Confused returning player seeks advice

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

Mjr_Eazy #21 Posted 22 January 2018 - 09:34 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 23275 battles
  • [BT_SV]
Brilliant that’s all us seals need, it’s not as if there’s a shortage of clubbers, luckily there are many many seals :)

He who stops being better stops being good.  Oliver Cromwell I was soundly beaten, and i am the better for it.  Monty

I keep getting beaten but getting better so its all good man :harp:. Major Eazy

Knickerson #22 Posted 22 January 2018 - 04:07 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 28152 battles
  • [ICN]
Mockney—light tanks, IMO, spot early, but don't fire first. Try not to get spotted. 
Cry "Havoc,"
And let slip the dogs of war.

William Shakespeare
Julius Caesar – Act 3, scene 1

Mockney_piers #23 Posted 22 January 2018 - 04:19 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 8516 battles

how do they play on blitz?

I'm a big light tank fan on console but the meta of the bigger maps friendlier to TDs perhaps makes it a more viable play style (well, all the crappy broken city maps notwithstanding)

I recall the OP germans appearing prior to their nerf, but not been around for any subsequent lines.

In fact it has all just changed up on console with the release of tier X lights and the rebalancing of all the others.

But damnably good idea for learning maps, something quick. Probably healthier than chugging slowly around in the deathwagon like some arse!

Best line? 

IrmaBecx #24 Posted 22 January 2018 - 04:19 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 23094 battles
  • [IRMA]

Welcome back, Mockney. Good to see you.

https://twitter.com/IrmaBecx

Wat? OMG! IrmaDrivesTanks on Youtube!

The IrmaBecx School of Tank Philosophy

"Allez, bande de singes! Vous voulez vivre pour l'éternité?" - Ferdinand Foch, 8 Sep. 1914

Mockney_piers #25 Posted 22 January 2018 - 04:19 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 8516 battles
eh oop irma, good to be back thanks mate :)

IrmaBecx #26 Posted 22 January 2018 - 04:21 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 23094 battles
  • [IRMA]

View PostMockney_piers, on 22 January 2018 - 06:19 PM, said:

how do they play on blitz?

I'm a big light tank fan on console but the meta of the bigger maps friendlier to TDs perhaps makes it a more viable play style (well, all the crappy broken city maps notwithstanding)

I recall the OP germans appearing prior to their nerf, but not been around for any subsequent lines.

In fact it has all just changed up on console with the release of tier X lights and the rebalancing of all the others.

But damnably good idea for learning maps, something quick. Probably healthier than chugging slowly around in the deathwagon like some arse!

Best line? 

Uhhh. Russian?

Come on Mockney, you remember some things about the game, don't you? :) German are still good, Russians are better because they have armour, French are tricky because they have autoloaders, and the T49 is cheating.

"Allez, bande de singes! Vous voulez vivre pour l'éternité?" - Ferdinand Foch, 8 Sep. 1914

Mockney_piers #27 Posted 22 January 2018 - 04:21 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 8516 battles

only the germans were out when i left. cross my heart....

have just bought the awful panther on console and that thing rocks like a mo-fo since the rebalancing.

Edited by Mockney_piers, 22 January 2018 - 04:22 PM.

IrmaBecx #28 Posted 22 January 2018 - 04:24 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 23094 battles
  • [IRMA]

View PostMockney_piers, on 22 January 2018 - 06:21 PM, said:

only the germans were out when i left. cross my heart....

We may see Chinese too before long. Probably another year though, only Meds Heavys and TDs have been confirmed so far to the best of my knowledge.

Making us feel all feel old here! XD

Mockney_piers #29 Posted 22 January 2018 - 04:29 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 8516 battles

i've a couple of premium Chinese lights, but haven't really pushed up that line yet. As far as i can tell they're kind of al-lrounders.

My type 632 is verrrry slow, but great camo and an underwhelming gun. Type 64 is lovely though, especially now i finally have sixth sense...kind of useful on a scout.

Will be really interesting to see how scouting compares on blitz. Right, will start grinding the ruskies i guess.

IrmaBecx #30 Posted 22 January 2018 - 04:53 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 23094 battles
  • [IRMA]

View PostMockney_piers, on 22 January 2018 - 06:29 PM, said:

i've a couple of premium Chinese lights, but haven't really pushed up that line yet. As far as i can tell they're kind of al-lrounders.

