Quitting Blitz

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

sixty_three #1 Posted 11 February 2018 - 04:27 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 9598 battles

This’ll be my final post on this forum, as I’ve decided to quit playing Blitz.

I started playing Blitz to see how it stacked up against my memories of WW2 wargaming, using metal miniatures, back in the 1970’s - 1980’s.  Blitz was my first MMO game, and it was quite a learning curve at first.  But thanks in part to the advice I read on forum posts, and some specific advice from members of this community, I was able to progress to reach a reasonable standard of play.

My objectives were, after I decided I quite liked Blitz, to fight in all the vehicles I’d used whilst wargaming 30-40 years ago.  The final one being to become competent in the “Heavy Churchill”. Other objectives suggested by WG came and went; but as a play4fun tanker, I’d never be competitive at Tier VIII and above.  A brief try out of the SuperPershing rather confirmed this to me.

Part of my inspiration for wargaming stemmed from the real-life experiences of my uncle.  He took part in the D-Day landings and ended up fighting his way through Europe, across the Rhine, and ended up seeing for himself the horrors of Belsen.  

My uncles funeral took place a few days ago.  He lived into his 90’s, 70 years longer than many of his comrades.  I feel sad for them as much as I feel sad for my Uncle Bob.

All the ranting, etc., that goes on in game - the general pettiness of some people, it’s all completely trivial.  Utterly pointless in the wider scheme of things.  But learning how to play this game better, learning how the game itself works, and how best to conduct oneself on a forum like this, well they are worthwhile skills to have.  So if that’s your goal in being here and playing the game, may your studies be fruitful.

All the best,

sixty-three

For my military knowledge, though I'm plucky and adventury,
Has only been brought down to the beginning of the century;
But still in matters vegetable, animal, and mineral,
I am the very model of a modern Major-General.

VonPottypoop #2 Posted 11 February 2018 - 05:03 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 13925 battles
  • [FTC-1]
Sad to see you leave the game and the forum. Good luck in your future ventures.

​Very proud leader of the Fun-Tan-Clan 

RustyRaptor #3 Posted 11 February 2018 - 07:15 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 4449 battles
  • [V4LUE]
Goodbye,i guess Wargaming really started bothering you with their actions eh?

VonPottypoop #4 Posted 11 February 2018 - 08:52 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 13925 battles
  • [FTC-1]

View PostRustyRaptor, on 11 February 2018 - 07:15 PM, said:

Goodbye,i guess Wargaming really started bothering you with their actions eh?

Unfortunately a fair few that have thousands of games and were truly active have disappeared recently.

​Very proud leader of the Fun-Tan-Clan 

mrpgilbert #5 Posted 11 February 2018 - 09:42 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 32157 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostVonPottypoop, on 11 February 2018 - 08:52 PM, said:

Unfortunately a fair few that have thousands of games and were truly active have disappeared recently.

This always happens. Look at the names of the originators of most of the long running, genuinely humorous or intelligent threads. Most have left the game or the forum. In the latter case, the constant whining is a major cause.

On the other hand, the average number of players on EU and RU servers is going up. Asia and NA are static. No actual decline.

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it.

Be nice to me..

http://www.blitzstar...r/eu/mrpgilbert

Tijgerhaai_XIV #6 Posted 11 February 2018 - 10:58 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 8215 battles
  • [ALBA]
See you around, 63. It's been a pleasure.

StrikeFIN #7 Posted 11 February 2018 - 11:05 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 8133 battles

I'm mostly sad because of 4.6 update performance regressions, premium garage animation feels sluggish and certain maps weather effects (snowing, mostly) cause huge fps drops from 60 > around 20-25, and for first time during my Blitz gameplay got "Blitz been stopped" error message on Android, got also 2nd time "blitz keep stopping"

Made already very detailed ticket about all bugs found on 4.6 update (quite few, lol), now just waiting for 4.7 or later and will install Blitz again then :) now testing WoT 1.0 beta.

Edited by StrikeFIN, 11 February 2018 - 11:08 PM.

WR

Mjr_Eazy #8 Posted 12 February 2018 - 05:45 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 13937 battles
  • [BT_SV]

Sad to see you go as the forum needs all the calm, rational thinkers it can get.  

Good luck in the real world!

He who stops being better stops being good.  Oliver Cromwell I was soundly beaten, and i am the better for it.  Monty

I keep getting beaten but getting better so its all good man :harp:. Major Eazy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users