• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

jylpah #41 Posted 01 February 2018 - 07:11 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 21656 battles
  • [AFK]

View PosttalhaONE, on 02 February 2018 - 12:19 AM, said:

I sad its very hard on hulldown.Its harder then every tank game when its on hulldown.But when on not hulldown its easier to pen frontally then other heavies.

I cannot call a heavy tank soft when its the hardest hulldown tank in game.

While I am seeing an emerging agreement here :great:, I have to disappoint you and open a new front in our debate about the true meaning of "hard" (tank).

Is T110E5 really the "hardest hulldown tank in the game"? While this is often repeated "fact", this is actually open for debate. Please have a look the following screenshots of T110E3 shooting AP towards different tanks with the strong turret. Based on the screenshots, it is clear how the tank with the hardest turret is IS-7, not T110E5. T110E5 is does not have even the 2nd strongest turret, but only the 4th strongest turret after IS-7, IS-7 and ST-I. It is true that IS-4/7 have only -6 degrees of gun depression, ST-I has bot stronger turret - both frontally and all-around - but also the same -8 degrees of gun depression. Therefore, the "strongest hulldown tank in game" is either IS-7 (-6 deg) or ST-I (-8 deg) or STB-1 (-10 deg), but it is definitely not T110E5.

That something is often quoted as a "fact" does not make it so.

T110E5

T110E5

IS-7

IS-7

IS-4

IS-4

ST-I

Edited by jylpah, 01 February 2018 - 08:20 PM.

Arth_Vader #42 Posted 01 February 2018 - 08:03 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 16248 battles
  • [VG]
Well said sir.

Scree_Runner #43 Posted 01 February 2018 - 08:38 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 41461 battles
  • [VG]
The rating of a hull down tank can’t purely be rated on the strength of the turret and/or gun depression.  Certainly these are very important items but there is also gun handling to consider.  Being hull down and bounce shots is great, but if you can’t accurately take shots back then you can’t always put the damage back into the reds.  The Russian tanks and the STB-1 all suffer from poor gun handling whereas the E5 excels.  Even in a tank with great turret armour I always still wiggle to protect any potential weak spots, so when the reds try and peek-a-boom from their cover i’d favour the American gun any day as it is far more accurate.

It’s all a balance and just depends on your play style as to which tank works best for you in a hulldown situation.  I’m not sure there is a definitive answer to this question.

jylpah #44 Posted 01 February 2018 - 09:21 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 21656 battles
  • [AFK]

Yes, E5 is a great hull-down tank. Definitely.It has good gun handling that is needed for true hull-down work. We were just nitpicking about the "hardest hull-down tank". Typical forum spat...

:P

RA1D_SCHNITZEL_ #45 Posted 01 February 2018 - 09:46 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 49809 battles
  • [RA1D]
Thx jylpah, I was just about to make a similar comparison. There are plenty of „harder“ hulldown tanks in the game than the E5... the E5 has weak parts around the gun mantlet plus the commander hatch, that is smaller but still pennable. The IS7, IS4 and STI easily outclass it in terms of turret armour. They are better frontally PLUS you dont get easily pennable turret cheeks as soon as you are facing the turret at a slight angle. I would add to your selection the T110E3 plus Tier-for-Tier the T-32, IS-5 and Defender. Even the FV215 has a turret that is probably as good as the one of the E5. Nothing though is as hard as talhaones head. ;)

Stop Complaining...           ...Carry Harder!

minitelrose #46 Posted 02 February 2018 - 11:31 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 76497 battles
  • [AFK]

ok good people with the new updates I went into armor inspector

everyone (here) knows about the E5 armor update.

famously WG cut the infamous cupola. Yay !! 

Meanwhile completely sly they also modeled the mudguard panels into spaced armor. That was completely unexpected,. I had to look twice because I thought I was looking at the PC models for this level of detail. I was not. The pc model doesn’t even have this built in.  is a relative buff if you want, but more importantly we need to notice this is the first tank ever they model the mudguards for. There are many other tanks that could be huge armor buff by having these panels modeled. They will suddenly help against hear rounds.

now in game and for the case of E5, the gain is marginal. First of all the mudguards follow exactly the tracks. So almost everything that is covered by the mudguards are also covered by the tracks.

and also they are perfectly horizontal, so on a flat ground, you would almost never hit them.

pics :

Now it looks good but this is how much protection it gives you :

for protection, wearing a condom is a better idea.

WHY wargaming, WHYYYYYYY ?????

Edited by minitelrose, 02 February 2018 - 11:32 PM.

Read my guides there

"I want the game to be just how it was launched, no MM limitations for platoons, some unbalanced match once in a while, and friendly fire should come back as well. The only thing they should remove is statistics." -phony1907, 08 July 2016, 05:45pm - 

I want just that, and replay files.

talhaONE #47 Posted 03 February 2018 - 05:30 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 17345 battles
  • [CZZR]

View Postminitelrose, on 03 February 2018 - 01:31 AM, said:

ok good people with the new updates I went into armor inspector

everyone (here) knows about the E5 armor update.

famously WG cut the infamous cupola. Yay !! 