My type 632 is verrrry slow, but great camo and an underwhelming gun. Type 64 is lovely though, especially now i finally have sixth sense...kind of useful on a scout.

Will be really interesting to see how scouting compares on blitz. Right, will start grinding the ruskies i guess.

For your entertainment and edification, I include my latest writings on Russian Light tanks:

The MT-25 got a new autoloader recently:

http://forum.wotblit...mabecx-updated/

The T-54 Lightweight sports prototype:

http://forum.wotblit...er-by-irmabecx/

For extra credit, here is what turned out to be an in-depth (meaning: super nerdy) look at the new leKpz M41 90 "Black Dog":

http://forum.wotblit...og-by-irmabecx/

See you out there! :)

Mockney_piers #31 Posted 24 January 2018 - 10:25 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 8516 battles

I'll admit that when i mentioned to my old blitz mate and current console emigre radinko245 that i was thinking of picking up a tablet again, he rather scoffed and went 'why would you play world of lemmings'.

SO far, and this may be because I'm on tier 5 withthe T-34 to head up the russian lights, but thus far every game has been a lemming train vs random meanderings, and the lemmings have steamrollered every game, with me sadly on the receiving end more often than not.

Is this indeed the fate of blitz or should i just get the hell out of tier 5?

Chairman_merpug #32 Posted 24 January 2018 - 10:49 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 39020 battles
  • [AFK]
There are indeed many lemming trains, and many wandering fools, and many hiding behind buildings. However, it's tricky to play console on the bog. Certain times of day see better players online, which can help. I'm damned if I can figure out when these are...

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

Mockney_piers #33 Posted 24 January 2018 - 10:52 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 8516 battles

Don't get me wrong, the player base is every bit as apalling on console, but the lemming train is punished more often than not by caps, whereas there's more of a sense to the tactic on blitz i guess.

My recollection was that lemming trains where generally a bad idea on blitz. Has that changed due to changes in the underlying game or just more bad players?

Chairman_merpug #34 Posted 24 January 2018 - 10:58 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 39020 battles
  • [AFK]
They're still a bad idea, if there are two competent players on the other team. Very few players seem to understand their roles, with lights heading straight down the heavy channel for a head-to-head with the reds, rather than trying to spot, meds doing the same rather than flanking, and heavies considering their strongest armour to be on the side. On some maps, getting to a spotting position and lighting up the reds can make your team work.

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

Mjr_Eazy #35 Posted 24 January 2018 - 12:04 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 23275 battles
  • [BT_SV]

It is the 2 compotent players that are the problem, it doesn’t happen often.  I dont really platoon much as I generally play at times rest of clan dont but I’m getting to the stage where I’m going to as I’m not good enough to carry on my own and getting fed up of being top of a pile of tomatoes.

I don’t play above vi yet very often but it is noticably better in tiers vi and vii IMHO but lots of posts say viii is a nightmare so you may be better off going to vii or vi and/or platooning.

He who stops being better stops being good.  Oliver Cromwell I was soundly beaten, and i am the better for it.  Monty

I keep getting beaten but getting better so its all good man :harp:. Major Eazy

Mockney_piers #36 Posted 24 January 2018 - 12:21 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 8516 battles

as ever all appreciated chaps.

I never was much of a tooner as I've always been the type to squeeze games into the odd moment here and there (the throne being a classic as @mrpgilbert rightly points out).

I guess I'll just have a painful period whilst i get used to it all and how to respond. Like brave sir robin i guess running away is probably best :)

Mockney_piers #37 Posted 24 January 2018 - 01:04 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 8516 battles

nothing's changed there :D

sk8xtrm #38 Posted 24 January 2018 - 01:18 PM

First Sergeant

• Community Contributor
  • 43561 battles
  • [REQ]
Mockney_Piers! Welcome back :)

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube....sk8xtrm

Chairman_merpug #39 Posted 24 January 2018 - 02:14 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 39020 battles
  • [AFK]
Around lunchtime there seems to be a bit of a skill spike. At least, I came across a lot of 55%+ players between 1 and 2 today, which made for more interesting gameplay.

Mockney_piers #40 Posted 24 January 2018 - 02:40 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 8516 battles

i found on console that work hours on weekdays outside of school holidays was a relatively safe space.

Sadly my WFH era is finished. My battle count has suffered accordingly!

Big up Sk8, good to see you, always a pleasure :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users