaning of such idioms, epithets and diminutives: all you do is pay attention to the context: what is being discussed, and what people are saying, and before long you will understand things much better. Yes, this is a process - there is no instant gratification. If you still don't understand, you can always ask, and if you're not too rude and abrasive about it, you will get an answer before long. Sometimes, you get an answer anyway. 

 

So: if you want to talk about the "Sonderkraftfahrzeug 184 Panzerjäger Elefant", then there are a lot of places where people talk about tanks and are extremely particular about using the exact designations. Or, you can talk to Titus. He likes the period correct, showroom floor stuff. My suggestion would be the excellent "Achtung Panzer!" forum.

 

If, however, you want to talk about the Ferdie; welcome to the forum. It's getting nerfed, by the way.

 

It's your choice.

 

Christ if this is what gets you pissy and offended enough that you need to resort to a wall of text and 500 year old english words to prove your point then you have reached a new low friend.Did you seriously think that everyone will have to resort using your re tarded way of naming tanks the same way you do?I never enjoyed this cringe meme culture this community has,like there are people who unironically think that 2007 rage comics are still funny.Absolute trash sense of """"""humor"""""".

 

Whatever,you can keep using nicknames if you want but try to use nicknames that don't sound like they came out an 8 year old's mouth.I don't get why you think im too harsh,or grumpy?Grow up this isn't a Disney Family Friendly forum for fcks sake.

 

 



Mjr_Eazy #24 Posted 23 January 2018 - 06:14 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 31113 battles
  • 6,871
  • [BT_SV]
  • Member since:
    04-26-2017

View PostRustyRaptor, on 23 January 2018 - 04:22 PM, said:

 

Christ if this is what gets you pissy and offended enough that you need to resort to a wall of text and 500 year old english words to prove your point then you have reached a new low friend.Did you seriously think that everyone will have to resort using your re tarded way of naming tanks the same way you do?I never enjoyed this cringe meme culture this community has,like there are people who unironically think that 2007 rage comics are still funny.Absolute trash sense of """"""humor"""""".

 

Whatever,you can keep using nicknames if you want but try to use nicknames that don't sound like they came out an 8 year old's mouth.I don't get why you think im too harsh,or grumpy?Grow up this isn't a Disney Family Friendly forum for fcks sake.

 

 

Oh the irony, people are retarded because they use words you dont understand...

Chill out, its only a game, if it makes you that angry dont read it!

:popcorn:


547146227.png

 


RustyRaptor #25 Posted 24 January 2018 - 07:41 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 5699 battles
  • 518
  • [1T]
  • Member since:
    08-28-2017

View PostMjr_Eazy, on 23 January 2018 - 06:14 PM, said:

Oh the irony, people are retarded because they use words you dont understand...

Chill out, its only a game, if it makes you that angry dont read it!

:popcorn:

 

Meh,i guess i am a bit too aggresive,again its just a game so you are right i should chill out,but my personality cant change so i cant really help it.Sorry for my harshness

IrmaBecx #26 Posted 24 January 2018 - 08:11 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 27986 battles
  • 7,323
  • [AFK]
  • Member since:
    04-25-2012

If you have some kind of medical condition that means you are unable to curb your aggressive tendencies, I would suggest not reading or posting on any kind of forums at all, for your own sake. You will constantly get triggered and irritated, come into conflict with others and alienate yourself from them, and it's not healthy for you.


https://twitter.com/IrmaBecx

Wat? OMG! IrmaDrivesTanks on Youtube!

 

The IrmaBecx School of Tank Philosophy

"Allez, bande de singes! Vous voulez vivre pour l'éternité?" - Ferdinand Foch, 8 Sep. 1914


RustyRaptor #27 Posted 25 January 2018 - 06:20 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 5699 battles
  • 518
  • [1T]
  • Member since:
    08-28-2017

View PostIrmaBecx, on 24 January 2018 - 08:11 PM, said:

If you have some kind of medical condition that means you are unable to curb your aggressive tendencies, I would suggest not reading or posting on any kind of forums at all, for your own sake. You will constantly get triggered and irritated, come into conflict with others and alienate yourself from them, and it's not healthy for you.

 

Nah I'm good for now

IrmaBecx #28 Posted 25 January 2018 - 03:34 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 27986 battles
  • 7,323
  • [AFK]
  • Member since:
    04-25-2012

View PostRustyRaptor, on 25 January 2018 - 08:20 AM, said:

 

Nah I'm good for now

 

You may think you are, but you are not. The amount of nonconstructive, racist, abusive posts that you are spouting tells me otherwise. You say you hate this community and all the "morons" in it; I mean what are you still doing here? Really? Because whatever the reason, it doesn't seem to be working out for you at all.

 

In any case, it's not just about you. You are ruining the forum experience for others, and that is my main concern. Remember being allowed on this forum is not a basic human right; it is a privilege granted to you by Wargaming, and if you can't play nice with other people, that privilege will be revoked.

 

You should at least apologise to PrinzofHentai for ruining his thread. I have nothing further to say in this matter.


https://twitter.com/IrmaBecx

Wat? OMG! IrmaDrivesTanks on Youtube!

 

The IrmaBecx School of Tank Philosophy

"Allez, bande de singes! Vous voulez vivre pour l'éternité?" - Ferdinand Foch, 8 Sep. 1914


RustyRaptor #29 Posted 26 January 2018 - 01:59 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 5699 battles
  • 518
  • [1T]
  • Member since:
    08-28-2017

View PostIrmaBecx, on 25 January 2018 - 03:34 PM, said:

 

You may think you are, but you are not. The amount of nonconstructive, racist, abusive posts that you are spouting tells me otherwise. You say you hate this community and all the "morons" in it; I mean what are you still doing here? Really? Because whatever the reason, it doesn't seem to be working out for you at all.

 

In any case, it's not just about you. You are ruining the forum experience for others, and that is my main concern. Remember being allowed on this forum is not a basic human right; it is a privilege granted to you by Wargaming, and if you can't play nice with other people, that privilege will be revoked.

 

You should at least apologise to PrinzofHentai for ruining his thread. I have nothing further to say in this matter.

 

He didn't seem to bothered by it,and im pretty sure i apologized 50 billion times by now.

 

Also,please stop thinking that right wing=racism,it makes you look more ignorant than an actual nazi.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users