Meanwhile completely sly they also modeled the mudguard panels into spaced armor. That was completely unexpected,. I had to look twice because I thought I was looking at the PC models for this level of detail. I was not. The pc model doesn’t even have this built in.  is a relative buff if you want, but more importantly we need to notice this is the first tank ever they model the mudguards for. There are many other tanks that could be huge armor buff by having these panels modeled. They will suddenly help against hear rounds.

now in game and for the case of E5, the gain is marginal. First of all the mudguards follow exactly the tracks. So almost everything that is covered by the mudguards are also covered by the tracks.

and also they are perfectly horizontal, so on a flat ground, you would almost never hit them.

pics :

Now it looks good but this is how much protection it gives you :

for protection, wearing a condom is a better idea.

WHY wargaming, WHYYYYYYY ?????

They did the same thing for su 101.Anyway dont expect mud flaps to protect something.It only protects from deathstars hesh shell if they manage the hit the mud flaps.

minitelrose #48 Posted 03 February 2018 - 07:50 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 76497 battles
  • [AFK]

Indeed SU101 as well...

beginning  of a new area ?

i think having them modeled is nice. It can change quite a couple of tanks eventually.

this said, how this was completely unannounced ?

They announced to have changed the rear of Dracula, which is invisible by any means.

Edited by minitelrose, 03 February 2018 - 07:50 AM.

Read my guides there

"I want the game to be just how it was launched, no MM limitations for platoons, some unbalanced match once in a while, and friendly fire should come back as well. The only thing they should remove is statistics." -phony1907, 08 July 2016, 05:45pm - 

talhaONE #49 Posted 03 February 2018 - 10:45 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 17345 battles
  • [CZZR]

View Postminitelrose, on 03 February 2018 - 09:50 AM, said:

Indeed SU101 as well...

beginning  of a new area ?

i think having them modeled is nice. It can change quite a couple of tanks eventually.

this said, how this was completely unannounced ?

They announced to have changed the rear of Dracula, which is invisible by any means.

Dracula obviously needed a fix when there are t20 and st emil in game.

Anyway the problem i didnt get why flaps are spaced armor on certain tanks while other tanks havent got it.They shouldnt have it too if most of the tanks havent got.

minitelrose #50 Posted 03 February 2018 - 03:47 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 76497 battles
  • [AFK]

View PosttalhaONE, on 03 February 2018 - 11:45 AM, said:

Dracula obviously needed a fix when there are t20 and st emil in game.

Anyway the problem i didnt get why flaps are spaced armor on certain tanks while other tanks havent got it.They shouldnt have it too if most of the tanks havent got.

until now no tank had any.

and I think it makes sense that all tanks are actually modeled with their features on ( perticularily, M10 spaced armor )

but apparently nothing makes sense anymore. 

Read my guides there

talhaONE #51 Posted 03 February 2018 - 04:51 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 17345 battles
  • [CZZR]

View Postminitelrose, on 03 February 2018 - 05:47 PM, said:

until now no tank had any.

and I think it makes sense that all tanks are actually modeled with their features on ( perticularily, M10 spaced armor )

but apparently nothing makes sense anymore. 

Yeah nothing makes sense.I didnt get it why wargaming doing such things.

Jammytwss212 #52 Posted 04 February 2018 - 10:45 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 37043 battles
  • [TWSS]

View Postsuperschnitzelkoenig, on 31 January 2018 - 11:30 AM, said:

I think noone really believes talhaOne has all the tanks on a second account. And even if: he obviously misses a proper understanding of the tanks in higher tiers and the strength of his opinion and his passion to persuade us of it by far overmatches his ability to correctly judge the strengths and weaknesses of tanks. 

On Topic: I took the E5 out for a few games this morning: It's absolutely georgous. It's not that I had really been hit that much into the Cupola but KNOWING you don't have one allows for a much more confident gameplay. You will use positions that you earlier thought to be unsafe. You will aim longer and you will hit more. Is it OP? I don't think so: It still has the worst hull armour of all Heavies apart of the AMX 50B and the T57 but it has definitely become competitive.

Playing against the amx50b, I think it has one of the strongest hulls at tier 10.

talhaONE #53 Posted 04 February 2018 - 10:58 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 17345 battles
  • [CZZR]

View PostJammytwss212, on 04 February 2018 - 12:45 PM, said:

Playing against the amx50b, I think it has one of the strongest hulls at tier 10.

Amx 50 b hull cheeks are paper.But you are right hull front is really strong and sloped which makes it a true rammer.

Also tagged with t10, t110e5, tanks, buff, dpm, gunhandling

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users